India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

We had the best time staying at this hostel. We met great people, the vibe was very friendly and easy going. Brunch run by the hostel was key every morning as part of the recovery from the night before. Highly recommend staying here!

• 13th Aug 2015

Four of us stayed here for a total of four nights and we all loved it. The place was fantastic, great social atmosphere and close to amenities with the tram a 10 second walk away. Highly recommended.

Fantastic stay we loved it! One thing to improve people's experience may be to have a book/ leaflets of places close to the hostel, for example food shops and places to eat.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Besides sneezing the whole time because I am allergic to mold (the room and bathroom were quite damp and not very clean), we had a great time. The atmosphere was nice (fresh made breakfast every morning, drinks around the swimming pool at night, friendly staff, etc.) and the location was good (just a couple minutes walk to the street car stop).

Such a chill hostel, staff were great and the services were great also! The pool was such an nice addition. I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this one is the best by far for value for money. The breakfast each morning was great too. The perfect hangover cure! The private room was really well air conditioned and very clean.

• 11th Aug 2015

Great Staff, Great place, Great Hostelers

• 11th Aug 2015

Best hostel in new orleans for the atmosphere

This hotel is soooo cooool!!! The atmosfere is fantastic, the strutture and all the staff have a great organisation! And remember , all you can see on the picture's web site is true! Also the awesome swimming pool !!!! Enjoy your stay in the India hostel and feed your karma with good energy for a very good price ;-) ! Nico (from Italy)

• 10th Aug 2015

A lot of cockroaches but also a lot of flair. I would visit again!

My second time at India house this year. Once again, by at and away one of the best hostels I've stayed in in. If you are in ew orleans you absolutely have to stay here. It has a homely feel and the staff are fantastic. The pool and cooked breakfast help too.

My friend and I loved our stay at India House. It was a fun, well located place with lots of gorgeous communal space and an awesome, friendly staff. I'm very glad to have stayed there, and would return.

• 9th Aug 2015

Too much mess. Employees incompetent. Dirty restrooms. No washing machines. In bedroom of 16 two beds in front of the door: poor guy who sleep there. Good location; nice atmosphere hippy but nothing else

• 9th Aug 2015

I liked the food - it was very good, cheap and fresh. No locker room.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Poland

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the overall atmosphere was nice and relaxing. The only complaint I had is how loud the door to the building we slept in was; it would slam very loudly every time someone came in, and that was often very late at night. The pillows were also a bit flat, so I'd bring my own next time. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking for affordable accommodation that's not too far from the city center.

• 6th Aug 2015

This is one of the coolest places ever. When I first walked in I had no idea what to expect. Landed in NOLA knowing absolutely nothing about the town or the vibe. Thought I'd come here to chill out but I ended up having the adventure of a lifetime. Th people, the staff, the pool and the atmosphere make this place totally amazing. I was going to stay for 2 nights and then find somewhere else to stay for the rest of my trip but Even though there's only 1 toilet per floor I never wanted to leave.

• 6th Aug 2015

we stayed in August for 4 nights in a private room and everything was perfect for the price we paid. the staff very friendly and relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Clean and well maintained despite some travelers who do not know how to pick ... less than 10 minutes by bus from Bourbon, very easy to get to. I recommend without hesitation! :)

• 5th Aug 2015

We stayed in a private bedroom, which was brand new and very clean. Very friendly atmosphere at the pool (which was greatly appreciated because it was SO hot in August). A little far from the center but there is a direct bus or it's a $10 cab drive. Only not great review: a lot of noise in the morning due to work in the hostel

We loved our stay except for the dorm room being very very hot and only one window unit that was saturated with mold

Awesome hostel for meeting people the pool was a big bonus!

This was a lovely hostel with a great atmosphere and I enjoyed hanging with the staff and cool folk on the porch. I was extremely disappointed though to find that in the kitchen there was primarily disposable dishware including styrofoam cups, paper plates, and plastic utensils. I couldn't believe that in the 21st century they would not have the consciousness for the environment to invest in some regular, washable utensils. It was nuts! Other guests too thought this was outrageous.