India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I could pay a bit more for a bit more quality. Do your buildings pass fire codes? It all seems over crowded with no escape routes. I am an old hippy (61) and certainly appreciate the atmosphere, except I have come to appreciate a good night sleep with order and courtesy. I think my laptop caught a virus at your place. After calls to support and a system restore I am back online.

• 14th Jul 2015

Amazing place! Just a 5 or 10 minute tram or bus ride to the quarter. The facilities are decent enough. I felt extremely comfortable there and had a great time!The only thing to watch out for is some of the employees attitudes, If you catch certain ones on an off day be prepared. It's an hostel after all... If you aren't ok answering questions or dealing with drunk people don't work here. Will most definitely stay my next back in NOLA!!!!!

It has a welcoming great atmosphere and really nice, knowledgeable and friendly staff. I had a double bed room that was quiet, clean and with a must needed functioning AC. The room however had fleas which a bit annoying. Over all a cool place to stay.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Israel

If u are a clean freak or picky dont stay here is really hippie environment and the clean is not the strongest but the people is cool and the patio area is really good to chill and know everyone what i look is the nearest to the french quarter u just have to take the bus in the corner 3dlls for a full day pass

Definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The hostel is a beautiful old building with lots of character the staff are friendly, the facilities are great with a kitchen, plenty of areas to socialise in and also a pool! Everyone I met here were great people and we all had such a fun time together it's really easy to meet people. Easy to get in to French quarter just get the trolley down Canal st. Rooms are air conditioned, beds comfy. Great breakfast although not free. Whole foods near by.

Really nice hostel, well located and full of really really nice and interesting persons from all over the world, the staff is nice and live with us! Highly recommend it!

• 12th Jul 2015

Although a great hostel you would think they would supply the kitchen with some dishes and utensils that could be washed and used again. Instead there was styrofoam and plastic. To me this is Insanity for 2015. It was wasteful and so bad for the environment.

Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful staff, just minutes to the French quarter. I plan on returning!

• 9th Jul 2015

I loved staying at the India Backpackers Hostel. When I arrived at first I was abit sceptical but after I kinda has sometime to look around and hang out with the people I really loved it. It's definitely a home away from home. There's a lot of on the road tourist who stay at this hostel. People are friendly and the chill Area is fun. They sell breakfast, lunch and dinner for like less than $6 everyday and it's tasty. There's a vending machine on site, a ATM and Internet access. I loved it thanks

• 8th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

The pool was essential during our stay in July. Common rooms were nice and cool. We were in a 8 bed dorm, it was clean and quiet for a dorm. There is only 1 bathroom upstairs so that sucks. The street car is literally steps from the door. It will take about 10 min not even to get to Bourban Street. Overall we enjoyed our stay!

We stayed at India House for three nights and loved it. It was so laid back and everyone was so nice. The location made it easy to get downtown and it even had a pool. Parking was also free on the street which made it even better.

• 8th Jul 2015

I love India House and I will be coming back. It's a friendly chill atmosphere and the staff knows the area.

After settling in with India House, we knew right away we had made the best choice possible. The staff and people staying at this hostel absolutely made this trip unforgettable for us. I would give it 20 stars out of 10 purely based on the people we met that will be friendships for life. Being european owned, it draws people from all over the world staying at this hostel, which is why we travel, right? Cheap meals, amazing pool and socal area.I dont have anything but good to say about IndiaHouse

• 6th Jul 2015

The customer service was awful and the security deposit is difficult to get back eve of you how the key. The atmosphere otherwise was great hippy vibe. good food

• 6th Jul 2015

The India Hostel is a perfect place to relax, to meet new people and it has the perfect location so that you will enjoy the city of New Orleans to its fullest. With its alternative charme this hostel provides a beautiful place to stay. I connect it with beautiful memories.

• 5th Jul 2015

Dirty kitchen. Minimal fournitures in the private rome and staff not very friendly.

The staff were very slow! The Atmosphere was very poor. Full of hippies. I didn't like it at all. I didn't take shower for 2 days because I was disgusted by the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly. Very nice spot in the town. Love my stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

great place to stay .a towel would be nice though

• 2nd Jul 2015

This is a great e hostel! 10 minutes and a $3 cable car ride from the heart of New Orleans, very clean and well maintained, plus the breakfast/dinner options are AWESOME! I stayed in a private room ensuite and it was well worth it. I was disappointed by the staff--they were not friendly or welcoming, but rather treated me like I was a bother. Sometimes they wouldn't even look up from their laptops when guests walked in the front door. Worst staff I've ever met in a hostel. Otherwise, great!

• 2nd Jul 2015