India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Great place to stay in NOLA. Not kn the quarter but not far from it either. Staff are friendly and helpful and the pool just tops it off!

Everything was fine. Keep it like it is!

• 30th Sep 2014

Great Atmosphere ... They have daily cook outs in the back yard where u can eat and meet fellow travelers. This place really put the effort to create a place for all to meet . i love the Hostel feel they have created. if you have never stayed in a hostel this is what it should feel like.

I stayed there while in Nola and honestly, I wish we would have stayed there 2 nights as opposed to renting a hotel room in the French Quarter (quite expensive for a night). The hostel staff was very nice, cool atmosphere. You can make your own food in the back or pay an additional fee to have something made for you. The location is about 20-25 minutes walk from the French Quarter and Bourbon street. My husband and I had a private dorm. It was very clean with clean mattresses. Will be back!

• 29th Sep 2014

I love this place. I felt like I was part of a community.

• 29th Sep 2014

If I could describe it in one word, it would be GROSS. I've been to heaps of hostels around the world and have never seen something that disgusting and dirty before. Big disappointment.

• Poland

love the house cat

Fantastic in every way. Thanks!

Really cool hostel with good atmosphere. Good location. Cheap breakfast and dinners. Clean for the most part. I would stay here again!

I had a great stay here and made a lot of new friends. We all agreed that India House is a great place to stay! Just do it, book it!

The staff were friendly :)

India House is an absolute palace- 100000% worth what you pay for. Amazing location, amazing people, amazing atmosphere! Can't wait to return.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Very nice House, beautiful garden, bbq kitchen, huge and beautiful pool, only 10 minutes by streetcar to french quarter.

• 20th Sep 2014

Pretty decent hostel for such a cheap price! Stayed in a private room because not a big fan of the hostel/party atmosphere (but if you are then India house is perfect) and where completely undisturbed! Had to be moved into a dorm for the last night; wasnt great but again, for the price, not bad!

Had a amazing time staff was wonderful the people was amazing wit alot of stories to tell will go back again learn a lot met some very friendly people and staff.

• 20th Sep 2014

Overall a very good experience, the owners have put a lot of thought into the communal spaces and the building is very characterful. Basic but exceptionally clean and well-designed room ( brilliant shower) and relatively quiet, although unfortunately we were woken up on both days, once by the cleaners watching music videos on their phones, then again by hostel staff incorrectly thinking we were supposed to check out a day earlier than we were, though I'm sure this is a rare occurrence.

• 18th Sep 2014

Awesome hostel, great breakfast available and heaps of fun! Only downside is the bathrooms - one per floor or having to go to the ones outside so they always seemed busy in my time there. That was only a minor issue in an aotherwise wesome hostel.

The place is easy to find and close to a tram which will bring you downtown. It is all typical hostel style, a bit of hippie atmosphere. Two points are not satisfying: No breakfast included as usual in a hostel and even worse: Our room was as cold as a fridge. A/C is running all night with no control for the room. Unfortunately the A/C itself was outside but directly on our wall, so it was very loud the whole night, too. We mentioned this two times but nobody offered a solution. Bring earplugs!

Price reflects standard. No proper plates or silver wear, bugs in kitchen. Bedding doesn't fit beds properly. Rooms are small. About a 15 minute tram ride to bourbon street. Staff and other people in the hostel very friendly and helpful.

• 14th Sep 2014

I would definitely stay at India House again. We had a private room. It was basic but served its purpose and all the facilities we needed were elsewhere on the property. My only problem was with the older Swiss guy who occasionally staffed and stayed there. He was rude to other staff and guests and would stand around staring at younger guests, interrupting conversations and generally creeping out the girls. It was obvious that other staff members (who I can't fault) didn't like him. Great place!

• 13th Sep 2014