India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

My only two complaints would be the rooms were very cold, the heating is really bad! And the blankets weren't so clean :/ Otherwise it is a very cosy hostel! Very easy to get to French Quarter from there! Also super quite neighbourhood!

Great hostel in a great location. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to New Orleans.

Had a great stay at India house. Special mentions to Robin for always being willing to recommend great restaurants and music venues as well as one of the most enthusiastic tours ever! Alex for her accepting and carefree nature towards all people. Ginny for being so calm and collected under pressure and super accomodating to any request - a true example of what customer service should be :) finally to mark for great comic relief and the best breakfast burrito ever. 10/10 happy little vegemites!

• 20th Jan 2016

stayed at India House and had a pretty good experience last year, but this year was a little bit of a different story. The girls running the bookings were mostly pretty rude and unwelcoming, the cleanliness of the room/bathroom/and common area were all pretty subpar and the atmosphere seemed pretty lame. wont be staying here again

• 19th Jan 2016

India House hostel was exactly what I was looking for- super laid back, well organized place to stay. I stayed in one of the double suit rooms which was VERY nice, especially for 30 bucks a night. I loved the ambience of the place- it was my kind of vibe. I read a bunch of reviews about how the bathrooms were unkempt or something, but I'd have to disagree with that. The private room bathrooms were on par with regular hotels I've stayed at. Communal bathrooms were basically like any college dorms

• 16th Jan 2016

Breakfast and dinner were great to have!

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Iran

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you very much.

• 15th Jan 2016

Really cool spot, good food, clean rooms. It's a cheap ride to Bourbon St. and felt pretty secure inside. I'd go back.

• 15th Jan 2016

I thought the hostel was great! Only suggestion I would make for the hostel is to provide alittle bit better upkeep of he bathrooms. Aside from this it was a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Jan 2016

Cheap place to stay, great place to meet other travellers. Some of the staff had extremely poor knowledge of New Orleans and were not very helpful.

The staff are friendly and there are plenty of opportunities to interact with other campers. They provide dinner for a reasonable cost. Nightly cost is excellent, but my room did get cold and the blanket they gave me wasn't adequate. However, they happily gave me a second blanket when I asked. You do have to buy a towel if you don't bring one.

Definitely a fun hostel to stay at if you are looking for a good time, like I was. Not too far from French Quarter or Bourbon which was an easy trolley ride down. Without a doubt I would stay here again!

• 8th Jan 2016

Check in was quick and staff were pleasant. Main hostel building was nice and had a decent atmosphere but room was awful. Doors were flimsy and could've been knocked in by a stiff breeze. Bathroom was mouldy and had holes in the walls, shower was so broken to work it was like solving some ancient puzzlebox. The bedding we were given might as well have been a piece of old carpet and was like sandpaper to touch. Convienient tram stop nearby and the food they serve is pretty tasty.

• All Male Group, 18-24

India house was exactly what I want from every hostel. It was friendly, homey, had good food, awesome facilities.. It was fabulous. : )

• 8th Jan 2016

I loved my stay at India House! The house is awesome, the staff is great and I met incredible people there. It is a great place to meet new people and make friends. Special thanks for Ginny, Alex and Robin for being so lovely and fun! Thank you India House!

A good hostel! Although the rooms are kept very! simple and without much cozyness. I really disliked that they don't provide any plates, bowls, glasses in the kitchen. Only thing available were plastic things which you only use once. I think thats horrible, a hostel could teach you that you can live and travel on a budget AND taking care of the environment!

• 7th Jan 2016

I like the staff being honest, they're friendly and accommodating and they actually listen to you.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

India house was awesome! Stayed 3 nights with the GF in a private room that even had a private bathroom, was very affordable. Haven't been to many hostels in the US but I can't see how any could be much better than India House. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was very welcoming and made it easy to talk to other travelers, with enough space to do your own thing if you wanted. Great location by trolley. Will definitely be staying here again next time I come to New Orleans.

• 5th Jan 2016

Fun hostel, staff were nice

• 5th Jan 2016

Need a better heater!! I could barely feel the heat from the heater and it was really cold at night!

• 4th Jan 2016