India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

We loved our stay except for the dorm room being very very hot and only one window unit that was saturated with mold

Awesome hostel for meeting people the pool was a big bonus!

This was a lovely hostel with a great atmosphere and I enjoyed hanging with the staff and cool folk on the porch. I was extremely disappointed though to find that in the kitchen there was primarily disposable dishware including styrofoam cups, paper plates, and plastic utensils. I couldn't believe that in the 21st century they would not have the consciousness for the environment to invest in some regular, washable utensils. It was nuts! Other guests too thought this was outrageous.

Great staff! I had a wonderful time whilst in New Orleans, I left my mobile phone in the room and the amazing staff arranged the delivery for me to the airport! Wonderful location as it is just a short bus ride from the town center.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

Great and lively hostel with people of different age. Loved it.

Staffs are amazing, helpful, and friendly You can cook (if you want), or buy breakfast and meals at the hostel (cheap price). The hostel is close from dollar family (cheap market), and a few minutes from walgreens. Also, you may take the street car through city park and canal st. It is easy to go to any place in New Orleans.

• 1st Aug 2015

Such a great place, staff and atmosphere. Clean sheets.

I really enjoyed staying here. I got to meet a lot of cool people. The staff were knowledgeable and able to recommend things to do. I stayed in the mixed dorm which I was a little concerned about being a woman but it wasn't a problem. No one bothered me and people were very polite.

• 1st Aug 2015

Myself and my friend stayed here for a few days whilst doing a little road trip through America this hostel was by far the best place we stayed on our travels it has a very chilled out friendly atmosphere you meet lots of people from all over the world and of mixed age ranges. The pool is fantastic to cool down and in the whole outdoor area is very communal. The room suited our purpose was basic but with a modern bathroom and very clean.

• 31st Jul 2015

Good hostel

• 31st Jul 2015

second time staying here. I really liked it. Though, i wanted to stay an extra night and they didnt have a room for us.

• 30th Jul 2015

Very cool hostel, easy access to take bus to go to everywhere. I recommend!

The hostel has a great atmosphere and is well located. The showers and beds are not good. Plus they do not have towels to rent, Only to sell.

Had the best time here!!! Better then I ever expected!!

• 30th Jul 2015

Hit and miss with the staff. Most staff were great, genuinely really helpful and friendly. However- I remember it was late and I did not have a pillow or sheet, duvet etc in my room and asking the big german sounding guy with a moustache if I may have them. I got a prissy response about what had I done with mine? The answer being I wasnt provided them in the first place! Bit unhelpful and left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Saw him being very friendly to a young group of girls soon after...

• 29th Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Easy to make friends and most nights there are wild so be prepared to bender if you stay there. The pool is a great feature especially when it's disgustingly hot in the summer time there . Only bad thing I'll say is that some of the older staff are really grumpy and hostile. Would definitely stay there again if I ever return to New Orleans. Cheers.

This is a great place to party and meet people from all over the world. You can bring your own booze and there is always people having drinks and partying throughout the night. I would not recommend staying here if you want a quiet trip in New Orleans. I had an absolute ball here besides one of the owners telling a guy I met that he hoped he gets arrested. Pretty uncalled for over a broken glass. But besides that would definitely come back and recommend this place to anyone with an iron liver.

• 29th Jul 2015

I had a very good experience at India House Hostel. The staff is kind and friendly, and you receive good recommendations whenever you ask. The Hostel is not very close to French Quarter, but there's a bus stop just at the corner. I took a room with private bathroom and everything was completely clean and comfy, and it wasn't expensive at all. It has all the facilities required and I definitely recommend it!

• Colombia

They need to provide a blanket along with the sheets. Also, the facilities (bathroom and shower) should be air conditioned.

• 28th Jul 2015

Atmosphere and staff is absolutely great. We ate breakfast and dinner here daily for a few bucks. Easy ride downtown by bus. Even though the place could need an upgrade, all of this plus pool and low room rates made up for it and we would definitely stay here again

• 27th Jul 2015