India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

the Hostel give us the best of attention and also simple and authentic theme. I enjoyed every moment that i spend in the hostel because the people who went to the hostel at the same time that i was, were really nice people interesting, travelers of everywhere and i could spend a great time with them.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Colombia

is perfect place to stay in NOLA the best bohemian hostel i stayed

GREAT Experience! loved the art in walls perfect New Orleans atmosphere! Planning to return...

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Belize

Simply the best hostel I've ever stayed!

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Russia

One word can describe my experience of this place: Home. The staff and the people that go through here are all amazing. Even though the booking procedure is far from optimal, and improvements could be made, this hostel is definitely the best I've stayed at. The reason? The vibe. I stayed more than twice the time I was supposed to and I can't wait to come back when the pool is done ;) I obviously wish they didn't raise the price during Mardi Gras, it's not coo - but it was worth every penny.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Great Hostel, atmosphere is amazing. Pity the outdoor pool wasn't finished yet.

Lovely main building;however a lot of rooms are in the back yard in tiny little houses. Booked a double room, which was in a desperate need of redecoration, the (bunk!) beds rattled, and the blankets were ancient and, I suspect, they do not wash them between bookings, just put a clean sheet underneath. There was hair all over the upper bed.The other travelers were good fun and we had some very interesting conversations there. Side entrance free for all,also spotted a massive roach at night!

The amazing common areas are what makes this hostel great. It's not just a place to drop your bag and pass out. During mealtimes it is very easy for those traveling alone to find new people to hang out with, and hear about interesting things or places

• 19th Feb 2014

Overal a great hostel! The rooms are nothing special but it does the job. The kitchen is very spacious, enough pots and pans, you can use the barbecue after their use and they offer cheap meals there too. We found it to be very sociable though most travelers we met there are quite young and like to party every night.

Great atmosphere, cool guys to meet and GREAT BREAKFAST!!!!

This is a real backpackers house i feel. People are awesome up there. I would recommend to anyone who like to stay as backpacker or enjoy the lifestyle.

people who are not too fussed about cleanliness and just want to have a good time will have a ball. Amazing atmosphere and great / cheap breakfast and dinner options, Do not rent towels out though which was annoying, had to buy one.

Very nice place! I recommend it!!

Atmosphere was nice but I didn't feel like it was in the greatest neighborhood. I would stay there again if it wasn't for them saying I couldn't stay another night bc I had a La license which made me mad bc they should have acknowledged that on their hostelworld web page. So I didn't feel very welcomed after that point.

India House has an amazing layout and a fantastic atmosphere. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting New Orelans.

• 15th Feb 2014

I liked the private room, It had a plug in radiator for a very comfy night...yeahhh.I did not use a lot of the other things, kitchen, beer frig, tv, etc

• 15th Feb 2014

The hostel had so much character and we loved the vibes. We were a 30 second walk from the Canal street trolley and felt at home on day 1. Awesome value and we would definitely stay again!

• 14th Feb 2014

The bed linen was dirty and the floor was broken and dirty. Bathroom clean. Strange people around (Most of them did Not even say hello), strange atmosphere. Good location to arrive fast downtown and area around. Fast WiFi.

• 11th Feb 2014

A great hostel in a great location with great public transport 1 black away. Each night they had a meal you could buy for $5 and the portions were huge. Great if you couldn't be bothered to cook! The staff were friendly and everything was clean. The only thing is it was quite cold, although we were given a portable radiator.

Absolutely loved my stay. Great, sociable hostel with a soul and atmosphere like no other.

• 6th Feb 2014