India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Having a pool: definite plus.

• 4th Oct 2014

The place is really sweet. Big dorms with AC and lots of showers and toilets. The people working here are kind of rude and if the facilities were not as good as they are, then I dont think I would come back. But its sure nice to come here for a few days of NO party!

I had a great time at India House. I was definitely satisfied!

• 3rd Oct 2014

I loved the $3 breakfast

The staff were phenomenally friendly and helpful, and the location was very convenient for checking out many parts of NOLA. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• 1st Oct 2014

Some of the bathrooms were the worst I've seen anywhere in the world. No idea how the food thing worked... no one ever showed up so I just went out to eat.

• 1st Oct 2014

A great hostel, great atmosphere, and a great price... I'll definitely be back!

• 1st Oct 2014

Great to have a pool, a/c and meals. Place needs a freshen up and new computer facilities.

Great stay at the India House! Met some fabulous people, eclectic atmosphere, and right outside the trams for easy access to downtown. Would definitely stay here again!

• 1st Oct 2014

Location was incredible and had one of the best common areas that I have ever seen. Unfortunately it had the most rude and inconsiderate staff I have ever seen. Except for the guy cooking breakfast. He was awesome.

Great place to stay in NOLA. Not kn the quarter but not far from it either. Staff are friendly and helpful and the pool just tops it off!

Everything was fine. Keep it like it is!

• 30th Sep 2014

Great Atmosphere ... They have daily cook outs in the back yard where u can eat and meet fellow travelers. This place really put the effort to create a place for all to meet . i love the Hostel feel they have created. if you have never stayed in a hostel this is what it should feel like.

I stayed there while in Nola and honestly, I wish we would have stayed there 2 nights as opposed to renting a hotel room in the French Quarter (quite expensive for a night). The hostel staff was very nice, cool atmosphere. You can make your own food in the back or pay an additional fee to have something made for you. The location is about 20-25 minutes walk from the French Quarter and Bourbon street. My husband and I had a private dorm. It was very clean with clean mattresses. Will be back!

• 29th Sep 2014

I love this place. I felt like I was part of a community.

• 29th Sep 2014

If I could describe it in one word, it would be GROSS. I've been to heaps of hostels around the world and have never seen something that disgusting and dirty before. Big disappointment.

• Poland

love the house cat

Fantastic in every way. Thanks!

Really cool hostel with good atmosphere. Good location. Cheap breakfast and dinners. Clean for the most part. I would stay here again!

I had a great stay here and made a lot of new friends. We all agreed that India House is a great place to stay! Just do it, book it!