India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Chelsea who worked at front desk was super polite and helpful with check in.

• 1st Feb 2014

Nothing to be wanted here. A great hostel experience with many interesting characters and quaint-artsy appointments abound. Literally the best option for lodging in nawlins. To order food at nearly anytime which is great!

I've been to a lot of hostels abroad (3rd world countries even)

That's it. Hostel is hostel. Wifi is great.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • China

Why would you stay anywhere else in New Orleans? This hostel is full of fun people, with large dorms segmented into a few rooms which afford more privacy than the traditional one room, six bunk set up. Location is a bit out of town, but the tram makes getting in a breeze.

The India House staff was very nice and helpful. I look forward to returning.

Stayed for two nights. So cold we needed our sleeping bags on the second night. The old house isn't built for cold weather. Staff is great though, our fire alarm started dying in the middle of the night and beeping really loudly and the man at the front desk grabbed his ladder and took care of it really fast.

• 23rd Jan 2014

We had a great stay here and loved te cheap breakfast options on offer in the morning. Our only problem was the cold and noise at night- we were given extra blankets which helped but were still woken by cold throughout the night. We spoke to others who didn't have any trouble with the cold so may have just been our room/dodgy radiators.

• 21st Jan 2014

Bohemian-style hostel (think murals and visitor-drawn art all over the walls), rooms are average sized and maybe not the cleanest, but the atmosphere is phenomenal. They have an outdoor area where it is great to meet the other travelers and have a couple drinks or eat dinner together. Loved the ppl I met here and communal vibe India House provided. Location is extremely convenient as well as it's right next to the Canal St street car line and ~15min from Bourbon St! Would def stay again

• 18th Jan 2014

I had such an amazing time here!! The other people were amazing. I just wish there were more bathrooms and showers!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

What a great hostel! I've never stayed in such a social place. Everyone was hanging out, talking to each other, eating together, learning about each others cultures. It was a fantastic place to be. The best thing about this hostel was breakfast. I have never had a better breakfast anywhere and it was so cheep!!!! My only complaint: The internet is free but it doesn't reach the rooms, so any time I needed to look up directions or something I had to go out into the common space.

• 17th Jan 2014

Second time staying there and everything was great!

• 17th Jan 2014

Too loud ,dirty, cold showers, Big cockroach in my bed never stay there again!!!!!

• 17th Jan 2014

Great hostel with a fantastic atmosphere, rooms are basic but cheap and there is a great outdoor area to meet people. Relaxed, friendly vibe great for a solo traveller. Staff are friendly and helpful in telling you the best places to go. One thing in would recommend is some pub crawl.

This was the first hostel I have ever stayed at and I really enjoyed it. The place could be cleaner but it wasn't gross or anything but it isn't spotless either. The guests were usually really interesting and fun. I would definitely come back.

• 14th Jan 2014

I came last year and was very satisfied , so I booked for 5 days this year and finally booked for another 5 days . The atmosphere can't be better , lots of cool people stay here ! If you want to feel like at home , come here !

I really liked the atmosphere but the matresses of the beds at least in westwing are really bad quality. I had backpain after 3 days and left early as I planned. I think it is a little overpriced, too since you have to pay extra (about 5 bucks) for breakfast.

• 11th Jan 2014

Generally, it is a good hostel, in terms of price and atmosphere. One thing I don't like about this hostel is that the security seems to be non-existent, because people can easily walk in and out through the side entrance. The cleanliness is acceptable, but it will be better if some of the staffs clean the dorm rooms more often...

Worth coming back for another night!

• 10th Jan 2014

The hostel has a good atmosphere, whether you are in NOLA to party, study or work. It's excellent that you can buy meals made there and the staff is really helpful. I recommend India Hostel for sure

• 8th Jan 2014