India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Great place, great food, great people

• 24th Dec 2015

I loved it ..

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Tunisia

I liked the place and the atmosphere A lot , the staff are so nice and helpful , i liked the fact how you can meet people from all over the world

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Tunisia

I really enjoyed my stay at India house, but I think that the price was a bit high for the stander.

Except for the humid bed, everything was pretty good.

• South Korea

Great bunch of people. They kept the peace without, and when very friendly. Will definitely be back sometime in the future to relive the experience they have given me !!

• 21st Dec 2015

My stay was OK. I'd recommend this hostel if you have limited budget when visiting NOLA. However, the internet connection wasn't working properly from time to time. Internet signal has to be strengthened.

• Madagascar

the green house bathroom needs a light! the green house could also use more bathrooms. there are too many rooms sharing that one.

Showers need improving... also, a better kitchen with actual plates and glasses and silverware would be nice.

Clean and affordable place+friendly staff+convenient location= Great experience!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • China

Extremely friendly staff. Warm and welcoming. What I assume to be a fairly normal hostel experience ( would love a private bath etc.) but truly would stay here in a heartbeat. Felt welcomed and comfy.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The good: good location, good budget food options, very clean. Cool property and cool guests. The bad: there is a 5$ key deposit and 80$ credit card minimum that is listed on their website but nowhere on hostelworld. Security isn't that great (twist locks on the doors of rooms, simple curtains in coed shower rooms) and if you go in the winter bring your own blanket (theirs are very thin and won't keep you warm).Beds are hit or miss (my friends was fine, I've been more comfortable on the floor)

Stayed in a private and then a dorm (girlfriend flew out the night before I did). Excellent atmosphere and facilities and fairly good location too (100ft from the Canal St. streetcar, which takes about 10min to get into town and costs $3 for an all day pass). Meals prepped in-house was a definite perk

The front desk staff was horrible. We had a private room that front desk staff kept giving random strangers the key to and booking them there when the space was filled. I still have itchy bites covering my legs. I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff because it happened while sitting in their main space for about 5min waiting for friends. The woman at the front desk said the cat had fleas- no sincere apologies, no discounts, no nothing. The rest of the staff was nice.

• 17th Dec 2015

Love this place, stay here every time I come to NOLA. It's fun to be there with other people from all over, and the food options are always good and cheap.

Great experience. Social place with a great backyard area. They were especially accommodating to me when I had lost my debit card and needed to have a new one overnighted to the hostel. The only two minor downside was that the neighborhood wasn't the best (but a quick trolley or uber ride to downtown).

I had fleas in my bed. Several other people also had them. Some toilets looked like they were going to fall through the floor. The staff were very nice. The location is close to the trams so that was a plus. They sold breakfast till 1pm and had a good menu. It's cheap to stay so you get what you paid for.

That was the most amazing experience in my life! The hostel is great! The staff is friendly and helpful. It was clean and very convenient. Feels like home! The location is great. It's 2-4 minutes walking from the streetcar stop. You can have breakfast only for 5-6 $ everyday. They serve dinner too, and it is very delicious and cheap! The atmosphere is great. You can meet a lot of new friends if you're traveling solo. I'm glad that i choose this hostel!

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thanks for excellent customer service. Upon my arrival I was greeted with a friendly smile by Megan. Her and the entire front desk staff were professional and approachable. They were not only attentive to my needs, but the needs of the all guests. Happy Holidays. Thanks again.

• 15th Dec 2015

I fell in love with India House. I can't to return and I hope to work there someday.

• 14th Dec 2015