India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Some staff very rude but some staff amazing! Washroom situation difficult with only 2 showers/toilets inside and rest outside.

Great friendly and relaxed place in a perfect location.

• 24th May 2015
  • Sweden

Quality hostel , great location and good vibes

• 23rd May 2015

Brilliant hostel. Possibly the best I've ever stayed in. Couldn't recommend it more.

India World was a treat. I came to NOLA for a wedding and while my friends' nightly rate at a hotel was the entire amount of my private room for the weekend. So great! The pool is such a treat because it's so hot out and easy to meet people. America doesn't have a great hostel network like the rest of the world so I was very surprised just how great this place. Thank you and I hope to come back soon!

• 22nd May 2015

I love the location, this is where you wanna stay, the staff is so helpful and the whole atmosphere is wonderful

That was simply the best choice in New Orleans.

Fantastic stay. The place is extremely conveniently located and I was able to meet people from all over the world.

• 19th May 2015

Excellent atmosphere with the other guests and staff, good appliances in the kitchen and a pool available for guests. Lockers are also available in the hallway. Plenty of space in the rooms, although it does get a bit loud at night as guests tend to party in the courtyard.

Great location, super close to the trolley car! Awesome atmosphere and great staff. Not as immaculately clean and the beds were a little rough but all in all great place!

Really good location next to the streetcar to take you into the main part of New Orleans. All the facilities you need when away, although having only 2 bathroom/toilets in the main house (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs) isn't very many for the number of guests staying. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed at and not in the best condition either. Good atmosphere though and great having a common area to relax and chat. Cheap but acceptable when travelling on a budget.

• 18th May 2015

The hostel was definitely somewhere I will return in the future. Very clean and homey like. The facilities are wonderful my reasoning for the 4/5 on that is because of their being no air conditioning in the kitchen but understand why there isn't. I've never stayed in a hostel until now and it was a great first experience.

• 18th May 2015

fantastic atmosphere. staff were awesome. located just off canal st, very easy to get into the French quarter by street car or walking. wouldn't stay anywhere else in new Orleans

Place to stay if you want to party. Easy and cheap to catch the trolley to French quarter. Check out parkway bakery nearby does great po'boy and has been around since 1911. Swamp tour was really good.

Before I booked this hostel, I checked out the pictures on their actual website which looked decent. Our actual dorm and bathroom did NOT look anything like the pictures. The dorm rooms & bathrooms were a lot dirtier and in need of repairs/paint throughout. Hostel smelled musty. Mattress covers were ripped and needed to be replaced. We only stayed one night and ended up cancelling the remainder of our reservation. The hostel was conveniently located about half a block from the streetcar.

Married couple booked a double bedroom - bit disappoineted that our room had bunk beds . Room wasn't v clean and very cramped. Hostel has great facilities, very friendly welcoming staff and very nice atmosphere. Enjoyed our stay but do think for the price could have been a bit cleaner.

• 15th May 2015

There pics on the walls are cute and there's nothing wrong with this place that I haven't seen in other hostels, but I've had better stays elsewhere.

love the style of the place

Nice private room with en suite. Bare basics, but clean and comfortable enough. Funky decor, nice neighborhood. Lots of interesting, friendly people.

• 13th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

While at the India House, we did enjoy the close proximity to downtown and the French quarter, but we were very unhappy with the level of service from workers and cleanliness we experienced. I also am skeptical of the cleanliness of the pool, as for the first time in my life I gained an eye infection after swimming there.

• 13th May 2015