India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Pool was great. Good recommendations for things to do and places to go - they suggested Hi Ho Lounge on our first night which was a blast! Showers only had a curtain, no door or lock which I found a bit uncomfortable but otherwise bathrooms were very clean. Slightly further out of the city centre but about halfway between City Park and town which was great (city park is beautiful! so underrated) Would recommend and would stay here again.

We had the greatest time, it was so welcoming and lively! We met great people and have super memories. I'll recommend it to anyone staying in the city. And hope to come again!

• 21st Jul 2015

Very nice hostel, nice atmosphere, I had a great time there ! Just two minor things : - I had linens not adapted to the mattress (too small), ie the sheet was always getting out the mattress and most of the night I was sleeping on the dirty plastic mattress that was pretty uncomfortable - There's a guy, making breakfast on morning... He's so rude that pretty annoying and spoils a bit the nice and cool atmosphere of the place

• 21st Jul 2015

Thanks for the hospitality. I hope to stay there again when in New Orleans...

• 21st Jul 2015

Had a great time at the hostel. Staff were not totally helpful all the time but were fine. Great pool, close to Frenchman and bourbon street. I would recommend people to stay here.

Fantastic place! Very New Orleans. I rented a bike instead of a car, and staying at this place was perfect: I was able to ride to downtown, Bywater, City Park, Garden District. Also, for an above ground pool, its was pretty sweet and well maintained. Awesome place. Highly recommend.

• 16th Jul 2015

The hostel was easy to find and close to the FQ. The "backyard" with a stage was nice, as were the ample areas to store food. Our room (12-bed female-only) was simple but adequate. We liked the overall "feel" of the place. The woman who showed us around so friendly and helpful, but after that, the men working at the counter were extremely unpleasant. As much as I liked the rest of the hostel, their sour dispositions and bad attitudes would deter me from staying there again.

Lovely property. It just needs a serious update. A little bit of paint and some spring cleaning!!!

• 16th Jul 2015

There is a lack of lot of things : managment, cleanliness, staff, confort....

• 15th Jul 2015

Good atmosphere and the staff were nice. If you want to party and go out then I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 15th Jul 2015

I could pay a bit more for a bit more quality. Do your buildings pass fire codes? It all seems over crowded with no escape routes. I am an old hippy (61) and certainly appreciate the atmosphere, except I have come to appreciate a good night sleep with order and courtesy. I think my laptop caught a virus at your place. After calls to support and a system restore I am back online.

• 14th Jul 2015

Amazing place! Just a 5 or 10 minute tram or bus ride to the quarter. The facilities are decent enough. I felt extremely comfortable there and had a great time!The only thing to watch out for is some of the employees attitudes, If you catch certain ones on an off day be prepared. It's an hostel after all... If you aren't ok answering questions or dealing with drunk people don't work here. Will most definitely stay my next back in NOLA!!!!!

It has a welcoming great atmosphere and really nice, knowledgeable and friendly staff. I had a double bed room that was quiet, clean and with a must needed functioning AC. The room however had fleas which a bit annoying. Over all a cool place to stay.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Israel

If u are a clean freak or picky dont stay here is really hippie environment and the clean is not the strongest but the people is cool and the patio area is really good to chill and know everyone what i look is the nearest to the french quarter u just have to take the bus in the corner 3dlls for a full day pass

Definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The hostel is a beautiful old building with lots of character the staff are friendly, the facilities are great with a kitchen, plenty of areas to socialise in and also a pool! Everyone I met here were great people and we all had such a fun time together it's really easy to meet people. Easy to get in to French quarter just get the trolley down Canal st. Rooms are air conditioned, beds comfy. Great breakfast although not free. Whole foods near by.

Facilities were in poor repair, and beds were in poor condition

Really nice hostel, well located and full of really really nice and interesting persons from all over the world, the staff is nice and live with us! Highly recommend it!

• 12th Jul 2015

Although a great hostel you would think they would supply the kitchen with some dishes and utensils that could be washed and used again. Instead there was styrofoam and plastic. To me this is Insanity for 2015. It was wasteful and so bad for the environment.

Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful staff, just minutes to the French quarter. I plan on returning!

• 9th Jul 2015

I loved staying at the India Backpackers Hostel. When I arrived at first I was abit sceptical but after I kinda has sometime to look around and hang out with the people I really loved it. It's definitely a home away from home. There's a lot of on the road tourist who stay at this hostel. People are friendly and the chill Area is fun. They sell breakfast, lunch and dinner for like less than $6 everyday and it's tasty. There's a vending machine on site, a ATM and Internet access. I loved it thanks

• 8th Jul 2015