India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I did not stay at the hostel. I had to cancel my reservation. I cannot comment on the service since I have not been there yet.

• 10th Mar 2015

I really wanted to love this hostel because it had such a great vibe, but I didn't enjoy our room at all. We booked a private four person with an ensuite bathroom for two nights. The shower had no fan, which caused the room to stay humid and damp the entire time we were there even if we tried to leave the main door open to let air out. The water also easily spilled out and kept the floor of the bathroom wet. Beds were also uncomfortable and very noisy.

Very handy location with the streetcar right there and the convenience of in house meals if you want them. Spring break in a hostel is always going to be different.

This was one of the best hostels I've been to. I really appreciated the atmosphere of the hostel. Somehow, it seems to suit New Orleans, with nice old houses and casual, inviting common areas. It doesn't have too much of a party atmosphere, but it's still lively. It's fairly large, but somehow doesn't feel like a huge hostel, I guess because the hostel is spread over several buildings but all meeting in a common outdoor area. Nice location, too, once you figure out the streetcar.

I got a private room with an en suite bathroom. I loved being able to lock my door when I left. All in all a very cool place to stay!!!

• 7th Mar 2015

Amazing place

• 7th Mar 2015

The location near the tram on the Canal street is good. Staff was not friendly. Cleanliness is rather poor.

We enjoyed our stay in New Orleans overall. Unfortunately though the weather was very cold and our room was freezing as the heater wasn't working. There was a small electric heater added to the room, but this wasn't good enough to heat the room.

• 5th Mar 2015

Super awesome place with a super chill environment. According to others staying there, they overbooked and some people were getting kicked out of their rooms, but I didn't have any problems personally. Streetcar station right outside the hostel, and is a 10 minute ride to The French Quarter/Bourbon Street. Met some awesome people there. Would definitely stay again if in town!

Staff member, Rudy, provided very good customer service--nice guy!

Staff was very friendly and so was everyone there. Sometimes it got a little loud at night but nothing too disturbing.

• 3rd Mar 2015

The don´t accept credit card, wich makes more difficult the payment. They don´t tell you that in the webpage. Also the staff members can be unpolite. One of the front desk people (a french guy whose name i don´t remember) didn´t allowed me to conect to the staff members computer to check my reservation number.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I stayed at India house on recommendation from a friend and loved it. It hosts a lot of travellers and although the beds aren't as nice and facilities a little dirty it doesn't matter because you are always meeting cool people so you don't spend too much time in your room. Haven't met one person from India house that didn't make heaps of friends and memories. I suggest to anyone looking for a good time, and will stay there again for sure. P.S. food is cheap and ace!

The private room we stayed in had holes in the wall which was the only disappointing part. Other than that everyone at the hostel was friendly and fun. We had a great time!

• 28th Feb 2015

All the rooms have bunk beds... I didn't see that written anywhere on website. That was the only complaint... Everything else was great

• 28th Feb 2015

We love this place! Everyone is really friendly and you immediately feel at home. Totally awesome and we'll be back!

• 28th Feb 2015

The atmosphere and people were great, but I would highly appreciate taking care of the bathrooms and showers more as they were breaking every couple of hours. Also, there is not enough of them, but I don't think much can be done about it. Thank you, it was a nice stay!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Latvia

Hey this place is a hostel, you know what you're getting when you book. Thrifty college students or hostel people you got em all. Great location right by the streetcars. Definitely check out this hostel!!!

• 27th Feb 2015

Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. Some weird bad smells at reception and various areas.

I had a great stay at India House. A true NOLA vibe about this place! The facilities on offer were great and an amzing outdoor area. If you're looking for a fun, social time in NOLA, India House is the place to start!