India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

The place had a good vibe and friendly atmosphere. The parking situation was a bit sketchy but the area was a good spot to be in for mid-city. A good place to hang out and meet people or stay with a big group of people. I would recomend to others and stay there again.

• 10th Oct 2014

Amazing hostel! Great atmosphere and nice big rooms - this hostel is such good value for money. Easy to get everywhere via the streetcar less than a block away and breakfast is served till 1pm which was great after a big night downtown. Thanks guys!

• 10th Oct 2014

A fantastic experience staying at India House. Really good atmosphere and a fine mix of travellers, people looking for work and aspiring musicians staying here. If you stay in the big dorms, bring your earplugs. For 17 bucks a night you cannot complain about some noise. The party factor is also high at this place. Staff is friendly and helpfull and I loved the pool :)

Overall a good spot. I had a private room with bath that was recently (cheaply) remodeled. Reasonably quiet at night. I think it was supposed to have Air Con, but it wasn't working. Did have a ceiling fan. Good Wi-Fi in the room. Decent breakfast and dinner for $5. Good social atmosphere to meet other travelers. Steps to the trolley for a 15 minute ride to the French Quarter. I recommend the 10 minute walk to Whole Foods on Broad St for better food and $1 gallons of water.

Good, well setup hostel. We had 2 nights here and then moved to an AirBnB. Was a homely, friendly hostel with good vibes

Real nice atmosphere, you'll make friends right away!

Bathroom should be a lot cleaner !!

• 7th Oct 2014

A lot of opportunities in this house and close to the tramway to go downtown. I really enjoyed my stay there

If i could , i would definetly come back . It is Like neverland From Peter Pan , like a Paradise of fun!

• 6th Oct 2014

Having a pool: definite plus.

• 4th Oct 2014

The place is really sweet. Big dorms with AC and lots of showers and toilets. The people working here are kind of rude and if the facilities were not as good as they are, then I dont think I would come back. But its sure nice to come here for a few days of NO party!

I had a great time at India House. I was definitely satisfied!

• 3rd Oct 2014

I loved the $3 breakfast

The staff were phenomenally friendly and helpful, and the location was very convenient for checking out many parts of NOLA. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• 1st Oct 2014

Some of the bathrooms were the worst I've seen anywhere in the world. No idea how the food thing worked... no one ever showed up so I just went out to eat.

• 1st Oct 2014

A great hostel, great atmosphere, and a great price... I'll definitely be back!

• 1st Oct 2014

Great to have a pool, a/c and meals. Place needs a freshen up and new computer facilities.

Great stay at the India House! Met some fabulous people, eclectic atmosphere, and right outside the trams for easy access to downtown. Would definitely stay here again!

• 1st Oct 2014

Location was incredible and had one of the best common areas that I have ever seen. Unfortunately it had the most rude and inconsiderate staff I have ever seen. Except for the guy cooking breakfast. He was awesome.

Great place to stay in NOLA. Not kn the quarter but not far from it either. Staff are friendly and helpful and the pool just tops it off!