India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Really nice hostel, well located and full of really really nice and interesting persons from all over the world, the staff is nice and live with us! Highly recommend it!

• 12th Jul 2015

Although a great hostel you would think they would supply the kitchen with some dishes and utensils that could be washed and used again. Instead there was styrofoam and plastic. To me this is Insanity for 2015. It was wasteful and so bad for the environment.

Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful staff, just minutes to the French quarter. I plan on returning!

• 9th Jul 2015

I loved staying at the India Backpackers Hostel. When I arrived at first I was abit sceptical but after I kinda has sometime to look around and hang out with the people I really loved it. It's definitely a home away from home. There's a lot of on the road tourist who stay at this hostel. People are friendly and the chill Area is fun. They sell breakfast, lunch and dinner for like less than $6 everyday and it's tasty. There's a vending machine on site, a ATM and Internet access. I loved it thanks

• 8th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

The pool was essential during our stay in July. Common rooms were nice and cool. We were in a 8 bed dorm, it was clean and quiet for a dorm. There is only 1 bathroom upstairs so that sucks. The street car is literally steps from the door. It will take about 10 min not even to get to Bourban Street. Overall we enjoyed our stay!

We stayed at India House for three nights and loved it. It was so laid back and everyone was so nice. The location made it easy to get downtown and it even had a pool. Parking was also free on the street which made it even better.

• 8th Jul 2015

I love India House and I will be coming back. It's a friendly chill atmosphere and the staff knows the area.

After settling in with India House, we knew right away we had made the best choice possible. The staff and people staying at this hostel absolutely made this trip unforgettable for us. I would give it 20 stars out of 10 purely based on the people we met that will be friendships for life. Being european owned, it draws people from all over the world staying at this hostel, which is why we travel, right? Cheap meals, amazing pool and socal area.I dont have anything but good to say about IndiaHouse

• 6th Jul 2015

The customer service was awful and the security deposit is difficult to get back eve of you how the key. The atmosphere otherwise was great hippy vibe. good food

• 6th Jul 2015

The India Hostel is a perfect place to relax, to meet new people and it has the perfect location so that you will enjoy the city of New Orleans to its fullest. With its alternative charme this hostel provides a beautiful place to stay. I connect it with beautiful memories.

• 5th Jul 2015

Dirty kitchen. Minimal fournitures in the private rome and staff not very friendly.

The staff were very slow! The Atmosphere was very poor. Full of hippies. I didn't like it at all. I didn't take shower for 2 days because I was disgusted by the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly. Very nice spot in the town. Love my stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

great place to stay .a towel would be nice though

• 2nd Jul 2015

This is a great e hostel! 10 minutes and a $3 cable car ride from the heart of New Orleans, very clean and well maintained, plus the breakfast/dinner options are AWESOME! I stayed in a private room ensuite and it was well worth it. I was disappointed by the staff--they were not friendly or welcoming, but rather treated me like I was a bother. Sometimes they wouldn't even look up from their laptops when guests walked in the front door. Worst staff I've ever met in a hostel. Otherwise, great!

• 2nd Jul 2015

We (my boyfriend and I) Had the greatest time at this hostel. The outdoor area is just perfect to meet people, hangout and have a good time. The food is great and cheap at the hostel. The beds were not so comfortable but the bathrooms were always clean. overall it was an amazing experience and We would definitely come back! We highly recommend it.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here and I thought the hostel was super cool.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Very laid back 'artsy' atmosphere, we felt this vibe didn't give the staff the right to keep the bathrooms in the poor condition they were though. They were filthy with bad lighting and locks. They needed to be cleaned daily, and also sweeping the dorm floors wouldn't go astray either. Ok location, friendly staff. Probably would stay again if the bathrooms were better.

Staff were lovely and really accommodation and helpful. Great mix of people and would recommend this to anyone who visits NOLA!

A GREAT place to stay in New Orleans. A big hostel that could be messy, but it's organized and clean. Breakfast served during generous hours for a good price. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a private room that felt brand new with perfect temperature. Only thing we missed was some more furniture in the room. To have access to the pool is so nice during the hot days. We loved it!