India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I had a really great time in the hostel, the rooms were clean and pretty quiet, the staff was friendly, the streetcar was very close, and the people we met there were all really, really interesting! Perks also included free coffee, a pool, and the opportunity to buy good breakfast and dinner for good prices in the hostel itself.

• 12th Dec 2015

Mold in the bathroom and in the toilet. Bed are very soft old and dirty.

• 11th Dec 2015

This was my first hostel stay and it was totally different from what I expected but in a good way if I ever get back to New Orleans I would definitely be willing to stay here again. :)

• 11th Dec 2015

One of the best hostels i've been to, really sociable, nice and close to the streetcar, good facilities and great breakfast, great base to see new orleans from while not being consumed alive by bourbon street 24 hours a day.

Very friendly staff and a great mix of travelers.

• 9th Dec 2015

I liked the hostel in general. I didn't like they moved me to another room in my last day, since I had made my reservation before. (they don't ask me to move, just told me I had to). Besides this inconvenience, I would recommend the hostel, it is in a easy place, very close to the bus stop, and a good price! :)

• 7th Dec 2015

Great place to stay. Met a lot of cool people. Very close to trolley which is only a few minute ride to Bourbon street and the rest of downtown

• 7th Dec 2015

Excellent atmosphere. Staff helped with figuring out what we should do while in the city. Do the breakfast! Its cheap and delicious.

• 7th Dec 2015

India House was great, especially if you're looking to partake in the New Orleans party scene. My boyfriend and I came here midweek after a couchsurfing opportunity fell through, so we weren't looking for much, just a comfy place to lay our heads. India House gave us that, and probably more if we had the time. The kitchen looked well stock, there were plenty of bathrooms to go around, and their pool and outdoor patio looked sublime!

• 7th Dec 2015

Loved the inspirational "live a great life" quotes written all over the walls; loved how people were out on the back porch talking and laughing or sitting in the living room spaces relaxing; loved the private bathrooms with showers; I shared a room with girls only and felt very secure having my own key and the guests were just as laid-back and friendly as the staff; people are respectful and it is quiet during late hours (at least when I was there); could use better dusting of the rooms

• 7th Dec 2015

Great hostel! If we ever come back to New Orleans we will stay in this hostel. Especially the breakfast for 5 USD is delicious and super worth the money. The staff is friendly and helpful!

• Switzerland

Great hostel for travelers!

• 7th Dec 2015

Our private room was clean and comfortable . Maybe the nicest hostel room I've ever stayed in. We didn't spend a lot of time hanging out, so we never tried the food or pool area . The location is perfect for getting on the street car and exploring the city. No complaints .

• 6th Dec 2015

It's a little bit out but public transportation is pretty good. Really liked the overall vibe of the place and the facilities are great (free coffee, access to a decent kitchen with labels for your food, all that stuff). There were a few patches where the wifi wasn't great but there's absolutely tons of space so you'll have no trouble finding somewhere to sit where it's good and it was solid in the bedrooms.

Very nice place, surprising clean, helpful staff, all the amenities you could want. My only suggestion would be to add some vegan options to the breakfast menu.

• 4th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere, lovely staff, awesome kitty and great location!

• 4th Dec 2015

The back patio was a great way to meet people. Dinners were delicious, made in house. Maybe worth charging a little more, if the extra income could be put into the house for some renovations. If you're super laid back, want a place to crash right by the transit line - this is the place to go.

• 2nd Dec 2015

We had a great stay here, it's a really sociable place and the staff are very friendly. Get the works for breakfast, it's worth the money!

India House was a fantastic hostel. Even though the cat Taj had a cocaine problem and may have been The spawn of the devil it was great. Taj definitely needs additional coping skills To adress his drug problem. I wish Taj the cat all the best with his recovery. Remember, one day at a time little buddy. Trav-

• 29th Nov 2015

Loved it! Go here and have a great time. A little outside the center of the French Quarter but it is RIGHT next to the street car that runs until 2:30 in the morning. Only $1.50 one way and $3 for 24 hours! When I return to NOLA I'll be back here in an instant!