India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Staff were lovely and really accommodation and helpful. Great mix of people and would recommend this to anyone who visits NOLA!

A GREAT place to stay in New Orleans. A big hostel that could be messy, but it's organized and clean. Breakfast served during generous hours for a good price. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a private room that felt brand new with perfect temperature. Only thing we missed was some more furniture in the room. To have access to the pool is so nice during the hot days. We loved it!

india house was fantastic! my only complaint was that the shower heads in my building were awful (calcium buildup galore - needed a good proper cleaning...or just new shower heads). otherwise, a lovely place to stay!

• 30th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere, everyone's really friendly, proper hostel experience with everything that entails! Don't expect luxury but a completely fine hostel

• 27th Jun 2015

Staff was great, was a little skeptical just because of the price by it was really clean my girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay

• 26th Jun 2015

My stay at the India House Hostel was wonderful. The location was great, just a short street car ride down to the downtown area. Every single staff member was extremely friendly and willing to help direct us wherever we needed to go. The whole hostel was very quirky and awesome, the most unique hostel I have visited thus far. I left my belongings out and didn't worry about theft at all. It was a very pleasant stay and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• 26th Jun 2015

My very first experience in a hostel and it was one of the best weekends of my life. Met the most incredible,kind,funny,and memorable people. The hostel was incredible in itself with its character and charm. The bunk was fine,pool was great,staff was accommodating. I will definitely be back.

Great vibes and staff. Wish there were more bathrooms. Really easy to meet people and hang out, the pool is awesome as is the AC on the downstairs level. Had a really great time here, would def come back!!!

Probably my favorite hostel I stayed in this summer. Really kind staff, a good mix of guests, nice facility, good prepared food fo the right price, excellent all around.

Best hostel I've been too, don't be fooled by what it looks like out side we nearly ran away!!

The trolley station is just a minute away. You are quick in downtown. I like this hostel. Staff super friendly!

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Lovely atmosphere, clean room, and friendly staff! We were very happy with our stay!

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel was overpriced for what it was. I had a private room and there were cockroaches. The bathroom had not been cleaned. I could tell the bathroom had not been cleaned because there was hair in the shower and the bathroom trash had not been taken out. The sink was also clogged. The bedding was way poor and the sheet was this weird material. Overall the room was gross.

• 20th Jun 2015

The bathroom were not clean at all

• 20th Jun 2015

The people who work here are nice but the rooms are not good at all. Initially we were assigned a private room. When we wanted to sleep at night there was zillions of mosquitos in our rooms. And also, the beds were not clean or similar to the photos shown on the website. But when we called the desk, they immediately came to help us and offered us another room with better situation. So beds not good but people good. That location is also accesible with public transit from major touristic destin

• 19th Jun 2015

much better options available

Loved the feel on this place. Staff and guests were all friendly and easy going. It was a bit out of the way, but the streetcar is close and runs every 10 minutes. Will definitely be recommending!

This hostel is very relaxed and the people there were very friendly and welcoming. I could have partied there every night instead of going out. The pool is a great feature. This is my favorite hostel ever.

• 17th Jun 2015

Very basic hostel that could use a lot of work. I was going to stay 6 nights and only stayed 1. Staff was nice enough but could be hard to locate. Everywhere except common room was sweltering hot. Only 1 bathroom upstairs, it was disgusting and was so hot. Other bathrooms were outside, which is not appealing. I had to sleep on a top bunk and there were no sides - hardly slept due to fear of falling off. Door lock was hard to open. Would be a fine place to stay if your standards are VERY low.

I loved staying here. The atmosphere was unique and fun. People staying at the hostel and staff were welcoming and kind. It's very easy to get from the hostel to the French Quater and City Park. The front desk needs to be better managed and it would be nice for the front desk person to orient the guests on a map with just a quick couple of things about the city.

• 16th Jun 2015