Inka King

Fabulous 284 Total Reviews
Fabulous 284 Total Reviews

20th Feb 2017

Beautiful place to stay and rest after Machu Picchu! The building is beautiful, and I had the best hot shower of my entire trip here. Staff is friendly and enthusiastically gave me a tour of the place and suggestions for exploring Ollantaytambo. If I had it to do over again I would have spent one two nights here and one in Aguas Calientes, rather than the other way around. They were nearly empty during off season- I had the entire six bed dorm to myself. Good or bad depending on the person.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Feb 2017

We stayed in February, the low season, and it felt almost as though we had the place to ourselves. The room was clean and beds were comfortable, a nice quiet stay before the early morning train ride to Macchu Picchu (about 15 mins. away walking). The real reason this place gets such a high review though is the staff, they were friendly and helpful for the person in our group staying behind to explore Ollantayambo, providing good tips for exploring the surrounding ruins.

1st Feb 2017

We found the terrace! It's an awesome 360 view of Ollantaytambo that's perfect for early morning photography. Very helpful, friendly staff & in a great location only a couple blocks from the main square. Got a free basic breakfast (egg, coffee, bread & jam) made to order. Surprisingly few guests during our time here (is it off season) so we had a 6 bed dorm for the two of us! Definitely a great spot.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
31st Jan 2017
7.1

The hostel and rooms are clean but it was super quite, I was the only one in my dorm and didn't meet anyone in the common areas (low season). Breakfast is super basic (bread and jam). The staff is nice, although I wasn't shown where anything was when I arrived. I was just pointed to my room and had to discover kitchen and bathroom on my own. Also, would've been nice if the staff had mentioned to me when i arrived that there would be a strike the next day- made getting transport pretty hard.

30th Jan 2017

Nice garden and proper taking care of hostel guests. Strongly recommend this hostel. I will stay again! God Bless.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017
7.1

More of a hotel than a hostel, not very sociable but lovely building with a nice courtyard. The staff were friendly, one in particular was very helpful. However the other one seemed a bit disorganised and they left me locked outside in the cold for 10 minutes! The other issue was the bathroom was disgusting when I arrived and not cleaned for about 24 hours.

3rd Jan 2017

This is a fantastic hostel! The staff are super nice but they don't speak a lot of English. The hostel was very quite while we were there, which we liked. It's located right next to the main plaza, and the terrace view is AMAZING! The rooms and bathrooms are very nice and clean. The showers had hot water. They made us a breakfast of eggs, toast, and coffee. This is one of our favorite hostels! We would definitely go back.

30th Dec 2016
7.7

Nice family hostel and superb location! For me it would have been more comfortable to have hot water available 24/7 without needing to ask for the heating 1h in advance as I was out long days and only came back to sleep late at night.