Inka's Rest Reviews

Pasaje San Carlos No 158, Puno, Peru

After years in hostels this is my first review as I feel the need to pass information on to other travellers considering staying here in the future; We have rated the cleanliness at this Hostel as 'Very Poor' after witnessing our beds being remade for the next guests with the same unwashed sheets as we had used the night before, she simply pulled them up and neatened the blankets on top. We questioned the staff member who laughed at our concern and continued to finish making the bed. Gross.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Good place to stay a night or two when travelling through. Breakfast is good!

Friendly staff and locally run business. Shower was so weak that I couldn't wash my hair but a great place to stay!

We stay in 8 dorm room, comfortable bed and really warm while sleeping. Hot shower anytime! They clean your bed every day that let me surprise. Buffet's breakfast was high value. Pancake with banana and jam was delicious! Egg was awesome! I suggest to stay here.

A good opportunity to practice your Spanish. Good breakfast. Hot water. Comfgortable beds.

Friendly helpful staff, good breakfast.

I arrived at 4am from the bus terminal and was so grateful to be allowed entrance to my private room. However, the room smelled like sewer which made it hard to sleep. The shower was hot but the bathroom also smelled like sewer. The hostel provided a basic breakfast. The staff were nice enough but there was definitely a language barrier which made paying for my room and booking a bus a little challenging. I didn't stay another night, instead I booked a bus and left Puno.

The staff was really helpful and knowledgeable of the area.

Although I don't think Puno is worth a visit except for the trips to Lake Titicaca, Inka's Rest is a fine hostel to spend a (few) night(s). Beds are really comfy, good breakfast with pancakes and eggs, common room with pool table and for booking trips or busses the reception will help you out. The only negatives: the rooms were pretty noisy, because they are situated close to the common room. Moreover, there is no heating, which would have been nice considering the super cold nights..