Inka's Rest Reviews

Pasaje San Carlos No 158, Puno, Peru

Pretty bad hostel. One of the worst i've stayed in South America. 4 bed dorm was tiny, no room to move and it smelled pretty bad. There's probably better places to stay.

We take great care and cleaning you say is a lie if you do not feel well because stayed 2 nights. change to another hostel there are many throughout the area, you can not live in a place that has a bad odor.

Inca's rest is a nice hostel situated about 10 min from the Plaza del Armas. Especially considering the price I could recommend it. The only thing was that there was no water (at all) during my first night.. The second day it was repaired though.

It was not our fault, it was a cut across the city

I couldn't find someone to let us out of the Hostel and as such we were stuck in it for 20 minutes. I yelled around but no one would come. Other than that it was everything a Hostel should be :)

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful. All was clean and tidy but sheets did not fit the bed which left you sleeping on he mattress, not hygienic! Wifi advertised in room but only accessible in common areas and not good. Don't get your laundry done here, it came back dirty with white gunk all over coloured items.

Conveniently located near the Plaza de Armas and next to a supermarket. Possibility to use the kitchen to make his mess. Welcome. Our room had a window that did not face the outside but a common room of the inn (which she had a window). The room was quiet. We had a room with private bathroom, simple clean. We do not cold (and I am cautious). The hotel offers, like many, to organize your trip to the islands of Lake Titicaca. Watch out! We filed clothes for the laundry service. And half were

• 16th Jun 2014

Great location and Staff. Children Friendly.

It is great to have a warm bed to sleep in. Thtats really about it. I have been to many hostels and have slept at some pretty sketchy ones too. But this one,,,,Not so great. The water does not always work. I´m not just talking about showers....i mean the toilets and when you have so many people staying with limited bathrooms....its gets disgusting when you cant even flush the toilet. Not acceptable. If the building needs to do maintenece then get it done before you decide to become a hostel.

• 3rd May 2014

The place was fine. Wifi wasn't great. Water stopped working. Needed to be painted badly. It was ok. Glad it was only for one night.

Staff was friendly and helpful with organizing excursions - their prices for excursions were good too. Water was an issue, especially on the 3rd floor where we didn't have water for two nights. After we reported the issue, they turned the pimp on to give us water??? Our first room had no window so it was stuffy, smelly, and loud (next to common areas) but we were moved to the top floor for for the remainder of our stay and that room was nice, big, and bright with two large windows that opened.

I stayed here two nights either side of a floating islands tour and have only good things to say about the place, would strongly recommend it.

Good enough hostel.

Excelent place.... Nice price, excelent people, really helpful to provide tours and bus tickets for a faire price! Felt like home after so many ruins and road and buses... Really a rest in my backpacking...

The woman who runs this hostel speaks good English and is friendly. I got the impression at times though they weren´t organised with their booking system. This is a busy hostel with many people passing through. The dorms are comfortable but cramped. There are two resting areas and a pool table downstairs and a tv and computer on the 1st floor. There are hot showers and the toliets are clean. The location is good as it´s situated between the bus station and the main high street.

The double rooms are nice, but the dorms are very crowded. The staff is helpful and friendly, the breakfast is average. There're two common rooms with tv and a pool table and it's easy to meet other travellers.

The location was OK. Just a few minutes walk to the touristy strip and cathedral. The Wi-Fi worked well. Showers were readily available. Unfortunately, I felt like a was a nuisance to the check-in lady who I assume is the owner. I didn't have issues with the other staff but felt like I must have offended her somehow. I would not stay here again based solely on her. Also, it's undergoing major renovations and it is noisy. They also smoke inside the hostel hallway which I could smell in my room.

Excellent breakfast ( coca tea, coffee, bread with jam, guacamole and tomatoes) and comfortable beds. The only minor thing is that you have nothing to hang your clothes in the bathroom so it could get all soaked! Also, it could get load at night as the bar gets quite busy. Overall, I had a very nice stay, excellent location.

An ok hostel although anyone arriving from Cuzco should be prepared for a change of quality - both in terms of the city and the hostels. Much of the hostel looks tired (I'm sure some of the posters have been on the walls for years and years) and hostel administration (papers, cleaning products, etc) often spills over into guest areas affecting the atmosphere and feel. I would try a different hostel if I was ever back in Puno.

A good hostel in a convenient location, easy to walk around town and get to the port. The staff were helpful, booking bus tickets, ordering taxis and takeout pizza! The private rooms were really nice. They kept our bags for us when we went island hopping. The breakfast was average. Overall a good bet.

Great Hostel!! I took the night bus from Cusco and they allowed me to check-in at 06:00am and let me have breakfast there. Gilda was really helpful and friendly. Thanks for all!! :)

A great place in a great location. Super clean hostel with great kitchen facilities. Private double ensuite room was very comfortable and clean. Wifi was very slow in the room. Definitely would recommend this hostel. One suggestion though, blinds should be darker as the room was too bright in the mornings.