InneTown Backpackers Reviews

93 Bussell Highway, Margaret River, Margaret River, Australia

Checked in one the Friday for 3 nights. place was a mess and the bathrooms were filthy! massive fight broke out about 2am in the communal area. Thought it'd be a great place to meet fellow travellers and share a few stories but it seemed like it was more residence type people than backpackers staying there. left sat morning and booked in somewhere else for the remaining 2 nights in Margaret river.

Me and 2 other friends, we booked online for 2 nights. When we arrived there, the manager wasn't there to check us in. We waited for a while, then the night manager came and told us apparently that he didn't get our booking, even though I paid the deposit, probably because they did not check their online booking. I can't really judge the hostel itself, but I did not appreciate how the night manager was. I had to came back the next day to get refund. My advice: Book by phone.

• 28th Feb 2015

I was so disappointed in this hostel. My room was in the kitchen so all my stuff smelled of whatever people were having for dinner. The doors didn't lock and no lockers to hide your personals. My bed wasn't even made And when I arrived I seemed to be more hassle to them. I will never stay here again apparently u got free breakfast included....didn't get told anything about that. Also meant to be ceiling fans, There was one electric fan which went onto one person in a 6 share, hardly true.

We spent three nights in this hostel and our first night we were in the six beds room close to the kitchen, definitely the worst room in the hostel, noisy and the creepy night manager sleeps in there!! :) The day after we moved to an eight beds room, quieter but absolutely the smelliest room I've ever been in!!!! It wasn't the hostel fault but guests who live in there but definitely, management should take care of this. However, we found here friendly people, lovely atmosphere so we suggest it!!

It would just be nice if they could clarify their room sizes. In my booking it said I'd booked an 8 bed dorm. Once I got to the hostel the chick at reception told me that we had to be split up. When I tried to explain to her that I'd booked for the group (8 people) to be together she was very unapologetic and mocked me saying that there was no such thing as an 8 bed dorm that their biggest room was a 6 bed dorm. Will not stay here again due to rude staff and false advertising.

• 29th Dec 2014