Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I've stayed in 2 other hostels in Amsterdam and this one is the best out of the 3. They have breakfast for 5 euros (but outside of breakfast hours you can get 1 euro coffees...) lots of tables, cutlery, microwaves, etc. and two computers you can use. The WiFi didn't work in the room, but my room was clean and had an ensuite shower and lots of plug-ins. The place is a stone's throw away from Museumplein and about a 25 minute walk from Central Station. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient

Very good locations.

The location is kinda far from downtown, but close from van ghog museum and the heineken experience

There's just a small safe to use in the bedroom.

• 30th Dec 2014

I stayed there because it was really cheap. The rooms areno' great, but not that bad. I stayed in a 8-bed shared room and bathroom, but if I wanted to brush my teeth, I'd have to wait someone to finish taking a shower, for example. The smell of weed was quite strong in my room, which made me uncomfortable. The kitchen has only a fridge and a microwave, so no special cookings in here. Also the recepcionist was very rude with us when my friends and I were paying.

My first and last time at this hostel.

• 20th Dec 2014

No internet on the 4° floor... Damn!

• 29th Nov 2014

The Hostel suited me perfectly as i had some affairs nearby. Even if you have to walk Museumplein is round the corner, Leidseplein not far and the city centre doesn`t take that long! Anyway there`s always trams. The Hostel is quiet and clean enough! Breakfast quiet good for €5. The staff isn`t that friendly but is ok. All people are different and the dutch have their own way. Haven`t seen any bed bugs as i read on reviews but had a small surprise in the last day... anyway it was funny...

Good hostel, in a good neighboorhood, but a little bit far from shops & bars ... Clean room, no "bed bugs" as other people said, and a bathroom in each dorms, which makes it very convenient ! Last thing : if you go there for the atmosphere, you'll be disapointed, because there is none ... Other than that, still a good hostel ;-)

really friendly staff, perfect location, unfortunatelly it was quite dirty and there was some unpleasant smell in the room and hallways

Lets just say myself and my husband left this hostel with more than we arrived with - BED BUGS. We had a budget twin room with a bunk bed which was a bit dingy. We both left with a full body of bites after spending two uncomfortable nights there. Avoid at all costs unless you want to have a bad experience of being bitten alive. We will never return to this hostel even if you paid us to.

• 14th Sep 2014

The free wifi dosent reach the 4th floor. And unfortuitally we had a room that's windows didn't open when it was quite muggy. But apart from that a lovely hotel in a central location would stay here again.

• 11th Sep 2014

No window, very stuffy.

BED BUGS BED BUGS BED BUGS!you have been warned they are everywhere and staff don't care we are covered in bites and saw bugs crawling all over us

It was an Ok stay. The dining room is kind of cozy and you can bring your own food. But the atmosphere didn't feel that special and I am travelling alone so it was a little bit lonely. But the hostel is pretty close to Vondelpark which I loved!

Very functional but not the place to get a good sleep.

• 18th Aug 2014

Room was very very small with dirty walls and carpet. The beds also had bed bugs. However, the bathroom was nice and there was a breakfast service. Another downside was our email said check in from 11 but upon arrival it was actually at 2 so we had to carry our cases round for another three hours as the luggage holding room was far from secure. I'd probably stay again if there was no where else with a similar price.

• 12th Aug 2014

No wi-fi at second floor. Could not open the windows. Only advantage is the affordable price

• 8th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Quiet hostel, the limited social spaces can make it more difficult for solo travellers. Easy to get to city centre.

Don't go in this hostel if u don't want some little surprise in your bed... BED BUGS!!!!

• 7th Aug 2014