Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I think it was a expensive stay in this hostel. I mean, I payed 80 € por each night in a room that I was sharing with 7 people and It had just one bathroom. Everything was good. But It was expensive

Nice hostel with nice staff, the paid breakfast is good and well served. I have to complain about the wifi sign in the rooms, really poor, please fix it. in general is a good hostel, I recommend.

The rooms need a LOT more ventilation! It was unbearably hot in our room and it began to smell. Also, most guests these days expect that there will be wifi in the rooms. But even in the common area, the wifi was extremely weak and even shut off at times. It was nice that the sheets were changed each day, but I would rather see the cleaning focus on the floors and bathrooms which were visibly dirty. I realize that this is one of the least expensive spots in Am, but it wasn't cheap. Expected more.

The locations is wonderful, very few minutes walking to the Van Gogh Museum, places to eat and supermarkets. The staff was also very good and nice. And a very good breakfast.👏👏👏👏

Our stay here was average. We had tiny lockers in our 6-bed dorm but half of them didn't work. The common area was nice, but it was the only place the wifi worked. Our room was clean and big and had its own bathroom, but the shower was missing a door so water went everywhere! Breakfast was pricey at €5, and finally, it was a 35 minute hike from the city centre to the hostel. So overall: meh.

This hostel was great, good location, staff were friendly! Only downer were the broken lockers.

although the staff weren't super helpful, the hostel was great! good beds, clean, safe. it's a little far from the city, but it's a pretty nice walk to get to some of the main areas, and not far from iamsterdam, vondelpark or a few museums.

On the second day, our towels were taken away, but hadn't received any new. Impossible to take a shower. Bathroom not that clean, shower did not work properly, and regarding price-quality absolutely not okay. In addition, we asked for a 6 and 8 people room, we reiceved two rooms of 6, and 2 others persons had to sleep on another 6-persons room. Why do we even have to give our wished if they decide to change our reservation?

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Thought that the hostel was great! Don't understand the negative reviews; seems as if people were expecting to be staying at The Ritz or something. Checking in and out were both very quick, price for the stay was good, it's a 5 minute walk to a tram stop (at most) and it wasn't too loud at night so was great for sleeping.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel was in a great location near major trams and attractions. The biggest downside was no wifi in the rooms and only one outlet in the room (except one in the bathroom). Security was average..the lockers in the rooms were broken, and the main luggage storage was easily accessed. The bathroom was larger than most hostels, and had a hair dryer and towels provided. There were also two computers downstairs with free internet, which was great.

The hostel was in a good location, next to Van Gogh Museum. You could catch a few trams that would take u directly into Amsterdam centre. The room was not very clean and very cramped. The television looks like it is about to fall off the wall! Doubt I will be back.

Average hostel with quite good location - regular bus to airport stops in 3 minutes walking from it. Rooms are clean but small. Luggage storage is not very safe - they have some locked rooms for this purpose, but everyone can take a key to it and nobody will check what you do in storage room. Also they have breakfast for 5€ which was good enough. All in all this hostel is good for short - period stay.

Just stayed there for 5 nights in a double room with my partner. Stayed in Amsterdam x3 other occasions so know enough to to give a fair

• 8th Mar 2015

Provide free of charge charger adapters in rooms for non EU charging plugs.

• 6th Feb 2015

Just problem there is no internet connection in the rooms. But the rest of things ok.

I've stayed in 2 other hostels in Amsterdam and this one is the best out of the 3. They have breakfast for 5 euros (but outside of breakfast hours you can get 1 euro coffees...) lots of tables, cutlery, microwaves, etc. and two computers you can use. The WiFi didn't work in the room, but my room was clean and had an ensuite shower and lots of plug-ins. The place is a stone's throw away from Museumplein and about a 25 minute walk from Central Station. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient

Very good locations.

The location is kinda far from downtown, but close from van ghog museum and the heineken experience

There's just a small safe to use in the bedroom.

• 30th Dec 2014

I stayed there because it was really cheap. The rooms areno' great, but not that bad. I stayed in a 8-bed shared room and bathroom, but if I wanted to brush my teeth, I'd have to wait someone to finish taking a shower, for example. The smell of weed was quite strong in my room, which made me uncomfortable. The kitchen has only a fridge and a microwave, so no special cookings in here. Also the recepcionist was very rude with us when my friends and I were paying.