Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was standard enough. Your typical hostel. The only dislike was the location. It's miles from the night life and taxis cost a bomb!!

• 26th Aug 2015

the rooms were so cramped, there was no room to change/ put your bags.

Room very hot Staff very friendly

• 21st Aug 2015

No comment

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel was the worst I've ever stayed in! The room smelt, the window was broken and they had just left it until two people reported it and they put some tape on it. Most of the lockers in the room didn't work! The room (6 bed) was so small I couldn't walk between the beds wih my backpack on. There is a microwave but no tap for water downstairs. The staff were not helpful and very rude. I would never stay here again and could not wait to leave.

Decent. We had a private room for two but it was the size of a coffin. The private rooms nextdoor weren't as small. WiFi does not cover the top floor. Decent facilities. Really good location. Would stay again.

Bathrooms weren't very clean , it very expensive and over 2 miles from central station. Staff weren't very helpful and breakfast isn't I closed even though it's very expensive here

The stuff was very friendly.Room was too tiny, I felt claustrophobic in there. Privacy was quite impossible with the other rooms so close and one could hear every word said in both rooms next to our s. The stairs to the room, not really komfortable. Walls looked dirty, but rather old and bad treated then really untidy. Location and the clean bathroom were he best in this Hotel.

• 5th Aug 2015

Very nice place. Spacious common room, great location, working internet, clean rooms. Also there was a bottle of shower soap pinned to the wall in the shower, which was handy as I had left my soap in a previous town. Breakfast was available but not included. Most of the security lockers in my room were broken. But other than that it's a great place.

Staff are unenthusiastic, some in particular are exceptionally rude/unfriendly. This is really unpleasant for solo travellers like myself especially. There's little to no atmosphere in the communal breakfast area (the only place with wifi). It's difficult to meet people if you're by yourself. Rooms are HOT. There was a fan but it did little. Cleanliness is alright. Generally, besides location, there's not a lot going for inner Amsterdam. I wouldn't stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it.

Overall the hostel was better than expected. Nice location next to the museums so easy to find always and good for sleeping as there is bot too much noise from the outside. Only few things that bothered me but would not make me choose otherwise in the future: only small safety boxes in the rooms - no lockers, not too many places to charge phone and wifi only downstairs. Breakfast costs 5 euro extra but is very good for hostel breakfast!

The place is well located, and the staff seemed nice. The major problem was the inefficiency of the aeration and the dirtiness of the place.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Pretty basic Hostel. Small rooms, no wifi in room (but there is in the lobby area), safe in the room didn't work, very little atmosphere and facilities (no proper kitchen area just a microwave). However this hostel was just fine for us, it did the job. Shared bathroom was kept clean and was right outside the room. The location was pretty good, next to Van Gogh museum and a short walk away from town and the Vondelpark. There was also a tele in the room (with English channels!) which was good.

The hostel itself was in a good area, but the interia definitely needs updating. The bedrooms are small as you would expect, but the condition of walls, doors, floors etc were quite bad. The communal area was only cleaned once all day so often looked and felt dirty, no music or fans so wasn't the nicest of atmospheres.

• 26th Jul 2015

Rooms were really cramped and small for a 6 person mixed dorm. Some of the staff was nice others were kind of rude. Good location if you need to catch an early bus to the airport though.

Staff not very approachable. Wifi was slow and hard to use. Only one power socket in each room. But nicely located next to ll he museums.

We booked last minute and didn't have high expectations, but we really loved this hostel! Our private room was hotel-standard, the 5€ breakfast delicious, and the location quite nice. We only stayed for a night, of course if we were there lomgee it would have been better the have a common room or anywhere to make friends!

We stayed in a room on the 5th floor. It was very very small and the walls were dirty. The saving grace was the amazing view we had over the city, it made our stay worthwhile.

• 20th Jul 2015

Location of this hostel was it's biggest asset. Reasonably expensive for a hostel, but everything is expensive in this City, you just need to allow for that.

The bathroom smelled like fermenting vegetables in ocean water. It was horrendous, even after the housekeeping in the afternoon. I don't know if it is ththe cleaning supplies or not, but it is impossible to not wake up from the stench when someone opens the door to use the bathroom. The room is also boiling hot in ththe evening when it's nice and cool outside, and there was no locker, only a small security box available.

« first « Prev 1 2 3