Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2072 Total Reviews

The free wifi dosent reach the 4th floor. And unfortuitally we had a room that's windows didn't open when it was quite muggy. But apart from that a lovely hotel in a central location would stay here again.

• 11th Sep 2014

No window, very stuffy.

BED BUGS BED BUGS BED BUGS!you have been warned they are everywhere and staff don't care we are covered in bites and saw bugs crawling all over us

It was an Ok stay. The dining room is kind of cozy and you can bring your own food. But the atmosphere didn't feel that special and I am travelling alone so it was a little bit lonely. But the hostel is pretty close to Vondelpark which I loved!

Very functional but not the place to get a good sleep.

• 18th Aug 2014

Room was very very small with dirty walls and carpet. The beds also had bed bugs. However, the bathroom was nice and there was a breakfast service. Another downside was our email said check in from 11 but upon arrival it was actually at 2 so we had to carry our cases round for another three hours as the luggage holding room was far from secure. I'd probably stay again if there was no where else with a similar price.

• 12th Aug 2014

No wi-fi at second floor. Could not open the windows. Only advantage is the affordable price

• 8th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Quiet hostel, the limited social spaces can make it more difficult for solo travellers. Easy to get to city centre.

Don't go in this hostel if u don't want some little surprise in your bed... BED BUGS!!!!

• 7th Aug 2014

This was by far the worst place in Amsterdam. No one should go there! We arrived and immediately felt unsafe. The elevator is old and dangerous. In the hallway on the way to our room there was a bunch of garbage and vacummes unattended. The sheets were dirty with bed bugs. We left right away and got a full refund. They were mad at us for pointing out that there were bed bugs and told us there was NOTHING they could do about it. Horrible experience.

They sent us to Blue Tower hotel (west of the city) for one night because of overbooking. They didn't inform about the overbooking in advance (we reserved our room 3 months before and confirmed our arrival time one day before the reservation by e-mail). They gave us free breakfast in order to compensate overbooking. We found 2 bugs in our room. This is my second stay in Inner, the first one was more better than this. This one is kinda disappointing.

Breakfast is not included, so the price of 25 euros per night and person for a dorm is really high. BUT the worst thing was: BED BUGS in the rooms. We got bitten every night and after two nights we both ended up with (no exagerration!!) over 50 bites each all over the body.

• 29th Jul 2014

The location is really good - about 2 minutes from Museumplein where 3 of the most famous city museums are. Although, the hostel is probably one of the worst I have stayed in. There were bedbugs in several beds in my room. The staff was not helpful and sometimes even rude (specially one asian middle aged guy that was usually in the reception over night). Finally, most part of the lockers didn't work. They have breakfast for 5 euros.

Looks more like a Hotel than a hostel, but is good. It's the perfect hostel if you want to relax and have some privacy (if you traveled in couple, for example). However, it lacks a party atmosphere other hostels if you want to hang out. So it's up to you.

The hostel is good, clean and well located. There just two problems: the common area and the rooms are really hot in the summer, there's no ventilation at all; and the girl who was at the reception was unpleasant.

We had two nice nights there, but it was reaaaally hot in the room. And the only window to open was a little bit broken.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Austria

The location is excellent, very near to the Van Gogh Museum. Unfortunately, the staff don't treat you well, it seems like you are in a old and creepy house. The room is small and it has just a little window. Forget to stay there in the summer!

This if by far one of the worst I have ever stayed in.To start of with there were bedbugs in our room, as almost every room had,so bad we consider to actually sleep in the bathroom instead,which also was the only room with a window. I had bloodstains on my "clean" sheets. I also had a bug crawling up from inside my pillow, and then another one and then a third one. So my pillow was covered in dead bugs and blood. Cats walking around in the hostel and around the breakfast buffé, staff didn't care

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel close to museum and easy way to city. I sincerely recommend This hostel 😊

• 18th Jul 2014

We had a lovely stay in Amsterdam but not in your hostel. We were really surprised with one of the two rooms. We didn't expect that. I don't think that it is allowed to have rooms like that in that kind of hostel. Our two friends had a roon inwhich there are no window so it was very hot and it reeked. We want to come back to amsterdam but definitely not in your hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014