Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2085 Total Reviews

The hostel is good, clean and well located. There just two problems: the common area and the rooms are really hot in the summer, there's no ventilation at all; and the girl who was at the reception was unpleasant.

We had two nice nights there, but it was reaaaally hot in the room. And the only window to open was a little bit broken.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Austria

The location is excellent, very near to the Van Gogh Museum. Unfortunately, the staff don't treat you well, it seems like you are in a old and creepy house. The room is small and it has just a little window. Forget to stay there in the summer!

This if by far one of the worst I have ever stayed in.To start of with there were bedbugs in our room, as almost every room had,so bad we consider to actually sleep in the bathroom instead,which also was the only room with a window. I had bloodstains on my "clean" sheets. I also had a bug crawling up from inside my pillow, and then another one and then a third one. So my pillow was covered in dead bugs and blood. Cats walking around in the hostel and around the breakfast buffé, staff didn't care

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel close to museum and easy way to city. I sincerely recommend This hostel 😊

• 18th Jul 2014

We had a lovely stay in Amsterdam but not in your hostel. We were really surprised with one of the two rooms. We didn't expect that. I don't think that it is allowed to have rooms like that in that kind of hostel. Our two friends had a roon inwhich there are no window so it was very hot and it reeked. We want to come back to amsterdam but definitely not in your hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014

Did the trick, nothing special, but close to albert Heijn grocery and the iamsterdam sign, van gogh museum, reijks museum and the staff were so nice and helpful!

I enjoyed the hostel's proximity to the center of town and the wifi, but the service and attitude of the staff on arrival was off-putting. The cashier treated me as if I was inconveniencing her by being there. Although they supplied a very useful day locker, the lockers in the bedrooms didn't work. To top it off, I got bed bugs.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

The staff was friendly but the hostel was dirty - stains on the walls and unfixed holes in the doors. Our room didn't have a peep hole like the others, but instead a small hole in the door filled in with toilet paper. The number of bugs in the room was insane. I saw a bugs on the bed/blanket, and found more simply by turning over the blanket. It was the last hostel I stayed at and there were definitely bed bugs there (I can tell by the bites, of which one arm has over 10). Very dirty!

• 14th Jul 2014

Everything was fine except 2 things: 1) WiFi is available only arround the reception. 2) It is impossible to open windows wide enough, so there is too hot inside the rooms (especially at night) Anyway, I was visiting Amsterdam many times and I was always staying at some cheap places - this is the best one. And location... ;) For people who want to see something more than only the cofee shop, it is impossoble to stay in a better place in this city!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Room had no windows so too hot and had to wake everyone else up when getting up in the morning/coming in at night by turning on lights.

Great hostel but it was a little too far from the main part of Amsterdam. It was close to some great museums but just a bit of a trek to the Red Light Fistrict, Anne Frank Museum and other things. Also, we were due to check in at 11:00 so we did, we were then told that the room wasn't going to be ready till 14:00. That was annoying bit we just walked into Amsterdam for a bit whilst we waited.

BEDBUGS BEDBUGS BEDBUGS I am still, days after i left, completely covered in bug bites that I got from the two different rooms I stayed at. The staff could not care less and are absolutely aware of the problem as I know for a fact a couple that stayed there the same first night as myself had to leave and were refunded because of the same infestation. Insult to injury? As we were leaving, one of the guys had the nerve to say "night night don't let the....". Like seriously. Youve been warned.

• 7th Jul 2014

Our room smelled horrible and there was no ventilation or any openable windows. Some of the staff was rude and uninterested. Wi-Fi is only available downstairs in the lobby and just very weak. And worst of all there was bedbugs. I came home with hundreds of bites all over my body. It was disgusting and it was painful. We told the hotel that there was bedbugs, and they didn't even offer compensation. There was another couple at the same time letting reception know that they had bedbugs

• 6th Jul 2014

Nice stay at excellent location. Our arrival day was very hot (even at evening 25°C) so without airco and with 6 adults on the room it was hot!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Belgium
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Decent room for a one night stay. Wouldn't have liked to stay any longer as very noisy through night. Rather small room for four people with bags, and no storage space for them. Good location, only a few stops on the tram. Lovely area of Amsterdam, with a supermarket round the corner, and a beautiful park across the road.

Nice place, nothing special though. Comfy beds and nice shower.

We had a great time there; the main problem is from the noise...

• 30th Jun 2014

Although, overall, the hostel itself was good and I felt safe; I wouldn't recommend staying here to young people. Three friends and I (all aged 20) were continuously 'shushed' by the staff members, even when we were outside of the hostel during the day to have a cigarette. Of course, occasionally we would be slightly louder, but the majority of the time we were respectful of the noise level in the lobby and public spaces. It is also about a 25 minute walk from the main square (Leidseplein) .

• 25th Jun 2014