Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2009 Total Reviews

The day staff was ok- one girl in particular was very helpful. The night guy was very unfriendly and made it seem like a hassle to let someone in or take money for beer. There is a super strict noise curfew not mentioned in the booking info- we got yelled at for standing outside around midnight and having a conversation. The hall doors all squeak and slam and the walls are thin. The rooms are dusty and poorly ventilated and I woke up with bug bites. Lockers are tiny. Place smells musty.

• 21st May 2014

There were mice in one of the bedrooms. The couple was forced to sleep on the common area. The staff was rude and didn't refund them. Not worthy stay there.. really the last option.

• 6th May 2014

Perfect for families. The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, and also the least exciting. Environment isn't at all conducive to meeting fellow travelers but it's a good place to get some rest.

• 28th Apr 2014

bad service and poor location

Really nice, the only problem is the stair

Decent place, but I wouldn't recommend a stay exceeding a couple of nights unless you have nowhere else to stay.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • India

The hostel is well located, there are bus and tram stations very close to the hostel. The beer inside the hostel is not expensive compared to others. There was a staff woman who was a bit rude but that's it. The prices are a bit high.

our room was minuscule (it didn't worth 55€ per night), but the bathroom was very clean ( at least)! they told us we could do the check in at 3pm, but at 3.30 pm the room was still unavailable (because of cleaning). The coolest thing of this hostel is that it is located in the southwest part of the town, near the Rijksmuseum.

Helpful staff, great location, nice rooms. Other people in the room trashed the bathroom and made lots of noise, but this wasn't the hostel's fault.

• 13th Apr 2014

Sadly I found the hostel extremely noisy maybe this is due to zero curfew as other guests arrived back right through the night and morning. I can't say I slept much at all. Also, since arriving home I have had to visit my GP as I broke out in a rash on my second day in Amsterdam and the GP confirmed it is scabies! This is not the trip memory which I wished to be bringing back with me. This in itself has now caused me a lot of stress and discomfort.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Not a very socialable, meet-travellers hostel, but it's a clean place to stay for cheap. They have small electronic lockers in the hall near the check in desk for valuables, camera equipment, etc, but no larger lockers.

The noise was a bit too much for me. The "curfew" is loosely enforced, if you're a bit more mature than a younger 20's crowd, opt for a single or double room.

Nice accommodations, good wifi and free usage of the pc's.

Stayed in a 2-beds private room with my girlfriend. The room was small but very clean, fully furnished, all facilities provided. compared to the price that I paid, it was great. Higly recommended.

I took my gf to Amsterdam and I've chosen Inner Hostel by its price and availability. We took a room for two people. I left my sunglasses on a table inside the locked room (I'm sure of it, because it was the first time it fell on the floor) with the train tickets. In the morning of our return I realized the tickets weren't there and was sure something went wrong when the sunglasses box was EMPTY. So I have all the reasons to believe it was stolen by someone that works there. BEWARE of them.

Very nice hostel with clean facilities and friendly staff. Only real negative is it is quite far out of the centre of Amsterdam although everything is in walking distance (especially bars and restaurants).

Great hotel, small rooms but clean. a bit of a weird shower though. It is in a quiet location, yet very close to everything. The staff is really nice, really helpful. It's a good value for your money! I would defintely go back and/or recommend it to my friends/family

Conveniently located near trams 2 & 5 that bring you to the centre in 10 minutes or less. For those who plan to visit the museums (Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum), the hostel is either a short walk or an even shorter tram ride away. The price was right for the facilities, my only complaint was the €5 price tag on the breakfast, which was a standard hostel breakfast: cereal, toast, fruit, cold cuts, etc. Overall, good hostel at an affordable price.

Easily accessed by tram, good location near city centre. Clean rooms, very polite and helpfull staff. WIFI connection was only available downstairs next to the reception and not in the rooms.

Security is great, u have your own chipcard. We been in room for 8. we had our own bathroom. Breakfast was ok. Coffee, bread, cereals etc. Staff ere little bit cold. Or how to say. No smile, no kidness. Nothing wrong but it was bit uncomfortable. But the room. I was surprised, how clean it was, for the money. I'd totally recommend this hostel.