Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We book for three in a room of six, and everything looked fine.When we came back that night there were another 4 people sleeping in our room, so one of our beds was taken by someone else.The receptionist kept telling us that it was a mistake of the other shift's receptionist.The only solution he propose is that one of us had to go to another room, because the 4 people in our room were sleeping,so he didn't want to wake them up.This happened even when we were the first to check in the room.

Good having a private washroom, but no WiFi in rooms.

The hostel was really easy to get to and was in a great location so that was great. However we found the staff weren't that welcoming, especially compared to other hostels we've stayed in on our trip. There also wasn't that good of an atmosphere, the common room was quite dark and just no buzz. The rooms were fine and the beds were nice, came back to a cleaned room and it was a nice enough bedroom.

VERY basic

• 13th Jul 2015

I felt that the unit was clean and the lockers were great to have. I booked last minute, but I think the value I paid was fair.

We stayed in several hostels this holiday, and out of all of them Inner Amsterdam proved to be the worst value for money. Although in a good location, the rooms are extremely cramped, and get so hot in the summer months that they are hardly bearable. There is barely any room to move, let alone get dressed. The lobby area downstairs is dark and dingy, and there is nowhere to even make tea or coffee. The vending machines are extortionate. We did alot of sightseeing, mostly to be out of the hostel!

A really great hostel, looks dodgy on the outside, but everyone inside was awesome. Very affordable for a backpacker

Inner hotel was a great find and we enjoyed our time there a lot. It is located really close to the tram stops and museums and within walking distance from some of the best pubs and coffee shops. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean with safes provide. We were lucky enough to get the room on the top floor which provided a beautiful view. The only down side was that the curtains did not close all the way which meant that we got woken up quite early with sun pouring into the rooms.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly and informative, the room was clean and presentable and the breakfast was good value. This hostel is a great base for staying in Amsterdam if you're on a budget, and I would definitely recommend it.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The staff were horrible and deeply unhelpful, the rooms were unbearably warm and cold taps didn't work.

Staff were helpful , rooms were decent , could of done with a window or fan in room as was very hot , but good location just by the museum fields , had a good stay

Rooms were too hot even with a fan but overall you got what you paid for!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The district of this hostel is very nice and calm. It's a little bit far of the city center but it still feasable by walking. All the travelers of a room have their own key to access it, what is very important for me. Two points to be improved: the room was not very clean (bathroom door, wall, carpet) and above all, it was very, very hot at night.

• 26th Jun 2015

no lockers in the room. you can use plates and cups in the kitchen, but there is no fridge and water to store or wash food (e.g. fruit...). clean room and bathroom.

The hostel is quite noisy, not because of the tenants, but because every door and floor makes a horrible creaking sound.

Staff were great, bikes were available for hire, granted they were slightly expensive but you took and returned them to your hostel which was convenient. There was a cat strolling about who was very nice, but I could see this could be a problem if you had allergies. The room we were in was extremely warm, it only had one small, noisy, fan and one window which opened only a few inches.

The Wi-Fi sucks in rooms, so you have to go to the eating area if you want internet. Bring earplugs if you're staying in the mixed dorm, people snore. Just saying.

i don't understand why the lady at the kitchen didn't let me take the photo of foods.

Could have wifi in the rooms and bigger lockers, but is a good hostel

For what I paid it's exactly what you'd expect. Dirty, loud, smelly, wifi only works in one area, and average staff. If you want comfort I'd look elsewhere. My biggest issue was the lockers. There are tiny ones in the room but they were all taken which was weird bc there was one for each bed. When I asked the front desk why I didn't get one they said they didn't know and couldn't open them so I could use one in the lobby. When I was setting my passcode people were watching!