Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2062 Total Reviews

The staff was friendly but the hostel was dirty - stains on the walls and unfixed holes in the doors. Our room didn't have a peep hole like the others, but instead a small hole in the door filled in with toilet paper. The number of bugs in the room was insane. I saw a bugs on the bed/blanket, and found more simply by turning over the blanket. It was the last hostel I stayed at and there were definitely bed bugs there (I can tell by the bites, of which one arm has over 10). Very dirty!

• 14th Jul 2014

Everything was fine except 2 things: 1) WiFi is available only arround the reception. 2) It is impossible to open windows wide enough, so there is too hot inside the rooms (especially at night) Anyway, I was visiting Amsterdam many times and I was always staying at some cheap places - this is the best one. And location... ;) For people who want to see something more than only the cofee shop, it is impossoble to stay in a better place in this city!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Room had no windows so too hot and had to wake everyone else up when getting up in the morning/coming in at night by turning on lights.

Great hostel but it was a little too far from the main part of Amsterdam. It was close to some great museums but just a bit of a trek to the Red Light Fistrict, Anne Frank Museum and other things. Also, we were due to check in at 11:00 so we did, we were then told that the room wasn't going to be ready till 14:00. That was annoying bit we just walked into Amsterdam for a bit whilst we waited.

BEDBUGS BEDBUGS BEDBUGS I am still, days after i left, completely covered in bug bites that I got from the two different rooms I stayed at. The staff could not care less and are absolutely aware of the problem as I know for a fact a couple that stayed there the same first night as myself had to leave and were refunded because of the same infestation. Insult to injury? As we were leaving, one of the guys had the nerve to say "night night don't let the....". Like seriously. Youve been warned.

• 7th Jul 2014

Our room smelled horrible and there was no ventilation or any openable windows. Some of the staff was rude and uninterested. Wi-Fi is only available downstairs in the lobby and just very weak. And worst of all there was bedbugs. I came home with hundreds of bites all over my body. It was disgusting and it was painful. We told the hotel that there was bedbugs, and they didn't even offer compensation. There was another couple at the same time letting reception know that they had bedbugs

• 6th Jul 2014

Nice stay at excellent location. Our arrival day was very hot (even at evening 25°C) so without airco and with 6 adults on the room it was hot!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Belgium
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Decent room for a one night stay. Wouldn't have liked to stay any longer as very noisy through night. Rather small room for four people with bags, and no storage space for them. Good location, only a few stops on the tram. Lovely area of Amsterdam, with a supermarket round the corner, and a beautiful park across the road.

Nice place, nothing special though. Comfy beds and nice shower.

We had a great time there; the main problem is from the noise...

• 30th Jun 2014

Although, overall, the hostel itself was good and I felt safe; I wouldn't recommend staying here to young people. Three friends and I (all aged 20) were continuously 'shushed' by the staff members, even when we were outside of the hostel during the day to have a cigarette. Of course, occasionally we would be slightly louder, but the majority of the time we were respectful of the noise level in the lobby and public spaces. It is also about a 25 minute walk from the main square (Leidseplein) .

• 25th Jun 2014

well it was not that clean and some rooms are quite dark..

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

The common room is boring and uncomfortable just chairs and tables not a good space to meet other travels I stayed in 3 rooms over 8 nights all the room smelled bad, one had no windows!?!? and the 6 bed dorm was a 4 bed with an extra bunk in it, so not enough room

You get what you pay for. It wasn't overly bad, our room was terribly hot (only bunk beds and a tv with a table so it was cramped too) with only a little fan and our towels only got change twice in 5 days, but I feel if that's the biggest complaint we did okay. I wouldn't say don't stay here but there's better places out there if you spend a bit more.

Standard 2 Bed apartment was smelling musty.

• 10th Jun 2014

Good structure, staff is very helpful, great breakfast for €5,-, there are lockers inside the room that you can let your value things. There is just one big problem: how was so hot whether there was no ventilation inside the room, whole window didn't open, it was very very hot.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel was within walking distance of everywhere and close to museums and beautiful large park. However lacked any kind of atmosphere as it was just too large and whilst this hostel was very clean, both I and my two friends got horrifically bitten by bed bugs, I counted over 200 bites in just two nights! We know they were bed bugs because as we left the hostel we saw them! Rooms were unbearably hot as well.

Absolutely Awful hotel - 8 out of 8 beds had bed bugs in our Private room. Unclean Bathroom. Rude staff (upon arrival). Location is a bit far out of the action.

The day staff was ok- one girl in particular was very helpful. The night guy was very unfriendly and made it seem like a hassle to let someone in or take money for beer. There is a super strict noise curfew not mentioned in the booking info- we got yelled at for standing outside around midnight and having a conversation. The hall doors all squeak and slam and the walls are thin. The rooms are dusty and poorly ventilated and I woke up with bug bites. Lockers are tiny. Place smells musty.

• 21st May 2014

There were mice in one of the bedrooms. The couple was forced to sleep on the common area. The staff was rude and didn't refund them. Not worthy stay there.. really the last option.

• 6th May 2014