Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Wi-Fi sucks in rooms, so you have to go to the eating area if you want internet. Bring earplugs if you're staying in the mixed dorm, people snore. Just saying.

i don't understand why the lady at the kitchen didn't let me take the photo of foods.

Could have wifi in the rooms and bigger lockers, but is a good hostel

For what I paid it's exactly what you'd expect. Dirty, loud, smelly, wifi only works in one area, and average staff. If you want comfort I'd look elsewhere. My biggest issue was the lockers. There are tiny ones in the room but they were all taken which was weird bc there was one for each bed. When I asked the front desk why I didn't get one they said they didn't know and couldn't open them so I could use one in the lobby. When I was setting my passcode people were watching!

Good location as close to museumplein where main museums are located, but 20 min walk from central area of Amsterdam, but public transport close. Room was quite small and only had toilets on the ground floor (we were on the first floor so this was quite annoying). Decent breakfast for 5 euros. Wifi only available on ground floor. Atmosphere wasn't great in the hostel; a bit gloomy and dull, but not much of a problem if you're not spending time there, but still could do with a bit of liveliness.

Good overall. It's in a great location for visiting the museums and not far from a tram stop to the city center. The kitchen is not available for use, but you can use their dishes, which is a nice plus. Also there's an adorable cat who may try sneak into your room.

It was nice but we didn't have an internet connection on the room.

• 25th May 2015
  • Greece

Location is great. Just public parking that is very expensive. This hostel broke my personal record of smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. On the pictures for double rooms, they advertise two seperate beds and a nice room, but basicly there is just a door and a stacked double bed. Room was very hot and no ventilation. Everything quite dirty, the walls and the floor as well as a broke bathroom with cold water. The staff doesn´t make the impression to enjoy the work and is very little helpfull.

I think it was a expensive stay in this hostel. I mean, I payed 80 € por each night in a room that I was sharing with 7 people and It had just one bathroom. Everything was good. But It was expensive

Close to Heineken experience, Stedelijk, and Rijkmuseum. It was about a half hour walk to city centre but was at a good location. Staff were helpful and nice.

Nice hostel with nice staff, the paid breakfast is good and well served. I have to complain about the wifi sign in the rooms, really poor, please fix it. in general is a good hostel, I recommend.

The rooms need a LOT more ventilation! It was unbearably hot in our room and it began to smell. Also, most guests these days expect that there will be wifi in the rooms. But even in the common area, the wifi was extremely weak and even shut off at times. It was nice that the sheets were changed each day, but I would rather see the cleaning focus on the floors and bathrooms which were visibly dirty. I realize that this is one of the least expensive spots in Am, but it wasn't cheap. Expected more.

The locations is wonderful, very few minutes walking to the Van Gogh Museum, places to eat and supermarkets. The staff was also very good and nice. And a very good breakfast.👏👏👏👏

Our stay here was average. We had tiny lockers in our 6-bed dorm but half of them didn't work. The common area was nice, but it was the only place the wifi worked. Our room was clean and big and had its own bathroom, but the shower was missing a door so water went everywhere! Breakfast was pricey at €5, and finally, it was a 35 minute hike from the city centre to the hostel. So overall: meh.

This hostel was great, good location, staff were friendly! Only downer were the broken lockers.

although the staff weren't super helpful, the hostel was great! good beds, clean, safe. it's a little far from the city, but it's a pretty nice walk to get to some of the main areas, and not far from iamsterdam, vondelpark or a few museums.

On the second day, our towels were taken away, but hadn't received any new. Impossible to take a shower. Bathroom not that clean, shower did not work properly, and regarding price-quality absolutely not okay. In addition, we asked for a 6 and 8 people room, we reiceved two rooms of 6, and 2 others persons had to sleep on another 6-persons room. Why do we even have to give our wished if they decide to change our reservation?

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Thought that the hostel was great! Don't understand the negative reviews; seems as if people were expecting to be staying at The Ritz or something. Checking in and out were both very quick, price for the stay was good, it's a 5 minute walk to a tram stop (at most) and it wasn't too loud at night so was great for sleeping.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel was in a great location near major trams and attractions. The biggest downside was no wifi in the rooms and only one outlet in the room (except one in the bathroom). Security was average..the lockers in the rooms were broken, and the main luggage storage was easily accessed. The bathroom was larger than most hostels, and had a hair dryer and towels provided. There were also two computers downstairs with free internet, which was great.

The hostel was in a good location, next to Van Gogh Museum. You could catch a few trams that would take u directly into Amsterdam centre. The room was not very clean and very cramped. The television looks like it is about to fall off the wall! Doubt I will be back.