Inner Amsterdam Reviews

Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2066 Total Reviews

The day staff was ok- one girl in particular was very helpful. The night guy was very unfriendly and made it seem like a hassle to let someone in or take money for beer. There is a super strict noise curfew not mentioned in the booking info- we got yelled at for standing outside around midnight and having a conversation. The hall doors all squeak and slam and the walls are thin. The rooms are dusty and poorly ventilated and I woke up with bug bites. Lockers are tiny. Place smells musty.

• 21st May 2014

There were mice in one of the bedrooms. The couple was forced to sleep on the common area. The staff was rude and didn't refund them. Not worthy stay there.. really the last option.

• 6th May 2014

Perfect for families. The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, and also the least exciting. Environment isn't at all conducive to meeting fellow travelers but it's a good place to get some rest.

• 28th Apr 2014

bad service and poor location

Really nice, the only problem is the stair

Decent place, but I wouldn't recommend a stay exceeding a couple of nights unless you have nowhere else to stay.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • India

The hostel is well located, there are bus and tram stations very close to the hostel. The beer inside the hostel is not expensive compared to others. There was a staff woman who was a bit rude but that's it. The prices are a bit high.

our room was minuscule (it didn't worth 55€ per night), but the bathroom was very clean ( at least)! they told us we could do the check in at 3pm, but at 3.30 pm the room was still unavailable (because of cleaning). The coolest thing of this hostel is that it is located in the southwest part of the town, near the Rijksmuseum.

Helpful staff, great location, nice rooms. Other people in the room trashed the bathroom and made lots of noise, but this wasn't the hostel's fault.

• 13th Apr 2014

Sadly I found the hostel extremely noisy maybe this is due to zero curfew as other guests arrived back right through the night and morning. I can't say I slept much at all. Also, since arriving home I have had to visit my GP as I broke out in a rash on my second day in Amsterdam and the GP confirmed it is scabies! This is not the trip memory which I wished to be bringing back with me. This in itself has now caused me a lot of stress and discomfort.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Not a very socialable, meet-travellers hostel, but it's a clean place to stay for cheap. They have small electronic lockers in the hall near the check in desk for valuables, camera equipment, etc, but no larger lockers.

The noise was a bit too much for me. The "curfew" is loosely enforced, if you're a bit more mature than a younger 20's crowd, opt for a single or double room.

Nice accommodations, good wifi and free usage of the pc's.

1 2 3 Next » last »