Insa Hostel Insadong Reviews

48, Insadong 14-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Caring staff, good location, tasty breakfast, reasonable price and a very cute kitten =) I will definitely stay here again when visiting Seoul.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

This was the greatest hostel! Free breakfast and great, friendly staff! They also had cheap beer to buy and a great rooftop to drink on. The facilities are a bit small, but they provide everything from hair dryer to towels! Excellent hostel :)

Location of this hotel was absolutely fantastic and cannot be beaten! Many hotspots are within walking distance and those that aren't, can be reached by the subway station practically at the doorstep. Only negative was the room were tiny, good for maybe a night or two away but not for an extended amount of time.

I stayed here for a week after coming from Japan and I can honestly say it was a great experience! People were lovely and the breakfast and free laundry was a big bonus! It was clean and the ensuite in the dorm room is nice as you don't have to leave your room:) Thank you insa for making my stay in Seoul so enjoyable!

• 14th Aug 2014

This was a fantastic hostel just steps away from the main shopping thoroughfare in Insadong. The rooftop lounge was absolutely wonderful and the atmosphere among the guests was quite friendly. The only thing to note is that the lockers provided in the rooms were on the smaller side and didn't include a lock, which you have to bring yourself. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel! Very clean, helpful staff and in the middle of Insadong; its only a short walk to the palaces and the shopping streets.

This hostel is in a great location, has breakfast, free wifi, free laundry, and a great staff. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

The position can't be better, you have half of the palaces in walking distance, a shopping street nearby and tons of restaurants to choose from. The hostel itself is nice, the dorm room was a tiny bit poor, but the rest, like the breakfast and the staff, made up for it totally.

The hostel is very nice and friendly, if i come back seoul next time, i 'll stay the Insa hostel again.

the location and staff is great, i will definitely choose insa hostel if i go to seoul again!

amazing place, helpful staff, great location! I would go back there again! thanks Mr. Kim and staff! :) hope to see you again!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

It's a nice hostel in the middle of the touristic area ~so it's close to everywhere u want go~Easy transportation~Lovely neighbourhood. The hostel has a small common living room/kitchen/reception so it's not so comfortable to chill/relax. It was the worldcup Korea vs Belgium so i went to bed at 8am... I dunno why but they kept interupting me! Aircon guy, the staff, aircon guy again, staff... They say they change towels every day, but they skipped a day with me... Depends who's working i guess

Staffs are very friendly and the location is awsome, pretty close to the metro station.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Perfect location. My single room was inconveniently tiny and too close to the common room, so not very quiet.

An amazing hostel with great facilities and very nice and helpful staff. It was very much appreciated that my towels were changed everyday, free breakfast was provided and I loved the digital locks on the door (extra security)! Thank you again to Bomi for calling the DMZ tour to double check my pick up point and thank you to all the staff for your great hospitality! Also the direction provided was easy to follow. Keep up the good work!

• 17th May 2014

While the Hostel was a little more money than I usual pay, I thought it was worth it. The rooms were very clean and it was thankfully quiet at night. The free breakfast in the morning, if you make it yourself, is a nice thought and I would have used it if I had more time during my trip. Staff at Insa Hostel was very helpful with food recommendations and let us keep our bags in the lobby after checkout. Although I had no issues, my only wish was that the rooms had a locker for bags and valuables.

• 9th May 2014

The location is great - just steps away from shopping, restaurants, subway and airport bus, and a cool Korean Starbucks. The rooms are on the smaller side, but the hostel is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, the doors are secured by futuristic-looking touch pads, and the rooftop offers a nice place to relax and enjoy a view of the surrounding area.

• 9th May 2014

Location was great! Breakfast was nice - everything else was OK. EXCEPT I'm not sure if there was a bug problem in my room. I woke up with a couple bites each morning, though it's hard to be certain if it was bedbugs or something else (though I've never had issues in the other 30 hostels I've stayed in.) Avoid room 4 on the second floor! Additionally, there was no secure locker for your things.

• 7th May 2014

Great location in a vibrant area, close to metro station, clean facilities, and very friendly staff. Security can be better improved with lockers in rooms. Overall, a great place to stay in Seoul!

• 15th Apr 2014

definitely a nice hostel to stay ! It is clean (I presume all rooms get cleaned every day) the staff is really nice (they booked a trip for me to the DMZ just the evening before, while it was already quite late), breakfast is limited choice, but more than enough and they bring you fresh towels every day. Rooms are rather small, however considering the hostel is quite close to many highlights, it didn't bother me that much.