Insa Hostel Insadong Reviews

48, Insadong 14-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Overall I spent more than 10 days at this hostel since I felt really good here the first nights so I prolonged my stay. The staff and the hostel owner are really helping, nice and warm people you can have a good time with. Also the location is central (3 min by foot to Anguk station). Various foods available for breakfast and nice facilities. Next year when I visit Korea again Insa Hostel will be most likely my first choice !!

• 9th Mar 2015

the owner is very kind and friendly (though speaks limited english). Helen (one of staff) is also very cordial and speaks perfect english. having free laundry was really awesome (but you have to line dry clothes). the cat in the common area is also super cute. 10/10 really awesome place to stay! the bathroom is a little awkward though (it's kind of like a wet room). beds are super firm. i ended up extending my stay for 4 nights because the staff are really great!

Compact, clean rooms in an excellent location. Walking distance to many of the major sights in Seoul. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

Can't fault my stay in any way! Had a great nights sleep in a 4 bed dorm to myself and was extremely impressed by the facilities. I love that you can make yourself tea, coffee and breakfast. Thank you for your hospitality!

• 18th Jan 2015

Located in the heart of Insadong, a trendy/artsy area in Seoul. The hostel is within walking distance of two major palaces (Gyeongbok/Changdeok). The hostel also offered discounts for guests wanting to watch the Nanta show (40000 -> 32000 won). Very secure and safe. Laundry machines and breakfast are included in the price (eggs, toast, tea/coffee/juice, jam). TIP: Print a map before coming here as it was a little tricky the first time.

My stay in a dorm room didn't include a shower, or at least I didn't know where to find it. That was not clear to me when I booked the room. I arrived too late and left too early to ask the staff.

• 1st Jan 2015

The directions were impressive; a youtube video and signs in English at every turn. The location, nested in a side street right off the main shopping area, is surrounded by Korean restaurants. It is also right next to the subway station. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and organized. The only aspect that was a bit challenging was the small dormitory room and uncomfortable beds. We LOVE cats, but I am highly allergic and most guests are not happy with a cat on the food table!

• 28th Dec 2014

Well situated, nice staff very helpful and welcoming. (Tiny) little rooms not very comfortable.

The hostel is located in a very center of a city, nice and clean place with very kind and helpful staff.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very cute, very quiet, very clean, and very good location. It seemed to be a little more expensive than other hostels, especially since I travel alone and have to pay the same price as two people, but since the facility was so nice, I didn't mind. I would stay there again.

Great place to stay. Very central and clean. The personnel is very friendly.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

The location of this hostel is great, a few minutes walk from the subway and in the historical district. The room was small however for the location and 2 nights this was not a problem. The bathroom is a wetroom and there is no shower curtain so you have to be careful to keep your clothes dry when showering however again, for the location and price this was a great choice. Please note there is a dining table to have breakfast at but no common room. The staff and kitten were very friendly.

Especially for sightseeing the location is perfect

• 4th Nov 2014

helpfull staff,could print my flightbooking.dormrooms to small.hard to get up to the rooftopterrasse. don`t know how to make good coffee,good to have eggs.better with Brown bread and some fruits.

Liked the neighbourhood a lot. Didn't really appreciate the cat they had running around in the lobby. It often jumped on the breakfast table and was chewing on people's food.

The lockers in the room were small but being in Korea I felt safe enough to leave my bags out in the open.

It was great for me... Only thing was that my room was too small for four people... Even thought I like it because it had air conditioner. Love the fact they share kitchen stuff for breakfast! Nice place to stay

• 7th Oct 2014