Insa Hostel Insadong Reviews

48, Insadong 14-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I liked the place and the facilities were not bad. The staff were nice, friendly and very helpful. They should list though that there is a cat at the hostel. Someone who books may be allergic.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Philippines

The Staff is great, they are extremely friendly and guarantee you will have a great time.

Excellent hostel all round. Special mention to Helen who was friendly, informative and helpful.

• 5th Aug 2015

Wonderful and helpful staff. Thank you for the awesome stay.

Loved the people and location. Plan on staying there again. Only thing I didn't like were the facilities in my room (304). I suggest getting less hard mattresses, and softer/fluffier blankets and pillows. Also, the bars to the top bunks are very uncomfortable to step on, so maybe put some padding there? Finally, the toilet in my bathroom was loud whenever I tried to stand up. Seemed a bit unstable. Was a little uncomfortable.

• 18th Jul 2015

The location is really convenient, within a 10 minute walk to many tourist attractions like the Gyeongbokgung palace, Bukchon hanok village and other places. The staff are very friendly and always giving suggestions and helpful travel advice. Highly recommend.

This is my go to hostel. I love this place!

Fantastic. One of the best hostels i've ever been in. We stayed in dorms one time and in a private room the second instance. Both were high quality stays. Helen was very friendly and gave us advice on where to go. Good staff make a good hostel great and she's fantastic. Location is right in Insadong where you are close to many of the palaces and a short walk away from shopping haven of Myeongdong. A minute's walk from the subway and also an express bus stop that brings you to the airport.

thanks to helen and mr. Kim !! they were so helpfull all the time and helen even went beyond being a staff but helped like a friend. my stay in insa hostel is like a home. its safe and the facility is clean. the security is the best!

The location is great, the room was nice and well airconditioned, there is free breakfast, wifi, laundry and like the other reviews say, the hosts are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again. Only negative I can think of is that Seoul's sewage system stinks, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom ended up sucking the smelly air in from the drainage.

Perfect place to stay, close to everything, and like a home away from home!

Location was in Insadong and so close to the metro. Directions were easy to follow. The staff was super friendly and nice. One of the best breakfast options I've seen in a Seoul hostel. The bathroom was pretty spacious for Seoul, and really clean. The only thing I would caution is this place has a cat, so don't stay here if you have bad animal allergies.

Could improve on the bed linen and breakfast variety. Otherwise everything was fantastic and so was the location and staff.

Excellent facility and location. Staff helpful and spoke English with practical degree of proficiency, one was fluent. Most residents were study abroad students. Lots of amenities. I did wish they had a cloth dryer and shower curtain, but both seemed to be rare in Korea. (Bunk bed was quite firm.) Neighborhood "hip", quiet, clean, and seemingly safe. Sheets were clean and towels were "bleached-white" (and American size). Place looked just like the photos (only not as well lit nor crowded).

What a BRILLIANT place to stay in Seoul! Insa Hostel really is a winner for everything you could want as a tourist to a new city! Ideal location and walkable to the centre of the city. Comfy, clean, quiet, plentiful breakfast, but above all - so friendly. I initially stayed here for 3 nights and then extended it to 12! The staff here geniunely care about the people who come to stay and it makes it feel like a home away from home. Top marks!!

I felt comfortable staying at this hostel as a solo traveler. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I go back to Seoul, I wiil stay at this hostel.

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel owner and receptionists were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is a couple minutes walk from the subway station, airport shuttle, and the police station (how safe!). It's also in the heart of the tourist district making all sightseeing and dining very accessible. I had a twin ensuite and the hostel provided shower slippers, fresh towels each day, and room cleaning daily! I've been to over 15 hostels in 13 countries and this is one of the best value for my money!

• 31st May 2015

Excellent place to stay in Seoul. Staff are extremely approachable and friendly. Helen is awesome! Would definitely go back there the next time I visit Seoul.

It was a nice pleasant hostel in a convenient location. The staff was friendly. Helen was particularly nice, helpful, and is fluent in English. It was nice meeting lots of travelers from all over the world. There could be more room made regarding seating for breakfast in the morning. It would get pretty crowded. The cat is cute but I was not quite impressed with its litter box being right next to the kitchen.

I lived in hostel for 2 night. My room so small.