Insa Hostel Insadong Reviews

48, Insadong 14-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Perfect place to stay, close to everything, and like a home away from home!

Location was in Insadong and so close to the metro. Directions were easy to follow. The staff was super friendly and nice. One of the best breakfast options I've seen in a Seoul hostel. The bathroom was pretty spacious for Seoul, and really clean. The only thing I would caution is this place has a cat, so don't stay here if you have bad animal allergies.

Could improve on the bed linen and breakfast variety. Otherwise everything was fantastic and so was the location and staff.

Excellent facility and location. Staff helpful and spoke English with practical degree of proficiency, one was fluent. Most residents were study abroad students. Lots of amenities. I did wish they had a cloth dryer and shower curtain, but both seemed to be rare in Korea. (Bunk bed was quite firm.) Neighborhood "hip", quiet, clean, and seemingly safe. Sheets were clean and towels were "bleached-white" (and American size). Place looked just like the photos (only not as well lit nor crowded).

What a BRILLIANT place to stay in Seoul! Insa Hostel really is a winner for everything you could want as a tourist to a new city! Ideal location and walkable to the centre of the city. Comfy, clean, quiet, plentiful breakfast, but above all - so friendly. I initially stayed here for 3 nights and then extended it to 12! The staff here geniunely care about the people who come to stay and it makes it feel like a home away from home. Top marks!!

I felt comfortable staying at this hostel as a solo traveler. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I go back to Seoul, I wiil stay at this hostel.

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel owner and receptionists were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is a couple minutes walk from the subway station, airport shuttle, and the police station (how safe!). It's also in the heart of the tourist district making all sightseeing and dining very accessible. I had a twin ensuite and the hostel provided shower slippers, fresh towels each day, and room cleaning daily! I've been to over 15 hostels in 13 countries and this is one of the best value for my money!

• 31st May 2015

Excellent place to stay in Seoul. Staff are extremely approachable and friendly. Helen is awesome! Would definitely go back there the next time I visit Seoul.

It was a nice pleasant hostel in a convenient location. The staff was friendly. Helen was particularly nice, helpful, and is fluent in English. It was nice meeting lots of travelers from all over the world. There could be more room made regarding seating for breakfast in the morning. It would get pretty crowded. The cat is cute but I was not quite impressed with its litter box being right next to the kitchen.

I lived in hostel for 2 night. My room so small.

This is an outstanding hostel run by warm and welcoming people. The location couldn't be better, both for visiting the city and for links to the airport ( the airport limousine bus stop is 3 minutes away). The generous free breakfast and excellent laundry facilities are a real bonus. Top marks, we'll be back.

I had a great stay! Many sites are within walking distance, and the hostel is just a 3min walk from the subway. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, especially Helen who is fluent in English and answered all of our questions. They also booked us a DMZ tour, where a driver picked us up directly at the hostel. New towels and free breakfast provided daily, adapters, locks/lockers were provided. Like most the beds are a little hard, but you definitely get more than your money's worth here!

• 14th Apr 2015

Insa Hostel is ideal for travelers. The room I stayed (4-bed dorm) is very comfortable and clean. Location is excellent and the staff is very, very friendly and helpful. Only drawback is that the room is small. Big people can feel cramped a bit. But in general it is OK because most of the time we are outside traveling.

Very nice and friendly people and cat

Overall I spent more than 10 days at this hostel since I felt really good here the first nights so I prolonged my stay. The staff and the hostel owner are really helping, nice and warm people you can have a good time with. Also the location is central (3 min by foot to Anguk station). Various foods available for breakfast and nice facilities. Next year when I visit Korea again Insa Hostel will be most likely my first choice !!

• 9th Mar 2015

the owner is very kind and friendly (though speaks limited english). Helen (one of staff) is also very cordial and speaks perfect english. having free laundry was really awesome (but you have to line dry clothes). the cat in the common area is also super cute. 10/10 really awesome place to stay! the bathroom is a little awkward though (it's kind of like a wet room). beds are super firm. i ended up extending my stay for 4 nights because the staff are really great!

Compact, clean rooms in an excellent location. Walking distance to many of the major sights in Seoul. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

Can't fault my stay in any way! Had a great nights sleep in a 4 bed dorm to myself and was extremely impressed by the facilities. I love that you can make yourself tea, coffee and breakfast. Thank you for your hospitality!

• 18th Jan 2015