Insa Hostel Insadong Reviews

48, Insadong 14-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Maybe the best hostel I've been so far THOUGH I didn't see a refridgerator for guests. Maybe a minus but I didn't really need one anyway.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Finland

Beware: the owner cannot speak English. I attempted to change rooms with advance notice but was forcefully charged with paying for two rooms, which in turn put me off from doing business here again.

• 11th Jan 2016

First of all, we found this review very unfair. As in many other hostels, we have regulations concerning the use of the rooms. Our check-out time is 11am but you wanted to check out at 10pm while asking for a new room. Secondly, if any of our guests want to change their rooms, their belonging should be moved from the previous rooms ahead of time which didn't happen this time. In closing, we apologize for the language barrier you have encountered but the owner was just following the basic rules we have here at the hostel.

Superb location, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Really enjoy my stay though the room a bit small.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

I had a great time at Insa Hostel! The staff were amazingly friendly and knowledgeable about the local sites. Mr. Kim was a wonderful host and was eager to help all of his guests. I must give special recognition to staffer Helen. She was there to help every guest with a smile on her face!

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel! The staff were really nice and the location was perfect for me. I'll definitely stay here again when I return to Seoul!

My stay at Insa Hostel was awesome! Helen, Kim and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Kim even cooked and served us a special soup on New Year's Day which was delicious! The location is excellent, walking distance to palaces, shopping and a huge selection of restaurants, lovely bakeries and coffee shops Wish I had stayed longer!

• 28th Dec 2015

The staff and location were ideal at Insa. Helen that worked the front desk was always helpful with local tips and pointers and she was always there with a smile, hello, and interest in how our day was. The only downfall we found was the beds were not very comfortable. Other than that it was a great value and great location.

• 24th Dec 2015

One of the greatest hostels i'e ever stayed. All the staff are awesone and also the place is very clean. I totaly recomend it.

Very friendly and accomodating staff, room was a tad small but all we needed. Very clean and towels changed everyday. The area is great, lots of great restaurants, would definitely stay here again.

• 25th Nov 2015

I'm not one to just hand out five star reviews like candy, but they really earned it. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was super friendly. The location was outstanding. The rooms have great views and so does the rooftop patio. The service was closer to a full hotel than an average hostel. They even had thoughtful details I've never seen before, like a luggage scale or a borrowable selfie stick (hey, it's Korea).

• 11th Nov 2015

The staff is very helpful and polite. If you visit Seoul, book that hostel. Very recommendable.

• 11th Nov 2015

Stayed only for two days, the room was clean and tidy and the staff super helpful!

• 30th Oct 2015

I loved my stay! I wish breakfast would be earlier though.

One word... Excellent!

I had an amazing experience at my stay at this hostel. Due to my early morning arrival in Seoul, they accommodated me earlier than expected and helped me with the walkable local attractions. The room was clean and they were very helpful to provide everything you need. They also recommended were to get the best samgyetang in the neighbourhood!!

• 22nd Oct 2015

The staff was so incredibly nice and quite pretty. I will definitely stay there again when I return.

The team is very accommodating and engaging, super friendly and helpful. Always good to have Korean speaking local to assist in tour, flight and accommodation booking to make your life easier. Free laundry and airers are bonus. Will suit people who do not look for partying atmosphere. The only recommendation may be the reading LED in the room can be much dimmer, so that they can be used without disturbing the others. James Chan

This Hostel was excellent. Most of all the staff was very friendly and made you feel at home. This is why I like to stay in hostels.

Defeniteley the best place I have every stayed in while being in Seoul. Very close to Anguk metro station, 2 Minutes from Insadong,but Insadong gets very quiet around 8.30 pm so despit being so centrally located, it's a very quiet neighbourhood. The staff is extremely helpful, provides you with maps, locations etc. Helen even bought us movie tickets online, she's just a delightful person, much like the rest of the staff. Rooms are cleaned and fresh towels provided daily. Highly recommended!

• 5th Oct 2015

The hostels location is pretty good! Very close to the subway and to other sightseeing spots! I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was kind of small. In addition, the sink in bathroom was smelling really bad sometimes. Helen from Insa Hostel were very friendly and helpful! I would recommend the hostel!