Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Max-Brauer-Allee 277, Hamburg, Germany

Schocking!!! I've been in almost 50 hostels around the world and never found anything even similar to that. The rooms are dirty, the floor never been cleaned Our window was broken and in the night it was freezing. The toilet was filled with cockroaches and smelled horribly.The sheets are holed by rats and not cleaned. Until here you can quite expect it. BUT the staff was incredibely rude, refused to talk English and charged us one night more for 40 minutes late check-out. PLEASE DO NOT GO.

Enjoyed the chilled out atmosphere.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

No wifi in the rooms, only in the main lounge. Laundry facilities a big plus! Location was great, walking distance to lots of great nightlife.

• 27th Dec 2013

Nice stay at Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel in Hamburg. I'll surely recommend it to all my friends going to Hamburg.

Nice hostel, in a cool area, grungy with many cool bars etc. Close to publc transport but walkable to places. CLean, friendly, good kitchen, staff are nice, slightly grim.

Nice place with a chilled out atmosphere just north of St Pauli, spacious dorms with decent beds, although a bit noisy on the weekends with the club downstairs and drunken passersby etc. Free tea and coffee with a small but fairly well equipped kitchen, big lounge area as well.

The staff was very rude. The hostel should not hire people that hate attending travelers. The place is quite old and the rooms are creepy. When I got to the dorm I found two mafia-looking couples and it looked like they stayed in the room the whole day drinking. The place is also not close from the subway, so be prepare you have to walk around 15 min. if you want to get out of the area.

I actually did not stay in this hostel, because a friend decided to go to Hamburg after me and there wasn't any bed available anymore. But I called them and asked to cancel the booking and they were very kind and did that straight away. Very good experience.

I wish you would have a better and nicer stuff. Plus, it was the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed!

good things first: the place is very clean and hygienic. and the location is excellent in the heart of the most popular quarter. the bad things: the staff should not be afraid to talk to the customers when they have questions. customers don't bite! and the laundry times from 15:00 to 22:00 might be reconsidered as well, most tourists want to be out in the afternoon hours.

Loved the area near St Pauli great bars