Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Max-Brauer-Allee 277, Hamburg, Germany

One of the best hostels I've been too in 3 weeks of backpacking. So much so that I decided to stay another day. Atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Great little kitchen and close to Lidl to buy food and cheap drink. Very easy to walk to St Pauli which has a lot of culture and is worth supporting!

The Hostel is in the north of an area with many bars and 20 minutes walking time away from the party area around the Reeperbahn. A Supermarket is nearby and the S- and U-Bahn reachable within 10 minutes. Rooms etc. are clean and staff is verry friendly. Lockers are in the room or in the hallway and you get a lock at your arrival. There is a small kitchen with everything you need and a good common room with wifi. Remember to bring ear plugs if you're easy to arouse because of the bar downstairs.

The guy at the reception requested me to give them deposit. She said that they accept only ID (passport / driver's license, student card, etc.) As the only ID that I had that time was passport, I had to give it as a deposit. I felt it was VERY dangerous! Next day, I tried to negotiate another person at the reception if it is possible to have my passport during the daytime. She then told me that they also accept 20 euro as a deposit!! I also don't like the safety problem there.

Stayed for two nights, was very pleased overall. Kitchen was excellent along with good fridge storage, lockers were provided free of charge, Wi-Fi was fast (in the common room), and the staff was very friendly. Moreover, this was bar none the best value hostel I could find at the time of my booking - especially since there was no extra cost for linen or bed covers. Highly recommended.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Finland

The location of the hostel is perfect because it's very close to the bars in Sternschanzen. Also the rooms were very clean as well the toilet and the shower. At night is difficult to sleep due to two bars downstairs who have the music on until late.

Nice stay good friendly staff!

Doesn't look like much but the common room is always a super friendly place which was a big bonus in my opinion. Also each bed had a lamp, wall socket and mini bedside table attached to the wall. Small kitchen and you have to keep re-pushing the taps in the shower as they're timed and don't last long at all.

Good value for money hostel. I stayed in a 3 bed private room with my mom and sister. It was a big and luminous room with ok beds, had to ask for second pillows though since they were quite old and flat. Staff was friendly and helpful, just note that the reception is only open from 9am - 10pm. Houserules say to keep quiet at night but even so there were parties in the common room every night, so not exactly an "instant sleep" kinda hostel. Remember ear plugs.

Interesting place for the amount I pay, very kind (and beautiful) staff member, the only problem is wifi that only works on the lobby. Is not the quite near the center but very close to a metro stration that takes you in two stops to the center. I will come back to this Hostel for sure!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Great place with a nice atmosphere and a wonderful staff. Also, the food place next door makes some pretty damn good chicken.

it was really nice that there was a small kitchen and a refrigerator and freezer to put some stuff in

Nice hostel in a really great location! Most important places in Hamburg are in walking distance, including the going-out-areas. Hostel was overall clean, staff friendly and helpful. The Wi-Fi doesn't work in the rooms however, you have to go to the main room, and the lockers in the room, only on the floor. Still a hostel I would recommend, you get what you need for little money.

Really cool place! Decent location, close to S bahn. Sadly no wifi in the rooms but the common area was excellent, large and nicely decorated/ artsy. Small kitchen but clean. Showers had to be pushed on every 5 seconds but the 12 mixed dorm was very spacious, and lockers just outside. Would definitely recommend!

The wifi connection is not stable sometimes, so better fix it. Also, there is no fan in the room which makes the room stuffy, fans are better equipped.

Lovely place, but NOTE: Reception is only open from 9am to 10pm. Keep that in mind when booking your transportation to and from the hostel.

This hostel is quite cool and I enjoyed my stay here. But I've had to give it a low rating due to there being no wifi available during my whole stay. One morning I asked the guy at reception to check the weather for me as they had internet on their computer and he wouldn't. To have no internet what so ever for someone's whole stay is ridiculous, a discount should have been offered due to lack of such a crucial facility

The service was very good as also the atmosphere, but the internet in their WiFi didn't worked.

showers could have offered more privacy. music selection in the common room could be more varied. Our first day it was 1 song on repeat ALL day

Hot water didn't work the first day I was there, and wasn't fixed till the next. my room was given away because I was an hour late so I got put into a closet on the side with unfinished walls and ceilings. No wifi, and the staff leaves at 20:00 so the bar snacks and guidance are all gone. Have been recommending people avoid this place since

Great little hostel, friendly staff and a decent location, close to shops, bars, restaurants and train stations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3