Interhostel Reviews

Kammakargatan 46, Stockholm, Sweden

One should know, that they charge 50kr extra for bedlinen - even if you have a sleeping bag, you still have to take their linen. Also, I was in a six-bed girls dorm, where there was no window. Alcohol is not allowed at all. In general, the hostel is ok, but somehow not a very comfy atmosphere.

it's well located and clean in general. Good value for money.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Spain

There was no security at the hostel and people could walk in and out practically all the time, the poor cleaning staff having to deal with the mess left by inconsiderate people, finding half eaten plates of food all over the common area, the absolute mess left in the showers. Finding that the hostel, which are catered for young travellers, full of seedy old men leering at young women and young families in dorms. Lying about facilities online, adding extra charges once there, worst hostel ever.

I particularly liked the lady at the reception. She knows how to handle "problematic types" :-)

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

the atmosphere was poor, very dark. A lot of middle aged men everywhere? Made me feel uncomfortable. Staff at desk not very friendly. Would not stay here again

Room was ok, but you have to pay for bed linen at 50SEK each which is expensive. Heater was broken in the room and the atmosphere wasn't friendly. Wouldnt stay here again, nor would I recommend.

It's very bad idea the kitchen closes at 11.00 a.m.

Worst hostel ever... dirty, unsafe.. full of dangerous people.. someone got stolen there.. very bad

If you are a broke ass student like me then this place is good. If you have any kind of standards like cleaness, not bad smell, nice and engaging staff, quietness during night time then I recommend somewhere else. However the location is really nice.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel really makes you feel right at home... If you just escaped from a mental asylum! Majority of people seem like they live there and they tend to either steal or beg for your food. It has the atmosphere of a morgue, we left early because there was no way we would stay there for new years eve. The stairway smelt like someone had smeared feces on the wall and noone ever washed their dishes. There are also no windows in the entire hostel. Decent showers.

The location of the hostel was perfect! An easy walk from the train station, and pubs and bars. Located on a quieter street but still right in the heart of everything. We had a private room for 4 of us but met many other travellers, all who were super friendly and also loved the hostel. The set up and facilities were great. It was very clean.

Very nice hostel, its clean and cheap. Also the recepcionist is very pretty and a good girl, she help me when i need it.

• 19th Dec 2015

I was unable to check in since there was no staff even though I arrrived during official check-in times. I waited for as long as I could and called but still not possible.

We felt very uncomfortable, because there were strange and drunken people in our room. Also they try to get as much people in their hostle as it´s possible. It already smell like exhausted and disgusting air.

• 27th Nov 2015

Facilities were good and clean. However the place has more permanent tennants which change the atmosphere and make it slightly uncomfortable.

The staff was not friendly, rude, they charge for everything( sheets and key), crappy pillows and matress, the top bed is so hot you cant sleep. The reception counter is never open, there are no facilities or space, the location is average, it has many expensive restaurants near but not the cheap or simple ones. And the worst thing is that the toillet paper it eas sand paper, for two days there was no toillet paper!

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Venezuela

Friendly staff, beds are comfortable, cozy rooms, showers include free soap/body wash, wifi works fine, and cool urban art decor.

Staff seemed was rushed which made them a tad rude.

Was looking forward to staying in the hostel on my trip to Stockholm until I got there and encountered the rudest receptionist I've ever dealt with. She took my money at the counter for the stay in Swedish Krona and then charged my card as well through the hostel world site. When I called the next day regarding what I thought was an "error" I received nothing but sarcastic remarks and told I would not have my money refunded. I paid for two nights because of her error. Dirty business.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The hostel is well located near one of the main shopping streets and quite close to the central station and the old town tourist centre. The atmosphere was a bit different with quite a lot of long term stayers as opposed to travellers staying, so felt a bit awkward at times in the common areas with a lot of middle aged men around. The kitchen facilities were good with space for a lot of people to cook at once. The bathrooms were quite good. And the dorms were a bit small, but quite ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3