Interhostel Reviews

Kammakargatan 46, Stockholm, Sweden

It was ok for one night. Not far from the city center, but the bathrooms were smelling bad, a clear sign of poor cleanliness.

Do not stay here if you enjoy a friendly face or even an open reception when you arrive., The staff only care that you have paid for your linen (extra cost). We stayed here for 3 days & every day there was people waiting for over an hour just to check in. There is absolutely no security people a just trapsing in & out as they please the reception don't even batter an eyelid. One night 1am the chick on reception came & woke our whole room up because we were in the wrong numbered beds in our room.

Three separate wifi networks and none would work between about 7pm and 11pm! Due to to many people trying to use them I think. This meant that we couldn't plan our activities for the next day. You must bring your own bedlinen or rent for 50 kronor, which I didn't realise when booking. The beds were very comfortable but the room was really bright at night - windows facing out onto main street with only frosted glass, no curtains.

The reception does not look nice. There are no windows in the hostel, it's dark and the walls have weird decorations. The reception staff are very slow and not that welcoming. The luggage room is right by the front entrance and far from the reception and we often found it was unlocked so anyone could come from the street and grab a bag. However the rooms are clean and the bathrooms and showers are really nice. I would recommend it for a short stay but it's overall quite depressing.

Localization is good also clean spaces. Unfortunately, I took my own bed sheets and towel and the next morning they disapier, I talked with a cleaning lady and almost everything was found, this because they have letters for each person but some people don't follow and next day they take off all of your stuffs because this bed could be reserved. Also to use lockers is necessary to have swedish coins or padlock. Free coffee in the morning !

Wifi was very poor, only worked in the uncomfortable lounge area. Staff was great and very helpful, rooms left much to be desired, but if you need the only cheap place in Sweden, you've found it! Right in between two very busy and lively streets, and not a far walk to old town either.

Cheap, nice kitchen.

Nothing special as far as hostels go, just remember to bring a towel and sheets. They cost almost as much as one nights stay

Good location, nice lay out, unfortunately the staff was not friendly or willing to help, it's a shame due to the beautiful city that Stockholm is and that the staff does not help you or give you recommendations Showers even have mildew accumulated on the corners, I was there for 3 days and the same trash was on the floor of one of the showers Too bad

Great location, I was able to walk EVERYWHERE! I only took tram once to get to the museums. Security was okay, all the doors have to be locked by the key and hence the door to my room was constantly unlocked. Not the fault of the hostel apart from the fact they could get automatic locking doors like most hostels. Staff were okay, they were rather understaffed as others have reviewed and they did not know too much about the area or many places to go out apart from a small map with the local shops

Rooms had lockers. Facilities were alright. Could get very noisy at night though.

The entire hostel smelled weird, and the room was so cramped I literally couldn't walk through. Staff weren't friendly and reception was closed more often than not as the girls "had a break". Cleaner woke me up coming into the room at 11am cleaning and talking on her phone. More of a long term stay hostel for students or people between housing than for a traveller. Not a social atmosphere. No wifi in the room, and it was spotty in the common area as well. Good kitchen though.

This was my first time in a hostel and this was definitely much better than I expected. I had zero issues regarding cleanliness like other reviewers did, in light that it looked very well maintained. The staff wasn't extremely outgoing but they got the job done efficiently. Security isn't an issue as long is your bag is small enough to fit into the lockers (most backpacks should work). My main issue was that our room needed better ventilation, it got quite hot and stuffy.

Good location, very clean! Rooms where very stuffy with no ventilation but the mattress was nice a thick!

Impossible to sleep at night, super hot temperature No windows in the room, no ventilation system Awful staying, not recommended

They provide free coffee. I think it is a very good thing in this expensive city. The location is considered near to city when compared to others hostel. Recommended! :)

Great hostel, didn't have any major issues!

Rooms without windows and ventilation..!!

The rooms are very warm since there are no windows in the rooms, the lockers need a lock pad so if you dont carry one then you have to buy it in the hostel because they dont lend them which is pitty, it is not allowed to drink in the hostel which for some people its sad...

For the price you are paying, it does not get better. Location was great. Check in/out procedure standardized and efficient. Beds uncomfortable, but conditioning on the price it is what one would expect.

• 18th Aug 2015