Interhostel Reviews

Kammakargatan 46, Stockholm, Sweden

Not many stuff,the place was a bit doggy and I found a weird atmosphere. Internet wasn't working and when I asked for help to a young lady she didn't care and pay attention. When I arrived there they charged me extra 50 seek over the price to borrow me the sheets. I didn't read this when I was booking it and I think it's a trick to robe your money. This information should be visible in the booking website... I felt cheated. NOT COMING BACK THERE NEVER AGAIN!

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Spain

Smelled awful in the 12 bed dorm, mainly from the long term residents. Would not return, not worth the cheap price.

Very average, verging on poor hostel. The majority of guests appeared to be long term residents, not travellers which meant there wasn't a great atmosphere. Though conversations with the resident drunk were entertaining, they was not what we was looking for in our stay.

it is the cheapest hostel in Stockholm :)

Not impressed with this hostel at all. The other reviews stated that it was a great hostel, and it also won an award for being the best hostel in Stockholm. It was a hostel. That's all. Too cramped. Not the cleanest. Smelled damp in the rooms. The staff wasn't that helpful either, and some seemed in a general bad mood.

Nice and helpfull staf. On the other side: it is rather difficult to find the street, if you arrive in the middle of the night at the central station in Stockholm. It's like they rebuild the buildings of the station continually.

Staff was incredibly rude and it was pretty dirty everywhere. Plus my room didn't have any windows... Which was a weird feeling. Lots of people hanging out right outside the rooms all throughout which is quite irritating at 4am on a Tuesday when you are trying to sleep.

nice hostel! near to the centre of the city, big, clean and new kitchen. the room are clean and nice too!

The staff was very apathetic (except for the nice "security" guy), and dorms very cramped (you had to leave your bag outside the room if it couldn't fit under the bed). Atmosphere was not that lively either, so definitely not a party hostel, but otherwise alright :)

It's a big hostel, so you'll definitely meet some people. Staff is nice, only thing is that the beds are creaking which kept me out of sleep sometimes.

• 15th Jan 2015

Penny-pinching hostel, smelly, dismal atmosphere, jail-like rules signs posted all through welcoming area & staff was robotic... Booked with this hostel, and showed up to pay the remainder of the fee. Had no problem paying. I then realized that I double-booked with another hostel within 30 minutes of making the payment. Returned to hostel and kindly requested that the transaction be cancelled. The receptionist pointed me to a 24hr cancellation policy. I felt cheated and left.

• 15th Jan 2015

Good hostel, but they charge for linen and the reception closes everyday way too early.

We chose Interhostel for its price and location and neither of these aspects let us down. But we received a horrendous 'welcome' we received from a brunette receptionist who was not only unhelpful, but rude. The 'humorous' sexist signs 'decorating' the hostel made all the women I spoke to in the hostel very uncomfortable, and the similarly 'humorous' 'no complaining' signs at reception were super unwelcoming. The basic lock system on rooms meant the hostel felt very unsafe. Would not recommend.

I read a lot of the comments before booking this hostel, and I was definitely surprised that the hostel was as nice as it was. The hostel was very clean, there were always plenty of showers available, the staff was nice, and there were places both upstairs and downstairs to sit and talk to other people staying in the hostel. The kitchens are nice, which is great since food is expensive in Stockholm. The one complaint I read that I can say was true is that there are some offensive posters.

• 29th Dec 2014

Realy dirty, small spaces, the internet connection is not stable, the use keys instead codes for get in the room, you have to let a deposit of 100 sek for the room key but the worst is the staff, the staf is not helful but overall really grumpy. I have been in most of the Stockholm hostels and this is the worst, in fact I left the hostel before of finish my reservation.

I stayed there for a night, the hostel was clean and the facilities were quite new and in good conditions, just i didn't like that they charged me 50 Krone extra for the sheets and also staff was quite unfriendly and cold, both girls were like that and they should probably do a different job. For exemple they seemed annoyed that i leave baggage the successfull day until 6 pm...

i had difficulties to find the hostel in the morning, but i couldnt reach anybody by phone, since the staff wasnt there yet. but they are really nice and help me with all my stuff. also i had several people in my room, who rented the bedlinen but did not use it! it is quite unhygenic! also the common room was not that nice

• 16th Dec 2014

I don't know if he's the manager or owner or what but a very very unfriendly Russian (?) man ruined our experience there. I was shocked at his behavior and found it so unwelcoming we will never go back. The facilities were fine, though the walls are covered in many random and pretty offensive posters. Very unsocial place and more for older people. We stayed at city backpackers the next night.. just around the corner and loved it!!

Room with no window - very scary! But very clean hostel and good shower!

• 6th Dec 2014

I read a lot of comments about rude staff before I booked but actually the staff were kind and helpful to me. The common areas are pretty dirty and smelly but the rooms are nice, the shower on my floor was broken which was annoying. I also find it ridiculous we had to pay to 'rent' bedding as surely that should be included in the price of any room beforehand? Even though the dorm doors have locks they are always unlocked so not no.1 in security but the location is good and easy to find

• 6th Dec 2014