Interhostel Reviews

Kammakargatan 46, Stockholm, Sweden

Facilities were good and clean. However the place has more permanent tennants which change the atmosphere and make it slightly uncomfortable.

The staff was not friendly, rude, they charge for everything( sheets and key), crappy pillows and matress, the top bed is so hot you cant sleep. The reception counter is never open, there are no facilities or space, the location is average, it has many expensive restaurants near but not the cheap or simple ones. And the worst thing is that the toillet paper it eas sand paper, for two days there was no toillet paper!

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Venezuela

Friendly staff, beds are comfortable, cozy rooms, showers include free soap/body wash, wifi works fine, and cool urban art decor.

Staff seemed was rushed which made them a tad rude.

Was looking forward to staying in the hostel on my trip to Stockholm until I got there and encountered the rudest receptionist I've ever dealt with. She took my money at the counter for the stay in Swedish Krona and then charged my card as well through the hostel world site. When I called the next day regarding what I thought was an "error" I received nothing but sarcastic remarks and told I would not have my money refunded. I paid for two nights because of her error. Dirty business.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The hostel is well located near one of the main shopping streets and quite close to the central station and the old town tourist centre. The atmosphere was a bit different with quite a lot of long term stayers as opposed to travellers staying, so felt a bit awkward at times in the common areas with a lot of middle aged men around. The kitchen facilities were good with space for a lot of people to cook at once. The bathrooms were quite good. And the dorms were a bit small, but quite ok.

Good location and relatively cheap. But it compensates by the fact that it an "army" type of hostel - no coziness, just sleep there. Service is very not is European but post-USSR style which means less care about travelers. Recommended as a cheap stay in a good location

No wifi all night, stuffy rooms, not at all recommended. and this is something coming from me, as I generally tend to assist no matter what. .

A lady left here product somewhere in the frig and someone took it. She never found it because it's a big hostel. So watch your stuff. Also, the common area is pretty small but they compensate by having smaller scattered ones on the other floors. You lose the opportunity to meet people by this architectural strategy though. Other than that, it's fine. If you like waking up to sunlight go somewhere else. There are no windows. So the box you sleep in is just as black as it was when you fell asleep

Hostel was great in terms of all the facilities and layout of place. The only thing that made me a little nervous was that there seemed to be a lot of older men who were living there that gave me (as a female and uncomfortable feeling). Other than that, the hostel was fantastic

Nice place, good staff and atmosphere ..

It was ok for one night. Not far from the city center, but the bathrooms were smelling bad, a clear sign of poor cleanliness.

Do not stay here if you enjoy a friendly face or even an open reception when you arrive., The staff only care that you have paid for your linen (extra cost). We stayed here for 3 days & every day there was people waiting for over an hour just to check in. There is absolutely no security people a just trapsing in & out as they please the reception don't even batter an eyelid. One night 1am the chick on reception came & woke our whole room up because we were in the wrong numbered beds in our room.

Three separate wifi networks and none would work between about 7pm and 11pm! Due to to many people trying to use them I think. This meant that we couldn't plan our activities for the next day. You must bring your own bedlinen or rent for 50 kronor, which I didn't realise when booking. The beds were very comfortable but the room was really bright at night - windows facing out onto main street with only frosted glass, no curtains.

The reception does not look nice. There are no windows in the hostel, it's dark and the walls have weird decorations. The reception staff are very slow and not that welcoming. The luggage room is right by the front entrance and far from the reception and we often found it was unlocked so anyone could come from the street and grab a bag. However the rooms are clean and the bathrooms and showers are really nice. I would recommend it for a short stay but it's overall quite depressing.

Localization is good also clean spaces. Unfortunately, I took my own bed sheets and towel and the next morning they disapier, I talked with a cleaning lady and almost everything was found, this because they have letters for each person but some people don't follow and next day they take off all of your stuffs because this bed could be reserved. Also to use lockers is necessary to have swedish coins or padlock. Free coffee in the morning !

Wifi was very poor, only worked in the uncomfortable lounge area. Staff was great and very helpful, rooms left much to be desired, but if you need the only cheap place in Sweden, you've found it! Right in between two very busy and lively streets, and not a far walk to old town either.

Cheap, nice kitchen.

Nothing special as far as hostels go, just remember to bring a towel and sheets. They cost almost as much as one nights stay

Good location, nice lay out, unfortunately the staff was not friendly or willing to help, it's a shame due to the beautiful city that Stockholm is and that the staff does not help you or give you recommendations Showers even have mildew accumulated on the corners, I was there for 3 days and the same trash was on the floor of one of the showers Too bad

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4