Interhostel Reviews

Kammakargatan 46, Stockholm, Sweden

I don't know if he's the manager or owner or what but a very very unfriendly Russian (?) man ruined our experience there. I was shocked at his behavior and found it so unwelcoming we will never go back. The facilities were fine, though the walls are covered in many random and pretty offensive posters. Very unsocial place and more for older people. We stayed at city backpackers the next night.. just around the corner and loved it!!

Room with no window - very scary! But very clean hostel and good shower!

• 6th Dec 2014

I read a lot of comments about rude staff before I booked but actually the staff were kind and helpful to me. The common areas are pretty dirty and smelly but the rooms are nice, the shower on my floor was broken which was annoying. I also find it ridiculous we had to pay to 'rent' bedding as surely that should be included in the price of any room beforehand? Even though the dorm doors have locks they are always unlocked so not no.1 in security but the location is good and easy to find

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Good =) It was a 10 min walk from the central station and as soon as I'd figured out in what direction to start moving, it was pretty straightforward. I liked the fact that they had 2 kitchens. Free tea and coffee! Although the common room wasn't the best, it was quite small and you felt a bit crammed, no windows. Nice people and nice receptionist.GOOD WIFI!! =) Computers. The showers / toilets were very clean. Thin walls. Bring earplugs if sensitive. Close to food and shops. Luggage room.

This hostel was good overall! Bathrooms were clean and kitchen was nice. The lockers only fit a small rucksack and don't have locks though. And you also have to hire linen, but you can bring your own. Good enough value for money :)

• 1st Dec 2014

The staff was extremely rude!! The blond girl at the reception was very arrogant and did not feel like it was part of her job at all to help the guests by giving information on Stockholm. Even at the check-in it took her the biggest effort to let go a little smile. I felt extremely unwelcome because of this girl and will never go back to this hostel again. This is not what hospitality is about...

• 17th Nov 2014

Need to improve with complementary food serve in tea coffee area too.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • India

The staff member on the desk was not very friendly or helpful during check in. Had to pay for linen which is unusual as I have stayed at many hostels in Europe. The atmosphere seemed dull and the decor was pretty average.

Hostel was in an excellent location, and the dorm rooms were in good condition. The free coffee was a plus, but the prices given we stayed in a dorm could be a little more competitive.. otherwise a good place to stay.

Nice place. You have to pay for bedding which is annoying. And the rooms have no windows.

Hi ! We are sorry that you did not get a room with the window, but next time make sure you leave a comment in your booking about the window ;) Hope to see you again in Stockholm! Take care & kind regards Your Interhostel team

The location at the hostel is the only point I can regard to recommed this hostel. The staff was really rude, when i got there, they ask me if I have sheets with me because otherwise i had to pay for them. I didn´t have cash at the moment, and the lady told me, after 5 min arguing that i could leave an ID and pick it up when I check out. So I did it, and it was another girl at the front desk who told me to that i still had to pay for the sheets. All of the other girl told me didn´t work the day

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Spain

A decent hostel with all facilities for this prize, however the atmosphere could be better.

• 31st Oct 2014

We actually got bumped up to a better bed and the staff were very kind!

Hi ! Its awesome that you had a good experience in Interhostel! Hope to see you again in Stockholm! Take care & kind regards Your Interhostel team

One of the girls at reception wasn't very helpful. Room smelt disgusting (although I think that was a guest). For the price it's fine, nothing special, location is ok. It seems to be full of older Russian men which is a little off putting and kills the vibe in the common area. Could be a good hostel just not quite there.

location was good and it was clean. In the showers there was no space to put your personal belongings so in fact everyone could take it with the while u take a shower. the rooms are a bit small but it's ok.

The location is little bit far from central station, the room is small and poor internet connection. but, it has nice clean kitchen, friendly staff and the location Is near from coop/grocery shop and restaurants.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Firstly, we nearly wait for half an hour to check in, the people in the reception desk just asked us waiting while she did other things!! Secondly, you can hear the noise from the hall when in my own room, Thirdly, there is no lock in the bath room, I think it is a little not safe.

The stairs smelled like someone had vomited the night before and the smell has still there the next day.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

good hostel for the price and the position in stockholm!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hi ! Its awesome that you had a good experience at Interhostel! Hope to see you again in Stockholm! Take care & kind regards Your Interhostel team

We stayed in an 8 bed dorm for two nights and the room was cozy and clean. The staff was friendly and the location of the hostel is excelent as all the sights are within walking distance. The showers were clean, the toilets a little less.The only bad thing was the awful smell in the hallways which luckily did not get into the rooms. I would also recommend earplugs as the beds are extremely squeaky. Another great thing is free luggage storage until 7 pm on check out day. Great value for money!

• 3rd Oct 2014