Interhostel Reviews

Kammakargatan 46, Stockholm, Sweden

This was my first time in a hostel and this was definitely much better than I expected. I had zero issues regarding cleanliness like other reviewers did, in light that it looked very well maintained. The staff wasn't extremely outgoing but they got the job done efficiently. Security isn't an issue as long is your bag is small enough to fit into the lockers (most backpacks should work). My main issue was that our room needed better ventilation, it got quite hot and stuffy.

• 29th Aug 2015

They provide free coffee. I think it is a very good thing in this expensive city. The location is considered near to city when compared to others hostel. Recommended! :)

The rooms are very warm since there are no windows in the rooms, the lockers need a lock pad so if you dont carry one then you have to buy it in the hostel because they dont lend them which is pitty, it is not allowed to drink in the hostel which for some people its sad...

For the price you are paying, it does not get better. Location was great. Check in/out procedure standardized and efficient. Beds uncomfortable, but conditioning on the price it is what one would expect.

• 18th Aug 2015

Overall this hostel was fine. Ok location, friendly staff. However the major issue is security. Rooms were often left unlocked (not the hostels fault) but as we left at 5am we were stopped by a girl who had just wandered in off the street (not a guest) who asked if our bed was free because she was tired, to which she then went into our room. With no staff on call we couldnt do anything. Kitchen is a disaster zone. A hostel that size needs more facilities.

The hostel is okay to stay at, but that's that. I found the hostel to be understaffed. Long lines for every question you had to ask and no time for a chat or some information about the city (it was high-season though). Very good kitchen and enough bathrooms, but a pitty you had to pay for everything seperately, even for sheets.

No window in the room! Smelly and hot, six bunk beds were crammed into a tiny room barely larger than a closet. Two showers were out of order. No toilet paper in one bathroom, and it never was replaced. This hostel has a terrible atmosphere and nobody speaks to each other in the common room. Would never recommend to stay here, disgusting experience.

• 13th Aug 2015

Security was an issue. Anybody could walk into the hostel when there was nobody at the reception. The kitchen was good and you could use the facilities before checking time if you had a reservation, including the shower.

When you're inside the hostel it's easy to lose track of time because everything is very dimly lit and the whole building doesn't have a lot of windows (or clocks). Where I'm from all rooms are required to have windows so this was hard for me to get used to. Other than that, everything was fine.

If you're looking for a cheap to stay and don't care about the rest, you'll be fine with interhostel Personally, I expected a bit more and I really didn't enjoy my stay there. I found the atmosphere quite weird: other poeple were overall not very friendly and I couldn't meet poeple to eat or to go out with. Also, when they say the check in is at 14.00, they're really not kidding.. I arrived at 13:40 and the lady asked me to wait till 14:00, although she obviously didn't have much to do...

Nice place to stay, the common area is not so big, but you still manage to met some people or have a chat. I liked that they reant bikes, although not the best ones....but is still ok. Few bathrooms for so many people.

Value for money, good location (easy walk from the railway station). Overall clean and secure hostel. The 6 bed dorm without proper AC was too small so the room's air got a bit stuffy and it was hot inside. You have to pay extra for sheets. Nice atmosphere and cool decoration.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Facilities were amazing, staff friendly and great atmosphere. Its a must.

The location of Interhostel is excellent, and the showers were nice and clean. The bathrooms near room 37 could use some work; there was visible mold on the counters and it ran out of toilet paper for long periods of time. We also tried to do laundry several times and were never able to.

The main issues was around the 8 beedroom to few space to move and also the showers were full of water no cleaning way to move around.

The rooms have no window and its horrible in the summer nights with 5 more people and just one fan. The bathrooms were Ok but the refrigerators were full with old food, there was almost no space (it felt like nobody cares about them). There were people sleeping in the common rooms, so I guessed anyone can get in and and there is no control or security. The free coffe in the morning is terrible =/

Many showers, could be more toilets as well. I didn't use kitchen, but it looked quite good. Excellent location. Luggage room way too small and sometimes it would be good to have more staff in the reception.

no windows in the room or air condition, no real atmosphere. but it was clean. if you just need a place to sleep it is good option.

• 2nd Aug 2015

I was robbed when someone came into my room an d stole all my euros kroner and dollars I had gotten caught in a storm and was a bed and very sick. On one of my emergency trips down the hall to the toilet, my room unlocked, someone entered my room and grabbed my fanny pack with all my cash. They did leave me my credit card and passport. I reported to the police and they requested the surveillance tapes which t he hostel claims to have . They don,t Food was continually disappearing

• 28th Jul 2015

Even though the front-doors were supposed to close at 22:00 they were practicly always open. The door to our room was seldomly locked aswell, but fortuneately there's lockers in the rooms (though not one for every bed). It's very close to everything in Stockholm centre, but still a bit away so you avoid the noises when you want to sleep. The shared toilets weren't very clean, the one in the room was better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4