International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1935 Total Reviews

Be careful on the stairs and the WiFi doesn't really work in the rooms.

The right place for 7 guys. Everything was OK. The lounge was very comfortable. Staff was very helpful and polite. Should I recommend this place to others? Is the best that you could find for the price and what it offers. Very clean place. Gerti

Very basic place, and lacking personality, but clean, cheap and well located.

Staff was very friendly but I didn't like that the pillow cases or duvet covers were not switched after a new guest came.

• 27th Feb 2015

Great place to stay!! Staff was awesome and the dig was f****** awesome! Highly recommend staying in there apartment

• 16th Feb 2015

The clean staff was very nice, but they woke up us all the mornings making a lot of noise to clean and speaking loud. I know clean is very important part, but young people in Amsterdam usually want to sleep a little bit more, not be wake in the morning. And more than one time staff woke us up asking if we should make the check out, and we would stay more two days there. We love the hostel and everybody was very nice, we just think that staff could try not wake up everybody in the morning hehehe

• 15th Feb 2015

Nice staff, nice rooms, nice locations. A shame we have to RENT the lock for the lockers.

Don't come here if you're not looking to smoke copious amounts of weed. The smoke room filters all through the hostel, so it's pretty difficult to escape. While the upgrade in facilities is welcome, the tradesman installing a bathroom fan on the wall while standing on my bed is not.

I enjoyed the location and the very NEW bathroom. The room and the beds were correct, confortable. The BIG NEGATIVE point: there was a scary guy in the room, he seemed to be under mushrooms, and he talked for hours alone, saying stuff like "f**king bloody room" or "f**king son, i'll kill you", while we were trying to sleep (after 1am). I couldn't sleep because I didn't feel safe: he was on the bed just on my side. By the way at some point he felt on me... The STRANGER hostel NIGHT IN MY LIFE!

rooms are cozy, smoking room has TV and comfy sofas. due to construction our room was full of dust and we slept in dusty sheets but besides that it was enjoyable. location is very close to leidseplein and vondelpark.btw they charged first night's price from my credit card in case of we don't show up but they didn't return it back yet

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

they didnt give my deposit. they got a unresponsible staff

It was a nice enough hostel, but i felt there wasn't much of an atmosphere, however it seemed that a lot of people were in the smoking room getting high. It was functional, but unless you're doing weed you wont find much of an atmosphere.

The most what we (me and my friends) liked about this hostel was the location and super nice attitude from staff. Although hostel was really narrow and some of us were too big for it :) , we enjoyed staying in this place.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

We were welcomed with arms wide open and were provided with one of the newly refurbished rooms on the uppermost floor. The steps are challenging but certainly rewarding. In our room, we didn't have the standard bunk beds but comfortable single beds and had access to the new shower room. We suggest that hooks are put in so one's towel isn't drenched by the shower! It would also be useful if the wifi is strengthened in the top floors. We have stayed in this hostel before and would certainly return

We were charged 5% tax on arrival. The room was alright although the sheets were stained. The hostel itself was under construction so there was dust everywhere, the construction men started in the morning and woke us up. The hostel outside of our room smelled strongly of pot and tobacco. For 20Euros a night, I expected better. I was able to get into the room once without a key card. The bathrooms were gross and the showers were either boiling hot or ice cold. The wifi was slow.

Can't complain. Hostel was clean, made some friends, great location... It served its purpose well. I also liked the cat!

We stay 2 days during christmas holidays and the room is good, the cleanliness is good and the bathroom its average, is a good hostel. Has wi-fi and pc with free access and smoking area.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Spain

No bar. Crazy stairs. Somehow staff lost something regarding my payment and it took about 20 minutes to get my €40 deposit back at check-out. Great location.

Nice little hostel in a good location - beds were extremely comfy and the toilets clean. However not impressed with the work being done on the facilities on each floor which started at 8am with what sounded like drills coming through the wall right beside our heads! Great that they're improving, but some sort of notice would have helped alleviate the serious annoyance of some serious drilling early in the morning. Please think of that in the future!

this hostel was excellent. the staff was very helpful and attentive! I Had a perfect vication in this hostel.

• 17th Dec 2014