International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Wonderful place to stay for a few days & to explore the whole city! Special thanks to the staff of the International-Budget-Hostel that helped us with every question we had. We are looking forward to the next stay :)

• 10th Apr 2014

Such a warm and charming place to stay so close to the heart of the city. Nice lounge to hang out and make new friends. Comfortably recommended.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Had a great time at the hostel, extremely helpful and friendly staff. The facilities were good and the location was amazing just around the corner from Leidesplein which had plenty of places to eat and famous coffee shops. I have stayed in many hostels in Europe and this was one of the best...the name doesn't do it justice!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome hostel I was very impressed. The lounge is great with an awesome view over the canal. And the location is perfect. You can literally walk to anything.

• 20th Mar 2014

Arrived hours early an the staff were very helpful and sorted out room out extra early. Rooms were basic but clean and just what was needed. All in all staff friendly. Rooms clean and basic. 15 min walk to town. If you don't get lost would reccomend.

The hostel is really good. It's located in the city center and has got nice facilities. The room I got was super clean. It also has got a smoking room where people gather and chill. It's awesome.

Friendly place, with a really big stoned cat.

• 16th Mar 2014

Security=100 Location=far from city Staff=friendly & helpful Atmosphere=very poor as I don't smoke Cleanliness=good Facilities=Hot water,fridge & M-wave oven,need ask receptionist do 4 u Value of $=PISSED-OFF. My booking was CANCELLED as they said my credit card couldn't be charged & emailed me without respond BUT Hostelworld.com could charge when booking online. Told room still available BUT to be charged more. fighting 4 same price finally BUT 2nd night sleep in 4-bed room with 2 unknown guys.

I am from The United States and I did not enjoy my stay. This hostel was not an ideal resting place for my Amsterdam Experience. I kept walking past the hostel because I wasn't sure if it was the right place. There was not a 24 hours reception help desk. The water in the shower was slowly coming out. The hallway to the room felt unsafe and they also didn't have an emergency exit.

• 26th Feb 2014

Close to everything, staff is great, beds are ok, bathrooms are not the cleanest ones and toillets are really small. I've just stayed one night so it was great deal !! But the first stairs are really really straight and 'vertical' so it makes difficult to go up with your luggage...

The place and my stay was super! The toilettes were very good, the showers could be better but it was ok. A little light at every bed would be great, so you don't wake up everybody when you come into the room. Thank u very much! See you the next time

• 20th Feb 2014

Dear guest Thank you for staying with us. If you ask the reception the give the small light. ibh staff

Had some minor issues with the key card, but these little slip ups can be expected when going for somewhere cheap. Other than some waiting around on arrival and check-out, we got what we needed - comfortable bed, clean hot showers, lockers, etc. Staff were patient and helpful. The smell from the smoking room was noticeable in the halls, thankfully not in the rooms. Good place to stay, but I wouldn't hang out there for too long. Thanks for everything.

Unreliable check in time..

Dear guest Our check in time is at 9e clock you arrive 4.30 in the morning this time there was no possibility to check in. If we had the beds we Always give it but we was also fully booked. but still you went in and wait in the lobby. Normally we also dont do this. regards ibh

I guess it felt a little unsafe since it was just myself with another girl friend when we didn't know if we were rooming with males or females, but I think it would definitely be worth it if we were a bigger group/mixed group. Fortunately our three other roommates turned out to be females too so it felt a lot safer.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Katerina one of the clerks was awesome to me, very helpful and friendly. Stairs are real bad here, I have about 80lbs of gear, had to bend over and duck as I climbed up the stairs, steps themselves are very narrow, half my foot would hang over the edge on the first 2 floors. Reception area is small, "Ganja" room is right next to reception. Expect a contact high if you hang out in reception to eat. They will keep your food in their fridge. Bathrooms and showers is cramped, but kept clean.

Staff very friendly. Nice friendly atmosphere, excellent location: you can walk everywhere. Beds were relatively comfortable, bathrooms were clean. Internet doesn't work very well in rooms, but it does in common room. It's totally worth the money you pay.

Great place to meet people from all over the world. Excellent location, and a great "smoking" room. Staff were friendly and the facilities were clean. Would have been nice for somewhere to sit and eat.

• 9th Feb 2014

Perfect location , excellent value for money but we stayed 2 nights

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Greece

The International budget Hostel, as the name says, is a very good hostel if you are planning just find a place to sleep and leave your stuffs when you are in Amsterdan. It's very good localized and cheap. The internet is ok and the rooms have space enough to transit when it is full of people. The only thing it was not good was the room 1 that was smeling a little bad.

The hostel was good. There was an extra tax we did not know about before coming (around 7 euro for our group, we were 5). Only 1 working shower for the whole floor (around 5 rooms I think). Cleanliness was ok. Otherwise everything ok. not far from the city center and in a pretty quiet neighbourhood.

Please read confirmation emails next time and you will know if you must pay extra tax or not. Nice to have you here, thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3