International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1910 Total Reviews

they didnt give my deposit. they got a unresponsible staff

It was a nice enough hostel, but i felt there wasn't much of an atmosphere, however it seemed that a lot of people were in the smoking room getting high. It was functional, but unless you're doing weed you wont find much of an atmosphere.

The most what we (me and my friends) liked about this hostel was the location and super nice attitude from staff. Although hostel was really narrow and some of us were too big for it :) , we enjoyed staying in this place.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

We were welcomed with arms wide open and were provided with one of the newly refurbished rooms on the uppermost floor. The steps are challenging but certainly rewarding. In our room, we didn't have the standard bunk beds but comfortable single beds and had access to the new shower room. We suggest that hooks are put in so one's towel isn't drenched by the shower! It would also be useful if the wifi is strengthened in the top floors. We have stayed in this hostel before and would certainly return

We were charged 5% tax on arrival. The room was alright although the sheets were stained. The hostel itself was under construction so there was dust everywhere, the construction men started in the morning and woke us up. The hostel outside of our room smelled strongly of pot and tobacco. For 20Euros a night, I expected better. I was able to get into the room once without a key card. The bathrooms were gross and the showers were either boiling hot or ice cold. The wifi was slow.

Can't complain. Hostel was clean, made some friends, great location... It served its purpose well. I also liked the cat!

We stay 2 days during christmas holidays and the room is good, the cleanliness is good and the bathroom its average, is a good hostel. Has wi-fi and pc with free access and smoking area.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Spain

No bar. Crazy stairs. Somehow staff lost something regarding my payment and it took about 20 minutes to get my €40 deposit back at check-out. Great location.

Nice little hostel in a good location - beds were extremely comfy and the toilets clean. However not impressed with the work being done on the facilities on each floor which started at 8am with what sounded like drills coming through the wall right beside our heads! Great that they're improving, but some sort of notice would have helped alleviate the serious annoyance of some serious drilling early in the morning. Please think of that in the future!

this hostel was excellent. the staff was very helpful and attentive! I Had a perfect vication in this hostel.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Hotel looked very cool, staff where really helpful which was good because it was our first time in Amsterdam and the reception had loads of tourist information. Room was clean and the smoking room was chill. Cat was cute as well haha, would defiantly stay again

• 17th Dec 2014

the bedroom is perfect! The best I've been so far. The problem is the Bathroom. Everything gets wet when you shower. The Staff is great, and the hostel is very clean overall. Just mind the Stairs!

Nice hostel with smoking area, great location and helpfull staff. Will be back for sure.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

very good place

• 20th Nov 2014

The hostel was in the perfect location, walking distance from every major thing in the city. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was unbelievably helpful: they helped us plan what to do for our day, where to go, how to get there, and everything we could have needed. Our weekend in this hostel was great thanks to the staff of IBH

• 20th Nov 2014

The Location is very central so it is great to visit Amsterdam. I personally didn't like the hostel ... There was no atmosphere at all ! The staff was nice but not very helpful and the service when you didn't bring a padlock you can buy one for 5 euros but return it for 2 is ridiculous ...

• 6th Nov 2014

Only stayed one night but the atmosphere didnt seem so great and there was no kitchen other than the canteen... The bathrooms weren't very secure meaning they had a dodgy locks (one not working) and the door was straight into the corridor. The security of the rooms were good and the beds were comfortable but the rooms were cold. Probably wouldn't stay here again but its okay for a few nights. While its not in the centre of everything it is in a nice location (off a main street).

A really nice hostel especially for being in Amsterdam where a lot of them are quite bad in my previous experience. Super comfortable beds and clean rooms and toilets. Super chill smoking room where you can talk to other travellers. Helpfull staff, no problem to check out early and still get key card deposite back. Close to coffeshops, restaurants and shopping. The location is great for party, the sugarfactory is just around the corner and have techno tuesdays=)

I booked 2 nites , was out very late and expected a lie in but was rudely awakened by being told I had to leave the room at checkout time . I was then informed that another group had the room and I had to change , but the staff had not informed me of this the night before - probably because the bed had not been re-made and the receptionist had to do it ; sleepless I try to enjoy the festival . Next day a receptionist told me 'it's not my problem' instead of sorry - expensive hostel this.

The location was great, but if you don't like to smoke weed or be around smoke 24/7 this is not the place for you. Room was okay, a bit small and awkwardly laid out, but the mattresses were comfortable. There's a few tables in the lobby where you can hang out any time of day, which can come in handy after others go to sleep.