International Budget Hostel

Very Good 2378 Total Reviews
Very Good 2378 Total Reviews

17th Sep 2017
6.6

It's what I expected from the price and reviews. Stairs are pretty intense even with backpacks, and if you don't smoke weed there's not really a place to hang out at all. The shower doors don't lock so getting walked in on is a strong possibility. DONT leave any type of food on the floor - we had packaged food (crackers, pastries) that were chewed on by either a mouse or rat. So hang your groceries on the bed. If you're just here overnight, it's fine, wouldn't want to spend an extended time.

8th Sep 2017
5.7

This hostel was just okay. Expensive, but gave me the bare necessities. The only thing I enjoyed about this hostel was the central location and the friendly/helpful staff. My friend and I found it very difficult to sleep. The doors were slamming 24/7. It's situational, but it's worth mentioning that our roommates were awfully inconsiderate. It wasn't dirty, but I saw no evidence of regular room cleaning during my 3-day stay. Other than the smoking room, no common area. Nice showers w/ soap!

• Canada, Male, 31-40
7.7

I had a really nice time at the hostel. It was exactly what I wanted it to be. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and it was a fun atmosphere. The showers were a bit cramped, and the lockers could have used some repair work. My only frustration was that somehow I ended up accidentally paying for one more day than I stayed for. A bit frustrating! And my emails with the hostel where refunds were refused were very unpleasant. Such a sad way to end what was a generally enjoyable time.

• Finland, Female, 25-30
7.7

The hostel was very clean. There was only one shower and one toilet on our floor, but they were never crowded. Very steep stairs! Location was the best. There is a smoking room in the hostel, but it didn't bother a non smoker at all, it was well separated.

• England, Female, 18-24
6.6

Facilities were not so good. Very loud at night, could hear doors slamming all night. Only one shower each floor. Should think about introducing a lift. However, was in good location, easy access to leidesplein where there are great bars.

• Serbia, Male, 31-40
4.3

It is what it is, but way overpriced. I payed over 100 euros for 2 nights stay for a room with 6 beds, 1 chair and 2 power outlets. Showers have 0 hungers.

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Aug 2017
7.1

Great location, only a 5 minute walk to the shops and a few minutes more to the red light district. Central station is around a 20 minute walk away. Staff were friendly and the bed was ok. Small room for 8 people but came with all the facilities that you need. Worth the money for the location. Would stay again!

• SixStringSoul
  • USA, Female, 18-24
24th Aug 2017

People were awesome, staff was amazing!! I am a very new to traveling - Amsterdam was my first stop and I'm now in my second stop, Copenhagen. Here I payed 5/8$ less per night, for much nicer hostels - each bunk had two plugs and personal lights, and a little bigger than this hostel's. Cleaner too. Factor in the architecture differences and just my vague beginner feel for finance in both cities, it was one of the best, safest hostels for as cheap as I could find. XD

• USA, Male, 25-30
23rd Aug 2017
8.0

The stairs are not that bad....unless you are drunk 😂

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Aug 2017
7.4

Solid 7 on this scale. I had 0 issues with my stay here, but the place could be cleaner. And cheaper for what you're getting. The main point though is location - super central, easy to walk absolutely anywhere in the city.

×