International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The common room is just full of stoned people. Not a very comfortable environment. The concrete floors give it a prison feeling.

Good hostel to base yourself from if you don't want to stay right amongst the chaos. Beds were very comfortable and the smoking room has a great overview of the canal.

Everyone made me feel very welcome in the hostel, as i've never stayed in a hostel before after staying at IBH i would definitely stay in one again!

• 1st Sep 2014

I arrived early to this hostel, the guy from reception was unfriendly and he told me that I need to wait until 12pm Then I asked him if can I see the facilities?, in bad manner he told me that yes, I got in shock about the unclean specially the toilets and shower very dirties, then I decided to cancel here and they charged me the total amount without asked me the reason maybe just like feedback to improve their service, Please Never book in this hostel, very dirty and bad service, be away

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Loved this hostel! The Leidseplein is a decent area if you're willing to hire bicycles or get a 7 minute tram. If you're a smoker then choose this hostel, you really can't beat the smoker's room overlooking the canal! I was alone for 4 nights and made more friends in that hostel than any other. As an additional plus there was a misunderstanding on the last day and they wanted to charge me extra but the guy on duty was super cool and listened and trusted me, that means a lot. Choose this place!

• 24th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved this hostel!! Very clean facilities, and wonderful staff. The location was fantastic, and the best part of all was the smoking lounge.. So chilled out and a great place to spend those rainy days. Favorite hostel

I don't really recommand this place. It was expensive and there is nothing to justify that price. The rooms are small. There are lockers in the room but they can hardly contain a rucksack. The staff was not really helpfull. There is not ambiance, no facilities, no social life. They require a large deposit for the keys (15€, whereas other place usually ask for 5€ of just an ID), but if you check out before 9AM there is no staff to give your deposit back. This looks like a thief to me...

Clean and friendly staff, not a central location but still easy to get around and close to everything. Not much of a vibe in the common area , wouldn't recommend to solo travellers

Thishostel asona greatlocation, however the only common area was the smoking room it was a bit difficult to meet people. There were usually just a bunch of stoned people sitting around. However it is in a great location and the staff are nice.

Cat pissed on my clothes and way too over priced as they charge you for everything in there anyway. Not going back there again.

• 31st Jul 2014

I had a very nice stay and can't complain. Only one thing: the key card stopped working twice within two days. Same with other backpackers

- Everything was cool but the lobby room could be a little cleaner. - The breakfast was fairly good.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

not a bad hostel, very noisy and expensive

I loved the lounge area in this hostel, it was a great place to meet and relax with other travelers. It has such a nice view of the canal and the streets. There are some treacherous Dutch stairs when you enter the building, but they were fun to joke about. The staff was nice, nothing impressive, but nice. Everything is within walking distance of the hostel, even the Red Light District if that's your thing. Stoner hostel and I loved it.

We got the wrong impression when we first walked in that it might be a little sketch, but it actually turned out to be quite nice in the end and worth the money.

A little too claustrophobic for my taste, but sweet and helpfull staff. And awesome location!

Lack of air con hurt, wifi kept cutting out at various times. Lady at reception was great but night guard wasn't very nice. Very steep stairs and very hot rooms!

I didn't get my key deposit back!

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us. Yes you dont get you deposit back because like you say it is a key deposit you need to RETURN the key back to get the deposit BACK.

This hostel was in a good location with walking distance to anywhere. The smoking room is a great way to meet others even if you don't smoke. It had a nice atmosphere and so I would recommend it.

IBH had a great staff that was really friendly and had great advice about things to do and getting around the city. It is a great environment to chill and stay in the middle of Amsterdam. It was only a 15 min walk to the Anne frank house and a 5 min walk to all the cool coffee shops. Pretty reasonable in price if you consider you're in Amsterdam and everywhere is a little higher in price. Overall great location and I didn't have to buy a train pass or anything. Would stay there again for sure!

« first « Prev 1 2 3