International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent place, beds in some rooms are too small

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Chile

One of the best hostels in Amsterdam!

The location is what makes this place. You are right in the canals witch makes walking to the park or to the red light district easy. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The rooms themselves are nice enough and pretty clean but the common area is dull of burn outs and people that are too high to talk. But I guess it's ampsterdamn.

Nice hostel, with great location, right in the city center and only one or two tram trips away from the major attractions such as the museums and the Red Light District. -The staff was helpful; -The bed, pillow and bedsheets were good; -The shared bathrooms and showers were OK, just too small (but I guess it is normal for Amsterdam); however the bathroom lights keeping turning off and on while I was using it, so it was a little annoying. -Soap, shower gel and toilet paper were always available.

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. It smelled, their no food policy doesn't make any sense because the reception is also some sort of crappy cafeteria. Their prices are ridiculous and their prices double on the weekends, they wanted 94 euros a night! Needless to say I got a hotel instead Friday night and paid only 64 euros for a luxurious room. I literally didn't speak a word to anybody here, from what I saw the majority of people that stay here are american teenage stoners.

Well located, but so warm in warm weather!

Rooms were too cramped, beds were uncomfortable. Bathrooms were small and dirty. We left the hostel early and stated elsewhere due to how uncomfortable we were.

• 6th Jun 2014

Best hostel in Amsterdam. Excellent atmosphere, clean, staff, location. It was awesome dude. I'll back again. Santiago and Youssef , I'll never forget you men. You were awesome.

Overall okay but the rooms weren't very clean and you could hear mice at night. The showers were also a bit gross.

Infested with MICE. Do not stay here. We stayed here for only two nights and on the second SIX mice came from the wardrobe into the room and from there through the door into the rest of the hostel. We had no food in the room. They live there. The night guard was rude and dismissive when we told him. We were told that we would be getting a full refund and then later told by email that we would not. HORRENDOUS health and service standards. Do NOT stay here

• 4th Jun 2014

The rooms were basic as was the bathrooms but were fine. The smoking area was nice, but it was just a smoking area and not the place for socialising or having a drink. The staff were able to give us maps but they weren't overly helpful as you can get In some, and there was no activities for meeting fellow travellers. Also it had no kitchen and Amsterdam is expensive to eat out on which we found difficult.

Steep steps at the entrance! Quite a climb, and an accurate introduction to Amsterdam. The staff is knowledgable, friendly, and inviting. The Hostel itself is average, but the price is right for those on a budget. My group had a good stay. (If you like cats, their house cat is an extra perk.)

Wonderful place to stay for a few days & to explore the whole city! Special thanks to the staff of the International-Budget-Hostel that helped us with every question we had. We are looking forward to the next stay :)

• 10th Apr 2014

Such a warm and charming place to stay so close to the heart of the city. Nice lounge to hang out and make new friends. Comfortably recommended.

Had a great time at the hostel, extremely helpful and friendly staff. The facilities were good and the location was amazing just around the corner from Leidesplein which had plenty of places to eat and famous coffee shops. I have stayed in many hostels in Europe and this was one of the best...the name doesn't do it justice!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome hostel I was very impressed. The lounge is great with an awesome view over the canal. And the location is perfect. You can literally walk to anything.

• 20th Mar 2014

Arrived hours early an the staff were very helpful and sorted out room out extra early. Rooms were basic but clean and just what was needed. All in all staff friendly. Rooms clean and basic. 15 min walk to town. If you don't get lost would reccomend.

The hostel is really good. It's located in the city center and has got nice facilities. The room I got was super clean. It also has got a smoking room where people gather and chill. It's awesome.

Friendly place, with a really big stoned cat.

• 16th Mar 2014