International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel was in a good location with walking distance to anywhere. The smoking room is a great way to meet others even if you don't smoke. It had a nice atmosphere and so I would recommend it.

IBH had a great staff that was really friendly and had great advice about things to do and getting around the city. It is a great environment to chill and stay in the middle of Amsterdam. It was only a 15 min walk to the Anne frank house and a 5 min walk to all the cool coffee shops. Pretty reasonable in price if you consider you're in Amsterdam and everywhere is a little higher in price. Overall great location and I didn't have to buy a train pass or anything. Would stay there again for sure!

Good hostel in a great location. Nice common areas. My room was spacious and the beds were great.

Great place, a little out of the Red Light District which makes life more relaxed. Close to the airport transfer. Fantastic staff, always friendly and helpful. The showers suck. Wifi is good, right through the building. Great security. Relatively clean. Only recommendation would be if they had a free continental breakfast in the morning....

A very nice hostel in an excellent location, very close to Leidseplein as well as centre. Staff were extremely helpful in helping us find good places to eat, drink and places to go. Bathrooms were a bit small but the showers were decent and the rooms had enough space and comfortable beds! Smoking lounge was an excellent place to relax and watch the World Cup!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is certainly the worst hostel I have ever stayed. The staff wasn't helpful with touring around the city, it smelled like cigarette/weed smoke, it had a dingy prison vibe, and I couldn't relax all night sleeping as I feared bed bugs. The bathrooms were terrible (no running water in one and the light kept going off in the other). It's much better in Amsterdam to stay a little farther away from the downtown/party area. Hostels a short walk away have a far more pleasant atmosphere.

Cheap hostel for being Amsterdam. Funky staircase. Cozy dorm. But no kitchen, as far as we got to know.

Excellent place, beds in some rooms are too small

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Chile

One of the best hostels in Amsterdam!

The location is what makes this place. You are right in the canals witch makes walking to the park or to the red light district easy. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The rooms themselves are nice enough and pretty clean but the common area is dull of burn outs and people that are too high to talk. But I guess it's ampsterdamn.

Nice hostel, with great location, right in the city center and only one or two tram trips away from the major attractions such as the museums and the Red Light District. -The staff was helpful; -The bed, pillow and bedsheets were good; -The shared bathrooms and showers were OK, just too small (but I guess it is normal for Amsterdam); however the bathroom lights keeping turning off and on while I was using it, so it was a little annoying. -Soap, shower gel and toilet paper were always available.

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. It smelled, their no food policy doesn't make any sense because the reception is also some sort of crappy cafeteria. Their prices are ridiculous and their prices double on the weekends, they wanted 94 euros a night! Needless to say I got a hotel instead Friday night and paid only 64 euros for a luxurious room. I literally didn't speak a word to anybody here, from what I saw the majority of people that stay here are american teenage stoners.

Well located, but so warm in warm weather!

Rooms were too cramped, beds were uncomfortable. Bathrooms were small and dirty. We left the hostel early and stated elsewhere due to how uncomfortable we were.

Best hostel in Amsterdam. Excellent atmosphere, clean, staff, location. It was awesome dude. I'll back again. Santiago and Youssef , I'll never forget you men. You were awesome.

Overall okay but the rooms weren't very clean and you could hear mice at night. The showers were also a bit gross.

Infested with MICE. Do not stay here. We stayed here for only two nights and on the second SIX mice came from the wardrobe into the room and from there through the door into the rest of the hostel. We had no food in the room. They live there. The night guard was rude and dismissive when we told him. We were told that we would be getting a full refund and then later told by email that we would not. HORRENDOUS health and service standards. Do NOT stay here

• 4th Jun 2014

The rooms were basic as was the bathrooms but were fine. The smoking area was nice, but it was just a smoking area and not the place for socialising or having a drink. The staff were able to give us maps but they weren't overly helpful as you can get In some, and there was no activities for meeting fellow travellers. Also it had no kitchen and Amsterdam is expensive to eat out on which we found difficult.

Steep steps at the entrance! Quite a climb, and an accurate introduction to Amsterdam. The staff is knowledgable, friendly, and inviting. The Hostel itself is average, but the price is right for those on a budget. My group had a good stay. (If you like cats, their house cat is an extra perk.)

1 2 Next » last »