International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was the cheapest hostel we found. So it worthed its Money but it's not something Special.they didn't clean everyday the bathroom and the showers.the room was never cleaned.the other problem is that the room was very cold and the blankets very dirty. However the common room was nice and you could smoke anything you want and the hostel was very close to the Centre( 20 min on foot and 5-10 min by tram). i would suggest it only for 1-2 days staying or for someone that wants a cheap hostel.

Hi, We are sorry you feeling this way about our hostel. Our toilets and showers are cleaned every morning by our cleaners. It can happen that you probably used our facilities after someone else used it who left a mess for the next visitor. The rooms get cleaned after check out ofcourse, not while you still in there..this is a hostel not a 4star hotel. Rubbish in rooms is taken out every day. Maybe the heater in the room was not turned on. But thank you for staying with us! IBH

Best hostel in Amsterdam for International travellers. Not just for people wanting to get high all day and zone out. One of my favourites in the world. Good distance from the Red Light District that you don't feel you'll get robbed or offered drugs all day.

• 24th Jan 2014

Hi Thank you for staying and your revieuw. Hope to see you again. regards kadir

I loved this hostel, had a fantastic smokers area (and a cat!) decent wifi and good beds. There are steep stairs but totally worth it IMO. Receptionists were really nice and helpful, and although there is no kitchen you can keep food in the fridge and reception can heat things up for you etc. Decent location, maybe 15-20 mins walk from the central red light district, but theres still a good amount of shops/food/coffeeshops in this area, plus a tram stop 2 mins away. Would definitely recommend!

It was good and I am really gratefull for the spanish guy on reseption that out a good music there :)

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Ukraine

the best thing from this hostel was the location! Also the staff were very poliety and willing! It is very good choice for young people because it has little bit narrow hall and bathroom! The atmosphere is very friendly and we enjoyed our stay there!

Hi Thank you to stay with us. regards ibh staf

Really good, the location is perfect, but the reception isn't 24hrs and i lost my deposit money, because i left the hostel 5 AM.

Had a great stay here. Room was quite pleasant, bed was comfortable and there were lockers. Easy access to toilet and shower which were kept clean. Excellent location for museums, and amenities round the corner. Nice part of the city. The only thing to be wary of is that the staff walk into people's rooms after only knocking briefly, to change beds etc

Hi Thank you for staying. The staff enter the room to check if the cleaners did them work good. It is like a double check to be sure that everything is good clean in the rooms and showers. regards ibh

If you enjoy getting stoned, then you will love this place. Excellent staff, Katrina was a great help on the front desk. Very informative./

Nice Trip ;) The people were great. The hostel is very god too. I very enjoyed my trip.

• 5th Jan 2014

Hi thank your for staying with us. we are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday. regards ibh staf

No kitchen so it was kind of inconvienant. Didn't use the smoking room so aside from that the atmosphere was lacking and didn't really have a place to hang out. Our roommate brought food into the room and attracted a mouse! Luckily the staff were very accomadating and moved us to another room.

The location of this hostel was great! And although the rooms weren't the most welcoming, they were clean and good enough for our short stay. Not much of a hostel atmosphere, but fine for people who are traveling together and not too concerned with making friends. My main complaint would be the loudness of all the doors, especially the room door. They slam shut and it is hard to not disturb everyone in your room. The smoking room is a nice asset!

Hostel is great if you need a bed for the night and don't want to pay a lot. It's a pity that the sitting area stinks of pot smoke - personally I don't smoke so I had to sit in the kitchen table area which is windowless. Make sure you lock up your stuff in the nice big lockers they've got, security is not tight and some travelers who came in the room then left may have been rummaging in my back pack (it was unzipped). Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Reception lockout is not so nice.

All in all a really good hostel, nice and clean, good location and the lounge was a nice feature

• 28th Dec 2013

Probably the worst cost-to-experience ratio I've ever encountered at a youth hostel. Overpriced for very basic amenities. Only upside is the location.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

This is a small hostel, the beds are not very comfortable but the cleanliness in the toilet and the very helpful staff made our stay be nice. It's very near from Vondelpark, Hard Rock Cafe and Dam Square (and if you don't get lost you can also reach the red light district in a minutes walk). Many restaurants and cafes around... I think the price is reasonable for what they offer.

Really enjoyed it - excellent smoking room (which is difficult to find). Very nice staff. Really good value for money. Literally my only complaint about the whole stay would be keep the smoking room open later than 2am! Thanks, will recommend.

• 15th Dec 2013

Good hostel with good facilities. It gives good facilities for the value and it is in the right place. However you have to pay for the breakfast and to lock your luggage.

I came alone. The atmosphere of this hostel makes every customers very open, I made friends there easily and had good time in Amsterdam with new people I didn't know before. Very cheap, it's definitely THE place to sleep when you travel alone.

International Budget Hostel I stayed here many times before, first choice when i want to stay at a hostel, close to Leidseplein. A Good place to go out if your in Amsterdam. Four Italian places, that serves all pizza and pasta, 5 Euro. its usually around double price other places. Excellent smoking room, like your living room with couple of vending machines. Microwaves my food if i ask :) WiFi works good in rooms.

Hi Thank you for staying and for your nice review hope to see you again. We have paint the hole hostel you see the new pictures soon. regards Kadir

By far the best hostel I have stayed in so far, the staff and the facilities made for a very comfortable stay. The smoking area also made good sense , I met and spoke with many happy travelers and like minded soles here. If I'm in Amsterdam and need a bed, I shall be back.

• 7th Dec 2013