International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had a very nice stay and can't complain. Only one thing: the key card stopped working twice within two days. Same with other backpackers

- Everything was cool but the lobby room could be a little cleaner. - The breakfast was fairly good.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

not a bad hostel, very noisy and expensive

I loved the lounge area in this hostel, it was a great place to meet and relax with other travelers. It has such a nice view of the canal and the streets. There are some treacherous Dutch stairs when you enter the building, but they were fun to joke about. The staff was nice, nothing impressive, but nice. Everything is within walking distance of the hostel, even the Red Light District if that's your thing. Stoner hostel and I loved it.

We got the wrong impression when we first walked in that it might be a little sketch, but it actually turned out to be quite nice in the end and worth the money.

A little too claustrophobic for my taste, but sweet and helpfull staff. And awesome location!

Lack of air con hurt, wifi kept cutting out at various times. Lady at reception was great but night guard wasn't very nice. Very steep stairs and very hot rooms!

I didn't get my key deposit back!

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us. Yes you dont get you deposit back because like you say it is a key deposit you need to RETURN the key back to get the deposit BACK.

This hostel was in a good location with walking distance to anywhere. The smoking room is a great way to meet others even if you don't smoke. It had a nice atmosphere and so I would recommend it.

IBH had a great staff that was really friendly and had great advice about things to do and getting around the city. It is a great environment to chill and stay in the middle of Amsterdam. It was only a 15 min walk to the Anne frank house and a 5 min walk to all the cool coffee shops. Pretty reasonable in price if you consider you're in Amsterdam and everywhere is a little higher in price. Overall great location and I didn't have to buy a train pass or anything. Would stay there again for sure!

Good hostel in a great location. Nice common areas. My room was spacious and the beds were great.

Great place, a little out of the Red Light District which makes life more relaxed. Close to the airport transfer. Fantastic staff, always friendly and helpful. The showers suck. Wifi is good, right through the building. Great security. Relatively clean. Only recommendation would be if they had a free continental breakfast in the morning....

A very nice hostel in an excellent location, very close to Leidseplein as well as centre. Staff were extremely helpful in helping us find good places to eat, drink and places to go. Bathrooms were a bit small but the showers were decent and the rooms had enough space and comfortable beds! Smoking lounge was an excellent place to relax and watch the World Cup!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is certainly the worst hostel I have ever stayed. The staff wasn't helpful with touring around the city, it smelled like cigarette/weed smoke, it had a dingy prison vibe, and I couldn't relax all night sleeping as I feared bed bugs. The bathrooms were terrible (no running water in one and the light kept going off in the other). It's much better in Amsterdam to stay a little farther away from the downtown/party area. Hostels a short walk away have a far more pleasant atmosphere.

Cheap hostel for being Amsterdam. Funky staircase. Cozy dorm. But no kitchen, as far as we got to know.

Excellent place, beds in some rooms are too small

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Chile

One of the best hostels in Amsterdam!

The location is what makes this place. You are right in the canals witch makes walking to the park or to the red light district easy. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The rooms themselves are nice enough and pretty clean but the common area is dull of burn outs and people that are too high to talk. But I guess it's ampsterdamn.

Nice hostel, with great location, right in the city center and only one or two tram trips away from the major attractions such as the museums and the Red Light District. -The staff was helpful; -The bed, pillow and bedsheets were good; -The shared bathrooms and showers were OK, just too small (but I guess it is normal for Amsterdam); however the bathroom lights keeping turning off and on while I was using it, so it was a little annoying. -Soap, shower gel and toilet paper were always available.

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. It smelled, their no food policy doesn't make any sense because the reception is also some sort of crappy cafeteria. Their prices are ridiculous and their prices double on the weekends, they wanted 94 euros a night! Needless to say I got a hotel instead Friday night and paid only 64 euros for a luxurious room. I literally didn't speak a word to anybody here, from what I saw the majority of people that stay here are american teenage stoners.