International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1992 Total Reviews

I enjoyed the location and the very NEW bathroom. The room and the beds were correct, confortable. The BIG NEGATIVE point: there was a scary guy in the room, he seemed to be under mushrooms, and he talked for hours alone, saying stuff like "f**king bloody room" or "f**king son, i'll kill you", while we were trying to sleep (after 1am). I couldn't sleep because I didn't feel safe: he was on the bed just on my side. By the way at some point he felt on me... The STRANGER hostel NIGHT IN MY LIFE!

rooms are cozy, smoking room has TV and comfy sofas. due to construction our room was full of dust and we slept in dusty sheets but besides that it was enjoyable. location is very close to leidseplein and vondelpark.btw they charged first night's price from my credit card in case of we don't show up but they didn't return it back yet

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

they didnt give my deposit. they got a unresponsible staff

It was a nice enough hostel, but i felt there wasn't much of an atmosphere, however it seemed that a lot of people were in the smoking room getting high. It was functional, but unless you're doing weed you wont find much of an atmosphere.

The most what we (me and my friends) liked about this hostel was the location and super nice attitude from staff. Although hostel was really narrow and some of us were too big for it :) , we enjoyed staying in this place.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

We were welcomed with arms wide open and were provided with one of the newly refurbished rooms on the uppermost floor. The steps are challenging but certainly rewarding. In our room, we didn't have the standard bunk beds but comfortable single beds and had access to the new shower room. We suggest that hooks are put in so one's towel isn't drenched by the shower! It would also be useful if the wifi is strengthened in the top floors. We have stayed in this hostel before and would certainly return

We were charged 5% tax on arrival. The room was alright although the sheets were stained. The hostel itself was under construction so there was dust everywhere, the construction men started in the morning and woke us up. The hostel outside of our room smelled strongly of pot and tobacco. For 20Euros a night, I expected better. I was able to get into the room once without a key card. The bathrooms were gross and the showers were either boiling hot or ice cold. The wifi was slow.

1 2 3 Next » last »