International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Well located, but so warm in warm weather!

Rooms were too cramped, beds were uncomfortable. Bathrooms were small and dirty. We left the hostel early and stated elsewhere due to how uncomfortable we were.

Best hostel in Amsterdam. Excellent atmosphere, clean, staff, location. It was awesome dude. I'll back again. Santiago and Youssef , I'll never forget you men. You were awesome.

Overall okay but the rooms weren't very clean and you could hear mice at night. The showers were also a bit gross.

Infested with MICE. Do not stay here. We stayed here for only two nights and on the second SIX mice came from the wardrobe into the room and from there through the door into the rest of the hostel. We had no food in the room. They live there. The night guard was rude and dismissive when we told him. We were told that we would be getting a full refund and then later told by email that we would not. HORRENDOUS health and service standards. Do NOT stay here

• 4th Jun 2014

The rooms were basic as was the bathrooms but were fine. The smoking area was nice, but it was just a smoking area and not the place for socialising or having a drink. The staff were able to give us maps but they weren't overly helpful as you can get In some, and there was no activities for meeting fellow travellers. Also it had no kitchen and Amsterdam is expensive to eat out on which we found difficult.

Steep steps at the entrance! Quite a climb, and an accurate introduction to Amsterdam. The staff is knowledgable, friendly, and inviting. The Hostel itself is average, but the price is right for those on a budget. My group had a good stay. (If you like cats, their house cat is an extra perk.)

Wonderful place to stay for a few days & to explore the whole city! Special thanks to the staff of the International-Budget-Hostel that helped us with every question we had. We are looking forward to the next stay :)

• 10th Apr 2014

Such a warm and charming place to stay so close to the heart of the city. Nice lounge to hang out and make new friends. Comfortably recommended.

Had a great time at the hostel, extremely helpful and friendly staff. The facilities were good and the location was amazing just around the corner from Leidesplein which had plenty of places to eat and famous coffee shops. I have stayed in many hostels in Europe and this was one of the best...the name doesn't do it justice!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome hostel I was very impressed. The lounge is great with an awesome view over the canal. And the location is perfect. You can literally walk to anything.

• 20th Mar 2014

Arrived hours early an the staff were very helpful and sorted out room out extra early. Rooms were basic but clean and just what was needed. All in all staff friendly. Rooms clean and basic. 15 min walk to town. If you don't get lost would reccomend.

The hostel is really good. It's located in the city center and has got nice facilities. The room I got was super clean. It also has got a smoking room where people gather and chill. It's awesome.

Friendly place, with a really big stoned cat.

• 16th Mar 2014

Security=100 Location=far from city Staff=friendly & helpful Atmosphere=very poor as I don't smoke Cleanliness=good Facilities=Hot water,fridge & M-wave oven,need ask receptionist do 4 u Value of $=PISSED-OFF. My booking was CANCELLED as they said my credit card couldn't be charged & emailed me without respond BUT Hostelworld.com could charge when booking online. Told room still available BUT to be charged more. fighting 4 same price finally BUT 2nd night sleep in 4-bed room with 2 unknown guys.

I am from The United States and I did not enjoy my stay. This hostel was not an ideal resting place for my Amsterdam Experience. I kept walking past the hostel because I wasn't sure if it was the right place. There was not a 24 hours reception help desk. The water in the shower was slowly coming out. The hallway to the room felt unsafe and they also didn't have an emergency exit.

• 26th Feb 2014

Close to everything, staff is great, beds are ok, bathrooms are not the cleanest ones and toillets are really small. I've just stayed one night so it was great deal !! But the first stairs are really really straight and 'vertical' so it makes difficult to go up with your luggage...

The place and my stay was super! The toilettes were very good, the showers could be better but it was ok. A little light at every bed would be great, so you don't wake up everybody when you come into the room. Thank u very much! See you the next time

• 20th Feb 2014

Dear guest Thank you for staying with us. If you ask the reception the give the small light. ibh staff

Had some minor issues with the key card, but these little slip ups can be expected when going for somewhere cheap. Other than some waiting around on arrival and check-out, we got what we needed - comfortable bed, clean hot showers, lockers, etc. Staff were patient and helpful. The smell from the smoking room was noticeable in the halls, thankfully not in the rooms. Good place to stay, but I wouldn't hang out there for too long. Thanks for everything.

Unreliable check in time..

Dear guest Our check in time is at 9e clock you arrive 4.30 in the morning this time there was no possibility to check in. If we had the beds we Always give it but we was also fully booked. but still you went in and wait in the lobby. Normally we also dont do this. regards ibh