International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Well located and well managed hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend.

Great price for location. Very awesome, chill environment. Staff was very helpful and nice. Overall a great experience and probably my best hostel stay so far.

The location is great, staff was friendly, free wifi all over the place, clean sheets, nice smoking room.. On the flipside, shower was broken and wasn't working (a temporary problem obviously), and there were some mice spotted in our room which I guess somewhat inevitable being in an old building next to canal. There was a black cat though, so probably he is keeping them mice under control :)

Nice staff and atmosphere! Good location! I recommend! But the stairs.. =/

Jordin was very kind, personable, and helpful. He gave me great suggestions and make my visit a smooth one. Thank you again!

a very friendly hostel

The value for money is quite fair. the location of the hostel is good - about 20 minutes walk from red light district, close to things and right in the middle of the lovely canals. there are lockers in the rooms, which is good. the smoking room is a really good area - not all hostels have it, and its a plus! the cleanliness is not very good... the room smelled and the toilets were not really nice. but then again, its good value for money! its quite cheap and has positive stuff!

- Great location - close to all pubs/ clubs / restaurants - not a real hostel vibe, however there is a lounge you can meet other travelers (NB in amsterdam there isnt a real hostel vibe as people are always on the move, or stoned) - rooms OK - beds were spongy - Stay here if you are in Amsterdam for a few days, want to be in the centre and are going to be out and about the whole time other positives - bath gel provided, and resident cat is cool.

Overpriced but a decent 2 night stay

If you, like me, go out during the night and would like to sleep a bit longer during the day, this is not the place. It was impossible to sleep from around 9am cause you're able to hear everything. Also there is absolutely nothing included in the price (towels, locks, city tax etc. have to be paid extra).

Dear malwina In our conditiona you see before you book that towels and city tax not included in the room we dont tell you this after you book it but before.

No kitchen, but besides that we had a great stay. Great smoking room which overlooks the canel, cheap vending machines, smallish TV should get bigger. Got some bored games free to play and the rooms are pretty chilled. Would reccomended to anyone who looking to visit the coffeeshops and smoke, very good hostel!

The shower water last just 3 second and cold!!!! Imagine every second while you are covered with foam and need to find button every 3 second. Horrible shower here and even cold! Other than that, it is okay.

Let's see, where to begin... the doors all stuck, so they had to be yanked open which was so loud that it would wake everyone up. The Wifi broke halfway through our stay and they didn't do anything about it or refund any of the money. The last two days the lights in the room had burned out and were never fixed, so that we had to get around with a flashlight. Nothing but stoned college kids, and if you have valuables, stay somewhere else!

Sweet hostel with really friendly staff. Very social smoking room makes it easy to meet new people and the close location to Leidseplein makes it easy to go out and get back home in the early hours. Would defiantly recommend.

Good staff

It was a great location, near central station and really close to the Anne Frank house! I don't know if it was worth as much as I paid, but it was safe and in a great location!

• 26th Oct 2013

It was a bit difficult to find. It could be nice with a larger sign outside on the street. There where no plugs in the room, so I couldn't charge my phone during the night. Had to charge it in the reception the day after.

Decent hostel, loved the smoking room even if its a bit musty in there. Internet speeds were good everywhere inside the hostel which is always nice. Would have liked a more secure seeming locker, but the big locker was nice.

I didn't quite like this hostel. I thought it was pretty dirty and too small. Location is good if you like walking and they also rent bikes if you like one. Room is too small and you barely have room for your stuff. The only thing that I actually liked is that wifi worked pretty good in the room. I've stayed in better hostels for the same price, I wouldn't go back.

If you want to pay with card, you had to pay 5% more. worst, we had to pay again the 10% that we payed first on the reservation. cat's mess in a chair in the same room you take breakfast. no recomended!