International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location of this hostel was great! And although the rooms weren't the most welcoming, they were clean and good enough for our short stay. Not much of a hostel atmosphere, but fine for people who are traveling together and not too concerned with making friends. My main complaint would be the loudness of all the doors, especially the room door. They slam shut and it is hard to not disturb everyone in your room. The smoking room is a nice asset!

Hostel is great if you need a bed for the night and don't want to pay a lot. It's a pity that the sitting area stinks of pot smoke - personally I don't smoke so I had to sit in the kitchen table area which is windowless. Make sure you lock up your stuff in the nice big lockers they've got, security is not tight and some travelers who came in the room then left may have been rummaging in my back pack (it was unzipped). Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Reception lockout is not so nice.

All in all a really good hostel, nice and clean, good location and the lounge was a nice feature

• 28th Dec 2013

Probably the worst cost-to-experience ratio I've ever encountered at a youth hostel. Overpriced for very basic amenities. Only upside is the location.

This is a small hostel, the beds are not very comfortable but the cleanliness in the toilet and the very helpful staff made our stay be nice. It's very near from Vondelpark, Hard Rock Cafe and Dam Square (and if you don't get lost you can also reach the red light district in a minutes walk). Many restaurants and cafes around... I think the price is reasonable for what they offer.

Really enjoyed it - excellent smoking room (which is difficult to find). Very nice staff. Really good value for money. Literally my only complaint about the whole stay would be keep the smoking room open later than 2am! Thanks, will recommend.

• 15th Dec 2013

Good hostel with good facilities. It gives good facilities for the value and it is in the right place. However you have to pay for the breakfast and to lock your luggage.

I came alone. The atmosphere of this hostel makes every customers very open, I made friends there easily and had good time in Amsterdam with new people I didn't know before. Very cheap, it's definitely THE place to sleep when you travel alone.

International Budget Hostel I stayed here many times before, first choice when i want to stay at a hostel, close to Leidseplein. A Good place to go out if your in Amsterdam. Four Italian places, that serves all pizza and pasta, 5 Euro. its usually around double price other places. Excellent smoking room, like your living room with couple of vending machines. Microwaves my food if i ask :) WiFi works good in rooms.

Hi Thank you for staying and for your nice review hope to see you again. We have paint the hole hostel you see the new pictures soon. regards Kadir

By far the best hostel I have stayed in so far, the staff and the facilities made for a very comfortable stay. The smoking area also made good sense , I met and spoke with many happy travelers and like minded soles here. If I'm in Amsterdam and need a bed, I shall be back.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Warmer blankets in the colder months but still great and warm!

• 1st Dec 2013

Well located and well managed hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend.

Great price for location. Very awesome, chill environment. Staff was very helpful and nice. Overall a great experience and probably my best hostel stay so far.

The location is great, staff was friendly, free wifi all over the place, clean sheets, nice smoking room.. On the flipside, shower was broken and wasn't working (a temporary problem obviously), and there were some mice spotted in our room which I guess somewhat inevitable being in an old building next to canal. There was a black cat though, so probably he is keeping them mice under control :)

Nice staff and atmosphere! Good location! I recommend! But the stairs.. =/

Jordin was very kind, personable, and helpful. He gave me great suggestions and make my visit a smooth one. Thank you again!

a very friendly hostel

The value for money is quite fair. the location of the hostel is good - about 20 minutes walk from red light district, close to things and right in the middle of the lovely canals. there are lockers in the rooms, which is good. the smoking room is a really good area - not all hostels have it, and its a plus! the cleanliness is not very good... the room smelled and the toilets were not really nice. but then again, its good value for money! its quite cheap and has positive stuff!

- Great location - close to all pubs/ clubs / restaurants - not a real hostel vibe, however there is a lounge you can meet other travelers (NB in amsterdam there isnt a real hostel vibe as people are always on the move, or stoned) - rooms OK - beds were spongy - Stay here if you are in Amsterdam for a few days, want to be in the centre and are going to be out and about the whole time other positives - bath gel provided, and resident cat is cool.

Overpriced but a decent 2 night stay