International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you, like me, go out during the night and would like to sleep a bit longer during the day, this is not the place. It was impossible to sleep from around 9am cause you're able to hear everything. Also there is absolutely nothing included in the price (towels, locks, city tax etc. have to be paid extra).

Dear malwina In our conditiona you see before you book that towels and city tax not included in the room we dont tell you this after you book it but before.

No kitchen, but besides that we had a great stay. Great smoking room which overlooks the canel, cheap vending machines, smallish TV should get bigger. Got some bored games free to play and the rooms are pretty chilled. Would reccomended to anyone who looking to visit the coffeeshops and smoke, very good hostel!

The shower water last just 3 second and cold!!!! Imagine every second while you are covered with foam and need to find button every 3 second. Horrible shower here and even cold! Other than that, it is okay.

Let's see, where to begin... the doors all stuck, so they had to be yanked open which was so loud that it would wake everyone up. The Wifi broke halfway through our stay and they didn't do anything about it or refund any of the money. The last two days the lights in the room had burned out and were never fixed, so that we had to get around with a flashlight. Nothing but stoned college kids, and if you have valuables, stay somewhere else!

Sweet hostel with really friendly staff. Very social smoking room makes it easy to meet new people and the close location to Leidseplein makes it easy to go out and get back home in the early hours. Would defiantly recommend.

Good staff

It was a great location, near central station and really close to the Anne Frank house! I don't know if it was worth as much as I paid, but it was safe and in a great location!

• 26th Oct 2013

It was a bit difficult to find. It could be nice with a larger sign outside on the street. There where no plugs in the room, so I couldn't charge my phone during the night. Had to charge it in the reception the day after.

Decent hostel, loved the smoking room even if its a bit musty in there. Internet speeds were good everywhere inside the hostel which is always nice. Would have liked a more secure seeming locker, but the big locker was nice.

I didn't quite like this hostel. I thought it was pretty dirty and too small. Location is good if you like walking and they also rent bikes if you like one. Room is too small and you barely have room for your stuff. The only thing that I actually liked is that wifi worked pretty good in the room. I've stayed in better hostels for the same price, I wouldn't go back.

If you want to pay with card, you had to pay 5% more. worst, we had to pay again the 10% that we payed first on the reservation. cat's mess in a chair in the same room you take breakfast. no recomended!

Everything was nice. Within walking distance of most things in the city and close to tram stop. Not worth the weekend rates though we didn't think.

Real cool hostel. Good vibes with Clean/comfy beds and a chill smoke lounge that had a sick view. The staff is great! They'll answer all your questions from what coffee shop to hit up or where to do laundry. The receptionist even helped us plan our trip Istanbul! I highly recommend this place. Cheers

Would not stay again, bit dirty and expensive for what it is. Sucks staying on the top floor (6 floors up with stairs that are more like a ladder with backpacks sucked) Staff were very friendly and helpful!

Very secure hostel, friendly staff and pretty clean. Bathrooms could do with being observed more.

• 18th Oct 2013

Great location and very nice staff. But if you don't smoke you don't have a nice common area, only some tables with chairs. On the other hand, the smoking room has sofa, a nice view from the front window and TV... not fair.

Value for money because of the awesome location. Hostel was clean but dingy-needs some paint and new tiles on the floor-staff meant business, they weren't looking to accommodate you. There is a common area where you can smoke so that was cool. Not a good atmosphere to meet people. Basically the best deal for the location if you are with a group don't stay here if you are alone. It's just a bed to sleep in. They have lockers but you have to buy a lock

good hostel

The hostel is in an old building, so it's got issues related to that. The stairs up to the reception area are nearly vertical. I can't imagine climbing those drunk! The floors smell like mould, obviously there is water damage from the showers, which are small. The rooms look old, with an unpleasant yellow paint on the walls. But, for value and a bed, it's location is great and the reception staff are very friendly and helpful. This hostel is perfect for young guys who came to Amsterdam to party.

It was good for me to stay there. It has a good price and kind people. And it also was very clean