International Budget Hostel Reviews

Leidsegracht 76, Amsterdam 1016 CR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel is ok. "Lounge" (the non-smoking one) is not welcome nor comfortable. No facilities in the way of a proper hanging out place to meet others, kitchen, etc. Bathrooms are ok but very small, and only clean in the morning! Rooms are decent. Wifi in rooms actually never works, so you have to go to he unwelcoming lobby... after it closes, you are forced to sit / stand on hallway in order to access wifi. Staff was friendly but not too knowledgeable about the city. Good location.

I would say more positives than negatives. My biggest problem is I had 3 golf ball sized bites but I can't be 100% sure thus was the hostel however there were mossies in the room. If a windows open that will happen. There was a cat in the sink but he was cute. There was a soiled pair of underwear in the shower but that's a reflection of the guests. Bar this is was warm welcoming and we had a great view and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• 24th Aug 2013

Too expensive. Besides, a girl from the staff entered into our room without our permission to woke us up at 8:30, just to tell us that checkout was at 10! pretty unpolite

Thank you for staying with us. We inform every guest by check in (with a form) that there is a wake up call the day you check out. Another thing, we upgrade you to a private room while you booked for a 5-beddorm and you guys did not pay anything extra for this. We thought you appreciated this..Have a save trip!!

This hostel did me fine but the door slamming was a bit much!

The biggest problem we had was that we were moved to three different rooms, and the last time was in the middle of the night when we came home from the bars and were pretty tired and drunk and we had to spend an hour waiting at the reception before we got beds. And the next day there would be no talk of us getting any money back. Of course the whole thing smelled like weed, but thats just Amsterdam, so cant really complain about that I guess. Otherwise location and facilities was fine.

Hi Jakob, we informed you about the room change for the second night as you booked this upon arrival and you agreed with this. The reason for the change in the last night, was because the people in your room changed their beds ( without our knowledge). So, we wanted to give you new beds with unused sheets/linen..

we absolutely enjoyed every part of our stay, shame it wasnt longer, we will be back next year at the latest, the room was so cute with its layout we got top floor room for 4 people and loved staying in such a traditional building. the people working there were friendly and helpful, we didnt want to leave.

• 21st Aug 2013

I had a mouse run across my pillow when I was laying down one night... And another night I squashed two bugs that were in the middle of my sheets. However, the location was nice because it was a short walk to the main center of town. The atmosphere was alright, I felt like the community area could use some work. Overall it was an alright experience, but the mouse and bugs were NOT okay.

• 18th Aug 2013

Really good location. Jordi in the reception was very kind with us. He helped us, recommending places to visit and to eat.

The toilets were filthy. The lockers wouldn't lock. The woman on reception was rude.

• 16th Aug 2013

Great hostel, friendly staff and a lovely smoking area that fits many people sitting. Room was good but too many stairs. Around the corner from a Lidl to save food money and 2 mins walk to shops, restaurants and vondelpark. About 10 min walk from dam square.

• 15th Aug 2013

Hostel well located near Leidseplein. The corridor is tight and the steps are very steep so sometimes it's quite difficult to go upstairs. But in general, i had a good stay.

• 15th Aug 2013

The hostel is clean enough for my standards, but if you expect nice rooms and a colorful atmosphere, well... Go somewhere else. Furnitures probably come straight from a military base or something like that, and the toilets are very little. That said, my general opinion is not negative. The location is good, the staff willing to help, and you can check in at every time.

We had to change room every night even though we booked three nights in one room, the last night me and my friend even had to stay in different rooms. The staff weren't nice and it was about 30 min walk from the central station. It was pretty clean though and good beds. But I wouldn't go back.

Good as far as Amsterdam goes, nice that it has common areas, great location. Was supposed to get a discount on bike hire but didn't. Beds are very nice and large, bathrooms are okay.

Nice hostel with a good location. Staff was welcoming and it was clean.

This hostel had a perfect location, staff was really nice (especially the guy from Barcelona, he was so friendly), the bathrooms were good... But they come into your room at 9 am telling people it's time to check out or change rooms, which is so annoying! It seems very likely that you'll change rooms while you're staying here, regardless of what you booked. Also, you might wake up hearing rats running around at night... When they say don't bring food in the room, that's why!!!

It's annoying that everyday in the morning someone wakes you, the staff is very strict in your check out at 10 am, they are adversting you 2 or three times that morning, one day I airrived my room and it is not mine anymore, the staff had changed me without previous, for the same price I would stay in a hotel private room.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Mexico

Pretty cool hostel run by some cool people. Room windows open out onto the canal. Staircase to reception was incredibly steep (classic dutch) but was actually part of the fun of the place. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were pretty private even though they were shared. Really close walking distance to the big party scene of Leidseplein and shopping streets. Pillows are a bit gross but whatever, at least you get one.

Great hostel and location we have wifi in the rooms have a big smoking room only the bad is the stairs and staff fatma you are great thank you

It was a little bit price the last three nights, but it was on the weekend while the gay parade was on so i understand. Other than that, a shared kitchen would have been good. :)

• 28th Jul 2013