International Budget Hostel Reviews

2081 Total Reviews

It's cheap and ok.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Sweden

Es gab kein warmes wasser

It was an okay hostel. It is kind of sketchy, but I never felt unsafe there. The beds are comfy, the facilities clean. Very steep steps!!

Great stay. hostel was clean and had good facilities. Very close to the nightclub area.

• 19th Jan 2016

Could be better for the price they charge: no breakfast included; half an hour walking distance from the Downtown/Red Light area. Good things are internet, the availability and helpness of the staff and good security conditions (front door opened with card + individual lockers).

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Gostei muito, bom atendimento, muito limpo, excelente localização. Reservando om antecedência ficou bem em conta Senti falta de uma cozinha para q se pudesse ter acesso para cozinhar, visto que a vantagem e se ficar em hostel no meu ponto de vista é essa.

• 3rd Jan 2016

It's a little small but the staff's are all really friendly and kind and the location is great! Totally worth!

the rooms were better than expectet and everything was clean. Thats better than the things i heard about the hostels in amsterdam. It was sypathic to smoke a cigarette with the stuff. That makes a good vibe. It is defenitifly a stoner hostel. Could be bad or good as well. Everithing is aviable except of the kitchen. I didnt had to use it but a watherboiler would be nice ;-)

The staff was nice and would help you with anything you needed, and the cat is precious. The facilities aren't great. The mattresses are narrow and short and the bunk beds are rickety. All of the doors slam shut hard (despite your best efforts), so it's difficult to sleep. Good choice of snacks to buy in the common room, though. Showers are nice and hot. Overall, definitely not a bad place by any means, but I'd probably try to find somewhere else if I came back to Amsterdam.

Whole our group loved the hostel, especially the location! Highly recommended if you wanna wander around The 9 streets area. Complications before the stay: One month after making the reservation the hostel contacted me that they cannot block my credit card and it was impossible to change it for another credit card in a safe way. It was quite annoying to solve this out. THUMB UP: Greetings to the receptionist who lent us his bike between midnight and two o´clock! Cheers!

everything here is so pricey. I guess this is what you can get with this money.

Good hostel for your visit in Amsterdam. Special shoutout to Jessica at reception for being so great, and the guy from Manchester (I'm not sure what his name is).

Clean, quiet and good value for money. Top marks all round!

• 2nd Dec 2015

Great hostel got everything you need and excellent location! Staff very helpful as well plus smoking room is a bonus.

I thought this hostel was great!

pretty average place

Cool hostel, nice friendly staff. The hostel was still have some cosmetic work done to the bedrooms. But still overall a pleasant stay, and I would stay there again!

• 26th Oct 2015

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Being a frequent traveller I have stayed in at least 50 hostels and this is definitely the worst to date. I have now been charged for my stay 3 times and was woken up with someone shouting and swearing in my face! The owner even made a girl cry. I recommend to any other traveller tto stay WELL CLEAR of this place and spend your money elsewhere.

Dear Hillier is not true what you tell you can see our rates for friendly etc. You smoke in the room and get a fine for this this is the reason why you tell things like this. regards Ibh staf

a bit of a party hosrel lots of fun but not much sleeping

It's not a bad place to stay for a few nights if your young and your just looking for somewhere to sleep. The shower situation was weird...it's like right at the entrance to the room and there's nothing shielding you from others so in a mixed room for a female it's weird. I'd come back just not in a mixed room.