International Hostel Khaosan Fukuoka Reviews

11-34, Hiemachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

I walked from Hakata station and it's a bit far. But there are a convenience store and a take-out shop so that's good! And all the staffs were very friendly and kind! If I visit Fukuoka next time I'll stay there again! I could enjoy talking with a guest as well.

Really friendly staff, Clean hostel, friendly communal atmosphere without being a 'party hostel'. Good kitchen facilities, safe and handy that you can rent a bike. About 10 minutes walk from the station which seems a while with a lot of luggage, but a very quick bike ride in the other direction. Had a lot of fun!

This place is just amazing. Nice people, nice environment. Definitely a good place for backpackers to interact with people.

Good hostel

Staffed by an odd crew of travellers rather than locals, hardest beds I've slept in so far In my 7 month trip across Asia and pretty dated facilities. I booked a hostel 200m down the road and had a totally different, and much much better time. I've stayed in some excellent hostels in Japan, so maybe I was just a bit spoiled by the time I made it here, but either way, I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone.

Close to station, bus stop for airport and supermarket. Walk into main area about 15 mins and easy. Hostel is average but fine. But IMPORTANT NOTE if you want to use the common room/kitchen after 11am check out (eg if you have a late flight like we did) it's 1000 yen extra! We've stayed in many many hostels and never experienced this so bit of a rip off in my humble opinion.

I loved this hostel so much I made sure to stay in other J hopper hostels when I continued on my travels. They provide great resources and information on everything to do. I highly recommend staying here.

Staff were nice..located around 15min walk from jr hakata stn..used my sunQ pass to ride the bus to the hostel..so wasn't a real problem..room is small if u have large bags (stayed in 4 bed dorm) ..wifi worked fine

Great overall. Didnt have any problem. Very clean.

Good location, 10mins from Hakata station. Nice enough place but everything just seemed to be a bit broken, also kitchen had a funny smell. Beds were comfy though and staff were friendly :)

Strategic location in Fukuoka town with clean and comfortable rooms.

stayed 2 times in this hostel, pleasant experiences, preferred the female bunk beds than the mix bunks :)

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

They have a lot of foreign staff who work here as cleaning staff in exchange for free accommodation. The staff have a get together like once a week or something in the common room. If you get lucky enough to experience that, it's quite nice. The hostel is rather poorly located (ten mins east of the station when everything was west). But, I enjoyed it overall. Any place with only 4 bed dorms is unlikely to disappoint, and this is no exception!

너무좋아요 버스타면 바로앞에서내리고

Stayed there for just one night and was overall quite happy with the place. Was able to meet some great people at the dorms and common room. Be careful if you have big and heavy items with you because there are no elevators and the lockers are small. Bathrooms are on select floors and come with shower gel and shampoo. Wifi was reliable. Kitchen had condiments you could use for free.

• 19th Nov 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel. Myself and three friends booked one of the private four bed rooms and it was more than adequate for our needs and we had some privacy with a locking door. The staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants and onsen to try out. I definitely recommend hitting up the Isso Ramen shop just down the road from here. You can walk there and the ramen was phenomenal!

Overall a fine hostel

Not the best Khaosan around, but far from terrible. The location leaves much to be desired and some 4 bed dorms are really cramped and have crappy iron beds (other dorms have newer ones though). The most ridiculous thing by far is that the top bunk bed in one of these rooms is directly under the AC unit, you literally sleep right next to it!?

this can be used as a great base to go traveling around kyushu, that is what i used it for as was easy to go see places from there.

It was an okay hostel for the money you pay, but actually I was not glad to see some mould in the bathroom in the top floor, which was meant to be a Japanese style bathroom with a bathtub. No one actually used the bathtub, only shower, I guess because of mould. They also had clean showers in the first floor. The kitchen was not very inviting to cook for me, but people cooked something regularly. The funny part: there were many young Korean guys, who partied in the kitchen/lobby half night.

View all Fukuoka City Hostels