International Hostel Khaosan Fukuoka Reviews

11-34, Hiemachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

Great place to stay, quick walk from Hakata eki and really cheap. Wasn't an exciting atmosphere but everyone was nice and building was clean.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very friendly and helpful stuff. There are lot of printed information about sightseeings and other things to do in Fukuoka and Kyushu island. I stayd there 2 or 3 times when travelled in Kyushu but it wasn't easy to get room to Khaosan due to the peak season. It's a good place to stay. There was always some surprise when I returned from trip. Like free okonomiyaki party and picnic at the park under sakura blossoms. I never had this kind of experience.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Estonia

Nice 2B there love it

Close enough to center of city. Rooftop access a nice addition. Plenty of bathrooms and big enough lockers. Walking distance to everything necessary including ginormous Hakata train depot. I spent 6 nights and had no problems.

The walls separating adjoining room are paper thin, so you can hear snoring, coughing and other humanly noises throughout the night. If you're going to stay, definitely being ear plugs.

I loved this hostel, clean, comfortable, good facilities, the other guests were very friendly and the staff were friendly and helpful. Free tea and coffee in the kitchen and plenty of guide books and information. Would 100% stay here again if I go back to Fukuoka

I enjoyed my stay here. Like most Khaosans, there was a nice common room with a good vibe. It has an alright location, it:s pretty easy to find from Hakata station, although it was a bit of a long walk with luggage. My room was quite close to the common room, which meant it was a little noisy, though that is more the fault of noisy people than the hostel itself. Also, no dryer although there is a washing machine and a place to dry clothes on the roof.

Everything is pretty good apart from it is really quite far from the station and the room was ridiculously tiny. Nice bed though.

Considering how cheap it is, it is not a bad deal. However, the staff are mostly inexperienced, and gave me inaccurate information which wasted quite a bit of my time because they do not know the area very well themselves (for example, they told me about a "vegetarian" restaurant which has big pictures of meat outside and does not offer any vegetarian food, and it turns out they have never been there themselves). If I return to Fukuoka, I will stay somewhere else.

Good hostel with lots of travelers from all over, location was good and hostel is kept up well.

Walking distance from JR station, but otherwise a little out of the way from the rest of town. Khaosan chain has yet to disappoint me - so clean, well-staffed, friendly, great facilities, all on the lower end of the hostel spectrum throughout Japan. At all of their locations I've been to anyway. Highly recommended. They also provide bikes too!

The place was nice and the information at the info was really useful. I liked the note in the bathroom that teaches some basic Japanese words and customs. Common room was pretty nice and cozy. But the room was pretty cold so that was kind of uncomfortable.

Very nice socialising atmosphere in the common areas on the 3rd floor, and friendly staff.

great location. bus to the airport just around corner. also another bus to Hakata station. (fee around 100yen.) good stay, will choose again ~!

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is..well, a hostel. It was clean enough, well-organised and everyone was friendly and helpful. I only needed a bed for the night so I am not the best person to write a review. The distance from the station is a bit far especially if you're walking with a heavy backpack. Take the bus if you can or spend a little more to be closer to the main attractions. I would recommend it for a cheap place to stay, but if you can afford more, I would recommend a place closer to Tenjin.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Jamaica

The hostel is a great location to stay if you are coming from or going to the airport. It has a washer but no dryer, though there is a coin laundry nearby. The rooms could be laid out better though - the air con/heater was directly above a to bunk in one dorm and in another, the space between bunks was tiny.

Decent hostel, but the staff weren't very chatty. Despite what is advertised, the twin rooms do not have a private bathroom - you have to go to a separate shared bathroom that has three showers but only one lock (not much privacy there)!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was really helpful and managed to make a very good atmosphere, we went to a bar with other guests and hosts to make the new year evening, and that was quite unforgettable!! Worth recommending!!

Thank you for the pleasant stay!:)

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Bulgaria

No curtains around the bed = no privacy. Also not a single washing space in the third floor, had to use the kitchen to wash my face...

View all Fukuoka City Hostels