International Hostel Khaosan Fukuoka Reviews

11-34, Hiemachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

The staff was very nuce and extremely helpfull.

I had a very nice stay and I would come back!

This hostel was in a good location for us, but it was not very clean (it could be a just a problem at the moment we were there). The toilet was dirty and there was a cockroach in our private room.

I arrived at night and the night staff was not helpful and it was an uncomfortable environment.

Walking distance to Hakata station & bus to airport ¥170 close by. Lots of food store & restaurants around hostel. I've learned how to cook Takoyaki @byo party organized FOC by Khaosan hostel.

Pretty standard Japanese hostel. The only thing that really annoyed me was the reception being opened half an hour late on the morning of my check-in. No apology was made even though I had been waiting for an hour. Other than that, easy walking distance to the train station area, decent bunks and kitchen. Common room isn't much but it was pleasant enough.

this is our third time staying at this hostel and we have always found it friendly and reliable and comfortable.

Great hostel, staff are very friendly and helpful!

Quiet, clean and so comfortable. This was our first hostel stay and we loved it :) highly recommend this chain to anyone

On the map it looks close to the train station, but if you are carrying a bit of stuff as I was it is much easier to take a bus from Hakata station as it's quite a walk (around 15 mins). The actual hostel was nice and clean, and close to food outlets and convenience stores. Atmosphere wise, it was honestly one of the strangest hostels i've been to in the sense that the staff outnumber guests in the common area - and they all speak japanese amongst themselves. Which is a weird for a hostel.

Your standard hostel. Only stayed one night though but it's a bed to sleep in.

I walked from Hakata station and it's a bit far. But there are a convenience store and a take-out shop so that's good! And all the staffs were very friendly and kind! If I visit Fukuoka next time I'll stay there again! I could enjoy talking with a guest as well.

Really friendly staff, Clean hostel, friendly communal atmosphere without being a 'party hostel'. Good kitchen facilities, safe and handy that you can rent a bike. About 10 minutes walk from the station which seems a while with a lot of luggage, but a very quick bike ride in the other direction. Had a lot of fun!

This place is just amazing. Nice people, nice environment. Definitely a good place for backpackers to interact with people.

Good hostel

Staffed by an odd crew of travellers rather than locals, hardest beds I've slept in so far In my 7 month trip across Asia and pretty dated facilities. I booked a hostel 200m down the road and had a totally different, and much much better time. I've stayed in some excellent hostels in Japan, so maybe I was just a bit spoiled by the time I made it here, but either way, I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone.

Close to station, bus stop for airport and supermarket. Walk into main area about 15 mins and easy. Hostel is average but fine. But IMPORTANT NOTE if you want to use the common room/kitchen after 11am check out (eg if you have a late flight like we did) it's 1000 yen extra! We've stayed in many many hostels and never experienced this so bit of a rip off in my humble opinion.

I loved this hostel so much I made sure to stay in other J hopper hostels when I continued on my travels. They provide great resources and information on everything to do. I highly recommend staying here.

View all Fukuoka City Hostels