International Hostel Khaosan Fukuoka Reviews

11-34, Hiemachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Japan

It is an amazing hostel with super nice staff. The price is absolutly good for Japan. Also it is awesome, that this hostel doesn't offer Dorms with 10 beds. No, max 4 beds are in the rooms. And very comfortable.

• 27th Aug 2015

The staff and hostel itself were great; the staff had lots of useful information to share, and the beds were comfortable considering how cheap one's stay is. That said, there's a lack of bathrooms and several guests didn't follow the rules (men using the women's shower room for example, or people slamming doors late at night) and I wish the staff had been more strict about that sort of thing. That said, I would come again because the location was excellent! Very easy to find with the directions.

Very friendly staff but slightly far from the train station

Nice Team - thanks to the staff.

• 8th Aug 2015

A little cramped but great place. The common room is excellent too!

The staff was very nuce and extremely helpfull.

I had a very nice stay and I would come back!

This hostel was in a good location for us, but it was not very clean (it could be a just a problem at the moment we were there). The toilet was dirty and there was a cockroach in our private room.

I arrived at night and the night staff was not helpful and it was an uncomfortable environment.

Walking distance to Hakata station & bus to airport ¥170 close by. Lots of food store & restaurants around hostel. I've learned how to cook Takoyaki @byo party organized FOC by Khaosan hostel.

Pretty standard Japanese hostel. The only thing that really annoyed me was the reception being opened half an hour late on the morning of my check-in. No apology was made even though I had been waiting for an hour. Other than that, easy walking distance to the train station area, decent bunks and kitchen. Common room isn't much but it was pleasant enough.

this is our third time staying at this hostel and we have always found it friendly and reliable and comfortable.

Great hostel, staff are very friendly and helpful!

Quiet, clean and so comfortable. This was our first hostel stay and we loved it :) highly recommend this chain to anyone

On the map it looks close to the train station, but if you are carrying a bit of stuff as I was it is much easier to take a bus from Hakata station as it's quite a walk (around 15 mins). The actual hostel was nice and clean, and close to food outlets and convenience stores. Atmosphere wise, it was honestly one of the strangest hostels i've been to in the sense that the staff outnumber guests in the common area - and they all speak japanese amongst themselves. Which is a weird for a hostel.

Your standard hostel. Only stayed one night though but it's a bed to sleep in.

I walked from Hakata station and it's a bit far. But there are a convenience store and a take-out shop so that's good! And all the staffs were very friendly and kind! If I visit Fukuoka next time I'll stay there again! I could enjoy talking with a guest as well.

Really friendly staff, Clean hostel, friendly communal atmosphere without being a 'party hostel'. Good kitchen facilities, safe and handy that you can rent a bike. About 10 minutes walk from the station which seems a while with a lot of luggage, but a very quick bike ride in the other direction. Had a lot of fun!

This place is just amazing. Nice people, nice environment. Definitely a good place for backpackers to interact with people.

Good hostel