International Hostel Rooms Inverness 2 Reviews

17 Haugh Road, Inverness, Scotland

No heating beds not changed no tv in room paid deposit on line then paid 71 pounds up front asked for receipt and had thecheek to ask me for 40pence also why to have to give ur passport details nothin worth stealing wont be back

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

We needed a bed for the night and it served its purpose. It is unmanned so couldn't rate staff. The bed sheets were changed and the floor swept but that was the extent of the cleanliness

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

As long as the guy on the other end of the phone is available there is no need to worry about this staffless hostel. In my case the guy on the phone was most helpful and also allowed me to leave my cash in the room when I left in the morning..Very trusting! Good Location and close to the city centre (tip; Walk along the riverside to and from the hostel and avoid a walk up the hill!) ;

not clean rooms and one of the host was unfriendly and annoying

• 20th Sep 2014

The bed room was clean but the bathroom and restroom weren't so clean.

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel and Inverness itself. We were warmly welcomed and made to feel at home.

• 10th Sep 2014

I though the location of this place was great. I did not like the fact that I had to call the this strange number, which costs lots of money if you are calling from a USA #. Did not appreciate that what so ever. I also did not appreciate your staff being unprepared and unprofessional. When you say I can pay by card, cash, credit card debit,mean it. He didn't have a card reader, so I had to give him all my cash to pay, when it is stated I can pay by card. I thought the staff was not organized.

• 5th Sep 2014

A bit hard to find.

Very basic. No staff around when we arrived. Will not use again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The guy who works there wasn't in when we arrived, so we had to call him and he made us do some things to get our keys, not nice if you don't know English well. We couldn't pay by card so needed to go to the center to the atm and spend money at our bank to withdraw. The place was clean, unfortunately the kitchen had unclean tools.

I felt really scared.

Uncomfortable beds, noisy street.... But isn't that all hostels?

Nobody to welcome us, Just the Keys left in a coded secret box at the front door. We had to phone the supposed person in charge to give us instruccions of how to open the door. Dirt in the kitchen...... Small rooms... No receipt..... A disaster...... Extremely expensive....

Nobody inside when we arrived, just a message left in the door with some phone numbers to call. The owners didn't even know I made a booking. Very very small and poor room, same for bathroom. Very expensive for a so bad place. I didn't even slept there, just picked up my stuffs and ran away.

Great kitchen with very good amenities for self catering. Most comfortable bed since leaving home.Good showers,sorry we only stayed 1 night.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Our room was made up of beds (bunk bed) and one chair, that's it. There were 4 rooms, so approx. 10 people could live there at the same time and you had one shower and two toilets. The room and the bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. However the kitchen was a real mess, everything looked dirty and the fridge seemed to be opened for a long time or at least the milk looked like it. The location of the hostel was quite good, it took us only 3 minutes to get to the city.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

When we arrived at this hostel (after a long search because we passed it a couple of times because there is no sign whatsoever telling you that door is the hostel) we had struggle to get it and with communication with the staff. After we finally got in we were disappointed to see that there was only 1 bunkbed and 1 chair in our room. The hostel was clean though, and the kitchen was really nice. Except from the little bit awkward staff and the weird arrival it was an OK hostel.

I made a mistake with my booking and needed to change it to following week. The owner Ali told me that he will get back to me within hours. I phone him several times and sent 2 emails, 4 days later no result. I had to book another hostel. Good way how not to keep customers...

View all Inverness Apartments