International Hostel Rooms Inverness 2 Reviews

17 Haugh Road, Inverness, Scotland

The bed room was clean but the bathroom and restroom weren't so clean.

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel and Inverness itself. We were warmly welcomed and made to feel at home.

• 10th Sep 2014

I though the location of this place was great. I did not like the fact that I had to call the this strange number, which costs lots of money if you are calling from a USA #. Did not appreciate that what so ever. I also did not appreciate your staff being unprepared and unprofessional. When you say I can pay by card, cash, credit card debit,mean it. He didn't have a card reader, so I had to give him all my cash to pay, when it is stated I can pay by card. I thought the staff was not organized.

• 5th Sep 2014

A bit hard to find.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Norway

Very basic. No staff around when we arrived. Will not use again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The guy who works there wasn't in when we arrived, so we had to call him and he made us do some things to get our keys, not nice if you don't know English well. We couldn't pay by card so needed to go to the center to the atm and spend money at our bank to withdraw. The place was clean, unfortunately the kitchen had unclean tools.

I felt really scared.

Uncomfortable beds, noisy street.... But isn't that all hostels?

Nobody to welcome us, Just the Keys left in a coded secret box at the front door. We had to phone the supposed person in charge to give us instruccions of how to open the door. Dirt in the kitchen...... Small rooms... No receipt..... A disaster...... Extremely expensive....

Nobody inside when we arrived, just a message left in the door with some phone numbers to call. The owners didn't even know I made a booking. Very very small and poor room, same for bathroom. Very expensive for a so bad place. I didn't even slept there, just picked up my stuffs and ran away.

Great kitchen with very good amenities for self catering. Most comfortable bed since leaving home.Good showers,sorry we only stayed 1 night.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Our room was made up of beds (bunk bed) and one chair, that's it. There were 4 rooms, so approx. 10 people could live there at the same time and you had one shower and two toilets. The room and the bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. However the kitchen was a real mess, everything looked dirty and the fridge seemed to be opened for a long time or at least the milk looked like it. The location of the hostel was quite good, it took us only 3 minutes to get to the city.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

When we arrived at this hostel (after a long search because we passed it a couple of times because there is no sign whatsoever telling you that door is the hostel) we had struggle to get it and with communication with the staff. After we finally got in we were disappointed to see that there was only 1 bunkbed and 1 chair in our room. The hostel was clean though, and the kitchen was really nice. Except from the little bit awkward staff and the weird arrival it was an OK hostel.

I made a mistake with my booking and needed to change it to following week. The owner Ali told me that he will get back to me within hours. I phone him several times and sent 2 emails, 4 days later no result. I had to book another hostel. Good way how not to keep customers...

First, it is not parking friendly. The man that checked us in actually suggested that we park in the spot where it's a minimum of two hours and just keep going back every two hours including waking up early in the morning to put in more money. He also did not know of any other parking spots. Driving around, there were none. Secondly, the man who checked us in was not who owned the property, so he knew nothing, and it seemed like he was on something when talking to him. Very strange.

Cheap nights stay, good value. There were young children staying too so the one bathroom was in I guess the expected state. Otherwise as stated good location and a nice pub just round the corner.

The hostel is near impossible to find from the street; there is no sign and just a small A4 sized piece of paper on the door. Having said that, it was near town, the beds were comfortable, the shower okay and the staff friendly.

Our tour guide drove us to the hostel and we spent a long time finding the door as no signs can be found. He's Scottish but he also found this place very creepy. Even though we knew there wouldn't be 24/7 staff standby, we felt we're lacking of support to be in an unfamiliar city. After a while, a staff came with his girlfriend. He asked us to fill in a form while they're kissing in the kitchen. We heard weird noise coming from the kitchen when we went out for dinner. It had been an awful night.

We stayed there four night. It is really a nice time. It will be better if they can give us a discount when we want to continue our booking. Anyway, everything is fine.

• 27th May 2014
  • China

Great location right next to the town centre but the hostel was still very quiet and we slept well. Very helpful and friendly staff who waited for us past the latest check-in time because our flight was delayed. All facilities very clean and nice, not a lot of furnishing in the room but we didn't really expect that either nor needed it. We wanted a cheap place close to the town centre, and a good night's sleep - and we got just that! Would definitely book again.

• 10th May 2014