International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

get on yellow line from Reagan airport get off Mt. Vernon walk 5 min and you are there so easy; owner is so helpful with things to do, how to get there; place has homey atmosphere; not a party hostel so great for those who are looking for reasonable price accommodation without the noise; big lockers to keep your things safe; all the staff were so helpful and approachable

• 25th Jun 2015

This is a guys house that he's converted into a hostel. He lives down stairs and is nice. The house is old and not very clean. In my room, there was a mentally deranged man in his underwear staring at the wall when I checked in which was extremely uncomfortable. I arrived and my bed had no linen. The other guests were 50+ year old men. I didn't stay a night here as it was not safe or comfortable. I don't recommend this place to any young people looking for somewhere clean and sociable.

It is unfortunate we had one guest for one night that had an obvious mental condition. He was not allowed to stay another night. Our guests 80% on average are between the ages of 18 and 30. Occasionally we get older women and men. I understand Tyler's feeling concerns, and we will address those..

It was so filthy, the cleaning supplies (a bottle of bleach and a bottle of windex) had dust on them. There was a lady that cleaned the bathroom with bleach. There was a vacuum from the 60's in our dorm, covered in dust. The shower was not cleaned, I was there over a week because I had no other options. There was supposed to be an iron, no where to be found. The kitchenette was a sink, a refrigerator, and a microwave.. No plates, silver wear, drinking glasses, stove, not even a hot plate.

😄The staff were very friendly!

Very nice friendly staff, helpful and accommodingaccommoding. Clean and quiet. Would recommend

Everyone was nice. The lockers were awesome, especially for the size.

Very quiet and relaxed vibe, exactly what I wanted after adventuring by day and going out at night.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

You really couldn't ask for a better location. The staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend. Although if your looking for a place to party then I would say try someplace else.

the guy at the make believe front desk was very nice and that was all the nice you can expect from this hostel. the room was probably painted last century paint falling from the walls, no air conditioning with 95 degrees out, and the mattresses were covered in plastic underneath the sheets so the heat was only worse. the whole house was crooked literally, upon departure I got a keychain for free, as I said the guy that runs the place is super nice but the place itself is the worse place Ever

• 28th May 2015
  • Argentina

Great Hostel in Great Location!!

I reserved for 4 nights, and would up staying 6. Would have stayed another couple of nights but they were booked. A small friendly 4 story hostel. Coffee/tea & breakfast are included. Very friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely stay there again next time I am in DC.

The older man was extremely helpful, great knowledge of local transport routes and costs, as well as happy to store our bags on our last day so we didn't have to walk around with them.

• 3rd May 2015

Very welcoming, and I appreciated the free breakfast! They also give out free map and discount card for nearby Safeway. Directions on website made it easy to find. Great location to see all of downtown, and close to Metro.

• 2nd May 2015

Lovely place to stay!

Very helpful when I had to stay in Washington on short notice. Large lockers capable of storing a big suitcase big advantage. Manager very friendly and helpful. Very home-like feel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Nice stuffs, good experience.

Very quiet ,safe place. Lovely staff

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Armenia

Great location and the staff here are lovely! Fatima was very welcoming! Atmosphere was a little lacking and it was in need of a dust, but on the whole a very enjoyable stay.

The beds are very unconfortable.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

We arrived late and despite advising the property of this there was no way of us to get in because of the security code entrance. We stayed in a double ensuite room which was roomy and well equipped. The plastic mattress covers were a problem as they rustled all night, breakfast was fine and we liked the location!

• 14th Apr 2015