International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

This hostel is very dirty, without friendly atmosphere.

This is the kindest and most welcoming hostel I have encountered in DC -- and I know them all. The owner is a wonderful man and Zoe the manager is like a Russian be goddess. It's relatively small because it's a row house but it's a warm and quiet environment. Where else will you hear opera as the house music? That kind of says it all. Nice morning breakfast provided, with strong coffee, a good AC system. Many free-standing beds. Many hostel staffs are uptight and intrusive; these folks no.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Ron, who checked me in, is a great person and made my stay great. The hostel is close to everything in DC, within walking distance and next to the bus stop/metro station.

• 13th Aug 2015

Really cute little place, felt really like a big house. Great facilities with lockers, computers with printers, great breakfast. Very spacious room with kitchen facilities like a fridge in the room, which was really handy. And really good location too. Would def recommend!

Worst hostel i have ever stayed in. Me and my two friends stayed actively away from the hostel to avoid being in it for long periods of time. There was only one bathroom on the entire floor to share between 12 people and the person we shared a room with scared us. Also they did not have a card reader and had to take down my card details which I was not too happy about. Breakfast was poor and the room we stayed in was either stifling or freezing. Would not recommend.

The location of the hostel was excellent. There were a few strange bugs in the shower... and don't expect much from breakfast. But overall, great stay and good price.

Hostel staff were so friendly and made so much to help make my stay enjoyable. like with a family of it size. The location is great the price. One negative is the Air Conditioning wasn't good.

I had a great stay at International House. The location is just a nice walk away from the metro and is a block away from the Safeway 24 walmart-sized supermarket and other great trendy restaurants. My host recommended that I checked out the Open Mic event at Bus Boys and Poets bar/restaurant nearby and I am so glad I did! Amazing turn out, raw and unfiltered performances from DC locals.

I spent three nights there and the host are rally helpful. He explains very clear on how to go to the visiting spot and even recommend the best for me. We had a great talk. The house is close to a supermarket and different transportation spot. However, it is a bit dangerous to climb to the upper deck of the bed. The ladder seems not so secure to me. And it would be nice if the bathroom is cleaner. Other than that, it is a great place for you to stay in the DC

First I want to say thank you to the nice and kindly personnel. They are really helpful. But it wasn't so clean.

A great stay, close to downtown and friendly staff - thank you!!

The hostel was ok, the staff were friendly and the location was good. There just wasn't a lot of atmosphere if you are a young person looking to meet some new friends. There were no planned activities or specials on at night like most hostels which tend to get everyone together. It was just always very quiet with not much going on.

Not impressed with this place at all. For the amount my friends and I paid, we would have been able to get a nice hotel.

• 11th Jul 2015

It was wonderful, I stayed at all-female room for 3 nights, it was awesome. It was a very safe neighbourhood, and its location is perfect, you can walk to Smithsonian Institution in 15 mins and enjoy all the wonderful architectures along the way. The facilities are great, they have everything, except you need to rent the towel for $2 if you do not bring yours.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • China

I liked the books that were available for free. I made use of the free laptop computers but the internet on them was slow. Bunk beds were comfortable. The staff recommended some good nearby restaurants. I especially liked eating at Busboys and Poets and at Sweetgreens.

• 6th Jul 2015

I really appreciated the offer of taking free books - thanks again for the one I could take home with me!

• 27th Jun 2015

get on yellow line from Reagan airport get off Mt. Vernon walk 5 min and you are there so easy; owner is so helpful with things to do, how to get there; place has homey atmosphere; not a party hostel so great for those who are looking for reasonable price accommodation without the noise; big lockers to keep your things safe; all the staff were so helpful and approachable

• 25th Jun 2015

This is a guys house that he's converted into a hostel. He lives down stairs and is nice. The house is old and not very clean. In my room, there was a mentally deranged man in his underwear staring at the wall when I checked in which was extremely uncomfortable. I arrived and my bed had no linen. The other guests were 50+ year old men. I didn't stay a night here as it was not safe or comfortable. I don't recommend this place to any young people looking for somewhere clean and sociable.

It is unfortunate we had one guest for one night that had an obvious mental condition. He was not allowed to stay another night. Our guests 80% on average are between the ages of 18 and 30. Occasionally we get older women and men. I understand Tyler's feeling concerns, and we will address those..

It was a small, homey hostel with rooms that could be someones home. They could clean a bit more though but otherwise, it was a nice little place

😄The staff were very friendly!

« first « Prev 1 2 3