International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

Great location. There was no "luggage keep" so they just told me to leave my luggage in the living room when I had to checkout at 10am and my ride wasn't until 12:30. Great value for the money.

• 19th Jul 2014

THE STAFF WAS GREAT

• 17th Jul 2014

I can't praise this hostel enough! I had to stay here on short notice and they were incredibly facilitating in opening up a room for me that very night, and despite the opportunity to price gauge (considering I was hoping to book a room less than 10 hours before arriving) they provided me with the most inexpensive rate available. The best way to describe Ron, the proprietor, is as a real straight shooter. I wish I had more room for this review, but I'll leave it with I highly recommend IHofW!

• 6th Jul 2014

good location,comfortable room,feel like at home

The hostel is fine. It is well located and it is easy to walk to the main attractions. The staff is really nice and helpfull. The kitchen is a little bit small, but other than that, everything else is fine.

The room is clean and the staff are really helpful. So glad I've stayed here.

Very impressed with the staff, the man was so extremely helpful, kind and has all the information you need! Easy to find, it feels like home. Building is old, so it doesn't look VERY clean. Rooms with wifi, huge tv, fridge,micro oven and even hair dryer!

The staff was really kind. We didn't have any specific plan in DC. As soon as we checked in, the staff explained around there and which museum is popular, giving maps. That really helped us.

The staff were excellent throughout my stay. Fr

Not clean. Below the american standards. A/C not working properly, almost seems you're sleeping inside an helicopter. Old facilities. Door of the room to the street is only protected by a code (no keys, no security control). Breakfast is not that good. No atmosphere at all. Some of the rooms are rented full time to people that live there. NOT RECOMMENDED

It was a pleasure to stay there because of very kind and helpful staff

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Loved every bit of my stay. The person who runs the place is one of the nicest person I met. He would help you plan your stay and find cheaper ways to cover your trip. It feels more like a homestay than a hostel. You are free to use the kitchen area and the living room. The linen provided were cleaner than the 5 star hotel I stayed at NYC.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming, only a 20 minute walk into town where all the main attractions are. Would definately stay here again!

I stayed for 5 nights in a female only, 4-bed room. This stay was overall excellent, and I am more than pleased with the whole experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• 31st May 2014

Pleasant staff and good location. Property is in need of some love/a deep clean, and don't expect much breakfast. Otherwise the price is right.

The hostel was clean, and the service was wonderful! I arrived there late at night, but the employee gave warm welcome to me! The locker that I used was not so well-locked, but everything was fine except that! The restroom, living room, and the kitchen were clean

Friendly staff and a clean hostel at a nice location. Maybe a bit outdated but in general I was very happy about it

It is a nice hostel. Very close to the heart of Washington DC and in a nice neighborhood. Rooms are good, and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 20th May 2014
  • Turkey

Very friendly and small place. Perfect for backpackers. Good WiFi, big lockers at every bed, several electricity plugs at every bed and also a lamp. Old building.

The owner was really helpful from the beginning till the end and the feeling was very homey. Our room had big beds, TV, books, wifi and a fridge. It was difficult to find the hostel and even the locals didn't know which hostel we were talking about when we asked for directions. Some sign somewhere would be helpful. The house was historically important and preserved, so they could not hang any signs on it, but maybe a sign on the street somewhere would be good.

• 6th May 2014