International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

It was a pleasure to stay there because of very kind and helpful staff

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Loved every bit of my stay. The person who runs the place is one of the nicest person I met. He would help you plan your stay and find cheaper ways to cover your trip. It feels more like a homestay than a hostel. You are free to use the kitchen area and the living room. The linen provided were cleaner than the 5 star hotel I stayed at NYC.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming, only a 20 minute walk into town where all the main attractions are. Would definately stay here again!

I stayed for 5 nights in a female only, 4-bed room. This stay was overall excellent, and I am more than pleased with the whole experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• 31st May 2014

Pleasant staff and good location. Property is in need of some love/a deep clean, and don't expect much breakfast. Otherwise the price is right.

The hostel was clean, and the service was wonderful! I arrived there late at night, but the employee gave warm welcome to me! The locker that I used was not so well-locked, but everything was fine except that! The restroom, living room, and the kitchen were clean

Friendly staff and a clean hostel at a nice location. Maybe a bit outdated but in general I was very happy about it

It is a nice hostel. Very close to the heart of Washington DC and in a nice neighborhood. Rooms are good, and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• 20th May 2014
  • Turkey

Very friendly and small place. Perfect for backpackers. Good WiFi, big lockers at every bed, several electricity plugs at every bed and also a lamp. Old building.

The owner was really helpful from the beginning till the end and the feeling was very homey. Our room had big beds, TV, books, wifi and a fridge. It was difficult to find the hostel and even the locals didn't know which hostel we were talking about when we asked for directions. Some sign somewhere would be helpful. The house was historically important and preserved, so they could not hang any signs on it, but maybe a sign on the street somewhere would be good.

• 6th May 2014
  • Finland

Great hostel on a great location with awesome staff! Def. recommend staying here. For me it was a bit over my budget, so later in the week I moved to HI. I really regretted that, because this was so much better! It is clean, they give out free maps and help you a lot. The girl who works there borrowed me her own umbrella which was really nice. I had an awesome time here and met some great people. It is not a party hostel, but there are bars nearby. Only a 20 min. walk from Union Station.

Great Staff and wonderful location!

• 21st Apr 2014

We felt very well treated by a dedicated and service-minded staff. From arrival we were achieved with smiling and helpful staff, giving a map of the city, and short walkthrough their recommendations to what to see, coupons and discount opportunities. On top of that they managed to organize that an other guest brought things that we forgot at the hotel after departure. Super Service

The location may be a bit difficult to find even after you arrived at the subway station, because the appearance of the house is very subtle. Actually you need to walk past and forth several times to be sure of it. But once you are familiar with its location it is actually very convenient. The staff are very nice, easy going and knowledgable about the city. The facilities are easy to use and clean. Being close to a 24-hour supermarket is another plus!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • China

They are very very kind, they are very open to help you out with any thing that you need, they give you advises about the city, what to visit and how to get to everywhere. They let you print and use the computers for free. They do more than what you expect, very nice people.

The basement room is a bit worn out, but I cant complain about anything. Ron, the owner is really nice. Would recommend this place.

The owner is so nice and accommodating. Me and my two friends stayed in a four female room and we ended up having the room for ourselves because the other girl wasn't there. You get a bathroom inside the room which is convenient , not like other hostels where you have to go outside your room to find the bathroom. The location is really good, close to Chinatown. Very good price for dc!

• 10th Apr 2014

30mins walk to the mall and anywhere else of interest. The staff was nice, especially the main lady, I could tell she really looked after the place (example, refusing to put bed sheets on because they weren't clean enough - nice!). This is NOT a party hostel, do not stay if you want to drink and go out. The room i was in didn't have a lock so anyone could just walk in - not good. Basic facilities but enough to do what you need done. not much atmosphere - hard to meet people outside your room

Very Nice hostel! There are two entrances which make things easier. There is a parking lot and the staff helps you whenever you want to go out. Confy beds. Simple but very good breakfast. The place is well-located too, having a lot of food options nearby - even at night. In the room, there is a microwave and a fridge, which is really nice if you want to buy food. The bathroom is the only downside, as it was not very clean (flip-flops highly needed) as it is only cleaned once a day. Overall: 👍

Staff is very considerate.

• 5th Apr 2014