International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

Very nice friendly staff, helpful and accommodingaccommoding. Clean and quiet. Would recommend

Everyone was nice. The lockers were awesome, especially for the size.

Very quiet and relaxed vibe, exactly what I wanted after adventuring by day and going out at night.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

You really couldn't ask for a better location. The staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend. Although if your looking for a place to party then I would say try someplace else.

the guy at the make believe front desk was very nice and that was all the nice you can expect from this hostel. the room was probably painted last century paint falling from the walls, no air conditioning with 95 degrees out, and the mattresses were covered in plastic underneath the sheets so the heat was only worse. the whole house was crooked literally, upon departure I got a keychain for free, as I said the guy that runs the place is super nice but the place itself is the worse place Ever

• 28th May 2015
  • Argentina

Great Hostel in Great Location!!

I reserved for 4 nights, and would up staying 6. Would have stayed another couple of nights but they were booked. A small friendly 4 story hostel. Coffee/tea & breakfast are included. Very friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely stay there again next time I am in DC.

The older man was extremely helpful, great knowledge of local transport routes and costs, as well as happy to store our bags on our last day so we didn't have to walk around with them.

• 3rd May 2015

Very welcoming, and I appreciated the free breakfast! They also give out free map and discount card for nearby Safeway. Directions on website made it easy to find. Great location to see all of downtown, and close to Metro.

• 2nd May 2015

Lovely place to stay!

Very helpful when I had to stay in Washington on short notice. Large lockers capable of storing a big suitcase big advantage. Manager very friendly and helpful. Very home-like feel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Nice stuffs, good experience.

Very quiet ,safe place. Lovely staff

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Armenia

Great location and the staff here are lovely! Fatima was very welcoming! Atmosphere was a little lacking and it was in need of a dust, but on the whole a very enjoyable stay.

The beds are very unconfortable.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

We arrived late and despite advising the property of this there was no way of us to get in because of the security code entrance. We stayed in a double ensuite room which was roomy and well equipped. The plastic mattress covers were a problem as they rustled all night, breakfast was fine and we liked the location!

• 14th Apr 2015

++ Good location (close to Chinatown, Metro, Mall) Quite clean -- Bad service (took us around 15 to check-in, we had to explain to the receptionist how to use her own spreadsheets (!), could not pay with credit card in the beginning) Uncomfortable beds Dorm room can not be locked; people (staff members) walking through the room all the time Only 1 shower and 1 toilet for 6 people + staff members All in all a weird place where we didn't feel at home...

This is my second stay at this hostel. Cleanliness has improved aa great deal. All was quite good. Would recommend.

• 8th Apr 2015

The guy who runs this place is nice and very helpful. The facilities are not at all fancy. If you care about looks you might want to find something else. There is no big sign or anything in the front - it looks pretty run down. But if you want just a basic place to stay it can be alright.

Basic hostel with outstanding staff and excellent location, a walking distance to the major highlights in DC.

View all Washington DC Hostels