International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

Very friendly staff who are interested in making you feel at home and engage in conversations with you. The owners offers discounts for the cinema, museums and for the supermarket.

Way too many silly rules no alcohol allowed at all and i was told off for having my shirt off while i was shaving.

The Hostel is in a great location and the staff members are very personable and helpful. There are computers available to use. But the dangerous steps up to the door of the Hostel and the poor lighting (outside & indoors) is of concern. Many bulbs in the hallway and in my room were not working. The water in my bathroom was incredibly hot; I could not get cold water. Because I liked the staff, I would like to be able to recommend the Hostel, but I can't until the facilities are upgraded.

• 29th Sep 2015

great place to stay.. even only 1 night. great staff (zoey) very nice.. also the older gentleman (Maybe the owner) also great. I left my towel there.. I guess it's my gift to the hostel. :D Definitely to stay again someday! good location! Btw.. I told to zoey & the older gentleman that I'm a game developer.. now.. please don't forget to play my game called 'Poo Poo Birds' and give me the review. Thanks guy! roy, california

Great place, close to sights, helpful staff

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Northern Mariana Islands

I traveled US and I recommend this place is the best hostel. The owner man is very interesting, kind, and funny person. And staff is also interesting people. I felt at home and relaxed and was only eased this place in US. I could use facility easily and there were free tea, coffee, and breakfast. And last, I could get free souvenir at last day. I understand its very comfortable and some people lived there.

I loved this place. Staff was truly friendly and extra-helpful. My room was cozy and clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast is satisfying and free! Great space to park my car at a great price. Location simply could not have been better. Ten minute walk to yummy and affordable ramen shop/izakaya, and a fifteen minute straight shot to the breathtaking collection at the National Gallery. Surrounded by historical districts perfect for wandering. Beautiful architecture.

• 25th Sep 2015

The location is good (not too far from metro station and a 24hours open shop) but far from night life and other point of interest. Staff is very friendly but rare, I couldn't find a city map in the hostel and had to find one by myself, breakfast is ok.. Only 1 restroom for the whole floor (shower and wc). Room and restroom not very clean, but huge locked storage for your luggage in the room, which is very convenient.

The staff was very friendly and helpful as always. You never really feel like you are in a "hostel" here The accommodations are fairly spare. The basement room was quite large and I liked the separate exit to the street. However, one shower and one toilet for all those folks meant a lot of shuffle. The experience partly depends on the guests. This was a pretty self-centered group of young European men who acted like no one else was in the room. Make sure you bring ear plugs and a mask!

Super clean hostel located in Chinatown with a wonderful kitchen and friendly staff. All the beds had outlets and the Wi-Fi worked well. Has a free breakfast, lockers, and a 24-hour supermarket just a few blocks away.

The condition of the property isn't good. The kitchen table, chairs, lookers, etc are under everything I've seen. The building is falling apart. Internet connection is slow and beds are old. A/C to loud to make it through the night. . It feels like they taken a house that is to poor to live in and turn it into a hostel so they can use it for something. Good location and 20-25 min walk to the main attractions. 4 min walk to Safeway. Staff is nice and helpful.

Extremely nice owner! Good spot to spend a night or two.

Another one-night stay that I enjoyed. You cannot beat the price when it is reduced to $25.00. It's not the Ritz but who care? Staff is always so friendly. Met some interesting guests. And what can I say about Miss Clairol? One of a kind! :o))))

The staff were who really made my stay here special, they were extremely friendly and helpful (especially the woman whos name slipped my mind sorry), giving me directions into town and helping me with my bags. The shower seemed to only have one setting - boiling - but for the price I paid at quite last minute it was a very pleasant night. Thank you

• 2nd Sep 2015

Showers were cold no matter what time of day it was used. Heaps of bugs in the shower and I felt very uncomfortable. The beds had a plastic cover over them and the sheets they provided were very ill-fitting and came off every night even though I'm a very still sleeper. Didn't have a common area which was odd for a hostel. No signs whatsoever on the outside of the building and was quite confusing. They did have free international phone calls which was pretty awesome. Wouldn't stay here again.

This hostel is very dirty, without friendly atmosphere.

This is the kindest and most welcoming hostel I have encountered in DC -- and I know them all. The owner is a wonderful man and Zoe the manager is like a Russian be goddess. It's relatively small because it's a row house but it's a warm and quiet environment. Where else will you hear opera as the house music? That kind of says it all. Nice morning breakfast provided, with strong coffee, a good AC system. Many free-standing beds. Many hostel staffs are uptight and intrusive; these folks no.

Ron, who checked me in, is a great person and made my stay great. The hostel is close to everything in DC, within walking distance and next to the bus stop/metro station.

• 13th Aug 2015

Really cute little place, felt really like a big house. Great facilities with lockers, computers with printers, great breakfast. Very spacious room with kitchen facilities like a fridge in the room, which was really handy. And really good location too. Would def recommend!

1 2 Next » last »