International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

If you're looking for good relaxed energy and excellent location this is perfect. No fuss no drama just a straight up bed.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Ron was awesome.. he was really accomodating excrpt for the girl tenant. I like the ambiance of the room in the basement. The only disadvantage is that, that room is nearer to girl tenants room. So better behave and be extra careful.

Nice location near to main attractions. However the house itself is very old and requires reconstruction, poor breakfast, a little bit strange staff. Ok to stay 1 night, not more

Thank you Greg! You made this hostel. He will go out of his way to answer every question or do anything he can to help you out. Only complaint was our room was like a sauna with no way to turn the heater off.

No complaints, staff were friendly and helpful and the location was within walking distance of most major locations. Only minor complaint was the availability of bathrooms!

It was a great time in International Hall. I get to know several friends they are from Europe and Australia. It is a really memorable trip there. And I really like the host. He is a such sweet men.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • China

NO COMMENT.

I was surprised to found nobody came to the door for thirty minutes. There was a phone number listed to call but the phone was disconnected and my cell didnt work as I just arrived in the country. The hostel is not in a place I feel comfortable or safe waiting outside at night with luggage. When someone finally came to the door he was unapologetic and rattled off a list of rules and the codes instead of providing a welcome.

Interesting manager, friendly and helpful.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • China

Great place to stay, the lady working when I arrived was very nice and explained everthing I needed to know. Highly recommend this place.

DO NOT GO THERE! We were really disappointed, In the description it was stated: Breakfast included. Cereals, milk and Toast is no real hostel breakfast. The rooms really looked bad and could need some renovation! Only the location is good. Otherwise we will not recommend that hostel! Also parking is mentioned as included and suddenly it cost 10$. Never again! No real hostel! We do not understand why this is even listed in Hostelworld!!

• 22nd Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay, the manager was great, friendly, thoughtful, enjoyed our talks... He was very receptive to my needs! Thank you Greg!!!!!

• 20th Nov 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay you found it. It doesnt look like a hostel, even i dont think is a hostel, is more like a house that was adapted to function as a hostel. In spite of that, this hostel offer you a quiet environment to stay.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Its not worth the money at all. The location is near the center, but the hostel was dirty and untidy. Also it smelled very bad and I heard about some mice in the building! I don't know who was writing all the good comments down there, but they must have been in another hostel! So: choose something else!

I really had a great time in here. The staff was really helpful: they made me and my friends feel comfortable from the very beginning, the show us the building, the provide us the local map, a discount card to go shopping in a food store. Definitely a good experience!

• 7th Nov 2014

great people!!

The owner was very nice and helpfull. Room (downstairs) was a bit strange, there was a kitchen inside which the neighbourroom also used. Location perfect, close to the city and supermarket arround the corner.

• 27th Oct 2014