International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

The host was excellent and the rooms were clean and I really appreciated the fresh sheets and blanket that was handed to me. Super close to a Safeway for everything I needed to buy as well as Chinatown. The hostel felt very safe and not noisy so I had a great sleep. The bathroom isn't bad, but there is a bit of mildew in the shower and there's a moldy smell coming out of the drain. It's nothing that a bit of drain cleaner a good scrubbing can't fix though.

• 20th Aug 2014

Nice, clean and quiet hostel, close to the centre. Perfect for what I wanted!

Didnt like it, it looked like a regular house with to some beds.. Not really a nice hostel.

It's near to the White House and China Town,all the things good,and love the admission so much!!!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • China

Ron was very friendly and helpful. He provided me a lot of information and some tips for my trip. I would choose here again if I go to Washington again. :)

The hostel is really cool, the staff are really helpful and its location is really convenient. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Chile

A friendly welcome, lots of explanations on how to get the best out of local attractions, and even discount coupons and free phone calls, made this a very relaxing, comfortable and "homely" place to stay. There are a lot of students staying here and if you're looking for a "party hostel" or wild backpacker drinking nights, this is not it. It is a very quiet and relaxing place and was a welcome relief after a pretty bad hostel expereience in New York.

Great location. There was no "luggage keep" so they just told me to leave my luggage in the living room when I had to checkout at 10am and my ride wasn't until 12:30. Great value for the money.

• 19th Jul 2014

THE STAFF WAS GREAT

• 17th Jul 2014

I can't praise this hostel enough! I had to stay here on short notice and they were incredibly facilitating in opening up a room for me that very night, and despite the opportunity to price gauge (considering I was hoping to book a room less than 10 hours before arriving) they provided me with the most inexpensive rate available. The best way to describe Ron, the proprietor, is as a real straight shooter. I wish I had more room for this review, but I'll leave it with I highly recommend IHofW!

• 6th Jul 2014

good location,comfortable room,feel like at home

The hostel is fine. It is well located and it is easy to walk to the main attractions. The staff is really nice and helpfull. The kitchen is a little bit small, but other than that, everything else is fine.

The room is clean and the staff are really helpful. So glad I've stayed here.

Very impressed with the staff, the man was so extremely helpful, kind and has all the information you need! Easy to find, it feels like home. Building is old, so it doesn't look VERY clean. Rooms with wifi, huge tv, fridge,micro oven and even hair dryer!

The staff was really kind. We didn't have any specific plan in DC. As soon as we checked in, the staff explained around there and which museum is popular, giving maps. That really helped us.

1 2 Next » last »