International House of Washington Reviews

1110 6th st. nw, Washington, DC, Washington DC, USA

This is a guys house that he's converted into a hostel. He lives down stairs and is nice. The house is old and not very clean. In my room, there was a mentally deranged man in his underwear staring at the wall when I checked in which was extremely uncomfortable. I arrived and my bed had no linen. The other guests were 50+ year old men. I didn't stay a night here as it was not safe or comfortable. I don't recommend this place to any young people looking for somewhere clean and sociable.

It is unfortunate we had one guest for one night that had an obvious mental condition. He was not allowed to stay another night. Our guests 80% on average are between the ages of 18 and 30. Occasionally we get older women and men. I understand Tyler's feeling concerns, and we will address those..

It was a small, homey hostel with rooms that could be someones home. They could clean a bit more though but otherwise, it was a nice little place

😄The staff were very friendly!

Very nice friendly staff, helpful and accommodingaccommoding. Clean and quiet. Would recommend

Everyone was nice. The lockers were awesome, especially for the size.

Very quiet and relaxed vibe, exactly what I wanted after adventuring by day and going out at night.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

You really couldn't ask for a better location. The staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend. Although if your looking for a place to party then I would say try someplace else.

the guy at the make believe front desk was very nice and that was all the nice you can expect from this hostel. the room was probably painted last century paint falling from the walls, no air conditioning with 95 degrees out, and the mattresses were covered in plastic underneath the sheets so the heat was only worse. the whole house was crooked literally, upon departure I got a keychain for free, as I said the guy that runs the place is super nice but the place itself is the worse place Ever

• 28th May 2015