International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

It is literally right next to central park in the middle of Manhattan. Totally worth to stay here, so just book it. By the way if you are planning to cook, be aware you may need to buy all the groceries including salt and sugar :)

I thought the price and location was great but after a night it was not worth it. I recommend staying at a place where more amenities are available

Hi, I was very positively supprised by this hostel and I extended my stay right away. I got an offer on hostelworld for $40 in a 2bed room, that's why I can only rate the value for money as "excellent", and was lucky to have meet a nice room mate. The showers are ok and cleaner than some of the hostels I've seen. The beds are a bit short for a 6-foot-4-inches tall man, but that happens to me in most places. Walking a couple of blocks west on the street we found decent restaurants and shops.

• 2nd May 2015

Really convenient location, nice staff. This hostel is a good way to connect with people's. The curtains deserve to be thicker ...

• 1st May 2015

Very cool and cheap hostel. Very nice atmosphere, nice leaving room for discussions.

• 26th Apr 2015

The location is just great, next to central park and in the beautiful upper westside! But, the rooms and beds are not great. Everything is kind of old and unclean. Also I wasn't allowed to bring my backpack in the room so I had to go downstairs to change all the time. Most of all I was surprised by the receptionists. They are all very similar in a way that they are all really really introverted, speak softly, seem kind of sad and shy and are not that helpful. Also the no WiFi-thing is so unhandy

Good hostal and good location!!

The location is excellent! A large variety of restaurants and super markets all really close by. Central Park is really close as is the subway. The staff were really helpful and friendly. They had so much advice and knowledge to pass on. I left some baggage on my shuttle to the hostel and they exceeded my expectations with helping me out to get it back. Their willingness to help guests really stood out for me. Negatives - can't bring luggage in room and no wifi.

A really nice hostel with a great common area/kitchen right next to central park, a short walk away from the MET!

Shower didn't work

• 15th Apr 2015

it's the place if you want to save money and just for sleep

I enjoy staying in this hostel. It was clean and the personel was friendly. The location is close to a subway station and it is only a short ride to downtown Manhattan. My room (8-pers dorm) was surprisingly large, considering that the hostel is in Manhattan. The common room is large and the kitchen is well equiped. It is however inconvenient that the hostel does not allow to bring your suitcase to your room (fire restrictions). Unfortunately there is no wifi available from the hostel.

• 11th Apr 2015

This hostel was ideally located in a super nice neighbourhood in NY. Advantages: it's very close to a subway line, quite reasonably priced, with really friendly and helpful staff and a good atmosphere of young American/Canadian and European travellers. Disadvantages: the bathroom and kitchen facilities are a bit out-of-date. I also didn't receive a fitted sheet for my mattress, which made sleeping on a regular sheet quite awkward especially after 3 nights. Minor issues all in all. I recommend!!!

ISC is not a bad place to stay. The location is excellent! Subway very close. And Central Park just around the corner. However, you get what you pay for. The fact that they have no wifi really is a bummer. They want you to be more social. But you still are. And the cleaninghours are just riddiciolus. The straff was avarage. A cheap, okey hostel with many strange rules. Bathrooms and dorms were okey but could use som new beds. Otherwise totaly okey!

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Just amazing.

We met so many amazing people during our stay. It's a great environment to come back to after spending the day out and about.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great youth hostel !

The staff is really helpful (thakn´s for all Rome, Peter and Mike) and the location is awesome, you got the subway right on the corner. It´s a nice build, a little older all the things but you can handle. The atmosphere is good but depends entirely on you and the guests because the hostel doesn't have many activities. I think that three things will be helpful: wi-fi, another computer and a printer.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The staff are absolutely awesome! The ISC provides a very social atmosphere while being located near everything in the city. Will stay here and nowhere else from now on!

• 22nd Mar 2015

A really cheap and clean hostel with super friendly staff. It is a good hostel to explore the city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3