International Student Center

Fabulous 2374 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
14th Aug 2017
5.7

The dormitory was super dirty

• USA, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2017

Very safe location! My belongings were always secure, and I felt very safe at all hours in the neighborhood.

6th Aug 2017

Awesome place to stay. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The only downside was they had no printer and I had to walk around to find a print shop to print my bus ticket.

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We appreciate it. Unfortunately there is no printer in the hostel but there is one around the corner from us! Please come back and visit us anytime! Best, ISC Staff

• Germany, Female, 18-24
31st Jul 2017
8.0

The location of the hostel is key! I can accept anything as long as the location is central and the price is reasonable. So i didn't expect the matresses to be the freshest and they weren't. I wouldn't call the hostel particularly dirty. It is just very old, which comes with some hygienic doubts. The washrooms on the girls floor (the highest level) was fine. Most annoying (not big) thing of all: WIFI. It was ridiculous. I couldn't even load snapchat videos in a normal time. Let alone a website!

25th Jul 2017

The ISC was one of the best Hostels I stayed on my transcontinental. The location ist premium, next to the 86th ST Station around the corner from the Science Museum. They cleaned the Bathroom everyday, but the house is old so dont expect to see a fancy place. The lounge is a good place to meet other travelers, too. Kitchen was small but clean and well equipped. The only downside were the shakily bunks, you could ajust a few screws here. But othetwise I had a blast here. Price-value is awesome.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We really appreciate it. We will be sure to look into your suggestion. Thank you again! Come back and visit us again! Best, ISC Staff

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

The basic (but functional) facilities are more than made up for by the charming staff and relaxed atmosphere. For the quintessential New York backpacker experience, you can't beat the International Student Centre.

Thanks for your kind review! We appreciate it. Please come back and visit us again!! Best, ISC Staff

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2017

This hostel was amazingly clean, and it was run very professionally by kind staff. I was there for three nights and stayed in the all women dorm, but it wasn't very social, so maybe the mixed gender dorms were more social. My room wasn't full, which was surprising to me for the middle of summer. Internet isn't great, but you aren't coming to New York for that. My only real complaint is that where you leave your suitcases/purse etc downstairs isn't very secure, because anyone can take any bag.

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it.Unfortunately we have to abide by NYC fire codes - that is way larger suitcases can not be brought up stairs. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you come back and visit us. We loved having you!

18th Jul 2017

Great place to stay right next to Central Park. No air conditioning but fans worked out well.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We really appreciate it. We do have air conditioning! Maybe it was not on when you were there. We sincerely apologize about that. Please come back and visit us again! Best, ISC Staff

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
4.3

I didn't even stay one night at the property- for the price I was expecting so much better. You have to leave your suitcase in the office and not take it with you to your room... which sounds doable but in practice when you're 4 floors up with no elevator i think it'd get very old very quickly. The wifi only works in the basement, no signal at all upstairs, old facilities, hot rooms- and even though i stayed one hour and dint use anything- i still sacrificed 2 NIGHTS of my planned stay. Rubbish.

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have to abide by NYC fire codes - that is why bigger suitcases cannot be brought upstairs. We do apologize for the WiFi. We are looking into other options. However it does work downstairs in our lounge. We do have air conditioning in all our rooms that get turned on at 7pm every night. Again, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Best, ISC Staff

• Guatemala, Male, 25-30
13th Jul 2017

First of all the staff was amazing, very attentive and helpful. The room I was in was decent size and the array is pretty good, you don't feel "cramped" with 10 people there. Common area was nice and comfy, only bad thing is that during summer it can be rather hot (even with the fans on). The location is good, you have Central Park right next to you and a variety of bars and restaurants near you.

Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate it. We do have air conditioning in all of our rooms that we turn on at 7pm every day. Please come back and visit us anytime. Best, ISC Staff