• 38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA
Fabulous 1,860 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,860 Total Reviews
International Student Center Located at 38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York.
USA
New York NY New York, NY 10 38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024
80% 1860
40.7870380 -73.9694890
    Rooms available

18th Apr 2016
8.0

Good location, close to the B & 1 lines and Central Park. Some strange rules about not being in the unit from 12-3 for cleaning, issues with getting warm water for morning showers and an average atmosphere keep it from being a 9 or 10 but would still recommend.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2016
7.4

This place does have a few flaws, including the rooms being slightly dusty and the stairs tiling at an angle making it quite alarming. However, I does have several positives, like a clean bathroom, it's location and it's price. I've never stayed at any other hostel in nyc but this is a solid choice for your nyc travels if you're looking for something cheap.

• toraotattoo
  • Brazil, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2016

Very cool staff!!! Awesome hostel full of cool people,art and the best location...i left a painting for them to put on the wall with the other awesome artists:) @kayandaya

• Colombia, Mixed Group, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Convenient location, very close from Central Park, some museums, plus a Subway station which made moving around easier. Great neighborhood, very residential and calm. Staff was friendly and fantastic, really eager to help with my early check out. I loved the common area. Everything was neat and tidy, lots of books, magazines, table games... The furniture seemed quite dated, but the vibrant paintings and the juvenile atmosphere compensates that. I'm looking forward to come again! :)

Thank you for your review. We would be glad to host you again! -ISC Staff

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2016
4.6

The staff wasn't very friendly. At arrival there was no tour or any indication of the where about of the facilities. Next to that it seems like you have to pay extra for everything (towels, storing luggage, internet)

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you found the staff unfriendly. We always look to engage with our guests. Please note that our Wi-Fi is free to use and that we only charge for luggage storage on the day of check-out. -ISC Staff

• USA, Female, 31-40
6th Apr 2016

I'm probably not their target audience (I'm a little older and I'm from the US), so next time, I would probably choose to stay somewhere a little nicer, but I would still say this is a great value for the money. The location was great for me (not in the middle of it all, but in a nice part of town) and the staff was super helpful. All around, a good experience.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

Amazing location!! Located on the upper west side one block from Central Park and very close to the subway. Close to grocery stores and cafes! Half an hour walk to central Manhatten. Great staff, very secure building. Kitchen facilities. Best hostel I've stayed in.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We hope we can accommodate you again in the future. -ISC Staff

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
18th Mar 2016

I stayed for 13 nights, more than I thought. The staff were very helpful; they allowed me to stay in their room because I didnt book enought days and the hostel was busy. I liked specially the location, just few steps to blue line of subway, just half block to the Central Park, I liked the neighborhood: buy food at Zabar's, the bars over the Amsterdam Ave, the nice cafes, I think the atmosphere was pretty authentic, distinct than the heavy ambient in midtown. Thank you guys -Carlos C, Colombia.

17th Mar 2016

Highly recommended. Excellent for the price!

Thank you for your review. We hope to host you again in the future! - ISC Staff

• Peru, Male, 18-24
16th Mar 2016
7.7

A great location if you consider distances both to downtown and LaGuardia airport. The staff was friendly, but it would be better if they showed you the place and walked you to the common areas. The atmosphere was OK, but they never organized anything to make the guests meet, even though the hostel was full and I stayed 4 nights including the weekend.