• 38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA
8.1
Fabulous 1,906 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 1,906 Total Reviews
International Student Center Located at 38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York.
USA
New York NY New York, NY 10 38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024
81% 1906
40.7870380 -73.9694890
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
23rd May 2016

The staff were lovely, the location was spot on, and the hostel common area was great. Unfortunately my stay was somewhat ruined due to a contingent of interns staying in my room and keeping me awake all night. I was in room 2, and there was a group of 4-5 guys who knew each other who wouldn't turn the light off each night and were needlessly loud and disruptive. They were like this during the mornings too, which meant that a restful nights sleep was impossible. More monitoring of this needed

• USA, Female, 25-30
19th May 2016

The location on the Upper West Side is incredible. As far as NYC goes, it is safe, quiet and not as congested as downtown. I loved being able to walk to Central Park, the MET, and the Museum of Natural History. I stayed in a 6 - girl room that was booked full both nights. I would stay here again!

19th May 2016
8.0

ISC is a really chill hostel in a phenomenal location. The staff was great (especially enjoyed chatting with Eden), and they were super helpful and accommodating. The bedroom could have used some more outlets and some reading lights, but other than that, everything was great!

We greatly appreciate your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and will certainly take your suggestions into consideration. -ISC Staff

18th May 2016

Right next to Central Park and the subway so good location I thought. I only stayed for 1 night. The staff on the front desk were very helpful

Thank you for the review. We hope we can accommodate you again in the future! -ISC Staff

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016

I really liked it, although I was at the fourth floor and there were only stairs. The staff was helpful and the location is awesome.

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th May 2016

I was so pleased with my experience at the International Student Center. Everything exceeded my expectations. I plan on staying there every time I go to New York, at least until I age out! Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
8th May 2016
5.7

Great location with nearby connections straight to downtown NY, but that's the only real selling point. The facilities are very old, the shower takes ages to warm up, very tiny security lockers in the room (couldn't fit my laptop in there) and no padlock provided. I had to get a locker two floors down to put all my stuff in ($5 deposit). You get kicked out of your room for 4 hours every day just for the cleaning. Mixed Wi-Fi reception. No activities. Staff friendly and helpful though.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
7th May 2016

Nice place! Perfect location, extremely quiet and clean.

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to host again in the future! -ISC Staff

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th May 2016
6.0

I stayed at ISC for 2 nights while on a stopover. For a quick stay it is perfect. The location is amazing, right near Central Park, subway station at the end of the street, also easy to walk all around Manhattan from there. It is annoying to leave your luggage downstairs as it felt like there was nowhere to keep my items safe in my room. Bathrooms clean with good shower pressure. Mattresses could use a mattress protector as they're a bit gross.

Thank you for review. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the mattresses. We provide fresh sheets to all guests to ensure comfort in this regard. -ISC Staff

• rvarvelo7316
  • Argentina, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
28th Apr 2016

Great location, only half a block from Central Park, some museums and Subway station (and another line just 5 blocks away on opposite direction). Staff was very friendly and willing to assist (thank you Eden and Peter for your help!) . The only critic I have is that we can't take the luggage to the room, but its understandable. Highly recommended :)

Thank you for reviewing. Our staff is always happy to help, and we're glad that you were happy with our location. We understand that the baggage rule can be inconvenient, but it is required by the NYC fire department, so there is no getting around it. Safe Travels, ISC Staff