International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

I like the common room a lot, hostel is in a good area, staff are helpful Main issues were lack of available bathrooms, no wifi to research travel plans

That's a nice building and nice staffs. It's a little pity that no wifi and plug in the room, and charged for $1 per hour if you want to keep the luggage after check out.

I had a lot problems during my stay in the International Student Center. The staff was so impolite and unfriendly with me. In my second day there, my gray blouse and my black paints fall away. I talked for the people responsible and nobody help me find my clothes. I had good experiences in others hostel in Canada, but this was the worst place that I stayed in my life!!!! I'll never recomend this local to my friends...so so awful!!!!!

• 23rd Apr 2014

We are sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. Please keep in mind we are not responsible for your belongings. If we do find anything out of place in the rooms we leave it in it's place but to the side and out of the way. It seems we did not find anything of the sort. This is the same with any business or hotel. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Safe Travels! ISC Staff

Wouldn't let us take bags to the rooms. Kitchen was really well equipped. Great location. Stairs about to fall. NO WI-FI. Poor beds, no towels, really old building. No lockers for the luggage. Wouldn't recommend unless running on a budget or just looking for a close place.

It is a cheap hostel. If you are an organized person it is okay but I struggled. Luggage is not allowed in the rooms which means you have to plan ahead because the luggage/office closes at 11pm and opens at 8am. It was close to train lines and Central Park. The staircase looks like its going to fall off the wall. Not enough bathrooms compared to the number of people. Overall good for a cheap place to stay but it wasn't a place to make friends or hang out. Better for groups than individuals.

• 22nd Apr 2014

i love the location every time i go to this hostel

I have been there before and you have to know what to expect. Old property, no luggage allowed in rooms, but if you are there for a short time, it is the right place because you're not going to find anything cheaper in Manhattan.

Excellent location for a hostel in the Upper West Side of New York, right next to Central Park. The Subway is two streets away and the area is nice and quiet while being on the edge of Downtown Manhattan. The dormitory and bathroom were very clean and it was well managed for the two days we were there.

• 18th Apr 2014

Great value!!! Upper west side is an amazing location a minute from central park and 86th street station! Really cool and safe neighborhood, shopping restaurants and bars in walking distance! Really good if you prefer quiet hostels! Although common area downstairs does provide a nice place to socialize! Travel light though, like a normal size backpack, as big bags have to stay in the office which is closed from 11 pm-8am!

• 17th Apr 2014

Good location. Luggage not alow in the rooms: you have to leave them in the reception: pretty unconfortable... No wi fi. However good value for money

the room wasn`t very clean, and there were some hair on the bed :S but it`s near central park and 1 block from the subway station wich is great!

The hostel was great, clean, located in very good place, and the staff is very friendly. No wi-fi and that rule that you cant take your bags upstairs are a little bit weird but you get used to.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

I had a great time in this hostel, it´s a good choice.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Great Hostel, great ubication just half a block from Central park. Staff nice, very clean and comfortable.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Would be nice to have wifi. These days it makes travel a lot more difficult without having free internet in where you stay.

The best hostel ever. We feel like we were at home.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Was my first ever stay at a hostel & I loved it. Living at the ISC is like living in a nice old house. I felt secure on the female-only floor, and it is a residential part of NYC. Really convenient. People were quiet & there were no loud noises, even though it was a Friday night. Got a good night's sleep. Excellent price. Only complaint is perhaps replacing some of the more worn bed sheets.

• 4th Apr 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your concern- we always appreciate it when guests let us know how we can improve the hostel! We will make sure to give the bed sheets a thorough look and provide new ones. Safe travels! ISC Staff

Nice hostel with an awesome location. The common room and kitchen are awesome as well. The rooms are a little bit cold, so pack a jumper!

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hostel is super clean and very well maintained. Thank you very much!

You are very welcome we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! :) Best, ISC Staff

Nights to remember in NY! Thank you All, but mostly ... Nahida! :-)