International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

Location and cleanliness are good but don't be fooled by the "facilities" as listed on hostel world. I found when i got there that air conditioning actually means, it only works when the humidity reaches a certain level, i stayed there on some hot days and the heat inside was unbearable but still not hot enough for the aircon, and i'm australian! Same goes for the ceiling fans, they are just there for the light fittings but don't work. You also have to leave your baggage downstairs.

• 26th May 2014

I had a very good experience in this hostel! staff was really helpful! I did not have any problems! The only thing is that you cannot take big bags into your room. you get used to it and its not big of a deal, in my case I had to make sure I did not forget anything as I was in the last floor and its a long way to go after walking that much in ny! perfect location, good option to sleep cheap.

• 24th May 2014