International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

Great place to stay--the people were friendly and curious. I will be staying here again the next time I go to NYC.

• 23rd Jul 2014

We are happy you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to hosting you again, next time you are in NYC. Safe travels! -ISC Staff

This hostel was great. Primarily the location is fantastic!! Upper west side and seconds from central park. It also is easy access to different subway stops with multiple different lines serving them. My bed was comfortable, room was spacious. Very few sockets in the room but it is an old building. en suite bathroom is handy. Lovely common area very comfortable and kitchen facilities are great. They make you leave big suitcases downstairs which wasnt an issue for me but is worth thinking about.

• 18th Jul 2014

We are pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay! We are actually in the process of updating our electrical outlets. If you decide to stay with us again, there will be extra outlets available in the rooms. Safe travels! -ISC Staff

In general i was pleased having stayed here and i'm going to stop at this hostel again on my way back to NYC.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Russia

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the International student center! We hope to welcome you again next time you are in New York. Safe travels and best regards – ISC Staff

Unacceptably filthy, no A/C, only two loud fans, no outlets/sockets, only 1 shower/toilet in a 10 person bedroom, only 5 tiny lockers (!) in a 10 person bedroom. Only one light source for the entire room. Matressess smelled like urine. Overall, I had to basically escape that place.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Poland

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We would like to reaffirm that we clean entire building on a daily basis. We take the cleanliness of our facilities very seriously. All dormitories are equipped with new AC units, and both extra lockers and power strips available. We wish you had raised these concerns with us at the front desk during your stay. We would also like to wish you good luck on your travels. Best Regards –ISC Staff.

For the price and location (a minute's walk from Central Park and very near subway stations), I was extremely happy to have stayed here, and can't think of any place that could top it! It was a little different not to have lockers or a place to keep things in the room, but it really wasn't a problem with my short trip. The building itself was old and beautiful and I will definitely be returning!

• 21st Jun 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in maintaining our beautiful old building. We do offer large lockers in the common lounge area, just ask at the front desk. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to NYC. Best Regards – ISC Staff

Nice place, good value for money! 10 bed in a room I thought initially was too much, but since only third o half of them were occupied it was alright. Bathroom was clean and water pressure was good. Good thing is that they allow storing baggage after check out for $1/hr.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Nice place to stay, clean and tidy. People are friendly inc. Staff and helpful too. Has a good subway link into downtown Manhattan and the hostel is actually in a really nice part of NYC (Upper West Side) close to central park and it's really quiet so a nice change from all the noise of Downtown!

• 20th Jun 2014

The worst ever! I mean it just make some stupid rules and seems to do good for you. It got plenty space inside and some luggage, and I am just not allowed to put my bike inside! all of the others do! And the facility is just awful, it's cheap, but it's not worth for $45, I mean, 20 at most(I spent about 70 in others hostels and they are worth the money)

We regret to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. please understand, Our rules are in place for the safety of our guests or to comply with local laws. We do not have space to provide storage for items such as bicycles. Our online description states that we do not allow bikes. Best of luck with your travels. Best Regards – ISC Staff

1 2 3 Next » last »