International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

Worst HOstel I have ever been Bad Staff that are disrespectfull bad facilities, for instance they have got a backyard but we are not allowed to use it...This is the stupidest think I have ever seen. We are not allowed to bring our luggage in the Room. We are not allowed to lay on the couch There is no Wifi ( hello we are in 2013 ) Unkindest staff I have ever met ( exept cleaning ladies) Well I felt like if I was in a COMMUNIST CAMP I ll never come back

It is important to read rules and policies listed in a profile on hostelworld before making a reservation. An email is sent to reconfirm these rules. Our rules are set according to regulations set upon us by the fire dept. This is why luggage cannot go up to the room and the backyard is out of bounds. We comply with the rules and ask guests for their understanding. Sleeping is prohibited on the couches so staff can be alerted if there is an unknown visitor trying to stay with us. Safe travels!

This is the cheapest in NY, so I can not complain. Staff is a nice.

The location of this hostel is pretty good. Closer than I thought it would be to Central Park & the subway. Lots of stores & local restaurants near by. This hostel did not have much interaction when I went, everyone seemed to do their on thing. To there credit they do at least have an area where you could interact. The only thing I did not like about the hostel is that they put me on the top bunk & there were no ladders.

Next time you stay with us if you request a bottom bunk we will be happy to do our best to put you in bottom bunk. Safe Travels!

I think there should be more information on walking tours, pub crawls

So far so well! the only bad thing is that i forgot my gloves in my room!!!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Argentina

I enjoyed my stay. Thank you! :)

• 1st Nov 2013

You are very welcome!

This is bad hostel I ever been.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please remember: it's important to read any hostel/hotel's regulations and cancellation policies to prepare to make the best of your stay anywhere. Safe travels!

Really nice area close to the subway, i had cool roommates.

• 29th Oct 2013

I stayed in the all girls room, the only down fall is two bathrooms up in that floor. Amazing views, great location. Very accommodating staff. Will more than likely stay here again.

Loved this hostel for just the one night as backpacks are kept downstairs and only a rucksack is allowed in the bedroom. We didn't mind this as we were only stopping over before heading to another place so went for the cheapest. Very good value for money. Excellent common area. Dorms and bathrooms are just like home, nothing fancy but nice enough. I would definitely stay again for a short time. Also good location with shops/bars/metro around the corner (2 mins walk)

What was the most enjoyable is the varety of activities. Some of my friends loved the free pasta dinner. I was fond of morning youga on Wednesday and Museum-goesr evening with Megan! Movie with opocorn and loads of fun lasted till late! It's the best HI place in the world. I saw many of those. This one has minimalistic interior and great great atmosphere due to the PPL! Guests rock. Events do the trick!

This is a bad hostel I ever been.

1 2 3 Next » last »