International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

Would be nice to have wifi. These days it makes travel a lot more difficult without having free internet in where you stay.

The best hostel ever. We feel like we were at home.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Was my first ever stay at a hostel & I loved it. Living at the ISC is like living in a nice old house. I felt secure on the female-only floor, and it is a residential part of NYC. Really convenient. People were quiet & there were no loud noises, even though it was a Friday night. Got a good night's sleep. Excellent price. Only complaint is perhaps replacing some of the more worn bed sheets.

• 4th Apr 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your concern- we always appreciate it when guests let us know how we can improve the hostel! We will make sure to give the bed sheets a thorough look and provide new ones. Safe travels! ISC Staff

Nice hostel with an awesome location. The common room and kitchen are awesome as well. The rooms are a little bit cold, so pack a jumper!

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hostel is super clean and very well maintained. Thank you very much!

You are very welcome we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! :) Best, ISC Staff

Nights to remember in NY! Thank you All, but mostly ... Nahida! :-)

Perfect location right next to central park. The beds are an adventure, if you sleep on the top bunk bed. It's clean and compared to other hotels/hostels in NYC it's cheap. I would stay there again:)

Nice hostel close to the Central Park. It's very affordable but has a couple of weird rules you should know about, most of which are pretty understandable. They do NOT OFFER WIFI!!! I knew about that and since there are so many Starbucks about with free wifi, I didn't mind. They say it's so that guests get to talk to each other. You also cannot take any bigger luggage to the rooms, my backpack was fine though. They clean every day! Which is great but you cant be in your rooms during the day.

It could be cleaner