International Student Center Reviews

38 West 88th Street, Manhattan NY 10024, New York, USA

The location is just great, next to central park and in the beautiful upper westside! But, the rooms and beds are not great. Everything is kind of old and unclean. Also I wasn't allowed to bring my backpack in the room so I had to go downstairs to change all the time. Most of all I was surprised by the receptionists. They are all very similar in a way that they are all really really introverted, speak softly, seem kind of sad and shy and are not that helpful. Also the no WiFi-thing is so unhandy

Good hostal and good location!!

The location is excellent! A large variety of restaurants and super markets all really close by. Central Park is really close as is the subway. The staff were really helpful and friendly. They had so much advice and knowledge to pass on. I left some baggage on my shuttle to the hostel and they exceeded my expectations with helping me out to get it back. Their willingness to help guests really stood out for me. Negatives - can't bring luggage in room and no wifi.

A really nice hostel with a great common area/kitchen right next to central park, a short walk away from the MET!

Shower didn't work

• 15th Apr 2015

it's the place if you want to save money and just for sleep

1 2 3 4 Next » last »