International Student House Florence Reviews

Via Faenza, 67, Florence, Italy

The hostel was conveniently located. The instructuctions about what to do on your areival were very clear. The staff is very helpful and quick to answer emails.

it was the worst hostel I've ever stayed. They forced you to leave the room at 10 am so you don't have the right to sleep longer if you please to. The reception is only open 3 hours. it was the first time we were treated this bad I don't recommend it at all.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Uruguay

Great place to stay however the check-in times are a little odd. Perfect location!!! Watch out for the 4 Euro charge for sheets however

After paying 14 euros pp, and additional 2 euro city tax, we were then forced to pay an extra 4 euro pp for linen that we didn't need. The man at reception insisted that we lay our sleeping bags down before leaving; but this was impossible as we had a train to catch in 10 min. We could not enter the building upon return, as the code that was supposed to be sent via email, was not. The contact number was not answered for at least 30min. There was no soap or even even extra toilet paper!!

It's difficult to describe this hostel. Technically it's not a hostel but a guesthouse as it's difficult to be registered as a hostel in the city of Florence. The location is excellent. However, the hostel is not staffed all the time, only 2 hours daily. There's a nice kitchen but no utensils, so a bit pointless. No lockers either! It wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed in but I wouldn't return should I find myself in Florence again.