International Student House Florence Reviews

Via Faenza, 67, Florence, Italy

the atmosphere is just great, even when Fabio is not there all day he is always trying to help you by email or phone, the location is excellent beacuse is just 4 minutes aways from the santa maria novells train station, there are plenty places to eat at any time even a mcdonald 2 minutes away.

"Staff" never really around. Don't waste your money here

• 5th Jun 2014

it's fine if you don't want to pay a little extra, although really good location!

Good location, but the sheet was torn, durty bathroom and NO LOCKER!

• 25th Apr 2014

The system is really good, the guy opens the door for you when u call (or when arranged) cause there is not reception. This is not a "hostel" but a house for students. Important: The kitchen is "fake", there is not even a spoon and there are JUST two glasses... this is not the place to cook your own meals, not coffee, not salt, not oil, no nothing. The bathroom is big, cool shower. The location is perfect, close to the main train station and the Cathedral. The internet reception is perfect.

The worst hostel and staff in the world!! I can't tell you so much.. If you wanna know how bad it is, you should have a try..then you will understand why I was so angry with the staff and hostel..

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

I arrive there during the night and the reception was close, the morning after, at 10 a.m. the guy came inside of our room without nock to the door and basiclly throw us out of the room because he saied he have to clean (never happened to me before) I mean we was inside of the bed!!!!!! he was very rude and impolate and made us pay an extra for the bed line, that we found yet in the bed when we arrived...the location is super good but ...you have to ask before how the rouls work

The hostel is near the train station and not far from the city center. It is composed by several dormitory rooms and some other twin rooms. The bathroom is in sharing with the other customers but it is very clean, I cannot say the same for the room that was tidy but a little bit dusty. The staff is friendly but we have not received back our deposit(5€) because no one was there during reception opening.

The only thing I recommend for this hostel is the location-really close to SMN station. And all the others were not satisfying. The staff at reception was never at reception after 12. I arrived at 1pm, and I've got an email telling me the gate will open automatocally at exactly 1pm.(And it really did!) Reception was empty and only message, key, and a map were left. I paid in the next morning, and they charged me for 4€ more for sheet and linen as well as 2€ tax per each day,person(instead of 1€)

only benefit is location. but lack of facilities especially spoon and knife. even if you want to use stove you need a lighter to fire. also the staff was rude and poor service. I've never met staff like here and off-season you need to pay extra 4euros to borrow the linen which is not mentioned in information

• 31st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

I'm sorry I have to make a negative review, but it's how it is. We arrived there at around 11pm (luckily 2 guests were opening the front door at that exact time because there was no staff at all in the hostel at that time) in the middle of winter to find on our beds the clean bed sheets... completely wet! And no one to turn to! It seems the guy only works from 10am to 9pm or so. Also the kitchen's absolutely out of utensils, and nothing's too clean. I think much needs to be taken care of there..