International Student House Florence Reviews

Via Faenza, 67, Florence, Italy

After paying 14 euros pp, and additional 2 euro city tax, we were then forced to pay an extra 4 euro pp for linen that we didn't need. The man at reception insisted that we lay our sleeping bags down before leaving; but this was impossible as we had a train to catch in 10 min. We could not enter the building upon return, as the code that was supposed to be sent via email, was not. The contact number was not answered for at least 30min. There was no soap or even even extra toilet paper!!

It's difficult to describe this hostel. Technically it's not a hostel but a guesthouse as it's difficult to be registered as a hostel in the city of Florence. The location is excellent. However, the hostel is not staffed all the time, only 2 hours daily. There's a nice kitchen but no utensils, so a bit pointless. No lockers either! It wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed in but I wouldn't return should I find myself in Florence again.

Good location, 5 mins from train station. Good wifi. Reception is not open in some hours. Quite dim light in the corridoor.