International Students Residence Reviews

341 Broadway, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, 11211, New York, USA

This hostel is one of the best hostels I've been in U.S. Since the check in me and my friends were really well welcomed by the staff. The woman that received us was super solicitously and helpful.The bedrooms and other rooms were really clean and well decorated. We felt safe because they make sure just the guests get into and on the same hand we were glad that we could get into anytime since they don't have curfew. It was well located and close to Marcy station. I totally recommend it!

• 16th Jan 2016

Place is very clean but if you desire to have good nite sleep it's not recommended. Because subway just cross from ur Window.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Bangladesh

Nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. I didn't want to leave! I felt cozy and at home. The staff was helpful, friendly, and alwalways on top of things. Thank you so much

• 6th Jan 2016

It's a great place and very affordable. I had a great time during my stay, and met amazing friends!

• 2nd Jan 2016

I love the experience I had at International Student Residence. The location made me doubt for a min but once I got in to the hostel I immediately loved it. It's very clean and the staff is always ready to assist you in whatever need.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Colombia

Paid for a 6-bed dorm but got upgraded into a 2-bed room without charges. The location is pretty good. The metro station is 2 minutes away and you can easily get to all the big spots in 30-40 minutes. There are a lot of places to eat around and also plenty of grocery stores, laundromats and barbers etc. The staff is nice and cooperative. There's someone at the desk round the clock. It is a nice place if you wanna keep your costs low and don't plan to spend a lot of time in the room.

Nice place to stay with nice travelers to hang out with. Easy access to the city via the subway. You can also walk across the bridge to Manhattan which we loved to do. Get the juice at the juice place just down the street that mixes in whatever fruits and veges you want. The hostel should invest in a white noise sound generator.The open ceilings of the rooms meant that the entire floor could hear everyone else on the floor. They give ear plugs, but they should also have white noise.

They jacked up the prices for new years which they shouldn't have. Its a student residence so they shouldn't adhere to such cheap mechanisms.

Great. Deserve exclamation mark !

Great place and location even though the sound from metro was a little noise. Good service and really clean. But the sound-proofing not good enough since hearing the talking from next room.

Eating in the room is not allowed, and the late depature fine is pretty high. Thats not very friendly, that is why we rated Atmosphere so low. Also u should tell people that your rooms have no walls near the roof!

International Students Residence it's an great hostel. Clean, good atmosphere, pretty quiet even with the rooms open on top and the train passing nerby; I didn't have any problem sleeping. The bathroom is shared and there isn't a lot of privacy 'cause the internal separation between the toilets and the showers are in glass. Other than that is clean, the kitchen is awesome and the stuff really helpful.

• 26th Dec 2015

It was a great deal for spending the New Year's Eve in NYC. Clean sheets and bathrooms. Good mattresses. Super kind and helpful staff. Super close to the Subway stations, which are the latest stations on Brookin to go to Manhathan Island. The location doesn't look super safe, but we didn't have security problems, in any matter. It has a cafe area were you can prepare your meals and get together with the other guests. The wi-fi doesn't work so well at the 3rd Floor tho.

• 25th Dec 2015

First of all, hostel take my personal belongings to another place without my permission. Then, since I am a female, I was applied for the all female room, however I got the male roommates. I went back like 1:30am, and I waited almost an hour for the new room. That was a horrible experience. Staffs didn't apologize for the mistake they made at all!! Things were even worse the other day. Staff even asked me to sleep in the same room with another man. I feel like they took my charger away.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • China

I was there for a week and it was as a great stay. I was given a free upgrade from 6 people in a dorm to 2 and that was really nice of them. The place is generally clean and is located about 3mins walk from the train station, as such, getting around can get pretty convenient. The street may look sketchy at night but it is generally safe. Room 202 was the best. Would definitely come back here if I ever end up in NYC again!

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Singapore

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I opted for a single room because I was insecure about sleeping with strangers, but honestly staying at the ISR (B Hotel ?) was a delightful experience. I checked in very easily for a place with no elevator. A staff member carried my bag up and down the flights of stairs. The showers/bathrooms were cleaned everyday and the housekeeping team was always on time. I stayed in NY during the most expensive time of the year, but the price overall was good!

• 23rd Dec 2015

The name changed and was not reflected in any correspondence, so it was a challenge to figure out if I was at the rght place at first. Nice upgrade to property, though. There were no individual lockers and that was not in the room for anything more than a wallet and a few valuables. That also was not stated in correspondence. Clothes, laptop, etc. had to be left on bunk when leaving room. Nice place overall.

• 19th Dec 2015

The bathroom lacked a towel rack and maybr an additional toilet. It has 1 toilet 2 urinals and 2 showers worked out pretty good for me

• 12th Dec 2015

Honestly the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. I would've prefered it if it had been previously stated that the rooms didn't have ceilings. They're more like office cubicles than rooms. Absolutely wouldn't recommend staying here if you want to sleep at all.

• 4th Dec 2015

The price was great, good location to subway and to Manhattan. The people at the front desk were very hospitable and accomodating. There are no laundry facilities so you have to go about two blocks to wash your clothes. The biggest drawback to this hostel are the rooms which basically are cubicles with paper thin walls that do not go all the way to the ceiling. My roomate left after the first day and went to another hostel because of the noise. I stayed but the noise was a problem.

• 4th Dec 2015