International Students Residence

7.3
Very Good 1748 Total Reviews

15th Jul 2017
6.0

It's located in brooklyn which is a cool neighborhood in NYC. Also the J train runs from there to downtown in like 20 minutes which is super cool. The design of the place i a bit weird. Imagine a large open floor and then lots of walls about 3 meters tall not recount the ceiling 5 meters up. This means all the rooms are open in the top and you can hear everything all round you. I also had a room with a window right beside the J train running all night. True NYC experience. Wouldn't stay there ag

• USA, Couple, 41+
15th Jul 2017
6.6

A lot of fake during booking process. Be careful to have proper reservation!

13th Jul 2017
7.4

it is not quite at all because the "rooms" are not the whole wall high, but they are communicating for the last half meter. So anyone that puts music is a problem, anyone that opens a light, the neighbouring rooms see that.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
6.6

The hostel is not the best I've stayed in. Very strange that the walls of the bedrooms don't actually meet the ceiling so you can here everything from the other rooms and corridors. Also I booked a dorm but ended up sharing with just one other person and in a two bed room (all of the room were only 2 bed) not at all what I expected. I don't mind sharing but I prefer it with more people. This felt a bit uncomfortable

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
5.7

Frosted glass on toilets & showers may look nice, but I don't want to see others or be seen in those places & that was completely possible. The showers were also weak & tepid. Whilst dorms of 2 are nice, they're all open to each other in height, meaning noise & light carry. It's in very (!) close proximity to a frequent overground subway line. The staff gave me next to no info when checking in so I have no idea about their facilities and, warning, they will charge cards without authorisation.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

It was exactly what I needed. Stayed with a friend for one night and left very satisfied. The room was clean and even well decorated. Just don't expect quiet - you can hear everything going on on the floor (which wasn't a problem for me at all). Would definitely stay again!

• USA, Male, 31-40
1st Jul 2017

Great hostel. The room, bathroom, hallways, and lounge were super clean. The neighborhood is safe with access to the trains nearby. The location is only a 15 minute drive to Park Slope which has become the heart of Brooklyn. I have been in some disaster hostels, but this hostel experience will be hard to match. Best of all was the young lady at the reception desk. I had spoken to her before I even made my reservation. She was so courteous and professional, and had such a warm smile.

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
30th Jun 2017

Good hostel, very nice staff.

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2017
3.1

This was the worst hostel in my life.they wanted to make a photo copy of my bank card with my number on it.the location isnot 20minutes from manhattan by walk..the train is right beside of the hotel.you can hear that,when you are sleeping.the wall between the rooms doesn't reach the ceiling,so you can hear everything from your 20 roommates.u cannot have visitor in ur room,even my friend 5 years old daughter wasnot allowed to have a quick visit my bed was used in my room when I checked in at 2am

25th Jun 2017
4.0

Awful conditions of staying with such a less privacy. In addition to this, staying at a hostel at the same level of a train makes sleep pretty difficult. Finally, the neighborhood doesn't look like safe.