International Students Residence Reviews

341 Broadway, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, 11211, New York, USA

The price was great, good location to subway and to Manhattan. The people at the front desk were very hospitable and accomodating. There are no laundry facilities so you have to go about two blocks to wash your clothes. The biggest drawback to this hostel are the rooms which basically are cubicles with paper thin walls that do not go all the way to the ceiling. My roomate left after the first day and went to another hostel because of the noise. I stayed but the noise was a problem.

• 4th Dec 2015

Beautiful place and great stay.

I loved the cafe area and the bathroom/bedroom were incredibly clean.

No complaints other than the fact that it is very noisy. Dont expect to get much sleep here. Otherwise great hostel located near all the action of Williamsburg and only one stop on the subway to get into Manhattan.

The hostel is good and comfortable. However, the walls of the rooms don't reach the ceilling, so that it's like a big open area. You can hear EVERYTHING. I wouldn't stay there again.

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

Very good in general, but no good sound isolation and ventilation.

We had a room next to the subway, so that it was very loud during nighttime. They give you free earplug at the reception desk but it was still very loud. We also had a bright EXIT sign next to our room, so that it wasn't dark at nighttime. The room was nice though.

B Hostel was great for a single traveler, take ear plugs though as the wall partitions don't go up to the ceiling although in a single room you can hear everything going on, on your floor. I found it very handy for travel around Manhattan, Marcy Avenue stop is right on the doorstep, although the subway can be a little scary at times, it was the best way to get around other than walking. Bathroom was always clean when I used it. I didn't use the kitchen facilities.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Scotland

I stayed for two nights and did not get a good nights sleep either night. There was a lot of shouting and commotion happening.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • South Africa

The staff were brilliant. The concept is great. However, the marketing is misleading. I booked a single room. It is not. It is a bed, segregated by four walls that do not reach the ceiling. Therefore, you hear everything in the rooms, as if you were in a dorm. It is impossible to sleep. If they put on the lights, they are on in your "room". It is a cubicle, not a room.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Great place overall, just a couple of minutes away from subway station, and not far away from cool bars too. Stff was friendly, didnt interact with them much, but they didnt care about the key that I supposedly locked in my room after I checked out. The showers are clean and so are the beds, there are enough sockets and there are small boxes for the valuables too. Its a bit noisy outside cos of the subway that's just outside the window, and the walls dont quite reach the ceilings too.

It was a nice hostel, great lobby area, nice facilities, I felt safe at all times and is in an interesting location, you can talk with the other guests also, and usually they are really friendly. There are some bad points in the dorms that are not fully closed so something happens with the people smell that get's combined in a deadly fragrance. Maybe the excess heat helped. But overall it's a good deal for spending some days in NY.

We had a fantastic time staying with you. The only complaint, which I'm sure you may get often, is the ceilings not reaching all the way up. It was my first time staying in a hostel and I really enjoyed the experience, it was just really noisy. Normally things like that don't bother me, but I think it was just because there was a large group of students staying. Otherwise, it was great! Super clean

• 30th Oct 2015

Room was extra small, the amount I paid does not match what I got. Open ceilings was a big disappointment and the fact I stayed in the worlds smallest room. You should really advertise the size of the rooms because when I looked there was no mention of it. Excellent location but everything else was a let down.

• 29th Oct 2015

Rooms are tiny, every cubicle wall in the bathrooms are see through, the walls do not reach the ceilings so you can hear everything and I mean everything. This hostel is good for a night or two but not for a long term stay.

Caution! Roomes do not close to the top! So you can always hear everybody at your floor :| moslty talking about how crappy this is ;)

• 26th Oct 2015

Had a great stay at the International Student Residence. I've stayed at other hostels around the city and I have to say I was impressed with this one. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hostel felt clean, even the showers and bathroom area. It was nice to have my own room. The bed was comfortable and the wi-fi worked just fine. Great location near the subway. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• 20th Oct 2015

So nice....

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

I'd stay here again if I came back to NYC. It'ss a great area and the hostel is right on the subway line so it's easy as to get into Manhattan! There's a local grocery store just down the road a bit as well. The noise from the subway didn't bother us at all- I actually found the train sounds really soothing and they put me to sleep. You can hear everything that's happening on your floor- but they provide free earplugs and we slept fine. The bathrooms are a bit weird but you get over it.

The place is noisy. The elevated train going right by the windows can't be helped, but there was also some late-night loud talking, and the rooms don't have ceilings. About getting there: Google Maps told me to take the A train from Penn Station, then the G train to Broadway. Having actually been to the place, I know know that the M train would have been a better choice.

• 18th Oct 2015