International Students Residence Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

You Boyz gonna love this place! ;) You'll know know what I'm talking about the minute you step onto the darkroom-like 3rd floor. Yeah baby! This place is similar to New York's West Side Club but much better! I especially liked the communal showering. The frosted glass goes completely see-through when wet, and there is something really bro-bonding about showering with another guy. Or at the very least, it is nice to have someone there to chat to. 100% guys! Thank you sooo much! I WILL be back!!!

Some staff very nice and helpful. Others, not at all. Very noisy! I had read reviews warning of that so I brought earplugs. I think people should be given ear plugs without asking for them. Staff needs to be able to explain the parking situation to guests.

This is one of the most welcoming hostel , one of the most cleanest hostel also I ever visited. Stuff and management very nice and helpful. Lounge is huge space with kitchen and games to relax meet new people, cook . Rooms and bathrooms are clean and beautiful. Location is just perfect , walking distance of 15 min to Manhattan, you have to cross only Williamsburg Bridge. Thank you guys it was great!!!

• 20th Jul 2015

if you want quite palce, this place is not good. because ceiling is not being blocked. i think over 15cm space is not being blocked. so, you can hear other rooms sound. but other things are good. so If you don't mind the sound, here is good place to you.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Great location! Just a one minute walk up the road to get to Marcy Ave Station, which is just one stop on the J line away from Manhattan. Also really easy to get to from the airport, using the Air-train and then the J line subway.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

It was clean but very unpersonal.

Everything was so great !!! Cleanliness, stuff were very helpful and friendly . Close to M,J,G train line and only 1 stop from Manhattan . I was even walking to Manhattan ,only 15 min ,just cross to Williamsburg Bridge . Bathrooms were extremely clean and what is surprising in any time of the day everything was so shiny .Room are nice and clean,comfortable.Lounge area ,next door offering:games,TV's, full kitchen with all amenities you need: microwave, toaster, own ,refrigerators.Loved it!!

• 1st Jul 2015

It was really noisy with being Next to subway but I had a great time the staff are really nice and it was a great price

Thank you so much guys. I really enjoyed my two days here. Thank You guys. 😊

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Staff were extremely unfriendly. They stuffed up both my friend's and my bookings. She extended her stay and they never put it in the system, so she was forced to move her things in the middle of the night because they put someone in our room! And kept calling her a liar! And I tried to cancel my final night which they also failed to put in the system, so refused to give a refund when I checked out... Luckily manager sorted it out. Also no atmosphere whatsoever.

I love this hostel! The girl at the desk at the checkout hour was very helpful and always smiling. I think her name was something like Andrijana. The showers were really clean, also the beds. It all was good in there. I recomended it. Also I dont get the complains about the noise of the trains because I didnt hear anything, and I was at the second floor on the 226 room.

This hostel worked for me because I only needed it for a few hours . They were kind enough to upgrade me to a private room for two people. The walls are very thin and don't reach the ceiling so ear plugs are a must. My only real complaint was the fact that there was nothing in the bathroom to dry your hands with. No paper towels, etc. I'm not sure why that is.

• 13th Jun 2015

This is a nicely decorated adapted storehouse in Brooklyn. only cons are the sybway noise and no complete walls takes off privacy but is worth every dollar.

You guys should have some form of free water dispenser, think that's basic. The hooks on the shower stalls are too high to reach, would be nice if they were lower. Other hostels I've stayed in offer free breakfast for the same price so I think maybe if you guys have some sort of free snacks area that would be great too :)

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Very close to subway station, nice kitchen and lounge, very clean. Negative: rooms extremely small and walls don't reach all the way up to the ceiling so it is pretty noisy. Bring earplugs!

The "walls" separating rooms are terrible don't reach ceiling. Can hear every room around you even if they are talking quitely, plus if anyone comes in late at night you'll be woken. If rooms next door to you switch light on it lights up your room. Was "upgraded" to a two bed dorm- not really what you want when staying in a hostel. Wasn't happy as a 20yo female sharing a room with one other man: happier in bigger rooms if mixed dorms less weird.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I enjoyed the stay there, very nice atmosphere!

Bad value for the cost! Deluxe 2 Bed Mixed Dorm - The room size was enough to hold a twin bunk bed and about 1 foot on 2 sides. Not really private because the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling - very noisy and you can see into the next room from the top bunk! The lockers are about the size of a laptop and a purse- too small. The toilets/showers have SEE THROUGH dividers - gross. No culture- no communal vibe. No oven/toaster oven in kitchen. Only advantages: cleanlines and location.

Need more bathrooms.

The hostel facilities are awesome: kitchen is spacious and very well equipped. Nice lounge area. Clean bathrooms. Wifi coverage in all floors. But there is a huge and quite un-understandable issue: the walls does not reach the ceiling! The floor seems to be a giant room with walls splitting the bedrooms, but instead of a bit of privacy, everyone shares the same noises.