International Students Residence Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Fantastic location, really close to Manhattan. I only bent to Manhattan twice in the seven days I was there but I really enjoyed Brooklyn, especially the Williamsburg area. Hostel was vey clean with great amenities. The noise didn't bother me from the subway outside but I am a heavy sleeper. Staff seemed nice although I did not interact with them much. Common room and kitchen area were great, clean and spacious. Will defiantly return.

You should probably let people know that the walls don't go up to the roof and you can hear everyone on your floor breath all night long, really not good.

Just know that is next to the MTA tracks, and the walls between rooms don't go all the way to the top, so it's quite noisy.

• 1st Jun 2015

The noise was unbearable. At all times. Since the walls don't reach the ceiling, at night, it's only as dark as the room next door wants it to be. That goes for smells too. The single rooms are tiny. And I mean tiny. The staff in general was very nice. The manager though was rude, condescending and aggressive. I spent two weeks there, most of the time I had to sleep at friend's houses to get some sleep. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• 31st May 2015
  • Argentina

I loved the location the Willamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn had a very cool vibe not a touristy area. The Subway was located right next to the hostel which was convenient. The facility itself was nice and well decorated. The only thing that bothered me was that you can hear everything from the bedrooms the walls are very thin. Overall the other guests were not that loud so it wasn't a huge issue.

• 30th May 2015

The hostel is located close to the subway that takes you to Manhattan in a very short time. It is really clean and in general very nice for a hostel. Nevertheless, the walls don't go all the way up to the ceilings so you can hear everything the people in the rooms next to you say and in addition to that you can hear the subway. However, the hostel offers free ear plugs and even though I am normally a rather light sleeper, the bed was so comfortable the noise didn't keep me from sleeping. Nice

Clean, great facilities and secure (have to swipe key to get into building). Great location a 2 minute walk from two subway stations and only a 30 minute trip into central Manhattan. Friendly and helpful staff. Not much privacy, rooms are open at the top so can hear a lot of noise at night. But a very good stay.

As already mentioned in the other reviews, the walls don't connect to the ceiling so it is quite loud! You might have booked a 6 Bed Dorm but as far as I know all rooms are 2 Bed Dorms (1 Bunk Bed)... Bathrooms are clean, Kitchen is big and well equipped. Subway 2mins away. Over all a great place to stay if you're okay with using earplugs or are a heavy sleeper. Definitely good value for money compared to some Hostels in Manhattan. I'd stay here again!

Nedd more bathrooms

• 24th May 2015
  • Colombia

Stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. Everything is OK, the loo and the shower are clean. The lounge area is hugh with cutleries and stuff. The area is somehow a bit dodgy I think but its ok.

• 21st May 2015

"Deluxe 2 Bed Mixed Dorm" It was more like a cubicle - the walls did not meet the ceiling and you could hear every person on the floor sneeze, talk, and turn in their bed. The bathrooms were weird, with clear stall walls and towel hooks in the shower no human could reach (I tried and watched other try through the see through walls). They stored our bags the whole day - great. But the receptionist decided to blast music from his computer in the middle of checking us in. I wouldn't return.

• 18th May 2015

Rooms are so small that only one single bed fits. Even no space to open your luggage and no wardrobe.Walls dont reach the ceiling so that you can hear everything, literally everything around you.staff arent really helpful.the only positive thing is the price but I dont think even it deserves.

It was my second time here and I found it as comfortable and reliable as the first. Wifi, showers and key cards work perfectly, dorms and beds are clean. Lockers in the room are small but adequatefor a laptop and most valuables. Best part is the huge lounge area with couches, large tables and kitchen -- the "loft" like vibe is therapeutic. This is good value for money in terms of NY, where there's so little to choose from on the budget end. If prices rise I'll be forced to stay elsewhere.

The location is excellent and the communal area is good. That's the only good points. Loud and can hear all other rooms. Great if your into a bit of exhibitionism since you can see everything in the bathroom. Awful music played from reception at 3am. Staff member seemed annoyed at me that someone else had over charged me for the room. says on hostel world there is a travel desk, but when asking a member of staff to help book something he looked at me like I was stupid and was not helpful

It was a very clean hostel. It is not super close to manhattan, but okay. friendly staff. The area is a bit gloomy at night but its fine.

If you have difficulty sleeping through noise, do not stay here. The way the rooms are laid out, you hear everything that others say and do. Even if your roomie doesn't snore, the guy 4 rooms down might still keep you up. If noise is not an issue, this is a great place! Amazing staff, value for the cost, and the atmosphere is great. The common area is really nice. The bathrooms are always clean and there are plenty of showers and plenty of hot water, even at peak times.

Friendly staff. Clean accommodations. Bring earplugs. Loved it overall.

Very clean hostel, very nice and helpful managers. The subway is just nearby so you hear it at night but it is very light. The common room and the kitchen is awesome.

I really liked the B Hotel. Sometimes the Internet connection was poor, but only a few times. The bathrooms are really clean, they don't have lock, but it is obvious you are in there. The one thing it really bother me, was the service personal, they start to clean at 11 am, wich is good, but they do it with music and singing, songs about god, wich is not so good. Plus they chat form room to room like they were on a market. In general it is a great place and i love it. Love the kitchen area.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

accessibility is good.expect noise from subway and snoring from next door

• 13th Apr 2015