International Students Residence Reviews

2147 2nd avenue, Manhattan, New York, USA

Great Hostel, with a great room. Everything is there and a lot of space as well. I also really liked the view from the 8th floor.

Easy place to stay, having kitchen and fridge in the room, shared by 4 ppl. Air condition was a little bit too cold tho

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

I think the price is very fair. And the room is clean, spacious. However, I am not sure if the room has air conditioner or not, I woke up several times because of it's too hot. But overall, I am very satisfied.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • China

I was ready to come in into this tiny crowded room with 4 other people like every other hostel in NYC, but when I entered my room, I had to go back down to the front desk and confirm that was my room. The rooms are huge! I felt like I had my own apartment in the middle of the city, and the price was reasonable!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

I really loved this place, facilities and rooms were are great! This is how your experience at NYC should be! Staff is very helpful, the prices are not exaggerated , in fact very convenient! And the location was great, two blocks from the subway and you get anywhere in manahattan

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Can't put into words how excellent this hostel was for me.. Staff.. The room.. The location.. Everything was just outstanding and better than what I was expecting!!! One of the best hostels in the world that I have been in!! Can't wait to go back and stay again!!!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

I spent a great time there, awesome people, excellent location and very reasonable price. You definitely get more than what you pay for. The train is 2 blocks away and 5 away from Central Park. In general the facilities are very very clean and very comfortable.

Amazing place! I saw the pictures but it's definitely better in person. Rooms are spacious, just a whole different concept for a hostel and the price is definitely worth it!. Will definitely come back!

Be careful with the neighborhood; not very safe. Air conditioner broke down and can't fix for many days.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • China

The staff is not helpful or friendly and the hotel Is located in a dangerous area of NYC. I had a very bad experience in this place. There wasn't air conditioner in the room where I were. I asked them twice about this problem and they didn't solve it. They only said there was not solution. And just this. They didn't offer any other room to me, and I stayed there for 2 very hot days! People, don't go to this hostel!!! Try another one. You will repent if you choose it!!! It is serious!!!!

Newly remodeled hostel still had some issues that needed to be fined tuned to have the rooms work optimally.

Great and kinda hidden hostel, far from downtown, but easily accessible by subway. Quiet and peaceful with respectful hosts and all facilities needed.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

it's less a hostel, more of apartments of fours. Kitchen, bathroom, common space and bunk beds are available, but no real community life downstairs. The subway (no lift for your luggage on the 6 train) is only a few blocks away. Not a great neighbourhood, but only 20 minutes from Grand Central and the hostel itself is good and clean. Unfortunately, staff varies. I had two guys who were lovely and very helpful, the woman I had on my first night however couldn't be bothered, and unfriendly

Really really really nice hostel, I liked the concept! Great service and value for what I paid for, clean, nice people at the front desk , and location is great too.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The people are not friendly. When I arrive, there are also still different costs. You can't get them away rather than automatic transfer money from your account without required. So Beware!

• 30th May 2014

The hostel has some great features: the rooms are gigantic (I mean 3 times larger than normal) with only 4 beds per room. Additionally every room has its own balcony. Sounds good? There is even more: an own kitchen and bathroom in each room + a hidden roofttop with a nice view over the city. The subway is also only 5min away and will take you downtown within a half an hour. Downsides: Harlem can look a little bit sketchy by night (thus I think it is safe) and the common areas aren't very social

This is definitely the best hostel I've ever been to. They take the hostel idea to the next level! Your own kitchen, your own bathroom, even your own windows and balcony! And for the price I paid and also considering is in Manhattan, I got more than what I paid for! Awesome experience here, definitely coming back!

very noisy at night, cannot get a good sleep. dirty

Great deal. Super clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Does just what it is supposed to -- provides a comfortable place to spend the night!

• 19th May 2014

Too much extra charges, shower water sucks, walk 15 mins to subway line 6, not helpful stuff. I stayed in room 6A three nights, there stayed 5 people in the 4 people room, so strange, there was a extra mattress on the floor, then I moved to room 9A, shower water and facility still sucks. 6 noisy teenager crowded in the room. The location is not very nice

• 19th May 2014