International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

This place is great! The staff are very friendly and they cook two meals a day! They don't charge you for a towel and there are always lots of awesome activities going on.

Thanks for your comment. We're glad you had such a great stay and enjoyed hanging out with our staff and eating the free meals they cook. Come join us again when you're in San Diego next and hopefully we can show you even more of the city.

This is a really awesome place to stay if you are in SD! lovely staff, clean hostel, free dinner! (seriously, that's awesome!). Really nice atmosphere to meet people and the hostel organizes fun activities every day which is great! My only negative is that it is somewhat small but still within reason. Definitely recommended! Will stay here again in if I return to SD!

We're glad you loved you stay here and enjoyed all that we offer. We are a small hostel, and we love that that allows us to get to know the guests well, provide great food, and create such a fun atmosphere for everyone that stays here. Thanks for your feedback and we'd love to have you come stay again when you're next in SD!!

I loved the vision of the hostel! It's great that you offer meals, it really brings people together. I like the business model you have chosen, it is inspiring!

Thanks for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We loved having you stay here with us and spending time showing you around. Come back soon!!

Just stayed one night, my first time in hostel and it was very nice. I walked to Little Italy and Gaslamp, no public transportation needed, and hostel is super clean which i loved!

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your first stay in a hostel with us! Little Italy is such a nice area to explore, we're glad you got the chance to do that!

Rated cleanliness average because the dorms weren't very clean. I found waste behinde my matress and there were towels in the room who didn't belong to anybody. Bathroom was clean though. But all in all we were happy with our stay and breakfast was fantastic!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and loved our free breakfasts. We work hard to keep the place looking spotless, so sorry you found some waste behind your mattress! With other guests in your room hanging towels as well, it is very hard for housekeepers to know whose towels are whose. Next time if you let us know we will happily come in and take them away and even provide you new ones. Thanks for your feedback, and safe travels!

We had an amazing stay here. All the staff were so helpful and friendly and the free food and activities are great! The rooms are clean and warm, just great. I would definitely return to this hostel on my next trip to SD!

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, the food, and the activities so much. Thanks for the kind words, and please do come visit us again on your next trip to SD. Safe travels!!

Well, if you are fortunate enough to find yourself staying at this establishment you will no doubt understand why it goes without saying that this joint is probably the best hostel in San Diego. I've done some serious traveling in my day and have never come across a more caring and friendly staff such as what they've got going here. How anyone could have a bad time staying here is beyond me. Hosteling at its finest; looking forward to stopping in again soon. Cheers y'all!!!

Thanks for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff so much. We look forward to the next time you stop in again as well!

Free breakfast and sometimes free Barbeque

We run our barbeque on a Sunday night, but do provide free dinners on the other nights, we hope you were able to experience them.

Clean place. Friendly staff. I would stay here again.

We would be glad to have you stay again when you're next in SD. We are always trying to work on things, and work hard to keep the place spotless and work with our staff to make sure everyone gets the most from their stay! Thanks for your comments.

Only needed a place to sleep for a few hours before catching a flight at 6 in the morning. Was perfectly reasonably for this purpose, the guests were quite and the vibe around the place quite chilled. The 10 block walk (15-20) to downtown was a bit on the longer side but I think this was reasonable considering the price (and probably doable without complaining when you've not been on your feet all day like I had been at the time).

Sorry to hear that you had been on your feet all day, we all know how tiring that can be. There are also some great bars and places to eat around us in Little Italy that we could show you next time. Thanks for your feedback, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to rest before your early flight.

Free dinner every night was amazing. Lovely atmosphere. Would loved to have stayed longer :)

We wish you could have stayed longer as well! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the free food so much.

I enjoyed my stay at ITH, they have free breakfast and dinner, staff were accomodating, they have free activities

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Thanks for your comments, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and got to make the most of what we have to offer!

The staff here were a little hit and miss. They loved to party so music in the hostel was always too loud so hard to do anything but listen to that. It was clean and a sociable place and they also had free breakfasts and dinners. Some of the food depending on who was on duty was fab.... I won{t mention names and single staff out as some where not that great and ignored you when hung over.

Sorry to hear that you found our staff hit and miss, we do address these issues so that we can always improve, thanks for your feedback, We're aware that sometimes it can become a little too loud, and we always do our best to enforce our quiet hours. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, we do our best to provide another opportunity for travelers to meet.

Overall, it was a good experience. It's a small hostel but it has a great location and it's easy to walk into downtown San Diego. The staff were friendly, if not overly inclusive, and the bathrooms were always clean. The beds were comfortable and a little squeaky, but nothing a pair of ear plugs couldn't fix. My only complaint was that one night they had a social evening outside and people were singing loudly and smoking weed until nearly 3 in the morning.

The staff is wonderful! The place is very laid back and has cool vibe. There isn't much security but the people are all respectful of space and property. I loved the experience! I highly recommend it for any adventurer. :-)

Thanks for your comments, the staff always like to hear the good feedback. The security is one thing we are certainly trying to work on all the time and another reason we always have a staff member around to keep an eye on everything. Very happy to hear that you loved your experience!

Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to go back. People were great, very helpful, free breakfast and dinner, very clean, comfy beds, Great vibes.

• 22nd Feb 2014

We're looking forward to your next visit, hopefully it will be soon! Thanks for you feedback, we're glad you enjoyed our free food and had such a comfortable stay.

Great staff, free breakfast and dinner, and free events every single day! And good central location. Stay here if you come to San Diego!

Thanks for your recommendation, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Please come stay with us when you visit San Diego again.

This was by far the best hostel I've stayed in in North America. The staff made everything easy and enjoyable and offered free activities pretty much every day of the week. Great set up and cozy vibe.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Thanks for your kind words! Our staff here really love the place, and work hard to ensure that everyone gets the most out of their stay.

Great location. Only $10 cab ride from the airport and walking distance to Balboa park and the gas lamp district. Really good Italian restaurants and cages a few bloks away. Easy to meet other backpackers and great free activities. Go on the Torrey pines walk and the sunset cliffs tour with Bobby!

We're lucky to be within walking distance of so many great areas to visit. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the free trips!! They provide another great opportunity to meet the other guests and staff.

Has a great time staying there. The hostel has a great vibe. It is very easy meeting new people. So if you want to meet people all around the world and you like celebrating then this is the place for you!

• 20th Jan 2014

It's always nice to hear where people have a great time staying here. Thanks for your comments, hopefully you can come celebrate with us again soon.