International Travelers House Adventure Hostel Reviews

1658 Front Street, San Diego, CA, San Diego, USA

This was my first hostel experience as well a travelling alone. All the staff made me feel welcome and by the end of my stay it felt like I was leaving a family. Great atmosphere and great staff and fellow travellers! I will definitely recommend people stay here if visiting San Diego as the day and night time activities are awesome fun, the meals provided breakfast and dinner are a good way to meet fellow travellers and share experiences. I'm just planning my next trip back! Can't wait!

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed everything while you were here. We really enjoyed showing you around the great city of SD and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed all the meals and trips. We're looking forward to seeing you again hopefully next year. Safe travels mate! Cheers, Steve

Great staff, nice chilled atmosphere, washing service and free dinners are a nice touch

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comments! Our staff love hanging out with the guests and adding to the atmosphere. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed all the services and free meals we provide. Safe travels!

BEST PLACE EVERRRRRR!! It definitely deserves five stars if we're rating hostels. Everything is taken care of. Staff is amazing and so is the accomodation. GO HERE!!

• 20th Jul 2014

We're glad you loved the place so much, thanks for the great review. We try to think of everything we can, and our volunteers work so hard to make sure everything runs well and people have fun, so it's always nice to hear! We loved having you stay with us. All the best, and safe travels!!

Great hostel and staff. Atmosphere was awesome!

Glad you guys enjoyed your stay so much, it was a pleasure to meet you! The staff certainly work hard to create an atmosphere where everyone can have fun. Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your trip! Cheers, Steve

This was my first experience with a hostel in the US and it was great!!! The staff was very nice and it felt like home away from home. Thanks guys!!!

• 10th Jul 2014

We're glad you enjoyed your first hostel experience in the USA so much! Hopefully you can come visit us again sometime soon and rejoin the family. All the best!

The ITH is a hostel with an awesome vibe, They run daily and nightly activities, so if you're travelling by yourself it's a great way to meet people. The staff are really friendly - see Simone and Steve for tips on sights. Thanks to Bob and the team for a great time. Breakfast and dinner are also provided for free as well.

It was great to meet you and spend some time talking! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time here and enjoyed hanging out with the staff, the free activities and food so much. All the best for your travels, and hopefully we'll see you again some time. Safe travels! Cheers, Steve

The staff was really nice and super friendly. I wish i could have stayed longer. Definitely will come back again!

• 5th Jul 2014

We're glad you found our staff so accommodating and friendly, we love having them around as well! We also wish that you could have stayed with us longer too, so we look forward to having you come back soon!!

Best hostel ever! I went there with a friend and we really enjoyed our stay. We where so sad to leave. The mood is very friendly and the staff is awesome. Thanks Piera

Thanks so much for your kind words. We certainly enjoyed having you guys stay with us as well. Thanks for contributing to the fun and being great guests! Please come see us again soon!!

Breakfast and dinner includes was amazing! Thank you so much for everything. Loved our 3 day stay :)

• 26th Jun 2014

Our staff sure do work hard to make sure that breakfast and dinner and tasty and a great way to start and end the day, so they always appreciate the kind words - thanks! Glad you loved the stay, hopefully we'll see you again soon!! Safe travels.

Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone travelling through San Diego. Such a great vibe! Really lovely staff too who go above and beyond to make sure you have an awesome time :) 10/10 for sure!

• 18th Jun 2014

It was such a pleasure to meet you, and thanks for your awesome review. Hope you're enjoying your travels and that we'll get to see you again soon to show you some more of San Diego!!

I've been travelling for 1 year, and I stopped rating the hostels I've been too but...Wow, this guys have done such a great job I wanted to thank them! You can clearly see this hostel is managed by real travellers, they know what being in hostel is about. First you save so much money with a breakfast and real big dinner, and they also offered so many free activities! The beds are amazingly comfy with real mattress, blanket, your little light. Feels like home (not a big party hostel though!)

Thanks for the kind words. We loved having you stay here, and also glad to hear enjoyed all the activities and food we offer so much. Make sure to come back and join the family again as soon as you can. Safe travels!!

Is a nice place wiht good atmosphere, very close from the downtown, a little bit expensive.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Chile

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, with other international travelers around, it is always a great atmosphere and easy to meet new people. We love our location; being so close to Little Italy and also downtown, so we're glad you did as well. Safe travels!

Having travelled around the US for a while, we all agree this was by far the best hostel we stayed in. Not only were the staff extremely friendly and helpful, they offered free daily and nightly fun activities - great for students on a budget. The rooms were tidy and the place felt more like a home than a hostel. This hostel really made our trip to San Diego memorable. Hope Steve and all of you are doing great. Laura, Izzie and Lottie

We're so glad to hear that you guys loved staying here so much! It was a pleasure to have you here and get to know you. It's always nice to hear that people appreciate all the activities and the effort our staff go to. Hopefully we will see you guys some time again soon!!

Great place to chill out and meet other cool travelers. Nice place for sure.

• 12th Jun 2014

Thanks for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay so much and It was certainly great to see you a second time. We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Comfortable and friendly place!!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

It's always very nice to hear that people find the place to be friendly with our staff and also the great guests from all over the world. We work hard to make sure everyone can have a comfortable stay and enjoy themselves, so thanks for the kind words. Safe travels!

The staff were very friendly and helpful; and the guests were a load of fun to meet/hang with. I only stayed 1 night, but I would absolutely stay again if I'm not staying w/ my (new) friends in SD :)

• 1st Jun 2014

Thanks for your kind words about our staff, they're always working hard to make sure people feel at home and happy! We're glad you enjoyed your stay so much even though it was only for one night. We'd love to see you again when you come into SD next!

These guys run the best hostel business I've seen hands down.... and I've been in a lot of them... they have the dream just right and bring everyone together and everyone has a good time which is what a hostel is all about... if you don't want to socialize and have a good time best to go to a hotel and get a private room...that's not what a hostel is about...well done guys and girls down there...looking forward to visiting SD soon and staying down at little italy

Thanks for your kind words! It's always nice to hear when people have a great time and get to experience the activities we offer and enjoy the atmosphere here at the hostel. We're looking forward to when you visit next! Cheers and safe travels!

The best hostel stay we've ever had!! Great atmosphere with great people!!

• 16th May 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay so much, it was a pleasure to meet you! Hopefully we'll see you again soon!! Safe travels.

What makes this hostel so good is the people that live and work there. I had a great time doing some of the different activities that they organized there, but mostly there were just plenty of good people to hang out with and a great vibe. Balboa Park and the Gas Lamp area are not to far away to walk to and it is also close to plenty of public transport. I can't wait to get down there and visit again :)

Thanks for the great feedback, it's always great to have you here. Our staff love to make sure that everyone gets the most out of their stay in San Diego, so we're glad to got to experience that and so many of the great features of our area! Hope to see you again soon!

This hostel is one of the more remarkable things to happen yo San Diego. Amazing atmosphere, free meals and good facilities all in one place

Thanks for your nice comments. We're glad that you loved the atmosphere here and the free meals that we offer, it's certainly a great chance to meet some of the awesome people that come through!