International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

Very friendly and feels like family.

• 16th Aug 2015

I had the best time ever here! Everyone is so friendly and the meals that are included are all home cooked from scratch. The accommodation and facilities are exceptionally clean. The staff are so helpful and friendly... Would definitely reccmend!

• 13th Aug 2015

Very good place to stay Maybe give tips for parking in advance

Fantastic place to stay and meet great people from all over the world. Everyone was so friendly. Location was great; a lot of wonderful restaurants nearby and rite aid really came in handy across the street. Would definitely stay again. Totally worth the money!

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Great people and awesome staff! Definitely recommended.

Great Hostel: clean and lots of activities

staff were great , location and room great . Will easily come back

I absolutely LOVED that place!! I had such a great time and I didn't want to leave! The staff is really helpful and friendly and what I liked most about them, they'd hang out with the guests! The free breakfast and dinner is cool and the free activities also! I felt really safe at the hostel, it's clean and the neighborhood provides everything you need and is really safe. It's sad that the hostel is not closer to the beach or downtown but that's really the only "negative" thing I have to say!

• 29th Jul 2015

If you're ever in San Diego be sure to stay atleast one night here. I stayed here for one night and it has been fantastic that I decided to come back a week later. You'll guarantee to make to make some good friends, the atmosphere is pretty chilled. The activities and social nightlife during each week really brings everyone together. This place has also been a perfect spot for me to explore San Diego as pretty much everything is within 1hour radius(by bus) I'll sure visit again in the future

• 28th Jul 2015

The free food was so good! Better than the ITH adventure hostel. Very clean and nice facilities. The lockers were small and in the hallway but it was really a great experience.

Love this place. Very social atmosphere, great tours and activities, very friendly staff. Highly recommend staying here if you're in San Diego!

• 21st Jul 2015

One of the best hostel I have ever been

This is definetly the best hostel in San Diego and a great option vs a hotel during comic con, of course the price is higher during the convention but you get a great place to stay. Very well located in the Hillcrest area it normally cost 8-10 USD to get from hostel to convention center and vice versa with Uber and there are a series of great restaurants around the area that during those days are cheaper than in downtown. I highly recommend this place for your stay.

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff were warm and helpful, everyone felt like old friends after a few days. I'm not exaggerating when I say my stay here at international zoo house was the most fun place I've ever stayed. The group meals, common room and nightly activities really brought everyone together. I wish I was still there.

• 7th Jul 2015

Good hostel

I felt so at home at this hostel! It was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff was very welcoming and professional, and I really appreciated the community atmosphere they facilitated through the group activities and free communal dinners. My thanks to everyone who works and volunteers at the hostel!

• 29th Jun 2015

Great staff, breakfast and dinner was much more then expected. Bathrooms are cleaned twice a day! I I'll definitely stay again...

Loved the hostel, looked great, worked well, great that it had free foo, made life so easy, pool table was a fab edition! Only negative was the staff, they clearly are a tight team but the hostel would benefit if they were more attentive to making friends with the guests rather than staying in their own group together. It would be awkward in social areas when all the staff know each other and we are cooking around them, unable to feel as if we can join in with the conversation.

It is an awesome place to stay, meet people and have fun.

Best hostel I've stayed in, so friendly! :)

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! Come back again soon!