International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

A great hostel run by some wonderful staff. They were incredibly warm and welcoming, and made sure that everyone had a great time. The meals provided were an awesome bonus, and it was a fantastic gesture by the hostel to put these dinners on as a way of encouraging guests to meet and socialise with each other. Thanks for a brilliant stay!

The hostel was located in an excellent location. Especially if you are gay, because it's just a few blocks from hillcrest. Plenty of restaurants and bars. Staff were friendly but they seems to be international travellers too who need some money but travel at the same time. The guy who checked me out was French and he seemed not to understand English very well and also didn't know how to print the receipt for my stay but that was just a small negative thing about this hostel.

the upstairs doormroom I had was quite warm even with window open, can't blame hostel for the weather. every thing else was great. the hostess that made breakfast has a great pair of legs. i'll be back

• 16th Jul 2014

The place is clean and the STAFF is AMAZING. Everyone was very welcoming . If your in San Diego this hostel is a great place to stay !

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in! The staff were very helpful and welcoming and the atmosphere of the place as a whole made it both comfortable and fun. It was close to the airport and other attractions. The meals and activities they offered were an extra bonus

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Excellent hostel. I very much enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, and the dinner was delicious. The mural paintings add a lot of character to the building.

Hi Tamara, Thank you for the compliments! We are so lucky to have the staff that we do! Best of luck on your travels!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Room is spacious, common area is great. The staffs are extremely friendly and nice, providing you any info you need to know to explore the city and also cooking breakfast and even dinner for you! They also organize daily events at no or low cost. I am really sorry that I only stay in SD for only one night. In the future if possible I would definitely stay in ITH again!

Hi Luoxi, We hope that you will be able to visit us again, one night in San Diego is not nearly enough! We have some great activities planned for this summer and would love for you to join us! Safe travels!

I went all across the west coast in June and stayed at 6 or 7 hostels, and this was by far the best one. The location was great, the staff was great, and the atmosphere there was unbeatable. They have family dinner almost every night which and have a great common room that encourages you to meet other travelers. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay.

Hi James, Your kind words mean so much to us! We are constantly trying to create the best atmosphere for travelers. We want everyone to feel like they are at home but also encourage people to party like it's 1999! Hopefully you can come back soon!

The staff is so nice!! The breakfast, activities and people staying in the hostel are all great!

• 26th May 2014
  • China

Great hostel with outstanding staff who do a lot to help and bring travelers together: free meals (!), daily organized tours including trips on the hostel sailing boat, and nightly activities. While I was not able to participate in a lot of these, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and recommend this hostel to any San Diego backpacker. Area and street are safe, but access to the hostel is not always monitored (if of importance). Also, location is ideal for Balboa Park but not downtown (if you care).

The people there are super nice and they cook wonderful breakfast!!!

• 8th May 2014
  • China

Hi Jessie, Thank you for complimenting us on our breakfasts! Our staff tries to create creative meals that satisfy multiple taste palates. Come back soon!

Very friendly staff. They said hello to me every time the staff saw me. I would stay there again.

Hi Hufano, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so lucky to have such great staff members. Our mission is to make sure everyone feels welcomed and is having the time of their lives! Hope you can come visit us soon!

All in all this place is very chill and relaxing. Staffs are helpful and friendly. Few bus stops away from downtown and other sightseeing places. If you are a walker/jogger/runner, you'll feel good around the area. Great ambiance and clean hostel, just a little more improvement/maintenance of the bathroom (the locking mechanism of the toilet and showers doors are holes in the wall and a latch). Maybe change the shower heads and more hanging racks to put stuff while showering. Great potentials

Hi Ferrera, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are continuously making improvements so that we can create the most enjoyable experience possible! Come check them out on your next visit! See you soon :)

I've travelled quite a bit and have been to a lot of hostels and this is by far the best one I have stayed in. The staff are beyond fantastic, always going out of their way to make sure you are having a good time. Breakfasts and dinners are always different, activities (free!) vary from day to day and it is an amazing atmosphere and environment to be a part of. Didn't want to leave when I did.

A very good hostel in San Diego,,,just ia bit far from downtown!

Fantastic friendly hostel, lovely helpful staff, really excellent common areas and communal meals. Hostel organised activities are a great way to see everything and have an awesome time in San Diego. Spent way too much time hogging the pool table. Perfect location for the zoo, bit of a mission getting downtown.

The staff there are great and very friendly. I was there at a conference in SD and they were very considerate of others and noise. Plus the fact that everyone makes it feel like a home is what I loved... Loved it there! The facility is awesome . I will for sure come back!

• 8th Apr 2014

The hostel(s) Are great fun with amazing people running them, Amazing food and social activities. we stayed at The Zoo hostel to begin with and wanted to extend our stay as it was good fun, but they were full so went down to their sister hostel downtown.. our preference however is the downtown travelers house (sorry guys up at the zoo hostel). Would 100% recommend this place. all the volunteers that were running the hostel at the time are very nice at both hostels. free dental work ask Bradley

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hey Guys! Thanks so much for such a wonderful review! We know that someone in Little Italy paid you to be the favorite ;) But either way, thanks for staying at both of our San Diego locations! You were awesome to have and always have a place to come back to in the city! Happy trails!

Best place to stay in San Deigo; staff are super friendly and there's a really unique vibe, whether you're travelling alone or in a group

Mag and Walton, you're making a really good work at the hostel. You make people feel very welcome and your cooking is so tasty:) And it's cool how you bring all the people from the hostel together through your events.

• 11th Feb 2014