International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

It is an awesome place to stay, meet people and have fun.

Best hostel I've stayed in, so friendly! :)

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! Come back again soon!

Met some really cool people here, the staff are mainly fellow travellers so it was a great atmosphere. Nice neighbourhood with bars/restaurants very nearby. No lockers or safes in the rooms though.

We strive to deliver the true essence of a young backpacker hostel to every guest. That being said, we are a traveler's house run by travelers for travelers. Although we do not have lockers int he dorm rooms, we have two sets of lockers in the hallways. We are glad you had a great time! Come again soon!

Very nice hostel, very clean and friendly people in the hostel. Absolutely recommendable!

if you don't stay here... you are simply an idiot. its amazing. the people are incredible, made so many friends that I will definitely see again.

Amazing people and a great atmosphere! So much fun!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so glad you had a great time! Hopefully you stay with us again if you head back to San Diego. Safe travels!

This location is interesting because it's more like a dorm than a hostel. This isn't a bad thing in that all the regulars who live here (for a semester abroad from places like Brazil and Spain) are very friendly and like a family. The catch is that you're an outsider trying to get in with people who are just living their daily lives- studying, finding jobs, or just hanging out watching tv- not your typical 'hostel' experience. Staff are very friendly as are those living at the hostel.

Our hostel hosts an interesting mix of long term students and short term students. Our nightly activities are a great way for everyone to get involved, hopefully you had a chance to partake in them. We hope you had a good time and hope to see you again!

My first stay at a hostel

• 14th Feb 2015

We hope that your first stay at a hostel was a pleasant one! Hopefully you will be coming back to share more hostel memories with us!

No joke, this is the best hostel I've stayed in. the vibe is so cool.and everyone is so friendly. nice showers, nice rooms, located in a part of town full of really interesting things to do. Definitely staying here again.

Thank you so much for all the compliments. We are so glad that you enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. We really do hope to see you again!

I loved it here. It's my first time in San Diego and I will always come back to this hostel every time I come here. Rachel and all of the staff have welcomed me like family and provided a wonderful home for me and all the other guests. Staying here is by far better than any hotel both in cleanliness and facilities. The culture here is amazing and I have learned so much and made so many new friends! The activities are fantastic and have enabled me to really make the most of my time in San Diego.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hello there, Thank you so much for the kind words! We miss you and hope you come back soon!

ITH Zoo Hostel is the place for you guys! If you're stil wondering wich hostel you'll take, I told you stop think about it, and book your nights in this hostel! I really enjoy my stay there, they organize activities, offer nice things to eat, and everything in a good mood!

• 17th Jan 2015

Hi Eloise, I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! You were so much fun to host and we are glad you could make it to the bonfire! Please come back sometime soon!

Great place to relax. Meet travellers and Americans and people from other parts of the world. Lot of young working people chilling having a good time.. Highly recommended..

Hi Sumit! I'm glad you are enjoying your time with us! We love hosting you and we are so glad that you have stayed with us multiple times! See you soon!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Mostly international students stay here. If you like that atmosphere then this place is for u. They are very family oriented and nice. They have a little library and provide small lockers For storage. Your room has a digital lock to get into. I liked that this place was very close to balboa park and a walking distance to whole foods! It was very clean as well. U can bring your food or they can make you breakfast and dinner. I'd stay here again.

• 8th Jan 2015

We are glad that you had a pleasant experience at the Zoo Hostel! We are one big family here. We a glad you were able to join our family during your stay in San Diego!