International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

The free food was so good! Better than the ITH adventure hostel. Very clean and nice facilities. The lockers were small and in the hallway but it was really a great experience.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Love this place. Very social atmosphere, great tours and activities, very friendly staff. Highly recommend staying here if you're in San Diego!

• 21st Jul 2015

One of the best hostel I have ever been

This is definetly the best hostel in San Diego and a great option vs a hotel during comic con, of course the price is higher during the convention but you get a great place to stay. Very well located in the Hillcrest area it normally cost 8-10 USD to get from hostel to convention center and vice versa with Uber and there are a series of great restaurants around the area that during those days are cheaper than in downtown. I highly recommend this place for your stay.

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff were warm and helpful, everyone felt like old friends after a few days. I'm not exaggerating when I say my stay here at international zoo house was the most fun place I've ever stayed. The group meals, common room and nightly activities really brought everyone together. I wish I was still there.

• 7th Jul 2015

Good hostel

Great staff, breakfast and dinner was much more then expected. Bathrooms are cleaned twice a day! I I'll definitely stay again...

Loved the hostel, looked great, worked well, great that it had free foo, made life so easy, pool table was a fab edition! Only negative was the staff, they clearly are a tight team but the hostel would benefit if they were more attentive to making friends with the guests rather than staying in their own group together. It would be awkward in social areas when all the staff know each other and we are cooking around them, unable to feel as if we can join in with the conversation.

It is an awesome place to stay, meet people and have fun.

Best hostel I've stayed in, so friendly! :)

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! Come back again soon!

Met some really cool people here, the staff are mainly fellow travellers so it was a great atmosphere. Nice neighbourhood with bars/restaurants very nearby. No lockers or safes in the rooms though.

We strive to deliver the true essence of a young backpacker hostel to every guest. That being said, we are a traveler's house run by travelers for travelers. Although we do not have lockers int he dorm rooms, we have two sets of lockers in the hallways. We are glad you had a great time! Come again soon!

Very nice hostel, very clean and friendly people in the hostel. Absolutely recommendable!

if you don't stay here... you are simply an idiot. its amazing. the people are incredible, made so many friends that I will definitely see again.

Amazing people and a great atmosphere! So much fun!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so glad you had a great time! Hopefully you stay with us again if you head back to San Diego. Safe travels!

This location is interesting because it's more like a dorm than a hostel. This isn't a bad thing in that all the regulars who live here (for a semester abroad from places like Brazil and Spain) are very friendly and like a family. The catch is that you're an outsider trying to get in with people who are just living their daily lives- studying, finding jobs, or just hanging out watching tv- not your typical 'hostel' experience. Staff are very friendly as are those living at the hostel.

Our hostel hosts an interesting mix of long term students and short term students. Our nightly activities are a great way for everyone to get involved, hopefully you had a chance to partake in them. We hope you had a good time and hope to see you again!

My first stay at a hostel

We hope that your first stay at a hostel was a pleasant one! Hopefully you will be coming back to share more hostel memories with us!

No joke, this is the best hostel I've stayed in. the vibe is so cool.and everyone is so friendly. nice showers, nice rooms, located in a part of town full of really interesting things to do. Definitely staying here again.

Thank you so much for all the compliments. We are so glad that you enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. We really do hope to see you again!

I loved it here. It's my first time in San Diego and I will always come back to this hostel every time I come here. Rachel and all of the staff have welcomed me like family and provided a wonderful home for me and all the other guests. Staying here is by far better than any hotel both in cleanliness and facilities. The culture here is amazing and I have learned so much and made so many new friends! The activities are fantastic and have enabled me to really make the most of my time in San Diego.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hello there, Thank you so much for the kind words! We miss you and hope you come back soon!