International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, California, USA

The staff there are great and very friendly. I was there at a conference in SD and they were very considerate of others and noise. Plus the fact that everyone makes it feel like a home is what I loved... Loved it there! The facility is awesome . I will for sure come back!

• 8th Apr 2014

The hostel(s) Are great fun with amazing people running them, Amazing food and social activities. we stayed at The Zoo hostel to begin with and wanted to extend our stay as it was good fun, but they were full so went down to their sister hostel downtown.. our preference however is the downtown travelers house (sorry guys up at the zoo hostel). Would 100% recommend this place. all the volunteers that were running the hostel at the time are very nice at both hostels. free dental work ask Bradley

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Best place to stay in San Deigo; staff are super friendly and there's a really unique vibe, whether you're travelling alone or in a group

Mag and Walton, you're making a really good work at the hostel. You make people feel very welcome and your cooking is so tasty:) And it's cool how you bring all the people from the hostel together through your events.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

A group of us (4) visited from the UK and thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly, ensuring we had a great stay.

• 12th Oct 2013

Hi!! Awesome!! So glad to hear you enjoyed our hostel!! We hope you enjoyed all of our free meals and free adventure activities!! Come back soon and check out all of our new features to the hostel! We just built and brand new courtyard and garden!! Cheers, Bobby Owner

This place is good if you want a quiet environment. It's occupied mainly by students so it's not your average hostel. The bunk beds are really squeaky though so it's hard to get any sleep. I changed my booking because it is a bit far from everything and hard to get to transport and the places that you do want to see in San Diego. But they do have activities available daily if you have no plans.

The keys that were cut didn't fit the fit door so was stuck on the door step at 5:45 reception should open at 6am as stated on the door but no answer until 7am and the guy that finally opened wasn't helpful at all, the water had also been turned off when i returned. Meg the manager was very helpful and apologetic the next day.

• 7th Sep 2013

breakfast and dinner included with nice folks working there and the people staying there are nice too; this place sets the high standards for hostels

Kind & Easy to work with. Thanks Bobbye

It was my first experience in a hostel. I liked this place. pros: People were very friendly. The area was clean. They cleaned everywhere every day. It was in a good location. It was close to everything. cons The food was not as good as I expected. It was not completely quiet after 11 pm. I couldn't sleep two nights well because my roommate was snoring like a tractor. My friend (in another room) couldn't sleep one night because her room was hot and it didn't have a fan.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Iran

Had a great time in this hostel. Everyone was really cheery and the staff were friendly and helpful. My belongings felt very safe in my room even though the doors were all unlocked. It just felt like student accommodation where everyone knew each other and respected each others stuff. Would definitely visit again. Great location for balboa park and the hillcrest neighbourhood we were in was great for food and shopping and had a great atmosphere.

Great hostel. staff was super friendly from the beginning. very easy to meet people because the common area is big enough and people are really cool. every night something was organized from the hostel and everyone is welcome to join! I travel by myself and didn't feel bored or lonely once! I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone because the price you pay is for sure worth it! Thanks for a great time!

I only stayed one night. Checked in around 10am left around 5 am, returned at 10:30 to shower. Best bang for the buck in San Diego!!!

• 6th Jul 2013
  • China

It's also a student residence and the atmosphere is very nice.

• 1st Jul 2013

Thank you Aline! We loved having you here. Please come back soon. Safe travels! Best, Dave

I loved my stay here, the area is really safe and friendly and only 10 minutes on the bus to downtown. The rooms are big, clean and light and only the people staying in the room have a key. The bathrooms are some of the cleanest I have seen in a hostel and the common area/kitchen is amazing and easy to meet people there. They provide a free dinner 6 nights a week. There are lots of shops and grocery stores and food outlets really close and you can walk to balboa park. Lockers would be good.

Thank you so much Kari, I loved having you stay with us. Please come back soon! You're welcome any time :-) Safe Travels - Dave