International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

if you don't stay here... you are simply an idiot. its amazing. the people are incredible, made so many friends that I will definitely see again.

Amazing people and a great atmosphere! So much fun!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are so glad you had a great time! Hopefully you stay with us again if you head back to San Diego. Safe travels!

This location is interesting because it's more like a dorm than a hostel. This isn't a bad thing in that all the regulars who live here (for a semester abroad from places like Brazil and Spain) are very friendly and like a family. The catch is that you're an outsider trying to get in with people who are just living their daily lives- studying, finding jobs, or just hanging out watching tv- not your typical 'hostel' experience. Staff are very friendly as are those living at the hostel.

Our hostel hosts an interesting mix of long term students and short term students. Our nightly activities are a great way for everyone to get involved, hopefully you had a chance to partake in them. We hope you had a good time and hope to see you again!

My first stay at a hostel

• 14th Feb 2015

We hope that your first stay at a hostel was a pleasant one! Hopefully you will be coming back to share more hostel memories with us!

No joke, this is the best hostel I've stayed in. the vibe is so cool.and everyone is so friendly. nice showers, nice rooms, located in a part of town full of really interesting things to do. Definitely staying here again.

Thank you so much for all the compliments. We are so glad that you enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. We really do hope to see you again!

I loved it here. It's my first time in San Diego and I will always come back to this hostel every time I come here. Rachel and all of the staff have welcomed me like family and provided a wonderful home for me and all the other guests. Staying here is by far better than any hotel both in cleanliness and facilities. The culture here is amazing and I have learned so much and made so many new friends! The activities are fantastic and have enabled me to really make the most of my time in San Diego.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hello there, Thank you so much for the kind words! We miss you and hope you come back soon!

ITH Zoo Hostel is the place for you guys! If you're stil wondering wich hostel you'll take, I told you stop think about it, and book your nights in this hostel! I really enjoy my stay there, they organize activities, offer nice things to eat, and everything in a good mood!

• 17th Jan 2015

Hi Eloise, I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! You were so much fun to host and we are glad you could make it to the bonfire! Please come back sometime soon!

Great place to relax. Meet travellers and Americans and people from other parts of the world. Lot of young working people chilling having a good time.. Highly recommended..

Hi Sumit! I'm glad you are enjoying your time with us! We love hosting you and we are so glad that you have stayed with us multiple times! See you soon!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Mostly international students stay here. If you like that atmosphere then this place is for u. They are very family oriented and nice. They have a little library and provide small lockers For storage. Your room has a digital lock to get into. I liked that this place was very close to balboa park and a walking distance to whole foods! It was very clean as well. U can bring your food or they can make you breakfast and dinner. I'd stay here again.

• 8th Jan 2015

We are glad that you had a pleasant experience at the Zoo Hostel! We are one big family here. We a glad you were able to join our family during your stay in San Diego!

Best hostel I've ever been too! Good location and great atmosphere.

This hostel is by far the best hostel I've stayed at in the U.S. The staff here are amazing, they really make you feel at home like one big family. The hostel is in a good location, easy access to all the main attractions around the city. The big bonus is the home cooked meals here 4 nights a week where everyone gets together to eat. Theres plenty of activities organised on a daily basis for the hostel guests. The hostel is really clean and great kitchen area with a fun games room to hang out.

My towel had the hair of someone(s) else on it. I felt totally creeped out. Please be more careful with towels you hand out. Other than that it was a positive stay.

I'm so sorry you had a hair on your towel! We make sure that we keep all our free towels washed and clean, so sorry you had that experience. But we're so glad you had an amazing ITH experience otherwise.

Wow !!!! Perfect hostel perfect staff

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again!

Extremely sociable hostel. One of the best I have ever been at in almost all aspects!!

Thank you for the amazing compliments! One of our main goals is to integrate guests into our ITH family by being extremely social and welcoming. We are glad you stayed with and hope to see you soon!

Everything was perfect!!!!

Thanks for saying that everything was perfect! We really do try our hardest to create a genuine experience for our guests. We hope to see you soon!

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, it's like family everyone so warm and welcoming and lots of activities and people who will spend time together. Absolutely top highly recommend it!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

We are so glad you had the chance to stay with us for almost two weeks! It was great to get the chance to know you! Come visit us soon!

Good price and breakfast daily with dinner 3 tunes a week made this one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Jack

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed the food that our wonderful staff prepares everyday. I hope you had a wonderful time with our ITH family!

This was my first experience at a hostel and I am so glad that I picked this one. I had such a great time and the people truly make it a warm, happy, and memorable place. Julia and Jesse, it was so lovely chatting with you; Bradley, thank you for that happy dinner and beach bonfire; Meg, the pumpkin pancakes were yummy! Also, I guess it's true what they say about making some friends too! :)

• 30th Sep 2014

We are glad that you chose us for your first hostel experience! We are always trying to host new and exciting activities for our guests so that we can provide opportunities for building memorable experiences. Come visit us again soon!

Wonderful hostel with helpful, interactive staff and plenty of activities. Perfect location with good bus access!

I stayed at this hostel on my own and I didn't know how would it works. It was absolutely awesome. Nice and funny staff, free and good activities, excellent atmosphere, free cooked meals and breakfasts, super clean and much more. Thanks for everything, keep going like this that it is amazing! I would definitely recommend it and I would go again some day cause I have so much fun there. I am missing san diego!! Congrats guys! Fernanda, Argentina

We are so happy to have you join the ITH family! You were a wonderful person to have around! Please come back and see us soon. Take care!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4