International Travelers House Zoo Hostel Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

My towel had the hair of someone(s) else on it. I felt totally creeped out. Please be more careful with towels you hand out. Other than that it was a positive stay.

I'm so sorry you had a hair on your towel! We make sure that we keep all our free towels washed and clean, so sorry you had that experience. But we're so glad you had an amazing ITH experience otherwise.

Wow !!!! Perfect hostel perfect staff

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again!

Extremely sociable hostel. One of the best I have ever been at in almost all aspects!!

Thank you for the amazing compliments! One of our main goals is to integrate guests into our ITH family by being extremely social and welcoming. We are glad you stayed with and hope to see you soon!

Everything was perfect!!!!

Thanks for saying that everything was perfect! We really do try our hardest to create a genuine experience for our guests. We hope to see you soon!

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, it's like family everyone so warm and welcoming and lots of activities and people who will spend time together. Absolutely top highly recommend it!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

We are so glad you had the chance to stay with us for almost two weeks! It was great to get the chance to know you! Come visit us soon!

Good price and breakfast daily with dinner 3 tunes a week made this one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Jack

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed the food that our wonderful staff prepares everyday. I hope you had a wonderful time with our ITH family!

This was my first experience at a hostel and I am so glad that I picked this one. I had such a great time and the people truly make it a warm, happy, and memorable place. Julia and Jesse, it was so lovely chatting with you; Bradley, thank you for that happy dinner and beach bonfire; Meg, the pumpkin pancakes were yummy! Also, I guess it's true what they say about making some friends too! :)

• 30th Sep 2014

We are glad that you chose us for your first hostel experience! We are always trying to host new and exciting activities for our guests so that we can provide opportunities for building memorable experiences. Come visit us again soon!

I stayed at this hostel on my own and I didn't know how would it works. It was absolutely awesome. Nice and funny staff, free and good activities, excellent atmosphere, free cooked meals and breakfasts, super clean and much more. Thanks for everything, keep going like this that it is amazing! I would definitely recommend it and I would go again some day cause I have so much fun there. I am missing san diego!! Congrats guys! Fernanda, Argentina

We are so happy to have you join the ITH family! You were a wonderful person to have around! Please come back and see us soon. Take care!

It was a pretty good hostel! I would definitely stay here again and I had no real complaints - although it did get a bit warm at one point and they then turned on the A/C (I was told no hostels had A/C in San Diego, so that was nice). The breakfasts were unexpectedly good. The location was fine and street parking wasn't too hard to find for our car.

• 12th Sep 2014

Ben, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. This summer heat has been record breaking, so we're so glad we were able to provide you with a cool place to sleep at night! So glad you enjoyed our free homemade meals and had a good time all around! Come back and see us next time you're in the city!

Quite literally the best hostel in town. We were meant to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying for a week. The staff are lovely, The place is so clean as it is cleaned twice a day. The food is free and actually really good and the activities are actually fun and people go on them. Not like a bad game of ring of fire (kings), it's the place to be. Would wholeheartedly recommend visiting. It's impossible not to make friends there. We'll be going back for sure. Adam and Will!

Adam and Will! We miss you and are so glad you had such a beautiful ITH experience! Make sure to come back and do it all again here at ITH when you're back in town! Happy trails!

Simply wont find a better hostel. Amazing in every aspect and such good fun.

Xavier! Thank you for this perfect review! We are so glad you loved staying with us! It was so nice to meet you and we wish you could have stayed longer! Happy trails and make sure to come back and visit!!

Hands down the best hostel Ive stayed in, The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful, If your going to San Diego make sure you stay here :)

San, Thank you so much for the perfect score! We work so hard to ensure you have an amazing time here, and we're so glad you enjoyed it all to it's fullest! Hopefully see you down the road again :)

My friend and I stayed there for three nights and we LOVED it. The atmosphere at the hostel was really great, our receptionist (Rachel) was a lot of fun, and we met another traveller who became our really good friend. The hostel offers a lot to do - there is always something going on (from movie night to pub-crawl). And as a huge bonus you get free meals - so when you get home from a day of sight-seeing you'll find receptionists in the kitchen cooking for you.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Morten, Thank you so much for such an amazing review! We're so happy to hear you had such a fulfilling and fun ITH experience! Come back next time you're in town, and we'd love to have you for all the breakfasts and dinners again!

Awesome staff, helpful in every respect, creating a great atmosphere in the hostel. The location is not exactly central if you have to solve some issues in the center, but you can get there quickly. The neighborhood is full of good shops, post office is just next door. Great hostel!

Frantisek, Thank you so much for your awesome review! While Hillcrest isn't downtown, we're the most central neighborhood in the city for getting downtown or to the beaches in less than ten minutes, and well, we also love having Balboa Park for a backyard! So we're glad you made the most of it! We wish you all the best in your epic hiking adventures and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us here at ITH!

I've been to many different hostels all around the world but that one is the best ever. The staff is really friendly and they do everything to make you feel really comfortable. You can do a lot of activities like surfing and boat party for free with them. Also they offer free "family" dinner. It's the best hostel for people who travel alone because it's easy to make new friends.

Marjolaine, Thank you so much for the beautiful review! It was a pleasure to have you here with us at the hostel! WE're so happy you had such a wonderful time here and that you mastered the art of juggling at the beach bonfire! Come back to visit us next time you come to San Diego!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Amazing atmosphere as they really promote getting to know everyone at the hostel with free group meals everyday, great common areas and loads of organized trips and activities during the day and night. The staff were lovely and so helpful. The only thing that could be improved is the AC doesn't work too well in some of the rooms so it gets quite hot and sweaty. But overall a very positive experience and I would definitely reccomend staying here!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Sarah! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so glad you made the most of your ITH experience! And we're sorry about this crazy heatwave, it has the whole city sweaty! We're the only hostel in the city with AC though, so we hope you got to enjoy some of it! Happy Travels :)

A great hostel run by some wonderful staff. They were incredibly warm and welcoming, and made sure that everyone had a great time. The meals provided were an awesome bonus, and it was a fantastic gesture by the hostel to put these dinners on as a way of encouraging guests to meet and socialise with each other. Thanks for a brilliant stay!

Reuben! It was so wonderful to have you stay with us! We're so glad you enjoyed all the meals and activities we put on to bring everyone together! We're always working on keeping things as clean and fun and adventurous as possible for all our guests! We hope every time you need a get away from LA, you'll come back to see us at ITH!

The hostel was located in an excellent location. Especially if you are gay, because it's just a few blocks from hillcrest. Plenty of restaurants and bars. Staff were friendly but they seems to be international travellers too who need some money but travel at the same time. The guy who checked me out was French and he seemed not to understand English very well and also didn't know how to print the receipt for my stay but that was just a small negative thing about this hostel.

Sansiri, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our philosophy at ITH is that it is a place for travelers, run by travelers; so our staff are made up of wonderful travelers that come to volunteer and make ITH the diverse and international community that it is! So yes, our volunteers come from all around the world :) If you would like us to send you a receipt please let us know, and we'd be happy to get you one!

the upstairs doormroom I had was quite warm even with window open, can't blame hostel for the weather. every thing else was great. the hostess that made breakfast has a great pair of legs. i'll be back

• 16th Jul 2014

Ken, we're so glad you decided to stay with us during your time in San Diego, even during our intense heat wave! We do turn on our AC at night to make things more bearable during the hottest nights! Hope you enjoyed! We also hope you made it to the beach to at least enjoy all this warm weather! And finally, we hope you enjoyed the free breakfast just as much as the legs that cooked it :)

By far my favourite hostel in the states so far! The staff are amazing, helpful and friendly. And they persuade gueats to socialise by organising family meals, day trips and night activities. Highly recommend staying here if you are heading to San Diego and want to have a good time.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Hannah and Haley you will be missed by all here! Thank you so much for staying with us and being such wonderful additions to the ITH family! Happy trails in all your exciting travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3