International Travellers' Hostel Reviews

C-32/4, Vidyapeeth Road, Landmark: Gate # 2 of Vidyapeeth University, Varanasi, India

Far from the city center and we didn't see any travelers there. But it is nice and clean and surely not expesive! Try their muesli breakfast, is is to die for!

Really beautiful guest house type hostel in a great location near the train station. The owners were really nice and also picked us up from the airport for a small fee. The private double room is absolutely gorgeous and well worth the money. It has an amazing bathroom and very comfortable bed. Really enjoyed our stay here.

After a tumultuous week-long stay aboard a Kashmiri houseboat, this hostel was a great place to land. Quiet (no audible horns from the street), clean, and the staff doesn't try to sell you stuff at every opportunity. Pleasant stay and cool people to commiserate about India's delights and trials with.

• 20th Apr 2014

We chose this place because of the good price and we only planned to stay 2 nights, but we ended up staying a whole week because of the very nice and friendly atmosphere and homey feeling! The staff was the nicest we have met in our whole trip in India! The hostel is placed a little outside of Varanasi city centre, but we found it to be an advantage to get out of the crowded centre and relax in the cold and clean dorm, the colorful living room and the nice garden.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

I don't normally review hostels but I can't not give this hostel a great review. As soon as I arrived I asked where I could get some food and the owner drove me in his car to show me where. I'm at the end of a 5 month trip around Asia and this hostel is one of my favorites. Very sociable, clean and the staff are perfect. I was unfortunate to get food poisoning whilst I was in Varanasi and the staff looked after me better than I could have hoped for. Very highly recommended.

It is an overjoying realisation to be one of your favourites, Tom! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again. Looking after you during your sickness was our duty and a matter of utmost importance. We were happy that you regained health quickly. ~ Ashish

Incredibly friendly staff and a decent place to meet other backpackers. Very clean and comfy space. Food is a bit expensive and it is slightly out of the way, but other than that it was a perfect place to stay. We were there for 5 nights.

Thank you for your honest feedback, Mark. It will certainly help us to keep motivated toward striving for excellence. I have noted your concern regarding our food pricing. We unfortunately found ourselves incapable of offering any cheaper menu whilst we continue to maintain the level of hygiene as we do, to ensure that our staff is properly paid (most of the staff working in Indian restaurants are underpaid) and because of the premium ingredients that we use. See you around! ~ Ashish

Best hostel I stayed at in India. Good atmosphere, just like a home. Very comfortable and a proper high pressure hot shower! Wow! Bit out of main area but not necessarily a bad thing in Varanasi. Really good breakfast and iced tea too!

I, on behalf of everyone here at ITH, thank you for your wonderful words, Tom. We really appreciate it! It is of utmost importance to us to know that our guests enjoy their time with us, and since you did, it gives us immense joy. This will keep us motivated to continue to strive for excellence. Hope we meet again! ~ Ashish

This has to be one of the very best hostels I've ever stayed in. Ashish and his family are warm and welcoming, and it really is a home from home- a real gem! Nicely furnished clean rooms, hot water, cosy lounge, and fantastic homely atmosphere, plus the food served is delicious too. A short walk/tuktuk drive into the main tourist centre, but not a problem. Really can't fault this place- a great option for long-terming if you're looking for that, too. I'd come back here most definitely.

Thank you so much for this generous review, Ursula. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. It was a pleasure to host you and we definitely look forward to welcoming you again. I hope the pancake recipe worked out fine for you. Will send you the tomato chutney as soon as I have a spare moment. Haven't forgotten ;) Till we meet again. ~ Ashish