International Travellers' Hostel Reviews

C-32/4, Vidyapeeth Road, Landmark: Gate # 2 of Vidyapeeth University, Varanasi, India

I don't normally review hostels but I can't not give this hostel a great review. As soon as I arrived I asked where I could get some food and the owner drove me in his car to show me where. I'm at the end of a 5 month trip around Asia and this hostel is one of my favorites. Very sociable, clean and the staff are perfect. I was unfortunate to get food poisoning whilst I was in Varanasi and the staff looked after me better than I could have hoped for. Very highly recommended.

Incredibly friendly staff and a decent place to meet other backpackers. Very clean and comfy space. Food is a bit expensive and it is slightly out of the way, but other than that it was a perfect place to stay. We were there for 5 nights.

Best hostel I stayed at in India. Good atmosphere, just like a home. Very comfortable and a proper high pressure hot shower! Wow! Bit out of main area but not necessarily a bad thing in Varanasi. Really good breakfast and iced tea too!

This has to be one of the very best hostels I've ever stayed in. Ashish and his family are warm and welcoming, and it really is a home from home- a real gem! Nicely furnished clean rooms, hot water, cosy lounge, and fantastic homely atmosphere, plus the food served is delicious too. A short walk/tuktuk drive into the main tourist centre, but not a problem. Really can't fault this place- a great option for long-terming if you're looking for that, too. I'd come back here most definitely.

Ashish, his family and staff were so lovely and helpful. They made this hostel a home away from home. It's a little bit out of the city center but it's close to the train station and it's nice being able to get away from the chaos of the river. It's very peaceful curling up on the couch or sitting out in the garden in the sun. This is definitely the place to stay if you're looking for comfort, friendly service, chilled vibes and a really hot shower. Thanks Ashish for everything!!

I am so happy to know that you had a pleasant time with us, Alex. I really appreciate your encouraging words. Thank you so much for keeping us motivated to strive for excellence! Hope to see you again, perhaps on our travels, if not while hosting you :) ~ Ashish

An oasis of peace in a hectic and overpopulated city. The staff was just exceptional and the food even better.

I had a wonderful stay here and it definitely enhanced my experience in Varanasi. While it's a 10-min rick ride away from the ghats, it's close to the train station and a welcome escape from the chaotic highway of Varanasi. Ashish and his family are warm and welcoming and great cooks(!). Would highly recommend as you'll need this retreat from the noise and grime of the streets. Thank you for letting me hang around for half a day until my night train! If I return to Varanasi I know where to go :)

I am overjoyed to know that you had a wonderful time with us, Stephani. Thank you so much for your kind words. This is what keeps us motivated to go the extra mile...every single time. Hope to see you again soon! ~ Ashish

Great hostel. Walking distance to the train station. Asish and his staff are very lovely people. I'm grateful for their hospitality. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kevin. It was an absolute pleasure to host you here, and what's even more delighting to know is that you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you around! ~ Ashish

ITH is a great place to stay! The rooms are cleanand airy, the bathroom spotless. the hostel is located in an alley so that you are far away from the din and chaos of the main road. Ashish and his family are very kind and make you feel at home as you take your breakfast/dinner at their own table! (i recomend the parathas and pizzas!) The best part is the spacios common area where travellers can meet and chill, sometimes joined by ashish himself!

I, on behalf of everyone at ITH, thank you for your wonderful and kind words, Alexandra. Gestures like these are what keep us going. More than anything else we are happy to have met your expectations and it pleases us to know that we could earn your appreciation. ~ Ashish