International Youth Hostel Yaroslav Reviews

10, Yaroslavska str., Kiev, Ukraine

A nice, warm place (they heating well) metro station 2 minutes walk. Friendly staff.

If you don't like to speak Russian, tell me, don't be grumpy and unkind. GET THE STAFF OFF THE COMPUTER and working. Kitchen was a MESS - crumbs and dirty dishes. The electric kettles were very dirty. For three days, there were some leftovers on the drain strainer in the sink. Peeled pain, dirty WC walls, dirt under the bathtub, a "herbarium" of used WC paper in bins with no lids. Didn't like it.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Bulgaria

- Very kind staff. - Great location, not too far from the Metro Station - I would say, this facility can look and be much cleaner. - The front door was always Open !, and it is very easy for anybody from the street reach your room. I would NOT say The Security aspect was good at this facility.

I have travelled quite a lot in my life, but this hostel really is uniquely dirty and greasy. If you don't only want a place to sleep, don't go there. The shower was incredibly mold-infested; there is no cleaning service, the corridor smells awfully as it doesn't have a window and doors are always locked. Location is good though and staff was ok, too.

• 7th Sep 2013

We stayed altogether for four nights and according to the staff the deposit made online did not matter and they wanted to charge full 300 uah per night. From 3 administrators that we met only one spoke good english and was giving helpful information. One time the lock on the door stopped functioning and we were locked inside the room, luckily we had hostel phone nr. Taken together : ok for the price but no atmosphere and poor communication with customers.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Estonia

A very good hostel with an excellent location and friendly staff. Worth visiting and staying in.

Really a very nice hostel, located in the probably best positon in Kiev (quiet street in Podil).. Unfortunately everything is degraded by a incredible lackness of cleaning service! (actually in-existent!)

• 10th Aug 2013

This is the worst hostel where I lived for that price. If I lived there more than one day, I would have fallen into depression.

• 10th Aug 2013