Intersail Reviews

Oosterdok st. 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Would definitely stay here again, but I wish it was a little closer to Central Station!

• 28th Sep 2013

The Christina is a fun experience, a hostel on the water. The staff are very helpful and kind, the beds and rooms, although small, are very comfortable. Hot showers are supplied with soap and shampoo. Close to city center. And quiet at night when you need to sleep.

The boat itself is in a really good location - close enough to the city to walk but far enough to avoid the noise of the city. The rooms are very small- as are the beds, however they are all very clean. The staff are very nice and friendly.

Nice guy, quiet place, far from town, bycycle mandatory

• 23rd Aug 2013

What you see is what you get with Inter Sail. The rooms are small but for their purpose are perfect. The boat is located within easy walking distance of Amsterdam Centraal Train Station & about 10 minutes walk to the centre of Amsterdam. The hostess is very helpful & polite and will help you with any queries you might have. In the evening its nice to relax with a drink on the deck with fellow travellers. If I was to return to Amsterdam I would seriously consider staying here again

• 16th Aug 2013

i wish there were higher ratings than excellent cuz I have 0 complaints about this place. you need to stay here at least one night. awesomeness.

My girlfriend and I have stayed at the Intersail for seven nights. All in all we've had a good time. The manager is a really helpful and nice guy! The rooms are small, but hey, you're on a boat, so this is nothing unexpected. The toilets and showers were clean. Breakfast was fine as well. We just want to give the advise to not forget earplugs during the stay, because it can be quite loud on the boat. Pretty annoying was the everlasting flow of one of the toilets. Hopefully the crew will fix it.

• 5th Aug 2013

The room is as they say small but appart from that everything was great. Very helpful staff!

My friend and I stayed here for two nights. It was a neat experience to stay on a boat and the manager was very helpful. The room was quite small but that is to be expected. Our only major complaint was that the walls are paper thin and we could hear everything in the rooms next to ours as well as people stumbling in drunk throughout the night. The overall cleanliness was fine and the breakfast was decent. It is very close to NEMO and about a 25 minute walk from Central Station.

We loved our time on the Christina! Christian was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. The boat is near the station and near to town whilst being in a quieter part so great for getting some sleep! Breakfast was great, especially the chocolate milk and the bathroom facilities were clean, showers were hot and powerful too! The rooms were tiny but charming and fine for 3 people as it was just for sleeping! We can't wait to return!! :)

• 28th Jun 2013

Really nice querky place, and the host was very pleasant. I do not recomment it for tall people however as you have barely enough room to lay your entire body, or to stand up with another person in the room. I found it quite expensive for what we got, but then again, the boat is perfectly located. Nice little experience if you are only looking for somewhere to sleep. The other guests can be quite loud,so don't exect an extremely comfortable night.

Very good atmosphere, really nice staff but rooms very small. Good to go with friends that are not very tall

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Spain

We love Christian! He was the best, so accommodating! This hostel was everything I was hoping for, felt really safe and it was such a relaxed atmosphere on the boat, a perfect location too! Would stay again for sure.

A rather nice and interesting stay. 2 bunks is a private room for the two of us. Good filling breakfast. Space is restricted by the nature of the hostel, as it is a boat. The dock is 15min from dam square, and 10 from red light district.

We had a really nice stay at Intersail. If you're in Amsterdam, staying on a boat is the thing to do. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Close to the train station and to central Amsterdam. The rooms are small but clean, we stayed three in a three bed room and it works as long as you only have hand luggage with you.

Great place to stay in Amsterdam, I would definitely stay here again if I came back!

• 5th Jun 2013

The facility was nice and the staff was really friendly. The only complaint is that one of the beds was quite small even for a shortish person

Brilliant, staff were wonderful and the boat was all we wanted and more. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone!

• 27th May 2013

Absolutely loved my stay on intersail. The member of staff on the boat, Chris, was so helpful and really made our trip. My only criticism would be that, I am a light sleeper and you can hear other people because its a boat! The breakfast in the morning was good, everything was clean and there was never a wait for a shower. Would stay on Christina again :)

• 24th May 2013