Intro Hostels Cusco Reviews

Cuesta Santa Ana 515, Cusco, Peru

One of the best hostels I've wandered into ! Great setting in an entirely renovated colonial house, beautiful and clean rooms, all facilities... And more than all a great and welcoming staff, and all the common spaces you need to hang out with fellow travelers.

Intro was like no other hostel I've stayed in. I've been to 17 countries and no hostel compares to Intro. I enjoyed staying there

Great staff, great place...kitchen is a little short on tools...laid back mature travelers during my time...social without the loud party bullshit...and excellent location...easy walk to anywhere in the old city or out into the countryside sachsihuaman way...

INTRO Hostel is very different to the others hostels in Cusco. The staff are very special and nice to me, very helpfull people. The beds are so confortable and the rooms are very big, warm and confortable too. Actually i recomend the hostel. Thanks a lot!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Peru

Hostel is a bit uphill from Plaza de Armas, maybe 10 min walk. It's a smaller hostel with in an old colonial house. Staff is friendly and atmosphere during the day is very chill. At night things can get a bit rowdy at night as the bar is open til 1am. I absolutely would not recommend staying on the 3rd floor above the bar - VERY noisy.

Bar closes between 23:30Hrs and 00:00 Hrs. We even call a van so people who like to party can go to clubs with a free ride. The hostel is located 4 blocks from the Main Plaza. Anyway, if you find that too far because of the altitude sickness, you can take a taxi for 3 soles. We also have Oxygen for guests in case you have a bad altitude sickeness (very rare though).

Intro hostel is great! Best prices on rooms, food, and drinks in Cusco. Plus, if you plan on heading to Lima after Cusco, you can get 20% off your stay at 1900 Backpackers in the colonial district just for staying at Intro Hostel. If you are looking for a safe, and fun hostel at cheap prices Intro Hostel is the one to pick. Make sure you play a game or two of chesties when you are there too!

• 8th Nov 2014

It's a party hostel so be prepared for a lot of noise . ..... was difficult to get to sleep sometimes

Only bad thing was that it gets really cold and all the communal areas are outside. Makes for a bit of a less social experience. Kitchen facilities were awesome. Staff was helpful and friendly.

OVERALL: Nice hostel, highly recommended. PROS: Nice social, but not party, atmosphere. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean, good supply of hot water, both the (local) reception staff and (backpacker) bar staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice outdoor common area, bar is very reasonably priced and the campfire is a nice touch. CONS: No indoor chill space (other than small bar) when it´s cold, only one cubicle in the ladies loos locks and the showers have only curtains for privacy.

We loved loved LOVED this hostel!! The staff were some of the most wonderful people I have ever met who genuinely cared about our safety and comfort, everyone was really friendly and cool. They let us leave our bags there all day after we checked out and when we stupidly realized that we couldn't sleep in the airport that night (we had a really early flight), they let us sleep in the lounge and even gave us blankets. Loved everything about this hostel and can't say enough good things about it!!

• 19th Oct 2014

I strongly recommend this hostel. it's quite small but has a good atmosphere. ensuite private rooms have great showers! staff are very good. we booked our salkantay trek here at a good price and came back for a couple more nights. only 5 minutes from plaza san Francisco. There is an awesome family run pizza joint down the hill. you simply have to try it!

Intro is by far one of the best hostels I've stayed at during my South America travels, I love it here! The staff are so friendly and accommodating- like good friends or family. The layout of the hostel is awesome and open, very inviting. More over, the showers are super hot for those chilly Cuzco days and the food/bar atmosphere is nice too. Great drink deals. I especially love that it's not a huge party hostel like nextdoor neighbor, Loki, but still a very social place. Stay at Intro!!

A lot of hits with only a little to improve on. It is a very good hostel which pays attention to little details like having lockers for charging things, reading lights for every bed, plugs next to every bed (top and bottom bunks), computers, hammocks, drinks and/or food specials every night and so on. Just needs to add curtains to the rooms as it gets light at about 5:30 and it becomes hard to sleep well after that. Would definitely recommend.

I stayed here for 5 nights before hiking the Inca Trail. It's no frills but very welcoming. Bed was comfortable and had plenty of blankets. Great Showers.

• 5th Oct 2014

What a very cozy place! I'm going to miss the bonfire at nights and all the sharing not only with new friends but also with the friendly staff! This is the place where you can enjoy and have fun during the day and have a good sleep during the nights, so quiet and peaceful! I definitely recommend it!

• 4th Oct 2014

This place has a more social than party atmosphere, which we really liked. The old building is awesome, and there is a large courtyard which is great for socialising, as long as there is a fire in the fire pit, as the nights are pretty cold. It can get a bit chilly in the room, but they give you blankets. Also bit cold going outside to get to showers, and the showers are not very private - only curtains. However, it's really fun and we are going back to stay this weekend as we like it so much!

I really have no complaints about my stay at Intro Hostel in Cusco. The staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was perfect for meeting people. I enjoyed the bonfire each night

The staff were generally pretty helpful- reception and bar staff were great. Organizing one of our tours was frustrating to do with the hostel organizer. She didnt speak a lot of English and was unable to keep our dates straight for our tour. Otherwise fairly good stay for us.

Thanks for your comment. We rent a space in the hostel to a tour operator to sell tours with special prices and discounts. As you said, the lady that was selling them was not doing her job very well (she was new in the position and her english level was not very fluent). Thanks to your comment we got her changed with another person who is very nice.

The room was nice, but there weren't any curtains so a lot of light in the early morning. Very loud people, even in the middle of the night. Breakfast was poor. Good location.

The problem with the curtain is already fixed, sorry. Regarding the loud people, we dont usually have them. We close the bar at midnight. For breakfast we give eggs, coffee, yogurt, tea, bread, ham and butter. Not bad for 8 dollars a night. About the location, yes we are well located, walking distance to all attractions in Cusco. Anyway, as we always say, if you can not walk because of the altitude, better take a taxi. They only cost 1 dollar and will drop u anywhere in the historic center.

I was extremely impressed with the service and beauty of the place. The hostel is super well located, very close to all the places that are important to visit. The staff was extremely knowledgeable of the best deals and bar tips. The fellow travelers I met were also top. I was frankly surprised that the price was as low for what you get. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4