Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

You can't get any better than Inverness Student Hostel. Staff is awesome, facilities are clean, and location is great. Inverness is a laid-back city and this hostel fits right in. Felt more like home than a hostel.

Very good hostel in a convenient location. The lady at the reception was nice and helpful. The common area, kitchen and bedroom were excellent. Unfortunately, the bathroom was small, smelly and in need of a bit of work.

• 19th Feb 2014

this hostel is absolutely my favourite hostel if i compare with other hostels that i stayed. friendly and cheerful staff and great atmosphere and people...

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Loved this place, small and felt like home. Loved the wood fire. Thanks for a great stay

Enjoyed staying here- great people, friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, etc- loved the free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate!

Second time, again very happy and satisfied with everything!

This hostel is excellent from almost all aspects. IThe room is not too big (6 bedded mixed dorm) but just nice for us. They provide free flow of coffee, tea and hot chocolate for people staying here. We especially love the shower rooms because they are brightly-lit and most importantly it is very warm. The lounge area is very comfortable too, with all the leaflets and travel tips available.

Nice hostel, great location (in the very centre of the city, next to the Inverness Caslte and with a lot of Pubs and local inside-city sightseeing attractions), very clean, tidy and with comfy beds (BTW, the same pattern of others' backpackers). The drawbacks are the horrible car-parking (albeit there are some parks lots across the street) and the tiny place for the breakfast/meals (only 4 seats!).

Absolutely brilliant, would recommend to anyone! Very welcoming and homey (I was there over Xmas), hoping to go back next time I'm in Inverness

PERFECT PLACE!! We booked one night firstly and then it ended up of four nights stay. The atmosphere could not be better!! very friendly and helpful staff and lots of interesting people around. I highly recommend this place if you are young and looking for some great vibe. place. Def. will stay here again if we back to inverness.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • China

There was no heating in the rooms. This by the way was in the middle of December in the Scottish Highlands. I slept with my clothes and coat on for my entire stay, so I didn't freeze to death. That was completely unacceptable, and people should have been notified of the heating issue before checking in.

Staff there were very friendly and helpful.

I loved staying here. I felt at home for the two nights that I was here.

• 21st Nov 2013

Awesome staff, friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely interested in what I had been up to. Atmosphere was fantastic, good place to meet others. Room was the most spacious I've been in after 2 months of travelling. Room had good high view of town, made for some good photos after it snowed in the morning.

it was cold because the heating was broken. The breakfast was poor. The staff really nice and helpful.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Great friendly place to be, would go back tomorrow if I could. Really helpful and friendly staff. There is a closure at 2am which some might not like, but it's really close to a great bar and there is enough entertainment in the common room generated by groups of travellers you won't mind anyway!

This is a great little hostel! You really feel at home, the location is perfect, close enough to the centre of town but with great views of the River Ness. The kitchen has everything you could need, including an amazing variety of spices! Would definitely stay here again. Make sure to check out Hootanannys pub!

Great view from the hostel and good location. Very cozy and clean facilities. Great simple place to stay on a budget.

Very cosy, well organised hostel with a welcoming atmosphere and extremely friendly and helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay!

• 6th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

staff at this hostel were really nice and friendly. they have a well equipped kitchen and free herbs and spices which was a nice touch. the rooms were quite big and there was a nice common room. overall a nice place to stay