Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

This is a rather nice hostel that should meet just about all your needs. Its main downside is the facilities are old. The beds a little rough and there are no lockers in the rooms for your things. The upsides are the price and location. The best part about it is the staff. They really helped out a ton with pretty much everything. This one girl Aninoa really did everything should could to make the stay better. So much so I would stay there again simply because of their kindness.

• 11th Sep 2014

Nice place to stay, but everything is tiny. Extremely limited parking if you're driving here. Lovely staff members.

This place was a little worn and grubby, but the bathrooms and kitchen were clean, which is the most important. The staff was absolutely AWESOME- so friendly, available to help with anything at all, and just really lovely people. There are no lockers in the room, so be prepared for that- you are able to leave you valuables behind the desk in a safe though. Despite this, I never felt like there was a security risk- the other guests were great, and there was a really lovely familial atmosphere.

Would be great if lockers were provided so you could leave valuables in the hostel while you're out

• 1st Sep 2014

Great place to stay. Very comfortable beds

• 22nd Aug 2014

Yooo, great people but really frustrating wifi! The place is really cozy, nice, beautiful. I had a really lovely time just sitting there in the warmth, and the beds and decorations are also really great. The security is kind of embarrassingly bad... you get a card that has your dates of stay on it and when you come in somebody asks to see it.... but I don't think that it was properly checked because the staff likes to have fun.... which is fine! Inverness is really safe!

Great hostel

The staff was so kind and so helpful. The kitchen was always so lively, and the dining room has the ideal size so we could meet other people and share with them. We loved it, definitely !

I stayed here about a year previously and the hostel has greatly improved on its cleanliness since then! The staff are still excellent and extremely helpful. Hot showers with plenty of water pressure. I will stay here whenever I am in Inverness again!

We had a great time in Inverness and the young girl at the front desk was very friendly and efficient.

I enjoyed my stay at hostel, lovely staff good environment and very good location.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • India

Very helpful staff Good value breakfast...including homemade scones

• 31st Jul 2014

Fantastic staff, central location, cosy atmosphere and very cheap laundry service.

Its only couple of minutes walk to anywhere in town. Staffs were extremely helpful. OK to borrow hair dryer. The kitchen can be crowned sometimes. Grocery store was 5-10mins walk. Very convenient.

The most amazing hostel I have ever been to! I was solo traveling, and everyone made me feel welcome even if it was just with a friendly "hello". Everything is clean and the whole city is easily accessible. There is a gorgeous view of the sunset from the window in the lounge. I really did not want to leave and may have even shed a few tears on my walk to the train station. Also, staff was helpful with finding stuff to do.. they recommended Foyers Falls and I loved it!

Love it. Thanks :)

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Latvia

This was an ideal location for my trip. Enjoyed it so much stayed an extra night. Girls on reception were fantastic. Even although a single traveler felt as if i was part of the group. Definitely be returning next year and hope to stay longer in Inverness. Couldnt fault the place and the welcome and service where first class.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Great location and very nice staff. The 6-bed female dorm is quite comfortable. Internet works well in the whole hostel. I'd recommend it!

• 9th Jul 2014

My friend and I didn't want to leave Inverness because of how much we loved this hostel! Wonderful staff, the kitchen was nice to have (saved money cooking rather than eating out), and the common area was a great place to meet people. Great atmosphere, great place to stay!

• 5th Jul 2014

The Inverness Student Hostel has a social, upbeat atmosphere! The staff are helpful and friendly. It's in a great location.