Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

I had a very nice time and appreciate it very much. The staff were very helpful, especially the young Belgian man with whom I interacted the most.

I stayed here for 5 night, got a really good feel for the hostel, staff were fantastic always had a smile and we're always happy to help. Washrooms and showers were great, I wish the rooms had lockers in them, but there was a safe down behind the desk you could keep your passport or any valuables in. The location couldn't have been any better, you were central to everything I would definitely re book here when I come back!

Really fun little place, great communal atmosphere, really good for meeting people. The rooms were a little cramped with beds and there could've been more/bigger bathrooms but otherwise great place to see not just Inverness but more of the highlands - a good central location. Staff was super helpful and the place is plastered with ideas and recommendations!

Great facilities with wifi signal strong lovely staff and very secure rooms. Bathrooms clean very well organised hostel. Definitely stay again,! Wish we had stayed longer

This was a decent hostel. Shower situation is limited & no where to set your stuff. Cleanliness was ok considering how old the building is I guess.

Had a really nice stay here, good access to tea and coffee, good kitchen facilities, very relaxed place.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice staff. Super clean. Nice people around. Nice atmosphere. Perfect hostel just like all of the "backpacker" company Hostels in Scotland. I can just recommend them!

It's an alright hostel. The cons are the terribly unconfortable beds, the way too tiny kitchen, the lack of power points and lockers in the rooms and the sometimes unprofessional staff. The pros are the confy atmosphere, the many spices in the kitchen, the helpfulness of some staff members&the location. It's probably your best bet in Inverness.

A lovely atmosphere with friendly staff. If I ever visit Inverness again, I'd stay here again.

There is still some hope for backpackers, travellers and friends from all around the world. Thanks for a great stay.

hostel!!! We went here after we left another horrible hostel on the high street of inverness very friendly staff, mice rooms, great atmosphere we really felt at home. I highly recommend this hostel as your first choice!

Very central to Inverness with good parking provided (which you will need if you have a car as parking is very tight in central Inverness). Hostel looks a little rundown as it is rather old but it is warm and has some good common areas. Kitchen is a bit small if more than a couple people are cooking. Staff was very nice and helpful. Shopping and pubs are in easy walking distance.

One night quick stop over. Pleasant stay

This is a small hostel. The staff were fantastic, friendly and willing to go above and beyond to help you. Security was a bit lacking as there were no lockers or anything of the such but I did not feel at any point that my stuff was in danger of being stolen. Atmosphere was great. Nearly everyone was friendly and interested in chatting of cracking a joke or two. Price was decent at between 15-17 pounds per night. A great little place to rest your head while you explore Inverness!

This is a good hostel.

Really enjoyed our stay, great location kol wee hostel

The location is good, within walking distance of the Castle, the River Walk, and the City Centre, but it's a pretty funky, old house, although the staff is nice and helpful. There wasn't really enough bathrooms for the number of people staying there, and I personally would much prefer separate ones for men and women. And you can hear other guests talking late at night throughout. Free parking is a plus, although I was the last one able to do so, since there are really only spots for 4 vehicles.

Unclean and disorganized. Staff thought we had checked out when we hadn't and gave away our beds for the second night. Assigned us new beds in a room with a guy who snored and moaned all night. They refused to do anything about it the next day, so we went elsewhere. Bathrooms are in very rough shape.

Nice hostel, great location, just near the castle and the main street, the staff is awesome. great address for small budget in inverness

I liked the vibe of this place. They were relaxed about my arrival time (10 pm). My dorm/ bed was comfortable, although limited in power points. The bathrooms were fine. The communal areas were good (in an old house) and the optional breakfast reasonably priced. The location was perfect - quiet, five minutes from the main stretch of bars etc and ten minutes from the bus station. Parking was available.

« first « Prev 1 2 3