Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

I liked the vibe of this place. They were relaxed about my arrival time (10 pm). My dorm/ bed was comfortable, although limited in power points. The bathrooms were fine. The communal areas were good (in an old house) and the optional breakfast reasonably priced. The location was perfect - quiet, five minutes from the main stretch of bars etc and ten minutes from the bus station. Parking was available.

Very convenient for getting into the town centre, and a big thanks to the guy on the front desk this Thursday who found and returned my watch to me that I'd left in my bed!

The staff was not very helpful. They were out of the way and the facilities weren't very clean

• 16th Aug 2015

nice staff abd a good atmosphere,but that is all. location is a little problematic with the bags and all. at the room the is nothing beside the beds, and inly 2 outlets for 6 people.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Major con: No lockers in the dorms. Other cons: Having to tiptoe around my dorm during the 12 hours I was there. While I don't want a party hostel, I certainly don't want the atmosphere of a morgue either. There also isn't 24 hour reception, and the morning shift person was late in opening the place. Pros: Being given a bottom bunk per my request, decent bathrooms and showers, comfortable beds, great location, signs of life in the common areas, good Internet connection. Pretty good overall.

Great hostel in a great location. The staff we very friendly and the rooms were bright and welcoming. The only suggestion I have is to put a mirror in the rooms!

Nice hostel, at a 12-15 min walking distance from bus station. Neat and clean, cozy rooms, great wifi speed, lot of free things in kitchen, good crowd, friendly staff, decent value for money. It will be good to have more toilets/bathrooms though.

Lots of personality and the staff were helpful. Its a fairly small place and there were no lockers in the rooms but there was a nice view from the dorm!

Great location, helpful staff, excellent breakfast. A few more showers/bathrooms would be more convenient. Thanks!

Friendly staff, great atmosphere and comfy lounge. Kitchen even had spices and oil for cooking! Really enjoyed my stay. Bedding and linen is a bit old and thin, but clean.

Great help from Kayla the receptionist. Pass on my gratitude.

• 9th Jul 2015

Good Hostel! Would stay there again and recommend it! Had a nice time!

The 4-bed room i spent the night was definitely too small for 4 grown-up especially because one of the others closed the window and so the air was stuffy in there. The curtains on the window were ripped. The blankets extremly smelly. They should be removed I think.

Well equiped kitchen, friendly staff, comfy beds, excellent value (2pounds) for breakfast. More toilets would be better.

Really enjoyed my stay, everything was great. Especially location. Perfect.

Great staff, cool vibe, fun and kitschy hostel. Ask the staff for suggestions on cool bars - they might even come with you :) Pro tip - Hiring bikes in Inverness is really expensive, so try to hire a car and get other people in on it, with 3 or more people it works out cheaper and you'll get to see more!

Cozy hostel on a hill by the castle in Inverness. Has got a real hippie vibe and a good kitchen / lounge to hang out and meet people. However, there were no lockers (take down this review if I remember incorrectly) and no self-service laundry.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel is in an excellent location. The hostel itself is clean and tidy and has adequate facilities. I was extremely dissapointed with the bed I was given though, (room 4/Ben Nevis), a top bunk with no ladder which I found quite dangerous and also found that I was inconveniencing other guests as I had to stand on their bunks to aid me on and off of mine.

Good location, maybe 5 minute walk from bus station. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff, good atmosphere. Cons: Not enough electrical outlets. No lockers in the room. Kitchen listed as "Closed daily for cleaning 00:00-7:00." So if your flight leaves early in the morning, you can't get into it to retrieve the food you bought for breakfast... and there's no stores open in Inverness before 7. I asked a staff member and was told they couldn't help me out there. Would stay again.

This was a great little hostel with a considerable hippie vibe. Downtown location was perfect, staff was very kind and they even offered free parking. The atmosphere was superb; they organized and decorated the place really nicely. From the hostel you even have a nice view over the city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3