Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

Well equiped kitchen, friendly staff, comfy beds, excellent value (2pounds) for breakfast. More toilets would be better.

Really enjoyed my stay, everything was great. Especially location. Perfect.

Cozy hostel on a hill by the castle in Inverness. Has got a real hippie vibe and a good kitchen / lounge to hang out and meet people. However, there were no lockers (take down this review if I remember incorrectly) and no self-service laundry.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel is in an excellent location. The hostel itself is clean and tidy and has adequate facilities. I was extremely dissapointed with the bed I was given though, (room 4/Ben Nevis), a top bunk with no ladder which I found quite dangerous and also found that I was inconveniencing other guests as I had to stand on their bunks to aid me on and off of mine.

Good location, maybe 5 minute walk from bus station. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff, good atmosphere. Cons: Not enough electrical outlets. No lockers in the room. Kitchen listed as "Closed daily for cleaning 00:00-7:00." So if your flight leaves early in the morning, you can't get into it to retrieve the food you bought for breakfast... and there's no stores open in Inverness before 7. I asked a staff member and was told they couldn't help me out there. Would stay again.

This was a great little hostel with a considerable hippie vibe. Downtown location was perfect, staff was very kind and they even offered free parking. The atmosphere was superb; they organized and decorated the place really nicely. From the hostel you even have a nice view over the city.

The kitchen is very complete! And although I havent used the chocolate/coffe facility I bet is very apreciated in the winter! I just would ask for a better compliance on cleaness ( I believe it is the carpet). it was a little stinky/smelly.

Please find a way to have electrical outlets next to each bed. This will make it better to not have my only device of communication out in the open with your one electrical outlet for 10 mixed beds. I felt that my device won't be near my view.

Had a great time there! Good facilites for self-catering, comfortable "living room", nice staff... I'd stay there again!

Nice Hostel, nice staff, nice location.

I've been in a lot of hostels, all different, but this one was the most friendly place I ever stayed. If you love and understand what the word hostel means you'll love living there. It got everything you need to spend great time in Inverness.

Perfect one-night stop on my way to the West Coast and really conveninent for the railway station, tourist information centre and town centre amenities. Right next to the castle and the start/end of the Great Glen Way. Staff very helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

• 1st May 2015

Rooms a bit small, can be cramped if full, there were just 3 plug sockets in the 6 bed room I stayed, helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere, hot showers, but beds on the top have no roll guards which scared me a bit, small kitchen but two fridges, superb overnight laundry service (although it wasn't folded like it said on the info sheet but was ok for me).

Good hostel for a stopover for a night but nothing special. Top bunk beds had no roll guard on them ... Didnt worry me but just a heads up if anyone rolls out of bed alot.

I had a wonderful time and the staff made the experience much better. The place is very comfortable and I felt very relaxed there. Overall, the place was kept in a clean state and it was at a reasonable price.

Such a great hostel! It has a real family vibe and it's full of great people! Perfect base for exploring beautiful Inverness and surrounds!

Nice hostel, excellent location, with a great view over the castle & the river Ness, 5min walk to centre. Comfy rooms, clean facilities, fun atmosphere.

• 6th Apr 2015

I would stay here again the next time I am in Inverness.

The hostel is really cozy; it feels almost like your own living room especially since the staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great.

Nice hostel. Very welcoming. Friendly staff.