Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

Had a great time at this hostel! Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, atmosphere is great. Felt like a home away from home. All in all, I'd strongly recommend to anyone!

• 30th Jan 2016

Inverness Student Hostel is a lovely hostel. There is definetly a great atmosphere here which is mainly caused by the staff, the guests and the great common room. The showers and rooms were warm, the rooms clean and the view was good!

This hostel was awesome! The comment about the place being like a massive share house is very accurate. It had such a social and friendly atmosphere. The location was really good, close to the Main Street and not too far from the bus/ train station.. The guys at the front desk were really helpful and friendly. Overall I had a really good stay, would definitely come back!!

Nice small hostel, the basque girl was great, some others not so much .good wifi, small showers, hostel a little cold at times. Overall good for a night.

This hostel is a very cozy and small hostel. The staff are very friendly and helpful - always willing to hang out with the guests. The hostel is in dire need of refreshing and repairs but otherwise our stay was very comfortable.

I stayed one night in the 10 mixed bedroom and it was a pleasant stay. Good beds, bathrooms and common room.

More like a big share house than a hostel. Really enjoyed my stay, you do need more than one night to enjoy the place, good facilities, good wifi in my dorm as well. Wouldn't go anywhere else in Inverness! 'The dart board has seen better days though'

I had a very nice time and appreciate it very much. The staff were very helpful, especially the young Belgian man with whom I interacted the most.

I stayed here for 5 night, got a really good feel for the hostel, staff were fantastic always had a smile and we're always happy to help. Washrooms and showers were great, I wish the rooms had lockers in them, but there was a safe down behind the desk you could keep your passport or any valuables in. The location couldn't have been any better, you were central to everything I would definitely re book here when I come back!

Really fun little place, great communal atmosphere, really good for meeting people. The rooms were a little cramped with beds and there could've been more/bigger bathrooms but otherwise great place to see not just Inverness but more of the highlands - a good central location. Staff was super helpful and the place is plastered with ideas and recommendations!

Great facilities with wifi signal strong lovely staff and very secure rooms. Bathrooms clean very well organised hostel. Definitely stay again,! Wish we had stayed longer

This was a decent hostel. Shower situation is limited & no where to set your stuff. Cleanliness was ok considering how old the building is I guess.

Had a really nice stay here, good access to tea and coffee, good kitchen facilities, very relaxed place.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice staff. Super clean. Nice people around. Nice atmosphere. Perfect hostel just like all of the "backpacker" company Hostels in Scotland. I can just recommend them!

It's an alright hostel. The cons are the terribly unconfortable beds, the way too tiny kitchen, the lack of power points and lockers in the rooms and the sometimes unprofessional staff. The pros are the confy atmosphere, the many spices in the kitchen, the helpfulness of some staff members&the location. It's probably your best bet in Inverness.

A lovely atmosphere with friendly staff. If I ever visit Inverness again, I'd stay here again.

There is still some hope for backpackers, travellers and friends from all around the world. Thanks for a great stay.

hostel!!! We went here after we left another horrible hostel on the high street of inverness very friendly staff, mice rooms, great atmosphere we really felt at home. I highly recommend this hostel as your first choice!

Very central to Inverness with good parking provided (which you will need if you have a car as parking is very tight in central Inverness). Hostel looks a little rundown as it is rather old but it is warm and has some good common areas. Kitchen is a bit small if more than a couple people are cooking. Staff was very nice and helpful. Shopping and pubs are in easy walking distance.

Inverness hostel is not far from the city. We can walk to everywhere in the town. The parking lot is fine. Staff is very nice and friendly. Overall is good.