Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

Lots of personality and the staff were helpful. Its a fairly small place and there were no lockers in the rooms but there was a nice view from the dorm!

Great location, helpful staff, excellent breakfast. A few more showers/bathrooms would be more convenient. Thanks!

Friendly staff, great atmosphere and comfy lounge. Kitchen even had spices and oil for cooking! Really enjoyed my stay. Bedding and linen is a bit old and thin, but clean.

Great help from Kayla the receptionist. Pass on my gratitude.

• 9th Jul 2015

Good Hostel! Would stay there again and recommend it! Had a nice time!

Well equiped kitchen, friendly staff, comfy beds, excellent value (2pounds) for breakfast. More toilets would be better.

Really enjoyed my stay, everything was great. Especially location. Perfect.

Great staff, cool vibe, fun and kitschy hostel. Ask the staff for suggestions on cool bars - they might even come with you :) Pro tip - Hiring bikes in Inverness is really expensive, so try to hire a car and get other people in on it, with 3 or more people it works out cheaper and you'll get to see more!

Cozy hostel on a hill by the castle in Inverness. Has got a real hippie vibe and a good kitchen / lounge to hang out and meet people. However, there were no lockers (take down this review if I remember incorrectly) and no self-service laundry.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel is in an excellent location. The hostel itself is clean and tidy and has adequate facilities. I was extremely dissapointed with the bed I was given though, (room 4/Ben Nevis), a top bunk with no ladder which I found quite dangerous and also found that I was inconveniencing other guests as I had to stand on their bunks to aid me on and off of mine.

Good location, maybe 5 minute walk from bus station. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff, good atmosphere. Cons: Not enough electrical outlets. No lockers in the room. Kitchen listed as "Closed daily for cleaning 00:00-7:00." So if your flight leaves early in the morning, you can't get into it to retrieve the food you bought for breakfast... and there's no stores open in Inverness before 7. I asked a staff member and was told they couldn't help me out there. Would stay again.

This was a great little hostel with a considerable hippie vibe. Downtown location was perfect, staff was very kind and they even offered free parking. The atmosphere was superb; they organized and decorated the place really nicely. From the hostel you even have a nice view over the city.

The kitchen is very complete! And although I havent used the chocolate/coffe facility I bet is very apreciated in the winter! I just would ask for a better compliance on cleaness ( I believe it is the carpet). it was a little stinky/smelly.

Please find a way to have electrical outlets next to each bed. This will make it better to not have my only device of communication out in the open with your one electrical outlet for 10 mixed beds. I felt that my device won't be near my view.

Had a great time there! Good facilites for self-catering, comfortable "living room", nice staff... I'd stay there again!

Nice Hostel, nice staff, nice location.

I've been in a lot of hostels, all different, but this one was the most friendly place I ever stayed. If you love and understand what the word hostel means you'll love living there. It got everything you need to spend great time in Inverness.

Perfect one-night stop on my way to the West Coast and really conveninent for the railway station, tourist information centre and town centre amenities. Right next to the castle and the start/end of the Great Glen Way. Staff very helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

• 1st May 2015

Love this Hostel - would definitely come back.

Rooms a bit small, can be cramped if full, there were just 3 plug sockets in the 6 bed room I stayed, helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere, hot showers, but beds on the top have no roll guards which scared me a bit, small kitchen but two fridges, superb overnight laundry service (although it wasn't folded like it said on the info sheet but was ok for me).