Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

Rooms a bit small, can be cramped if full, there were just 3 plug sockets in the 6 bed room I stayed, helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere, hot showers, but beds on the top have no roll guards which scared me a bit, small kitchen but two fridges, superb overnight laundry service (although it wasn't folded like it said on the info sheet but was ok for me).

Good hostel for a stopover for a night but nothing special. Top bunk beds had no roll guard on them ... Didnt worry me but just a heads up if anyone rolls out of bed alot.

• 14th Apr 2015

Such a great hostel! It has a real family vibe and it's full of great people! Perfect base for exploring beautiful Inverness and surrounds!

Nice hostel, excellent location, with a great view over the castle & the river Ness, 5min walk to centre. Comfy rooms, clean facilities, fun atmosphere.

• 6th Apr 2015

I would stay here again the next time I am in Inverness.

The hostel is really cozy; it feels almost like your own living room especially since the staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great.

No individual lockers and anyone can entre or exit the storage room freely... that's a little bit worrying but no one would leave their valuables there anyway so just saying it. Other things are perfect, the staff members were super sweet and helpful.

Great little hostel- super cozy and only about a 10 minute walk from the bus/train station. Amazing friendly staff and free coffee/tea/hot chocolate alllll day :) Dorms don't have lockers, which is why I took a bit off for security, but otherwise the hostel is amazing. Lovely hot showers to warm up :) Stay here!

I love it !!!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Japan

Upon check in the receptionist had salad stucked in her teeth which made the moment quite akward.. Also, I fel asleep in room 1 but woke up in room 3, I did pay for a bed, not for a teleportation ride! Everything else was fine, they'sve got scones for the breakfast!

Had a lovely time in this comfy hostel! It's a traditionall backpacker hostel with family-atmosphere. Would recommend it to any of my friends (though you have to be a hostel-type of traveller)

• 14th Mar 2015

We had a fantastic experience at this hotel! My friend and I felt very safe, and the staff was very helpful with whatever we needed. I highly recommend it!

• 7th Mar 2015

The facilities were not very clean, especially the bathrooms. Overall it didn't seem like it was kept in great shape. There were no lockers available, the "security" of checking cards at the doors was nonexistent. Wifi was constantly going in and out. We did have a situation with a roommate in which we felt uncomfortable and asked to change rooms, the staff was helpful and put us in an all female without charging us extra which was nice. They did offer a lot of tips for what to do around town.

Really friendly hostel. Common area was spacious. Had heaps of tourist info up on walls etc. Kitchen small but still managed to cook full meals both nights. Over night laundry service is inconvenient if traveling light as ur without ur clothes for a while but it was cheap. The only thing I didn't like was the Australian staff member who kept bad mouthing Australians. Which is funny cos in the process she was being the perfect example of what she was complaining about, an obnoxious Aussie.

Really nice, clean and cosy hostel with lovely staff!! Amazing showers too :) the only bad thing I have to say is that the mattresses were quite thin and some beds could probably do with new ones!!

Good hostel located close to the best bits of inverness however the free parking is a bit of a joke ! would stay again if i was to return.

Had an amazing time here, the vibe is awesome and can meet loads of new people :)

Staff are super friendly. Only thing that caught me out was having to be back for the curfew. Decent beds and showers. Cosy fireplace. Good wifi. Would stay again.

Really good Place, ideal to lonly travelers willing to meet people and have a good night of sleep. The staff is really friendly And helpful. :0)

I don't usually comment, but this hostel made me absolutely happy. It had a great view of the river bank and cathedral, a cheery lobby that had free hot chocolate and music, and its toilets, showers and beds were clean, not to mention plugs and wifi in the actual rooms. Only caveat is that the doors etc are a bit oldish, and the ceiling can creak a bit when people walk too loud.

• 16th Dec 2014