Inverness Student Hostel Reviews

8 Culduthel Road, IV2 4AB, Inverness, Scotland

Upon check in the receptionist had salad stucked in her teeth which made the moment quite akward.. Also, I fel asleep in room 1 but woke up in room 3, I did pay for a bed, not for a teleportation ride! Everything else was fine, they'sve got scones for the breakfast!

Had a lovely time in this comfy hostel! It's a traditionall backpacker hostel with family-atmosphere. Would recommend it to any of my friends (though you have to be a hostel-type of traveller)

• 14th Mar 2015

We had a fantastic experience at this hotel! My friend and I felt very safe, and the staff was very helpful with whatever we needed. I highly recommend it!

• 7th Mar 2015

The facilities were not very clean, especially the bathrooms. Overall it didn't seem like it was kept in great shape. There were no lockers available, the "security" of checking cards at the doors was nonexistent. Wifi was constantly going in and out. We did have a situation with a roommate in which we felt uncomfortable and asked to change rooms, the staff was helpful and put us in an all female without charging us extra which was nice. They did offer a lot of tips for what to do around town.

Really friendly hostel. Common area was spacious. Had heaps of tourist info up on walls etc. Kitchen small but still managed to cook full meals both nights. Over night laundry service is inconvenient if traveling light as ur without ur clothes for a while but it was cheap. The only thing I didn't like was the Australian staff member who kept bad mouthing Australians. Which is funny cos in the process she was being the perfect example of what she was complaining about, an obnoxious Aussie.

Really nice, clean and cosy hostel with lovely staff!! Amazing showers too :) the only bad thing I have to say is that the mattresses were quite thin and some beds could probably do with new ones!!

Good hostel located close to the best bits of inverness however the free parking is a bit of a joke ! would stay again if i was to return.

Had an amazing time here, the vibe is awesome and can meet loads of new people :)

Staff are super friendly. Only thing that caught me out was having to be back for the curfew. Decent beds and showers. Cosy fireplace. Good wifi. Would stay again.

Really good Place, ideal to lonly travelers willing to meet people and have a good night of sleep. The staff is really friendly And helpful. :0)

I don't usually comment, but this hostel made me absolutely happy. It had a great view of the river bank and cathedral, a cheery lobby that had free hot chocolate and music, and its toilets, showers and beds were clean, not to mention plugs and wifi in the actual rooms. Only caveat is that the doors etc are a bit oldish, and the ceiling can creak a bit when people walk too loud.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • China

It was so homey and by far one of the best hostels that I've stayed at to date. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• 5th Dec 2014

There are students actually living in the hostel, so there are not much space in the rooms and they can be very messy and smelly. But has good location, showers and kitchen.

Very homely and welcoming.

• 30th Nov 2014

They should try to fix their WiFi (wasn't working while I was there).

The staff were friendly and helpful as they could be. The atmosphere was quite homey and full of people from different countries. It would have made me feel better to have been able to keep my things in a private locker, even if I had to bring my own lock.

a lovely friendly and helpful atmosphere. Super staff.