Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

Bathrooms were disgusting. Bedrooms were small dirty and not very well ventilated. Not a very pleasant night.

The staff is only nice to a certain people. I don't know why but we didn't feel welcomed. The rooms have locks with keys but the other guests weren't able to lock the door, so it wasn't safe at all. We had lockers in the room which were to small to put our bags inside. The hostel just had a few showers (two on our floor) for a lot of guests and there was no sink inside our room (just at the small toilets which were just three at our floor). It was't really cleaned and disgusting.

I really enjoyed my stay here! Made lots of friends in the common room, the place was relatively clean, only about a minute walk to the main streets of Inverness.

• 30th Apr 2015

- additional cost for card payment

this is the second time ive stayed here the staff are so very helpfull and enjoyed my stay i would use it again keep up yhe good work regards william

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Was fine for the money. Bed, access to kitchen and lounge, wifi, hot water right next to the station. exactly as a hostel should be.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Scotland

The room was small with only two outlets. The window would not shut, but reception was closed, so we slept with it open and it was quite cold. Apparently there's a trick to Scottish windows, but as a Canadian I wasn't aware of this.

The hostel is very well located and the kitchen is really nice. We can recommend the hostel.

For being honest I would IT stay there again. Ok, it was indeed cheap, but IT was so loud due to some noisy doors and the setting of the hostel that i didn't get a lot of sleep. Additionally, the beds were so shaky that I feared they would fall when I tried to climb upstairs. I totally would not recommend it.

• 16th Apr 2015

I was told at reception that no key was avail. Could not go out for food or nothing, treasted badly

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I met some wonderful people here! Great location, especially as a base to see the Highlands, cozy, homey atmosphere, secure, clean, good facilities, clean. Best part was Andy and his tour of Skye island! Must be the highlight of my trip! Breathtaking place with an excellent, kind and generous guide - who coul ask for more?!

Really good facility there. Great location just a jump from downtown and a few steps from the bus and train station. Only negative is that they seem to have a bit of a mold/mildew problem.

• 13th Apr 2015

It was alright.

• 11th Apr 2015

Ok place, room was too hot though - had to have window open at night in Scotland in April. Staff helpful.

Everything was great, except for the bedrooms (which is kind of the most important thing when it comes to accommodations). The sheets were scratchy, the duvet was not breathable, and the rooms were very stuffy. The showers and toilets were perfectly adequate, and the common room and kitchen were splendid!

• 8th Apr 2015

We took a late night bus to Inverness. The hostel was literally 1 min from the coach station. We just keyed in the security code, picked up our keys from the reception and off to bed. The room didnt disappoint either. Clean and spacious room with plenty plug points for charging. The next morning we made breakfast at the kitchen which was well stocked, clean and lively . The lounge was perfect and fully equipped for a lazy night in the hostel. I would love to go there again.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • India

Thank you for your fantastic review. You will be very welcome, any time you're in Inverness!

they need to add breatfash for backpakers!!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Great spot good staff just getting a bit tatty and bathrooms needing a good scrub.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. We are going to do up the bathrooms next week, hopefully the effect will be satisfying!

Inverness was a great place to visit and the people working at the hostel were really lovely. I was surprised that there were people of all ages- including young children at the hostel. The showers were sort of dirty, but it was more that they need some updating and painting oppose to being acutally dirty. The hostel was nice and I would likely return.

We (4 girls) stayed in the hostel for two nights. The location is great (around the corner from shops, supermarkets, coach and train station) and the staff is very welcoming and helpful (Andy, you're a star!). The bedrooms are alright and clean, they could just be a little more spacios. Please check for your showers as they could need a touch-up (especially the ones on the 1st floor). The kitchen is great - well equipped and loads of place to store your goods. Would stay again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4