Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

2086 Total Reviews

Fantastic place to stay. Great value for money

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

First hostel experience for me, and it was absolutely wonderful. Showed up starving late at night, and a group invited me to join them in a home-made dinner. Owners were exceedingly friendly; one ate with us, the other played piano while we sang terribly. Lockers are pretty tiny, that's the only complaint I have.

• 25th Sep 2014

Had a great stay here. Very friendly staff, great hostel vibe. Convenient location right next to the bus stop, a block from the train station and just a few blocks from town center. Good clean kitchen, could use a few more dishes such as cups and silverware. For such a large hostel it would be nice to have a few more bathrooms, it seemed the toilets were always full, but other than that great stay

The parking near the hostel is actually private parking that are confusing because there are no sign that allow for parking more that 24 hours.

I stayed 5 days in this hostel. The location near the bus/coach station is excellent, safe place to stay. HOWEVER, downside is that 3 showers out of 4 available were working at the time of my stay causing queues in the morning, the fan of 1 shower upstairs was terribly noisy.Toilets have tiny sink. Kitchen fully equipped. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good place to meet people. HOSTEL OWNER MUST RENOVATE BATHROOM/TOILET AREA & PROVIDE FEMALE DORMS.

Fine hostel in a great location of Inverness. Not nearly enough showers or toilets for the rooms. I was in room 8 which was extremely noisey due to the fans coming on and off all night in the shower/toilets which was next to our room. Also bad layout in room which made entering and exiting a pain.

nice and close to the bus and train station. very nice common area and facilities. room was very small, if had to be with strangers and not my friends like I was, I wouldn't have liked it.

Very good accomodation with lot of facilities and very helpful staff

One word. Brill

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

The staff was realy nice and friendly.

The hostel is good. It is worth the prices you get. Some rooms are nevertheless a bit small for the number of people, who sleep there. The kitchen and living room are very nice. No computer with internet is provided, but there is wi-fi connection. The toilets and common spaces are cleaned frequently. Very good location 2 mins. from the Bus station and 5 mins from te train station.

Awesome place to stay, really loved the way the staff behaved.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • India

The staff are quite kind!!!

Alas, we only stayed for two days in Inverness, but we had a great time there. Very warm and friendly staff, a piano in the common room (big up) and two staffmembers singing Pink songs at random times througout the day. It can be a lot worse. Rooms are fine, showers are clean and the overall atmosphere somehow makes you feel at home. Value for money. I'd defo recommend this hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Excellent staff very helpfull. Atmosphere poor and living room depressive.

• 8th Sep 2014

Showers not clean

I had a lovely stay at this hostel and highly recommend it. It has a contagious warm spirit with staff that made leaving almost as difficult as leaving home. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the location is ideal for people using all forms of transport. There is a warm ambiance to visiting this place, if you're lucky you might get Alasdair to play you a song or two! The only negative experience I had was some trouble with an outdated booking system but it was all sorted in the end.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Friendly helpful staff, good central location. Clean and well maintained. Only point I would make is could probably do with a few more WC's to avoid the queue in the morning. Would recommend and if I am passing through Inverness again will stay at the hostel again

• 4th Sep 2014

Lowest price I could find and nothing wrong!

Nicest staff of any hostel I've been at

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7