Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

Great staff, and fun people!

I stayed two nights in total, on my way to the mountains and then back to the airport. The staff were great, very helpful and even though I was much older than the average backpacking guest I felt comfortable there. Hope to see you again. Steve Lucas

• 12th May 2015

The toilets were not very clean and the chairs in the lounge could do with a replacement (the sitting of some chairs was half missing). Plenty of sockets for charging phones in the lounge. Did not use the kitchen, but it looked good and clean. Beds were quite comfortable. The staff was friendly, but wrote down a wrong security code for access to the building. I just rang the doorbell instead because the reception was not closed yet, so it was no problem and I got the correct one then.

Great place to stay and meet people! There was even free food provided! Thank you!

Perfectly located, nice and clean, just great place stay.

plus: free milk (awesome!), super great location (less than a min from the bus station, and 10-15 mins from the river), staff was great and very knowledgeable about the area and recommending things to do/places to eat cons: the lockers in the rooms didn't work; but, I was told they will be getting fixed

I enjoyed my stay at Inverness Tourist Hostel. Staff was real nice and accomodating. It's located literally 50 yards from the bus station, which is really convenient. My only complaint is, the kitchen is closed from 10 pm to 8 am, so if you have an early bus, train, or flight, you can't get in there to get your food and make breakfast or whatever.

This hostel was fine - ok value for money, bathroom situation is a bit weird but it's in a great location and pretty good facilities.

Bathrooms were disgusting. Bedrooms were small dirty and not very well ventilated. Not a very pleasant night.

Hi, We're under new management since you left and are trying hard to improve our cleanliness. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that if you come back to Inverness you will see a huge improvement!

The staff is only nice to a certain people. I don't know why but we didn't feel welcomed. The rooms have locks with keys but the other guests weren't able to lock the door, so it wasn't safe at all. We had lockers in the room which were to small to put our bags inside. The hostel just had a few showers (two on our floor) for a lot of guests and there was no sink inside our room (just at the small toilets which were just three at our floor). It was't really cleaned and disgusting.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are now under new management and will be looking to provide all customers with clean rooms and a smile!

I really enjoyed my stay here! Made lots of friends in the common room, the place was relatively clean, only about a minute walk to the main streets of Inverness.

• 30th Apr 2015

Rooms were a good size for the number of beds in them. The staff were friendly and helpful and WiFi worked well. Great location right next to Icelands and the bus station. Common room and kitchen were well equipped, however both a little small sometimes for the number of people. Had a fairly large group (maybe six people) stay in my room the last two nights and they were inconsiderate of everyone else (came in at 3am thumping and laughing). Other than that it was a great stay

- additional cost for card payment

this is the second time ive stayed here the staff are so very helpfull and enjoyed my stay i would use it again keep up yhe good work regards william

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Was fine for the money. Bed, access to kitchen and lounge, wifi, hot water right next to the station. exactly as a hostel should be.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Scotland

The room was small with only two outlets. The window would not shut, but reception was closed, so we slept with it open and it was quite cold. Apparently there's a trick to Scottish windows, but as a Canadian I wasn't aware of this.

The hostel is very well located and the kitchen is really nice. We can recommend the hostel.

For being honest I would IT stay there again. Ok, it was indeed cheap, but IT was so loud due to some noisy doors and the setting of the hostel that i didn't get a lot of sleep. Additionally, the beds were so shaky that I feared they would fall when I tried to climb upstairs. I totally would not recommend it.

• 16th Apr 2015

I was told at reception that no key was avail. Could not go out for food or nothing, treasted badly

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I met some wonderful people here! Great location, especially as a base to see the Highlands, cozy, homey atmosphere, secure, clean, good facilities, clean. Best part was Andy and his tour of Skye island! Must be the highlight of my trip! Breathtaking place with an excellent, kind and generous guide - who coul ask for more?!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4