Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

I would not recommend this hostel because I didn't like the behaviour of the personnel who work there. I think they are quite unpolite. For example, they were working or playing with their laptop in the kitchen/dining room, and the re were people waiting there to sit and eat. One of the gorls who works there also was barefoot while she was int he kitchen, I think that's disrespecful. I also didn't like people laying on the sofa barefoot and nobody tells them to leave place for others.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Spain

We loved this hostel. Andy is the best (I think that's his name) and he'd hang out and chat during the day which was nice. Showers and toilets were decent although there weren't a ton of them. There was no toaster our first day which sucked but then the next day we went in and a toaster had materialized! Also, it's less than a minute from the bus station which is super nice.

the oven in the kitchen looked like it hadnt been cleaned in a while, aside from that no issues. conveniently located close to buses, main strip etc. hopefully be back in a month or two after meeting great staff and travelers.

I had a great time staying at the hostel and felt the staff created an incredibly friendly open environment! It was very easy to meet new people and strike up conversation.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Definitely my least favorite hostel in Scotland. We didn't get the room we paid for, were denied keys to the room, storage lockers were not available. Some of the staff made extremely unprofessional (and creepy) comments. I would not choose to stay here again.

The location of the hostel is great, atmosphere cosy and people in our mixed dorm were quite considerate (quiet after 11pm) so we got some sleep.The guy at the reception was kind but seemed like he had too much on his plate and not enough time to properly tend to all of the hostel´s customers. Lockers didn´t seem to work. Wondering about the heating being on since it was terribly warm, esp. in the night. Had concerns about cleanliness but it was just about OK. All in all worth the money.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

It did the job, we honestly did not spend that much time hanging out at the hostel. It was close to everything in the area, so it was great place to crash after a night out. So location was good and they had a decent common room and they were cool to let us hang out and leave our bags while we waited for our train to leave. The only thing that sucked was they changed my reservations, I was suppose to have a room with just my 6 friends and they ended up splitting us up 2 and 4 in different rooms.

Stayed at room 2. There was mould EVERYWHERE, extremely unhealthy! The floor was dirty and wasn't cleaned (it rained on arrivel, so the footprints from our boots were quite good to see) despite a sign saying rooms are cleaned daily. The receptionist on arrival was playing her music loudly during check-in, showers were okay, but the ventilator wasn't cleaned in ages. During our stay staff aked us if the beds in our room not used by us were free, very unprofessional. Worst hostel I ever stayed at.

Really convenient since it's close to bus and train station.. The staff was nice. Bathroom and toilet were ok Room cleaness should be improved. The bed is a bit shaky when you turn

Facilities would have been higher but there is a lack of cutlery, cups and glasses, plates etc. some but not enough. The Staff are very friendly, and work hard.

Solid place to stay. No complaints.

Bathroom was dirty. Window would not close. The building is not soundproof at all and all of the doors slam. If you have a big bag there is no secure storage in the room

• 15th Aug 2015

Good location and it was cheap. However, showers and toilets left a lot to be desired. Some staff were not pleasant.

This hostel was disgusting and I would not recommend to anyone. The bedrooms stink and the bedding was musty and stained. The sheets did not fit properly which meant they came off of the mattress to reveal a filthy stained mattress. The smell in the room was so bad that we bought an air freshener to try and improve it. If there had been other accommodation available in the area I would have asked for my money back and left straight after I arrived.

Hi, If you could contact us about which room it as you stayed in please let us know as when we clean the rooms each morning we aren't getting the same problem. Thanks.

It wasn't the tidiest one I have been to so far. But the location was perfect. it was only 5min from the train station, 2 minutes to the River Ness and 5min to the next tesco on the other river side. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. :) there is a kitchen you can use and a nice little living room. There weren't enough toilet and shower facilities so you had to wait sometimes. There was a bit of mold in some of the bathrooms as well. But otherwise Pretty good.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Staff was super helpful and the hostel was so close to the bus and train station. Amenities and a tv with ps3 were awesome for group hang outs.

Stayed here for two nights and really enjoy my stay. Hostel is right across from the central bus station, an easy walk into town and has plenty of info on what to do in and around Inverness. Common room has piano and guitar for all those musically inclined travellers, and the kitchen has plenty of storage space to store your goodies. Staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms were scabious and comfortable.

Totally unfriendly employees. Not really clean. 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets for some 80 persons... I really won't recommend to stay there!!

Our staff get generally favourable reviews so I'm sorry you didn't experience that. However, we have 5 bathrooms for a lot less than 80 people.

Payed for a 6 bed dorm but got a 10 bed dorm. Can't use kitchen before 8 am. Bathrooms were very unclean.

• 12th Aug 2015

We booked two beds in a 4 bedroom dorm but were told that we would have to stay in seperate rooms. They were so kind to let us stay in the Staff room so we wouldn't have to split up which was very nice of them!

• 12th Aug 2015