Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

I never stay anywhere else in Inverness

Kitchen cupboard fronts are beginning to fall off.

Amazing staff!! Great social atmosphere. I can't recommend the Inverness tourist hostel enough. Had a amazing stay!!

• 11th Jan 2016

A good hostel is generally made up of great staff and good common areas and this place has both. I loved it and would definitely stay here again or recommend to any body else.

First time staying in a hostel, I had an amazing time and met brilliant people who I plan to keep in touch with. The hostel staff were very friendly and I didn't have any problems, I may be coming back to Inverness and if I do, I'll definitely be staying here. Thank you!

• 7th Jan 2016

Bad beds (they gnashed the whole night). Even the hostel have 5 bathrooms, just 2 were working when I was there. And one shower was broken so was very complicated have a shower. Looks that nobody maintains the building.

• 5th Jan 2016

Positive: The staff was very friendly and helpful. localization is also good. Negative: We where in 4 people, our room was very dirty with items from previous guests, most of the bathroom on our floor was broken and out of use. Beds make annoying noise when you move. Not a very good experience.

Functional Place. Excellent value for money. Far too many beds per room.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • India

The hostel was a great place to stay a had a fantastic time the safe where great

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Average score since arrive 2330, left 0615 so didn't see. web needs to tell guests kitchen open 0800-2200, reception shut 2300 so no access unless guest has key code. I'd rather spend £15 at Bazpackers than £10 here.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Scotland

It really felt like a community. Since I spent the hidays here away from home I felt very welcome by the staff, special shoutout to Beth and good luck with the coloring book club!

• 22nd Dec 2015

The hostel is located very close to the train/bus stations. Bars, restaurants and grocery stores are all within 5 minutes walk. The kitchen is fully stocked (refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave) with free tea/coffee all day long. The WiFi is only available in the kitchen and common room. There are not many toilets and showers, especially when Nessie has broken a couple. But in low season it wasn't an issue.

Lovely atmosphere the staff were very accommodating. Hostel is a bit run down though but would still stay there again.

Difficult to find but amazing hostel for travellers.

Not entirely a huge fan of this hostel. Of all the hostels I've stayed in, this is the least comfortable one - sleep wise. The beds were not comfy at all, and I can usually sleep anywhere so long as I'm lying down. And they squeakeeven if you tried to move your head. The bathrooms had peeling paint and a bit of mold along the walls but the shower was clean and had hot water at least. The couches in the lounge also squeak. This is a safe and secure location though, no worries on that end. And th

Everything was for 100 %, so I cannot say nothing more

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Poland

The hostel is in a great location as I arrived by train. The bus station is even closer. Great value for the money I paid, but the hostel is a little run down. It is reasonably clean but quite a few handles on doors / lockers were broken. Soap dispensers not working either. It just needs a little maintenance that's all. My bed was very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. I will continue to stay here, hopefully next time the problems I have highlighted will be sorted.

Well located hostel with really friendly staff and good kitchen facilities. Downside was the 6 bed dorm I stayed in was really cramped and the shower was not very hot or powerful.

We had a very small room for 4 persons, but as we all knew each other we had no problem. The tips of the receptionist were great, we felt very welcome and the hostel is quite nice in total. The only thing is thar there is no real bathroom, only seperate showers and toilets with very small washbasins (to wash your face, brush your teeth etc.). In total we can definitely recommend this hostel.

This place was so great! I really loved staying here and it was such a relaxing environment. Facilities were good, probably the best kitchen in a hostel we've come across so far. Atmosphere was actually really good since everyone cooked and came down to the common room. Staff were really friendly and really passionate about Inverness and the highlands. Don't really understand the bad reviews of this place. I guess a bit untidy but it wouldn't take much for this place to be an amazing hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6