Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

The hostel is in a great location as I arrived by train. The bus station is even closer. Great value for the money I paid, but the hostel is a little run down. It is reasonably clean but quite a few handles on doors / lockers were broken. Soap dispensers not working either. It just needs a little maintenance that's all. My bed was very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. I will continue to stay here, hopefully next time the problems I have highlighted will be sorted.

Well located hostel with really friendly staff and good kitchen facilities. Downside was the 6 bed dorm I stayed in was really cramped and the shower was not very hot or powerful.

We had a very small room for 4 persons, but as we all knew each other we had no problem. The tips of the receptionist were great, we felt very welcome and the hostel is quite nice in total. The only thing is thar there is no real bathroom, only seperate showers and toilets with very small washbasins (to wash your face, brush your teeth etc.). In total we can definitely recommend this hostel.

This place was so great! I really loved staying here and it was such a relaxing environment. Facilities were good, probably the best kitchen in a hostel we've come across so far. Atmosphere was actually really good since everyone cooked and came down to the common room. Staff were really friendly and really passionate about Inverness and the highlands. Don't really understand the bad reviews of this place. I guess a bit untidy but it wouldn't take much for this place to be an amazing hostel.

Best place to stay in Inverness!

Common room is very small, but overall pretty good.

Lockers in the room were not able to lock. On the website it sad lockers come standard in each room and since the lockers were broken and I couldn't use the lock I brought with me to secure my belongings.

Very cool hostel with friendly staff, comfortable rooms and a good place to cook. One minute walk from the bus/train station. It's a bit sad that there is not more place to sit in the kitchen to eat after cooking.

Best place to stay in Inverness!! The staff are amazing and I like the fact that the hostel isn't massive. It's big enough, and you have room to move around but it's small enough that you feel like you get to know everyone. It's an old building and some of the doors squeak and creak but the lounge room and the kitchen are great! For the price you can't beat this place. Great location, great people, great city.

Had a great time in Inverness the staff went out of their way with helping in directions & recommending things to do i hadnt thought of! Also providing information pamphlets & a town map! Very clean & kept warm, met some other travellers and enjoyed nights out with advice on were to go from the staff!

A really nice place to stay. Great location, great staff and I loved the kitchen. The showers were difficult to use though, with broken fixtures etc.

Stay was good. Nice location. Lockers didn't work.

Ana was super helpful. Hostel put on a few events for the guests and it was quite fun.

• 26th Oct 2015

The staff were very nice although not overly helpful when asking about questions pertaining to travel beyond Inverness. Rooms were clean and nice but quite small so not much space for 4 of us let alone our bags. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay!

Staff friendly Nice and warm

We had a short stay. The hostel has everything you need with a nice large kitchen and a place to unwind. Was very busy though. Bathrooms could do with a small renovation. Other than that it was a good stay.

The hostel is OK. The mattresses and sheets should be renewed in my opinion. The other facilities are clean and nice

Really good crew and reasonable price!

Not close to enough toilets and showers. Bedding was ancient.

Inverness Tourist Hostel was one of the best hostels we stayed in during our trip. The staff was really nice and we felt so welcome there. We enjoyed the Pyjama-Party, took part of the film-night and helped decorating the lounge for Halloween. The kitchen was always tidy and clean and so were the bathrooms. We can warmly recommend to stay in the hostel when visiting Inverness!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7