Inverness Tourist Hostel

7.8
Very Good 2944 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
25th Mar 2017

We loved it here! I stayed at the hostel this weekend as one of a group of 4. We slept in a 10-bed shared dorm for 2 nights, and it was a very pleasant stay. Rates were reasonable; staff were extremely kind and helpful. It really feels like staying at a friend's house, with the large, well-appointed kitchen adding to the homey atmosphere. The lounge was a nice quiet space for hanging out, and beds/bedding were quite clean and decently comfy. We felt safe and had a great time! Highly recommended.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
21st Mar 2017
4.6

Definitely one to miss - there are MUCH nicer hostels in Inverness. I survived 1 night but couldn't face a 2nd. No refund, staff didn't care & directed me to "Head Office" (but gave no details about how to contact). Freezing, thin (smelly) duvet, other guests appeared to be living there. So much stuff on floor I had to keep my bag on my bed. Bathroom mouldy & cold, toilet seat falling off. Water cuts out when it gets hot & staff said it was normal. Don't stay here.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017
5.7

Someone took a picture/video of me in the shower. Ruined my entire trip, and I spent the whole day crying. The doors to the shower can be easily unlocked and might as well not even be there. The staff were great about it all when I told them but it shouldn't have happened to begin with, they aren't creating a safe place through using locks that can unlock from outside the door. There wasn't security cameras. I would not recommend females to go here. Completely unsafe.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry about the circumstances and within the 20 years of the hostel being open this is the first time anything like this has happened. The locks used are very common in hostels in the UK and worldwide and have multiple reviews stating they are very secure. However, I understand it only takes one occasion for this to be a problem and we will be taking steps to ensure that new locks are put on the bathrooms and dorms and cameras will be placed in the hall monitoring the entrance to the bathrooms. I can assure you that the owners realise the severity of the situation and this will be done as soon as possible to ensure the safety of all our guests. Again, I appreciate your feedback and apologise for the situation. Kind regards, Dylan Weldon Office Manager

15th Feb 2017

Stay here whenever I visit inverness. Friendly helpful staff, clean and comfortable, excellent location in the centre and very good value for money.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

Decent hostel, had a comfortable stay.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

really good kitchen and lounge. loads of movies and games with a playstation. friendly staff. rooms were okay, basic but tidy.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Jan 2017

Wonderful little hostel, the staff were amazing, showed us around town and really created a good atmosphere. We intended to stay a night and we liked it so much we ended up spending the whole week! Kitchen was perfect, very spacious, we were able to cook every night, plus there's a shop just across the road. Wifi was really good. Great location, plus the bus station is right next door, for trips to Aviemore and Loch Ness etc. Overall a lovely stay and well worth it. Thanks guys!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
7th Dec 2016

I had a great experience here! What really made the Inverness Tourist Hostel for me, though, was the hospitality. When we arrived Chris was manning the reception. I got to chatting with him and talked about how we couldn't sleep in the previous hostel because two girls in other bunks wouldn't stop talking all night. Chris immediately moved us to an empty room - free of charge - so we could sleep undisturbed. Chris and the other workers were super nice and helpful and it made me feel at home.

• Singapore, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016
6.6

Good: - Friendly and helpful staff - Location is near many supermarkets Bad: - Very few toilets and showers available - the water pressure from the shower head is low - slower showers

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
1st Dec 2016

Wonderful staff, very remote location and near to all the travelling options.. Keep up the good work guys Grant, Chris and the little girl 👍