Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

I loved staying here! All the staff and the other hostel goers were really nice and really added to the experience.

Thank you! Your words are like honey:) We are really glad that you enjoyed staying with us, we did, too!

The livingroom and the kitchen are great. However, there are not enough showers, loos and sinks compared to the number of people.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your review! Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about the number of bathrooms and showers... Still, we do our best to keep the place as clean and comfortable as possible.

Very well placed for bus/railway stations and town centre. friendly staff

This is a friendly place located ideally smack bang beside the bus station and a few minutes' walk from the train station and town centre. However, compared to other places around the UK, the hostel is quite expensive for what it is. The free wifi is difficult to connect to, even in the common areas, and the kitchen is tiny - creating a bit of a rush hour at dinner time.

Thank you for your review, yes, we are friendly! :) We had some problems with wi-fi, now it's working fine.

The showers were icky... Take baby wipes or something. The door to our room (5) was exceptionally loud.... And not overly pleasant when you have guys trooping in at 4 in the morning. The beds were comfortable though!

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you didn't find it fully satisfying, we do our best to keep the place cosy, clean and comfortable for our guests

I really enjoyed my stay here. I would definitely come back! The staff were amazing, the tours they give are awesome, and the location is fantastic! Wifi doesn't work in the bedrooms and the beds weren't cleaned properly but that honestly didn't bother me. I would recommend and return.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your review! We had some problems with wi-fi, now it's working well:) We always do our best to keep the whole place clean, sorry you didn't find it satisfying!

Brilliant staff who go out of their way to make their guests feel comfortable and the location is ideal. The hostel is opposite the both the train station and Iceland, it's also right next to the high street. The staff run regular trips to Loch Ness and Skye. A great place to stay as well as the cheapest, I have no problem recommending this hostel to others.

• 3rd Mar 2015

This was a nice hostel with an incredible price. Medium size lockers (bring your own lock), comfortable beds, clean sheets, luggage storeage (employees keep key), kitchen not large but good enough and good has everything from multiple fridges sinks ovens etc., staff was quite welcoming, comfortable common room with big screen and excellent location (in the same square as bis station)...

Thanks a lot for your review! We are glad and proud knowing that we provide 100% satisfaction:)

Great stay, great staff and nice people living there! The city was really nice, thanks to the advices of the friendly staff!

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here:)

Very friendly helpful staff

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Scotland

:) thank you :)

Staff were cooperative and very helpful. Having reception open all day is a great bonus for guests arriving early, around mid day as I did, allowing access to kitchen for a cup of tea on arrival.

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you appreciate our work:)

Had a great time when I stayed here. Everyone I encountered was great- from the guests on up. The staff was entirely sweet and generous and friendly. Maybe the kitchen area and lounge are a bit on the small side... but they've got a great cozy feel and I made a few friends because of it. The building isn't super huge which is a dream for wifi. Location was great and accessible but still nice and quiet. Atmosphere and people were so great it was almost hard to leave.

• 15th Feb 2015

thank you for your wonderful review! we'll keep it that way:)

I like this hostel.Near to bus station.Hostel is clean &quite.

Thank a lot for your good review!

Availability of seating in the kitchen was inadequate for the number of guests. Reception was open and staff were available to welcome guests, all day, which is a great benefit for guests arriving early, perhaps around mid-day. Staff were always helpful when help was required.

Thank you for good review. The kitchen might have been found too small, but on the other hand - isn't it more social? :) (always look on the bright side of life;)

Good wifi, big rooms, great kitchen.

:) thanks for your positive review and good ratings!

We have stayed in many hostels and i would have to say this is one of the worst! I would not stay again. The cleanliness was not great - ciagret butts in the shower, kitchen seemed to be dirty and falling apart. When we were there some younger guests were throwing cooking dough out the windows. These same guest burst into our dorm room (which they were not staying in) at 2am in the morning as the locks on the doors were broken. Oven was also broken! On a positive the staff were nice.

Thank you for your review, we are sorry the hostel didn't meet your expectations, we do our best to keep the place clean and tidy at all times. Double thanks for appreciating people who work at the reception desk.

Lovely hostel, really homely and all staff really welcoming.

• 28th Jan 2015

Thank you so much for your positive review! No better compliment for us than to hear that you found the place homely, and the staff welcoming.

Overall it was a decent hostel, there were just several little things that I didn't like so much. The bathrooms were clean but looked a little in need or repair (including the shower head where I showered, which was supposed to be adjustable but was stuck on the lowest setting, which was about shoulder height for me). The windows were all pretty drafty, and the common room had a weird smell. However, the staff was very nice and helpful, and the bed was so incredibly comfortable.

Thank you for your review. We always do our best to keep all the rooms and bathrooms clean. We are glad that you found the bed comfortable, and the staff helpful.

It's a really nice hostel, right in the city center, next to the bus and train stations, pubs, cafes and restaurants. The staff is very nice and helpful, the kitchen is full equipped and the lounge very comfortable.

Thank you for your 100% review - that's a great compliment for all of us working here, we'll keep it like this:)

This hostel was a great experience! Very close to the bus and train stations and only minuets from pubs and grocery stores. It has a very "homey" feel as there were many people living there. Everyone is super friendly, a group goes out every night on a little pub crawl which is fun! I felt safe and comfortable there. Only downside is the bathrooms are very gross, lots of mold in the shower rooms. Overall I would recommend to friends and other young travelers!

Thank you for you review. We are glad that you felt safe and comfy with us - that's a great compliment:) I can assure you that we do what we can to keep our showers nice and clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4