Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

This hostel was disgustingly dirty. They never changed the sheets. I stayed for a few days and people would come and go and they would never clean anything from the previous guest. Staff acted like they were too cool for anyone there. No one ever locked the rooms and you only got one little locker for money/passports but the rest of it was unsecure. Front door had a security code but they didn't even bother to change it after someone got kicked out. Showers were terrible. Worst hostel.

We change sheets and clean all rooms every morning. Our staff generally receive glowing reviews and I'm sorry that you didn't get the welcomed you were expecting. The locks will be fixed within the next couple of weeks and we have a safe at reception for any valuables. The front door code could not be changed that day as people from hostel were still out and would be not be able to get back in if we changed the door code.

This place had the weirdest atmosphere. I had an awful experience overall. Three of the five lockers in our room were broken and the lock on our door was super messed up so it was left open most of the time, giving me absolutely no sense of security. A staff member took a bunch of us out and proceeded to flirt with me and another girl, making us really uncomfortable, and trying to convince us to stay at the hostel longer. Comfy beds, great kitchen, but I don't recommend you stay here.

Hi, and sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. First, we will be fixing all locks over the next few weeks. Second, the person who took you out was absolutely not a staff member but a long-term stayer and has been dealt with accordingly.

It's a great hostel. They provide tea and coffee. The staff are nice and the lounge is cool. My only complaints are that the rooms were tiny, and there aren't enough bathrooms for everyone. There was a line for each bathroom in the morning.

Great hostel, staff was awesome, common room was chill. Location is super convenient from train/bus and close to transit and sights. Was sad to leave, would stay again for sure.

The biggest drawback was that two toilets and one shower were out of order on our floor. We also noticed tht the toilet floor frequently became wet with a lot of water.

. the lady that checked us in made us feel really welcome, I do not know her name but had short dark hair. . Why average rating on the : - Security: key for the door, but depending on who locks it or not. maybe a door that can only be open with a key from the outside could be better? - Cleanliness & Facilities: Shower head had mould on it (use bleach to easily remove). toilet floor was very dusty ( around toilet). more pressure in the shower maybe? get more sink and mirror, & plugs available

The best hostel in Inverness, without any doubt! I've been to all of them :-)

Very standard hostel.

The noise at 1am both nights I stayed from motorbikes outside who need an ASBO means I wont be back. Pity as otherwise it is very good.

Liked the individual bathrooms, no lockers but the door did have a security code. No outlets in the room, and it was a fight to find some in the common rooms. Good location.

Amazing facility, will recommend this place to any friends going to Inverness. Only one issue: I wish the guitar in the common room didn't have a missing string haha.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan

Great staff. Very helpful and friendly.

Additional point to that there is a piano in the Lounge where people can meet and chill and enjoy music

Very nice, warm and cozy hostel. I would have to go back to Inverness no doubt I would stay there. One of the many great things, they did not ask money when we left our bags in storage after cheek out, as we travel around the area before our bus.

• 31st May 2015
  • Latvia

The toilets and showers were cleaned often and the bedroom was clean. The hostel was in a very weird location. Their isn't free parking. The lady who checked us in wasn't very friendly and the whole hostel had this "dead" feeling. No life in it!

Great hostel with friendly staff who worked hard to keep it clean. Thanks for a great stay!

Great value for money. Cosy little room! The staff are helpful, friendly and may even join your for a frothy! Would stay again.

two out of three light bulbs are broken. A man came in at night complaining that someone was in his bed.

• 29th May 2015
  • Thailand

We stayed three nights at Inverness Tourist Hostel and were moved twice. We were apparently booked in a room that a group had booked. Although I understand that the group had booked a room to themselves, it was not our fault that the hostel put us there. This happened again the last night at the hostel. The facilities were also not clean and did not work very well. The bathrooms constantly smelled and there were only two for our entire floor. Overall I just didn't feel welcome or clean.

• 28th May 2015

Good location right next to the bus station, which made finding it quick and easy. Had a few minutes wait for the bathroom each morning, but overall enjoyed my stay. I'd recommend to anyone passing through looking for good value for money.