Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

2010 Total Reviews

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you're in it's nice and cosy. A really great place to stay, with a nice common area. Super close to the bus station which is really handy. Thanks to the great staff.

Great Hostel and very helpful and friendly staff. Staff gave advance on attractions to see and answered any questions to the best of their ability. Facilities were clean. My boyfriend and I booked a 4bed room and were sent an e-mail later on saying that we have been split up into separate rooms because of the place being busy but I think they could have put an individual into the other room and kept us together. Other than that, the place was great.

I am so glad you found the staff friendly and helpful. It was great having you with us. We always try and keep people together and it is very rare we do have to split people up, only during the very busy summer months, so we are very sorry this and kept you as close as we could :)

It would be helpful if permanent arrangements were made for bike storage.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Staff was good - they did what was req'd, but nothing above and beyond (which no complaints about, simply justifying my rating). Place was clean and safe. Kitchen facility was clean and fully equipped.

Staff was really friendly and very open to helping plan my stay in Inverness. The common room was inviting and friendly and the hostel was very clean.

It would be nice to have some night lights especially on the bottom bunks. Not everyone has e-book readers and it was very uncomfortable that I wasn't really able to read my book in the dark. :) Also, door code should be change in the morning not in the middle of the afternoon after checking out. Most people leaves hostes for a day in the morning and so they don't know the actual day's door code when they return.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Amazing location! Literally in the middle of everything!

I can say the place is good, the location amazing, are some things that you can accept and more when you realise the cost, but what I didn't like was the attitude from the desk lady (the one with the red hair), we stay at the hostel for 2 days and the last day we asked for wait at the sofa for half hour until or bus departs, and she answer, definitely NO!, either we got chance to use the bathroom.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Boring but clean. The staff were not friendly whatsoever (except the girl with glasses, don't know her name but she was nice). Also, the doors for the rooms don't lock automatically so you have to rely on the other people in the room to lock the door when they leave which no one ever did. Literally right beside the bus station which is always a bonus but Inverness is quite tiny and everything is within walking distance so I likely won't stay here again, sorry.

Oh gosh, we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay here :( and the staff here are usually all so friendly and again I'm sorry if you felt otherwise. Inverness is tiny we understand its just a stop gap here between lovely walks and sites to see but on sunny days as nights are long many guests are out - hense our atmposphere lacking slightly. Thank you for taking the time to comment ( girl with glasses)

I think they could offer breakfast. It's the first time that I stay in a hostel without breakfast.

Not much to look at from the outside, but once inside it was nice. It was clean and the dorms were a good size. Showers and toilets were good. Staff were great, very helpful and friendly.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

It was extremely hot and extremely noisy.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Oh no- we are really sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay here with us. The heating hasn'nt been switched on for a few moths now that it is summer, so we are confused as to why it was extremely hot, and our guests in the evening are book reading blanket and hot chocolate types but we understand doors may bang during busy toilet rushes in the A.M.s All that said, thank you kindly for taking the time to leave your review.

Room was very small, not much room for four pieces of luggage. Location is beyond excellent as its just around the corner from bus and train stations. It has lockers in the room, but out of 4 one you could not lock at all and the other one did not stay locked (at least not with my padlock).

Very nice place to stay, near the train and bus station. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Nothing to complain about, fairly standard hostel. The rooms are rather small but clean, bathrooms were decent too. Nice little chillout lounge and super close to the bus station. This is very handy if you're traveling around. 1 minute from town, so can't beat the location.

We liked the hostel and the atmosphere, but the showers were cold. There were only mirrors and sinks in the toilets (and there were only a couple of toilets, so in the morning you had to wait for quite a long time to use the toilet...). Kitchen facilities were good and the location was near the city center. Staff was okay.

In theory the staff should be present until 23h but this was not the case. If unexpectatly arriving after 22h30 or so, it is impossible to enter the hostel since you lack the code. You should call ahead to get the code, which is not always evident.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Pros: super close to the bus station, nice and clean, lovely staff, great kitchen, close to a good supermarket, nice common room, basically a really good base to explore around the area, great value. And free tea! Cons: not enough showers (I could barely shower at all on my last morning as I waited 20 minutes and it was stone cold!), no blinds on the windows (sun sets at 11pm and rises at 4am-bring an eye mask!) Overall I had a lovely relaxing time at this hostel.

Thank you for your review and your kind words, we are sorry that we can not fit more showers into the building, all rooms do have curtains but blinds would be a good idea! thanks Please pop by again soon.

Room was clean, staff was friendly, bed was comfortable, and the locker in the room worked well. However, the sign on the building did not match the name listed online, and caused some confusion while trying to locate the hostel.

• 10th Jul 2014

We'd never stayed at this hostel before and we were more than pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location couldn't have been more central or easier to find and the hostel was well kept and fully kitted out! We would totally recommend this hostel!

• 9th Jul 2014

Awwwwwww ta chums!! please come visit us again!! Thank you kindly for a lovely review