Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

2086 Total Reviews

Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Convenient location - just next to bus station and short walk to train - and superb staff.

Some of the shower were broken and the others dirty..

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

clean ,tidy, friendly staff and good car park next door

If you're traveling with a child, be careful. The site only allows you to book private rooms for a family with a child, due to child protection laws, but the hostel did not honor those laws until I threw a fit. They tried to split us up, even when we booked the appropriate room. They had that room but were holding it for a group of 3 women who arrived AFTER us. Our family stayed together, and the later group of friends was split.up, one in our room. They weren't happy, either. blamed me. Awkward

• 25th Jul 2014

Excellent value for money.

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you're in it's nice and cosy. A really great place to stay, with a nice common area. Super close to the bus station which is really handy. Thanks to the great staff.

Great Hostel and very helpful and friendly staff. Staff gave advance on attractions to see and answered any questions to the best of their ability. Facilities were clean. My boyfriend and I booked a 4bed room and were sent an e-mail later on saying that we have been split up into separate rooms because of the place being busy but I think they could have put an individual into the other room and kept us together. Other than that, the place was great.

I am so glad you found the staff friendly and helpful. It was great having you with us. We always try and keep people together and it is very rare we do have to split people up, only during the very busy summer months, so we are very sorry this and kept you as close as we could :)

It would be helpful if permanent arrangements were made for bike storage.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Staff was good - they did what was req'd, but nothing above and beyond (which no complaints about, simply justifying my rating). Place was clean and safe. Kitchen facility was clean and fully equipped.

Staff was really friendly and very open to helping plan my stay in Inverness. The common room was inviting and friendly and the hostel was very clean.

It would be nice to have some night lights especially on the bottom bunks. Not everyone has e-book readers and it was very uncomfortable that I wasn't really able to read my book in the dark. :) Also, door code should be change in the morning not in the middle of the afternoon after checking out. Most people leaves hostes for a day in the morning and so they don't know the actual day's door code when they return.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Amazing location! Literally in the middle of everything!

I can say the place is good, the location amazing, are some things that you can accept and more when you realise the cost, but what I didn't like was the attitude from the desk lady (the one with the red hair), we stay at the hostel for 2 days and the last day we asked for wait at the sofa for half hour until or bus departs, and she answer, definitely NO!, either we got chance to use the bathroom.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Boring but clean. The staff were not friendly whatsoever (except the girl with glasses, don't know her name but she was nice). Also, the doors for the rooms don't lock automatically so you have to rely on the other people in the room to lock the door when they leave which no one ever did. Literally right beside the bus station which is always a bonus but Inverness is quite tiny and everything is within walking distance so I likely won't stay here again, sorry.

Oh gosh, we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay here :( and the staff here are usually all so friendly and again I'm sorry if you felt otherwise. Inverness is tiny we understand its just a stop gap here between lovely walks and sites to see but on sunny days as nights are long many guests are out - hense our atmposphere lacking slightly. Thank you for taking the time to comment ( girl with glasses)

I think they could offer breakfast. It's the first time that I stay in a hostel without breakfast.

Not much to look at from the outside, but once inside it was nice. It was clean and the dorms were a good size. Showers and toilets were good. Staff were great, very helpful and friendly.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

It was extremely hot and extremely noisy.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Oh no- we are really sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay here with us. The heating hasn'nt been switched on for a few moths now that it is summer, so we are confused as to why it was extremely hot, and our guests in the evening are book reading blanket and hot chocolate types but we understand doors may bang during busy toilet rushes in the A.M.s All that said, thank you kindly for taking the time to leave your review.

Room was very small, not much room for four pieces of luggage. Location is beyond excellent as its just around the corner from bus and train stations. It has lockers in the room, but out of 4 one you could not lock at all and the other one did not stay locked (at least not with my padlock).

Very nice place to stay, near the train and bus station. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere.