Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

Worth for the money. Pros: Close to the bus station and city center. Clean toilettes and showers. The staff was really great. Cons: It's really cold in the rooms. The kitchen closes after 10 PM. No breakfast included Overall great experience for a couple of nights.

It should have sockets and wifi in bedroom.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Thailand

A great atmosphere, clean and close to the city centre.. I just think that wouldne a good idea if they could give to the travellers a breakfast, even if it was small one! But, yes, I strongly recommended!!

• 3rd Jan 2014

Nice hostel in more or less central area and walkable from train station. Dorm was clean, however nowhere near enough pòwerpoints for an 8 bed dorm! Nice common room and kitchen.

Really close to the centre of town. Clean and good value for money. Maybe could have done with an extra few toilets but still would definitely go back!

Friendly staff. Hassle free accommodation.

• 29th Dec 2013

The staff were really friendly and welcoming, and remembered me when I returned after Christmas!

The hostel is located very conviniently next to the central bus station and close to the trainstation. There is a nice common room with TV and a kitchen. rooms are fine, however they can be a bit cold in winter.

Unlike other people I thought that the hostel was quite clean. Maybe its the room I had stayed in. It's right next to the bus station and a minute walk from the train station. The kitchen is well equipped and the tv room is really spacious if not little odd. You really cant find a better hostel that costs 10 quid a night in Europe

Was freezing cold! They didn't have the heating on

My stay here was a pleasure and the main reason for that was that the staff were excellent. They were very friendly,( always with a smile) and sincerely made an effort to make my stay comfortable ( I was checking in after reception was closed, and they found a solution for it)

• 14th Dec 2013
  • India

Loved our stay, the hostel can be improved, namely the schedule of the kitchen and the check out, but in general is a great hostel and I highly recommend.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

I loved this hostel! The staff were wonderful and helpful, the hostel was extremely clean, and only a minutes walk into town. The atmosphere was great especially in the common room, which is decorated with flags from all over the globe and creates a very welcoming environment for travelers from all walks of life. Easy to meet people and make friends there. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 10th Dec 2013

Staff were really friendly, great atmosphere in the hostel. A minutes walk from town. Comprehensive and clean facitities. Had a great day here. Thanks guys

• 7th Dec 2013

The staff were very welcoming and explained the rules well. It is a shame that we had to be out by 10am the next morning....not so good when you've been out partying in Inverness until the early hours! Our room was clean and basic. We had the shower room and toilet next to ours which was handy but unfortunately the hot water was not working. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we apologize that the shower wasn't working properly at the time, we've got it all fixed up now!

8 am to check out is a little bit too late...

• 28th Nov 2013

Although reception opens at 8, we do offer an early checkout option if you come speak with us the night before :)

Really enjoyed my time in Inverness. Hostel is nothing special but great for the money. Especially the people and location. Only suggestion would be 24 hour reception.

A brilliant hostel to stay in. A very large clean kitchen that was bleached and cleaned very well every night. Plenty of hot water in the showers. The staff where all very helpful and polite. A homely atmosphere where all guests are made very welcome. Good security and lockers available in each dorm, each dorm also had a lock on the door. I am looking foward to my next stay.

• 11th Nov 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again!

Nice enough hostel to sleep in, but don't expect any more than a bed. Staff were too busy chatting to provide advice and when they did it was incorrect or not even helpful. Lots of people living there full time which always creates a weird atmosphere! Security was pathetic with one front door code and a key lock to the room, except all the room mates never locked our door! All the lockers were broken too. However the city itself and the countrysides surrounding is definitely worth the trip!

Hi, Sorry your stay was not as you hoped. The staff try to be as accurate with advice but genuine mistakes can occur. We only have 3 long-term stayers out of 54 beds but we do have guests who arrive & like the place enough to extend their stays beyond their original booking. All lockers work but many guests bring their own padlock or dont feel the need to lock things up. Your fellow guests not closing the front door properly is beyond our remit. We can only remind them, as could you.

Friendly, relaxed, helpful atmosphere, easy to meet people and right next to bus station.