Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

1938 Total Reviews

Toilets were very dirty and not enough of them. Not enough kitchen space. Very noisy hostel. Parking was an issue.

Very odd that our hostel would seem to be dirty afer such lovley feedback from other saying the our staff are always cleaning, parking should't have been an issue as there is infact a carpark either side of us and one infront? The noise levels of the hostel change depending on guests and we don't got to choose those, we just serve. But we are sorry that you did'nt enjoy your stay with us-

I only stayed one night as i had to catch the bus in the morning. What I liked most about the hostel was the bed. The bed was super compfy with big pillows. I didnt use anything else. Its in a great location. Only a 1 minute walk to the bus station!

May seem like a small point, but it would definitely be worth asking people when they make a reservation at the hostel whether they snore or not. Although the hostel was lovely and the bed was comfortable, I did not get any sleep as 4 of the 6 other people in the room snored loudly all night, making it impossible to sleep at all. If possible it is certainly a wise idea to separate the snorers and non-snorers to make it easier to sleep!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha fabulous!!! After working here and living here for 6 months this comment has really cheered me up!! What a quirky sence of humour you have! ha ha ha ha

The staff and other guests were so nice it felt like a little family! Also, there's a piano!

Awwwwwwwwwwww thank you!! what a lovely thing to say!! please drop in again soon!

This place is awesome. I arrived to find a very open clientele whom I was able to spend time with. The only obstacle with this location was that we received some badgering from a particular staff member. Regardless of the circumstances, it was quite inappropriate for the manager to lower herself to engage in squabbling with guests. Her concerns seemed targeted at a demographic opposed to our actions. Similarly, the only noise complains to be made come when she blasts music in the lobby.

the lady with red hair is extremely tough to deal with, always so many requirements, horrible. but another lady is very kind. no WiFi in the room, unbelievable.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • China

Good location!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

There was a mix up with the room for the first two nights, having too many people in the room! The kitchen is very small as are the rooms, but the place is very clean and has evrrything you would need in the kitchen.

The issue of keys we found was from late arrivals taking the wrong key, having said that we are sorry for any confusion, hope you did'nt find your stay too bad

Good stay somewhat spoilt by being told I was not allowed to look up a phone number using the wifi for 5 mins while retrieving my left luggage after I had checked out. Somehat ridiculous stringnecy on behalf of the staff member who was working at that time

• 14th Jun 2014

Only hostel I have been in that had free wi fii, good on you. Rooms VERY small.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely hostel, not far from train station, bus stop & town centre. Lovely atmosphere, with excellent facilities. Staff are delightful! Would definitely recommend.

Very close to the heart of the city, with friendly staff and good sized rooms. Common room and kitchen were a bit cramped though, and didn't like that the kitchen wasn't always accessible (closes overnight).

We are sorry that in busy periods there doesnt seem to be much space, living here we can emperthise, with regards to it being open over night- we can't trust drunk travellers with gass stoves, has broven very dangerous in the past, hence the tea stand in the lounge. Thank you for your comments

All the staff were very helpful and friendly. While the hostel doesn't look like much from outside, inside it is very clean. The kitchen was well equipped, the bathrooms were cleaned various times per day, and the bed sheets had that freshly washed smell to them! The location was absolutely perfect - right next to the train and bus stations, which is handy if you are planning to take any tours since most depart from this area. Best price to value in Inverness!

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! and love the comment about the outside of the building, we think this too!! :) please do come back!

(I left my thoughts in the guest book .. 'Brian from Scotland/India' ).. I very much appreciate this hostel and intend to visit it again regularly .. well done to all staff !

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

We read your lovely words in the book! Thank you kindly and you will always be welcome back-

Only stayed the one night but it was a pretty comfy stay. The door to the room was busted and the hot water in the showers was very sensitive, but the atmosphere was good and staff friendly and helpful.

We are sorry about the door to your room, but it has been fixed now also the pressure in the showers has been addressed Thank you for your comments and kind words, hope you will return

Fabulous Staff, Fabulous Location! Overall Totally Fabulous Hostel. Thanks guys for making our stay here so great!

Busy Hostel very close to City Center. Large multi story carpark next door which has free Bike parking. Nice friendly staff and good facilities. I would use again

Cheers!!! and please do! come again!!

Good location right next to the bus station. Clean and tidy hostel with very friendly staff! I will defiantly return. Also thank you to the singing girl with a beautiful voice.

We could highly recommend this hostel and had a great stay. The kitchen and common room are well equipped, but both can get a little crowded when the hostel is full. Rooms were clean and comfortable and bathroom setup was great. Plus the location is so central to get around and tour.

Thank you for your comments Please pop by again (cozy and more space in winter)

Love this hostel! Besides the fact that it's RIGHT next to the bus station, the staff are amazing (very friendly, offer helpful suggestions for what to do, always cleaning!), the kitchen is gorgeous, the hang-out/TV room is super cozy AND they have free tea/coffee 24-7! Definitely my favorite hostel yet! Not sure if all rooms are the same but mine didn't have lockers. I didn't ask if they were available so if this is important to people they should ask.

So chuffed you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do come back!!