Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

1940 Total Reviews

Amazingly helpful, available, friendly, accommodating and welcoming. I couldn't have wished for more. Many thanks to all staff.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Lovely Words!!! Nice to know we are doing our job right, thank you so much! please come stay again!!

Super friendly staff, great bedroom, great facilities.

cheers for your lovely words, please do come stay again!!

I really loved the common room at this hostel! It was so cozy and a great place to meet people. I came home from a night out and everyone was still hanging out in there. The kitchen is big and well stocked. I had a hard time getting a shower one morning, but I only had to wait about 15 minutes. The staff were very nice and helpful, one of the favourite stays in Scotland!

Thank you sweetie!! lovely words!! please drop by and stay with us again soon!

This hostel has a great location and a cozy common room with a piano and tea and coffee all day. It's clean and met all my expectations.

glad you enjoyed your stay- please come by again!!

Perfect location, cosy atmosphere.

Thank you for your kind words, Please come and stay with us again soon!

Great location! great price!

Thank you, please come see us again soon!

The staff were lovely, I was stressed out when I first arrived, but they soon calmed me down and were warm and friendly. The staff have created a welcoming and calming atmosphere in the hostel.

• 31st May 2014

Thank you for your lovely words doll please come and see us again, hope you were comfortable on your second visit x

The hostel in itself is not bad. It would be better if the kitchen didn't have closing times. Also, the monitor is a very rude and unwelcoming person; if you go there, I hope that it will be another person who will welcom you.

• 30th May 2014

Great value for money - not in many places can one spend the night (in a 4-bed dorm) for 10 pounds. The place is conveniently located not far from the train and bus stations, which many travellers will find helpful. Something must be wrong with the shower/bathroom facilities because whenever water was flowing through the pipes, the noise heard in our room was ridiculously loud.

Thank you for your kind works and the showers and bathrooms have all been looked at, thanks for the feedback Please come stay with us again soon!

The hostel was very easy to find.It's close to supermarkets and 5 minutes walking from the city center. We got a warm welcome by the friendly staff.We had to leave £10 deposit for the key, we didn't have cash with us,but without any problem the hostess show us the nearest ATM. It was a nice surprise when they told us the breakfast was include (only coffe/tea/milk,but there is a huge kitchen with all the necessary for cooking).The toilets and shower are individual and clean. I really recommend

• 25th May 2014
  • Spain

Good position and well presented

Great location near the bus station and in centre of town... Excellent management and good facilities.

This experience was good overall. Nothing outstanding.

Location very practical for bus rides, since it is directly at the bus station. A bit scary area in the dark though. Close to the city too. People there were very nice, the kitchen was good, only the rooms didn't look very clean. Especially my bed covers looked rather old and dirty.

The hostel was a nice place to stay. Good atmosphere and friendly staff. The kitchen and rooms were very clean and it's in the middle of the centre of Inverness.

• 16th May 2014

The facilities were fine, though my bed was pretty uncomfortable. The bathrooms were generally clean, though the water pressure in the showers was pretty awful. Our bedroom door didn't really lock, and they said they were going to change the pass code on the main door daily, but it stayed the same my whole 4 day stay. Staff were the opposite of helpful, particularly one girl at front desk. Internet wasn't working half of the time.

Thank you kindly for your feed back. Apart from asking one time about the internet, I don't recall you coming to the reception and voicing your concerns about any of your other problems. Maybe then we could have made your stay more enjoyable. The door code at times may be left for two days, but never four. If I was so unhappy with a place personally I couldn't see myself staying for FOUR whole days.

The staff here is absolutely fabulous. I promise we will be back with the lumberjacks, as agreed upon. I wish we had more than two days in Inverness! The hostel was clean, comfortable, welcoming, and superbly located (right around the corner from the bus station and one street away from the main streets). Out of a three week trip with at least 16 stops this was by far my favourite hostel. Make sure to take a look at the Islands Walk map! Beautiful and well worth your time. We'll be back soon!

Helpful team, great location right by the bus station

You get what you pay for

This was a same day booking and I let the very helpful staff know that I would be arriving late-off Edinburgh bus at 00.20am. Everything was excellent, Bed good. I put 'good' for facillities as it would have been perfect if there was somewhre to make a hot drink on arrival, although I appreciate for safety this might not always be possible, The location was literally 1 minute from the bus station for my next travel connection and I would recommend Charlie's cafe there for breakfast. Thankyou.

• 8th May 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your lovely feedback, We have now added an additional tea trolly to our newly decorated lounge where by you may help yourself to tea and coffee when the kitchen is closed Come and stay again soon!