Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

The hostel is right next to a big parking lot, wich is quite convenient, but really noisy during the night. The staff membre was friendly and helpful. The kitchen was big and we had free tea and coffee! Unfortunately, we had a 4 beds dorm reserved but we had to split the group up because it was too booked, even if online it seemed to be available. My friends room was really small, smelling like cat pee and the matrices was stained and brownish.. The walls were also moldy.

The staff are very friendly and go the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome. It was very safe and clean, which I appreciated after taking a long day of traveling to get there. Would go back again!

The location is superb - right beside the bus depot and two blocks from the train station. The staff and security at this hostel were fantastic and I felt extremely safe here. The only issue I had was the showers - there was black gunk (mould?) was not pleasant company - and the squeaky beds. Otherwise, fantastic hostel and great stop-over on my way back down to London.

Common room / kitchen generally pleasant atmosphere. There was one guy who persisted in making irritating noise from both him and the TV as he played little boy games on there. Small, busy common room NOT suitable for such pastimes - STRONG viewpoint!

Andrew made this place enjoyable, had it not been for him, his ability to keep everything running, I may have chosen another place to stay, but he made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. If you're passing through Inverness, I recommend this hostels location, right beside the bus station.

Pretty decent. Easily accessible from the train and paid parking right next door. Decent wifi and pretty good kitchen. Bathrooms are a little more desirable but they worked. Pretty clean too

the staff is amzingly kind the only little drawback is that if you pay by cards an extra pound is added

You can't check in after 11 which makes it very difficult if flight are delayed. The hostel is pretty clean but there is a distinct lack of atmosphere and homeliness, no one really hung out and it definitely felt a little more like just a bed to sleep in. The shower was either freezing or brining hot which made it incredibly uncomfortable. The staff were kind however.

Bathrooms need to be cleaned daily due to constant use, never had to wait long to use one though. Light out in shower, took shower in dark with phone. Next day worked. Next day didn't. Beds need hoovering under. Felt EXTREMELY SAFE. Kitchen was clean. Staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. When the Wi-Fi wasn't working, Adam called his boss who walked him through how to reset it. I thought that was extremely professional. The lovely Scottish bloke asked how my day was. Would stay again.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • American Samoa

Good location, near the train station. Staff is nice and helpful. Clean and comfort bed. A bit noisy in the night though.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • China

Overall a nice place to stay.

There was no free wifi and had to pay 1 pound/hr of wifi.

Great location whether passing through or staying a while, nice staff, good atmosphere.

No heating in spite of very low temperature. Very, very cold rooms. The kitchen closed until 8:30, so no chance of grabbing a hot coffee if u r leaving early.

Very cheap and very friendly!

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Scotland

My bed smelled terrible, from the body odor of previous bunkers. The checkout experience when leaving a day early was very rude. Inquired about a refund, as I had added the travel protection and the response was "too bad". I was really turned off from this hostel experience.

• 31st Aug 2015

The sheets were smelly, one of the beds was unmade, the bathrooms were not clean at all.

I would not recommend this hostel because I didn't like the behaviour of the personnel who work there. I think they are quite unpolite. For example, they were working or playing with their laptop in the kitchen/dining room, and the re were people waiting there to sit and eat. One of the gorls who works there also was barefoot while she was int he kitchen, I think that's disrespecful. I also didn't like people laying on the sofa barefoot and nobody tells them to leave place for others.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Spain

We loved this hostel. Andy is the best (I think that's his name) and he'd hang out and chat during the day which was nice. Showers and toilets were decent although there weren't a ton of them. There was no toaster our first day which sucked but then the next day we went in and a toaster had materialized! Also, it's less than a minute from the bus station which is super nice.

the oven in the kitchen looked like it hadnt been cleaned in a while, aside from that no issues. conveniently located close to buses, main strip etc. hopefully be back in a month or two after meeting great staff and travelers.