Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

1916 Total Reviews

The hostel was very easy to find.It's close to supermarkets and 5 minutes walking from the city center. We got a warm welcome by the friendly staff.We had to leave £10 deposit for the key, we didn't have cash with us,but without any problem the hostess show us the nearest ATM. It was a nice surprise when they told us the breakfast was include (only coffe/tea/milk,but there is a huge kitchen with all the necessary for cooking).The toilets and shower are individual and clean. I really recommend

• 25th May 2014
  • Spain

Good position and well presented

Great location near the bus station and in centre of town... Excellent management and good facilities.

This experience was good overall. Nothing outstanding.

Location very practical for bus rides, since it is directly at the bus station. A bit scary area in the dark though. Close to the city too. People there were very nice, the kitchen was good, only the rooms didn't look very clean. Especially my bed covers looked rather old and dirty.

The hostel was a nice place to stay. Good atmosphere and friendly staff. The kitchen and rooms were very clean and it's in the middle of the centre of Inverness.

• 16th May 2014

The facilities were fine, though my bed was pretty uncomfortable. The bathrooms were generally clean, though the water pressure in the showers was pretty awful. Our bedroom door didn't really lock, and they said they were going to change the pass code on the main door daily, but it stayed the same my whole 4 day stay. Staff were the opposite of helpful, particularly one girl at front desk. Internet wasn't working half of the time.

Thank you kindly for your feed back. Apart from asking one time about the internet, I don't recall you coming to the reception and voicing your concerns about any of your other problems. Maybe then we could have made your stay more enjoyable. The door code at times may be left for two days, but never four. If I was so unhappy with a place personally I couldn't see myself staying for FOUR whole days.

The staff here is absolutely fabulous. I promise we will be back with the lumberjacks, as agreed upon. I wish we had more than two days in Inverness! The hostel was clean, comfortable, welcoming, and superbly located (right around the corner from the bus station and one street away from the main streets). Out of a three week trip with at least 16 stops this was by far my favourite hostel. Make sure to take a look at the Islands Walk map! Beautiful and well worth your time. We'll be back soon!

Helpful team, great location right by the bus station

You get what you pay for

This was a same day booking and I let the very helpful staff know that I would be arriving late-off Edinburgh bus at 00.20am. Everything was excellent, Bed good. I put 'good' for facillities as it would have been perfect if there was somewhre to make a hot drink on arrival, although I appreciate for safety this might not always be possible, The location was literally 1 minute from the bus station for my next travel connection and I would recommend Charlie's cafe there for breakfast. Thankyou.

• 8th May 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your lovely feedback, We have now added an additional tea trolly to our newly decorated lounge where by you may help yourself to tea and coffee when the kitchen is closed Come and stay again soon!

The room for 4 people was really small, we had just the room to stand up the 4 of us, with our bagpacks on the floor, no space to move inside more than 1-2 people at the same time. There were lockers but really too small. The heating didn't work and the ventilation was not enough. The kitchen was large and well equipped, but it was close before 8 a.m (breakfast early was not possible if you have an early flight/bus/train to take)

Thank you for your feedback, should you have not been happy during your stay you could have spoken with any one of our staff and we would have tried to make you more comfortable. The heating however does work in every room, and not sure with regards to ventilation? If you were to open a window? surely this would cancel out the heating? Sorry that you did not enjoy you stay.

Good Hostel. It's pretty basic but for the cost it's a great place to lay your head for the night !!. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm for one night and had no issues. Although all the beds were taken, there was minimal noise and I was well rested when I woke. I'd easily stay here again. Need a bed for the night ?, this place will get you rested up and doubt you'll find cheaper anywhere in Inverness !!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you kindly for your comments, we are glad that you were able to enjoy a good nights sleep, please do come and see us again

Me an my two mates stayed the weekend for the Etape Loch Ness. The staff were helpful

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

Told me they weren't going to charge me so I found an alternative hostel. Then when I contacted them about this, they ignored me.

I really liked the location, and the staff were very friendly. I went for a festival and was happy to chill with all the other attendees. Much fun was had in the kitchen.

• 1st May 2014
  • klindemo6918

Thank you for your lovely words, so glad you enjoyed your stay here in Inverness. Please do come and see us soon.

Nice hostel and staff. I really enjoyed my time here.

We really enjoyed your company, what a refreshing group of lovley people, please come back

Even before I arrived I already felt welcome. As I was arriving quite late they called me before to double check my arrival. Very friendly voice on the line. Stuff amazingly friendly. I have to say it was one of the best experiences I ever had. I thought kithcen was a bit small, but it was even better when you have friendly people around so we actually had some nice chatting while cooking with everybody around.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

Thank you for your kind words, and please do return, will be great to see you for a dance and a sing song again soon

Perfect stay! I recomended everyone!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thank you!!!!

The staff were very knowledgeable and professional. The hostel as a whole was nice. I would stay here again in future.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you kindly for your lovely comments, you are always welcome back, please come and see us again soon.