Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

Additional point to that there is a piano in the Lounge where people can meet and chill and enjoy music

Very nice, warm and cozy hostel. I would have to go back to Inverness no doubt I would stay there. One of the many great things, they did not ask money when we left our bags in storage after cheek out, as we travel around the area before our bus.

• 31st May 2015
  • Latvia

The toilets and showers were cleaned often and the bedroom was clean. The hostel was in a very weird location. Their isn't free parking. The lady who checked us in wasn't very friendly and the whole hostel had this "dead" feeling. No life in it!

Great hostel with friendly staff who worked hard to keep it clean. Thanks for a great stay!

Great value for money. Cosy little room! The staff are helpful, friendly and may even join your for a frothy! Would stay again.

two out of three light bulbs are broken. A man came in at night complaining that someone was in his bed.

• 29th May 2015
  • Thailand

We stayed three nights at Inverness Tourist Hostel and were moved twice. We were apparently booked in a room that a group had booked. Although I understand that the group had booked a room to themselves, it was not our fault that the hostel put us there. This happened again the last night at the hostel. The facilities were also not clean and did not work very well. The bathrooms constantly smelled and there were only two for our entire floor. Overall I just didn't feel welcome or clean.

• 28th May 2015

Good location right next to the bus station, which made finding it quick and easy. Had a few minutes wait for the bathroom each morning, but overall enjoyed my stay. I'd recommend to anyone passing through looking for good value for money.

Great staff, and fun people!

I stayed two nights in total, on my way to the mountains and then back to the airport. The staff were great, very helpful and even though I was much older than the average backpacking guest I felt comfortable there. Hope to see you again. Steve Lucas

• 12th May 2015

The toilets were not very clean and the chairs in the lounge could do with a replacement (the sitting of some chairs was half missing). Plenty of sockets for charging phones in the lounge. Did not use the kitchen, but it looked good and clean. Beds were quite comfortable. The staff was friendly, but wrote down a wrong security code for access to the building. I just rang the doorbell instead because the reception was not closed yet, so it was no problem and I got the correct one then.

Great place to stay and meet people! There was even free food provided! Thank you!

Perfectly located, nice and clean, just great place stay.

plus: free milk (awesome!), super great location (less than a min from the bus station, and 10-15 mins from the river), staff was great and very knowledgeable about the area and recommending things to do/places to eat cons: the lockers in the rooms didn't work; but, I was told they will be getting fixed

I enjoyed my stay at Inverness Tourist Hostel. Staff was real nice and accomodating. It's located literally 50 yards from the bus station, which is really convenient. My only complaint is, the kitchen is closed from 10 pm to 8 am, so if you have an early bus, train, or flight, you can't get in there to get your food and make breakfast or whatever.

This hostel was fine - ok value for money, bathroom situation is a bit weird but it's in a great location and pretty good facilities.

Bathrooms were disgusting. Bedrooms were small dirty and not very well ventilated. Not a very pleasant night.

Hi, We're under new management since you left and are trying hard to improve our cleanliness. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that if you come back to Inverness you will see a huge improvement!

The staff is only nice to a certain people. I don't know why but we didn't feel welcomed. The rooms have locks with keys but the other guests weren't able to lock the door, so it wasn't safe at all. We had lockers in the room which were to small to put our bags inside. The hostel just had a few showers (two on our floor) for a lot of guests and there was no sink inside our room (just at the small toilets which were just three at our floor). It was't really cleaned and disgusting.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are now under new management and will be looking to provide all customers with clean rooms and a smile!

I really enjoyed my stay here! Made lots of friends in the common room, the place was relatively clean, only about a minute walk to the main streets of Inverness.

• 30th Apr 2015

Rooms were a good size for the number of beds in them. The staff were friendly and helpful and WiFi worked well. Great location right next to Icelands and the bus station. Common room and kitchen were well equipped, however both a little small sometimes for the number of people. Had a fairly large group (maybe six people) stay in my room the last two nights and they were inconsiderate of everyone else (came in at 3am thumping and laughing). Other than that it was a great stay