Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

Not enough sinks because there are only the two on every floor that are in the toilets. kitchen was extremely well stocked and the lounge was comfortable

Worst hostel we have stayed in when travelling through Scotland

• 13th Aug 2014

Thanks for your short bit of honesty, however we have 99% of the other guests that have stayed here that disagree with you. thanks

One shower had cold water only, and they are not cleaned regularly enough for the amount of use. There was always a lot of hair on the floor in the shower, it was very disgusting. Problem with the software and so we could not check in when arrived, then problem with the booking and we were told we needed to check out the next morning only to be checked back in to the same room. Caused us a lot of inconvenience as we had travelled out of inverness for the day and were late returning.

Just right. thank you

• 10th Aug 2014

Good place to stay in Inverness. The only negative point is that our room did not close properly with key....not good!! The kitchen is small for all of the hosts and have few facilities: Glasses, mugs, dishes, utensils to cook...

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I was given the key to the wrong room - a room that was already occupied. I could have walked in on people getting changed, or I could have raided their suitcases if I had wanted to. The hostel seemed to have a lot of guests but none of them seemed very happy or friendly - I don't know why.

We were really just passing through Inverness so only stayed for one night, but the place was right for our needs! It's cheap, cheerful, and right in the centre of town. Helpful staff, nice little kitchen and also a nice little sitting area as well. Not the cleanest or glamourous of hostels, but perfectly fine for the price and for what we needed indeed.

I really liked the living room. It's a small hostel, so it's easy to talk with people and make new friends! The kitchen and bathroom were clean. I enjoyed my stay there! :)

Very good staff and location

GREAT location, only few minutes walk from rail station. Staff were very nice and chatty

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Convenient location - just next to bus station and short walk to train - and superb staff.

Some of the shower were broken and the others dirty..

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

clean ,tidy, friendly staff and good car park next door

If you're traveling with a child, be careful. The site only allows you to book private rooms for a family with a child, due to child protection laws, but the hostel did not honor those laws until I threw a fit. They tried to split us up, even when we booked the appropriate room. They had that room but were holding it for a group of 3 women who arrived AFTER us. Our family stayed together, and the later group of friends was split.up, one in our room. They weren't happy, either. blamed me. Awkward

• 25th Jul 2014

Excellent value for money.

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you're in it's nice and cosy. A really great place to stay, with a nice common area. Super close to the bus station which is really handy. Thanks to the great staff.

Great Hostel and very helpful and friendly staff. Staff gave advance on attractions to see and answered any questions to the best of their ability. Facilities were clean. My boyfriend and I booked a 4bed room and were sent an e-mail later on saying that we have been split up into separate rooms because of the place being busy but I think they could have put an individual into the other room and kept us together. Other than that, the place was great.

I am so glad you found the staff friendly and helpful. It was great having you with us. We always try and keep people together and it is very rare we do have to split people up, only during the very busy summer months, so we are very sorry this and kept you as close as we could :)

It would be helpful if permanent arrangements were made for bike storage.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Staff was good - they did what was req'd, but nothing above and beyond (which no complaints about, simply justifying my rating). Place was clean and safe. Kitchen facility was clean and fully equipped.