Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

2012 Total Reviews

Had a lot of fun at inverness. People were super friendly and the place is right beside the bus station. Only problem is that the shower fan is super loud and reverberates into the dorm rooms.

cute little hostel, i had a nice stay and the staff were quite friendly until i checked out and then started to microwave my breakfast and was told that checked out guests can't use the facilities.. i asked if i could quickly finish my breakfast and she really reluctantly said yes. i felt really awkward and tried to hurry. i thought it was quite rude to push a guest out the door after 3 nights in the hostel and this really dampened my experience. other than this i enjoyed my stay

Keep this excellent service. I really enjoyed while I stayed on there. This hostel is very strategic location; has very nice staff and clean.

Very good hostel, very nice atmosphere with very nice and funny members of staff. The only negative thing I can think of is the lack of sinks to brush your teeth (the only ones were in the toilets and were very small). Apart from that, would definitely recommend it.

Ha thank you doll, and we understand about the sinks, we have to use them too! please do visit again!

Toilets were very dirty and not enough of them. Not enough kitchen space. Very noisy hostel. Parking was an issue.

Very odd that our hostel would seem to be dirty afer such lovley feedback from other saying the our staff are always cleaning, parking should't have been an issue as there is infact a carpark either side of us and one infront? The noise levels of the hostel change depending on guests and we don't got to choose those, we just serve. But we are sorry that you did'nt enjoy your stay with us-

Was really easy to meet new people here, with the cool/quirky lounge making us feel right at home. Beds were comfy, showers worked, guy on reception had great music taste. Perfect location too.

I only stayed one night as i had to catch the bus in the morning. What I liked most about the hostel was the bed. The bed was super compfy with big pillows. I didnt use anything else. Its in a great location. Only a 1 minute walk to the bus station!

May seem like a small point, but it would definitely be worth asking people when they make a reservation at the hostel whether they snore or not. Although the hostel was lovely and the bed was comfortable, I did not get any sleep as 4 of the 6 other people in the room snored loudly all night, making it impossible to sleep at all. If possible it is certainly a wise idea to separate the snorers and non-snorers to make it easier to sleep!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha fabulous!!! After working here and living here for 6 months this comment has really cheered me up!! What a quirky sence of humour you have! ha ha ha ha

The staff and other guests were so nice it felt like a little family! Also, there's a piano!

Awwwwwwwwwwww thank you!! what a lovely thing to say!! please drop in again soon!

This place is awesome. I arrived to find a very open clientele whom I was able to spend time with. The only obstacle with this location was that we received some badgering from a particular staff member. Regardless of the circumstances, it was quite inappropriate for the manager to lower herself to engage in squabbling with guests. Her concerns seemed targeted at a demographic opposed to our actions. Similarly, the only noise complains to be made come when she blasts music in the lobby.

the lady with red hair is extremely tough to deal with, always so many requirements, horrible. but another lady is very kind. no WiFi in the room, unbelievable.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • China

Good location!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

There was a mix up with the room for the first two nights, having too many people in the room! The kitchen is very small as are the rooms, but the place is very clean and has evrrything you would need in the kitchen.

The issue of keys we found was from late arrivals taking the wrong key, having said that we are sorry for any confusion, hope you did'nt find your stay too bad

Good stay somewhat spoilt by being told I was not allowed to look up a phone number using the wifi for 5 mins while retrieving my left luggage after I had checked out. Somehat ridiculous stringnecy on behalf of the staff member who was working at that time

• 14th Jun 2014

Only hostel I have been in that had free wi fii, good on you. Rooms VERY small.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Female Group, 41+

Lovely hostel, not far from train station, bus stop & town centre. Lovely atmosphere, with excellent facilities. Staff are delightful! Would definitely recommend.

Very close to the heart of the city, with friendly staff and good sized rooms. Common room and kitchen were a bit cramped though, and didn't like that the kitchen wasn't always accessible (closes overnight).

We are sorry that in busy periods there doesnt seem to be much space, living here we can emperthise, with regards to it being open over night- we can't trust drunk travellers with gass stoves, has broven very dangerous in the past, hence the tea stand in the lounge. Thank you for your comments

All the staff were very helpful and friendly. While the hostel doesn't look like much from outside, inside it is very clean. The kitchen was well equipped, the bathrooms were cleaned various times per day, and the bed sheets had that freshly washed smell to them! The location was absolutely perfect - right next to the train and bus stations, which is handy if you are planning to take any tours since most depart from this area. Best price to value in Inverness!

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! and love the comment about the outside of the building, we think this too!! :) please do come back!

(I left my thoughts in the guest book .. 'Brian from Scotland/India' ).. I very much appreciate this hostel and intend to visit it again regularly .. well done to all staff !

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

We read your lovely words in the book! Thank you kindly and you will always be welcome back-

Only stayed the one night but it was a pretty comfy stay. The door to the room was busted and the hot water in the showers was very sensitive, but the atmosphere was good and staff friendly and helpful.

We are sorry about the door to your room, but it has been fixed now also the pressure in the showers has been addressed Thank you for your comments and kind words, hope you will return