Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

2089 Total Reviews

The staff were great. Even though our plane got delayed and we wouldn't get there until after the front desk closed for the night they were kind and made it possible for us to check in anyway. So grateful!

I know hostels are cheap because of large number of people are sharing one room and bathroom but only 3 toilets and 3 showers for 30+ people? In fact 2 single toilets, 2 single showers 1 shower&toilet making the waiting time unbearable if you need a pea in the mooring. And they have run out of toilet roll on two toilets grrr. A bit disappointed. In full season this hostel must me overcrowded and in that small kitchen for 20 people must be hell to make yourself a tea in the morning.

We are sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay here with us, as we live here full time, and do not have staff facilities we understand there may be periods in the day whereby people may need to wait for a free bathroom, however we do have five working showers and five working bathrooms. Our kitchen is not the largest, but at least clean & tidy. We understand, which is why we have tea making facilities in the lounge available 24 hours. Thank you for your feed back.

I only stayed one night, but it was great. Everyone was very kind.

• 27th Jun 2014

Thanks Trev! Please come see us again soon!!

Good but not great. Some of the showers and bathrooms had multiple broken wall hooks. Weird policy against leaving electronics plugged in overnight. Great staff though.

Lockers in rooms should be renewed, seemed to be broken.

Very helpful staff. Clean and very handy location. I will be booking a similar stay (5 nights next year). Very pleased.

Fabulous!! Thank you, glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your visit next year.

Great location (right next to the bus station) and nice building: the rooms are quite small, but the common areas are cosy and friendly, the toilets are very clean, the kitchen is big with everything you may need to cook and store your food, and although there is no breakfast included, coffee and tea are free. Given the price, probably the best you can expect.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you for your comments! Glad that you enjoyed your stay, do come again!!

everything excellent and convenient location. the only thing that can be improved is the mattress, almost in the room where I slept.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you for your comments Sorry you didn't get a comfy nights sleep but your comments will be passed on to the owner who in turn will buy new matresses :) ( we hope)

Had a lot of fun at inverness. People were super friendly and the place is right beside the bus station. Only problem is that the shower fan is super loud and reverberates into the dorm rooms.

cute little hostel, i had a nice stay and the staff were quite friendly until i checked out and then started to microwave my breakfast and was told that checked out guests can't use the facilities.. i asked if i could quickly finish my breakfast and she really reluctantly said yes. i felt really awkward and tried to hurry. i thought it was quite rude to push a guest out the door after 3 nights in the hostel and this really dampened my experience. other than this i enjoyed my stay

Keep this excellent service. I really enjoyed while I stayed on there. This hostel is very strategic location; has very nice staff and clean.

Very good hostel, very nice atmosphere with very nice and funny members of staff. The only negative thing I can think of is the lack of sinks to brush your teeth (the only ones were in the toilets and were very small). Apart from that, would definitely recommend it.

Ha thank you doll, and we understand about the sinks, we have to use them too! please do visit again!

Toilets were very dirty and not enough of them. Not enough kitchen space. Very noisy hostel. Parking was an issue.

Very odd that our hostel would seem to be dirty afer such lovley feedback from other saying the our staff are always cleaning, parking should't have been an issue as there is infact a carpark either side of us and one infront? The noise levels of the hostel change depending on guests and we don't got to choose those, we just serve. But we are sorry that you did'nt enjoy your stay with us-

Was really easy to meet new people here, with the cool/quirky lounge making us feel right at home. Beds were comfy, showers worked, guy on reception had great music taste. Perfect location too.

I only stayed one night as i had to catch the bus in the morning. What I liked most about the hostel was the bed. The bed was super compfy with big pillows. I didnt use anything else. Its in a great location. Only a 1 minute walk to the bus station!

May seem like a small point, but it would definitely be worth asking people when they make a reservation at the hostel whether they snore or not. Although the hostel was lovely and the bed was comfortable, I did not get any sleep as 4 of the 6 other people in the room snored loudly all night, making it impossible to sleep at all. If possible it is certainly a wise idea to separate the snorers and non-snorers to make it easier to sleep!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha fabulous!!! After working here and living here for 6 months this comment has really cheered me up!! What a quirky sence of humour you have! ha ha ha ha

The staff and other guests were so nice it felt like a little family! Also, there's a piano!

Awwwwwwwwwwww thank you!! what a lovely thing to say!! please drop in again soon!

This place is awesome. I arrived to find a very open clientele whom I was able to spend time with. The only obstacle with this location was that we received some badgering from a particular staff member. Regardless of the circumstances, it was quite inappropriate for the manager to lower herself to engage in squabbling with guests. Her concerns seemed targeted at a demographic opposed to our actions. Similarly, the only noise complains to be made come when she blasts music in the lobby.

the lady with red hair is extremely tough to deal with, always so many requirements, horrible. but another lady is very kind. no WiFi in the room, unbelievable.

• 16th Jun 2014