Inverness Tourist Hostel Reviews

24 Rose Street, Inverness, Scotland

1939 Total Reviews

The room for 4 people was really small, we had just the room to stand up the 4 of us, with our bagpacks on the floor, no space to move inside more than 1-2 people at the same time. There were lockers but really too small. The heating didn't work and the ventilation was not enough. The kitchen was large and well equipped, but it was close before 8 a.m (breakfast early was not possible if you have an early flight/bus/train to take)

Thank you for your feedback, should you have not been happy during your stay you could have spoken with any one of our staff and we would have tried to make you more comfortable. The heating however does work in every room, and not sure with regards to ventilation? If you were to open a window? surely this would cancel out the heating? Sorry that you did not enjoy you stay.

Good Hostel. It's pretty basic but for the cost it's a great place to lay your head for the night !!. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm for one night and had no issues. Although all the beds were taken, there was minimal noise and I was well rested when I woke. I'd easily stay here again. Need a bed for the night ?, this place will get you rested up and doubt you'll find cheaper anywhere in Inverness !!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you kindly for your comments, we are glad that you were able to enjoy a good nights sleep, please do come and see us again

Me an my two mates stayed the weekend for the Etape Loch Ness. The staff were helpful

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

Told me they weren't going to charge me so I found an alternative hostel. Then when I contacted them about this, they ignored me.

I really liked the location, and the staff were very friendly. I went for a festival and was happy to chill with all the other attendees. Much fun was had in the kitchen.

• 1st May 2014
  • klindemo6918

Thank you for your lovely words, so glad you enjoyed your stay here in Inverness. Please do come and see us soon.

Nice hostel and staff. I really enjoyed my time here.

We really enjoyed your company, what a refreshing group of lovley people, please come back

Even before I arrived I already felt welcome. As I was arriving quite late they called me before to double check my arrival. Very friendly voice on the line. Stuff amazingly friendly. I have to say it was one of the best experiences I ever had. I thought kithcen was a bit small, but it was even better when you have friendly people around so we actually had some nice chatting while cooking with everybody around.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

Thank you for your kind words, and please do return, will be great to see you for a dance and a sing song again soon

Perfect stay! I recomended everyone!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thank you!!!!

The staff were very knowledgeable and professional. The hostel as a whole was nice. I would stay here again in future.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you kindly for your lovely comments, you are always welcome back, please come and see us again soon.

Only found one reliable shower, other were either scolding hot or ice cold. Friendly staff doing thier best, knowledgeable and very kind social people. The showers and washrooms really needed some help.

We are really sorry that you had trouble with the showers- maybe if you stay with us again we can show you the correct setting or you can let us know of your troubles while still here so that we may help. I hope this didnt ruin your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

I tried to think of something bad, but nothing came to mind. Excellent location, cleanliness, staff and price. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed. Highly recommended.

Thank you kindly for you lovely comments, please return- you will always be welcome

Great location!

The lady who looked like manager, needs to be polite with the guests. She was really rude to me as my taking bath had disturbed her sleep as it was bit early in the morning. Though she herself would keep running around till late night. My room was so close to the toilet that every little sound produced there was audible which was embarrassing. Kitchen was a mess, specially the microwave. Room was too tiny, no space to stand, no cupboards, no room service in 4 days' stay sheets were never changed

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

Thank you kindly for your comments. However, your constructive critisism would have been more benificial to us and yourselves should you have spoken to any one of my team when you were infact here. This is a hostel, with 54 beds- we deep clean our kitchen at least twice daily, but it is a working kitchen for our guests to enjoy. As stated our 4 bed dorms are little, but designed for travellers and tourists. You are welcome to stay in the future but I think what you are looking for is a hotel.

very welcoming place, very nice atmosphere, great value for money I like it just one flush near room 4 is very noisy and quite annoying overnight, needs to be checked and certainly be repaired but i have been very satisfied with my stay

• 15th Apr 2014

The hostel is in a convenient location - right next to the bus station and a few minutes' walk from the railway station. Staff are friendly and helpful. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the toilets which were spotless and smelt fresh. Likewise with the beddings. The WiFi was sporadic in the top-floor room I was at on the first day, presumably due to too many users, but on the quieter second day was much more reliable. Overall a good place to stay.

To be fair, we only bunked in for one short nite, that too - arriving late, around 11pm.....and were out before 8am next day. For some reason, the rooms were a bit drab. Later, we stayed for two days in Portree Independent Hostel, and the rooms and general atmosphere was much lively.

a good hostel with an eccellent price. the only negative aspect is the queue to the toilets, because these are together with the sinks.

• 10th Apr 2014

We are sorry that we don't have more bathrooms on each floor but do hope that you enjoyed your stay, please visit again soon

Staff was fantastic. Inverness was the highlight of my trip because of everyone at this hostel!

• 9th Apr 2014

Oh, thank you! what a lovely thing to say- enjoy your tavels and please come see us again!

This has been the most friendliest hostel I've ever been, I like the staff, the living room and the kitchen enable us to socialize with other hostelmates. The location was perfect next to the bus station

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Thank you kindly, hope to see you soon- enjoy the rest of your travels!

Showers were always goddam cold or goddam hot. No other complaints though.