Inverness Youth Hostel Reviews

Victoria Drive, Inverness, Scotland

Just really not what I expected.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Pro: Friendly staff, clean, quite spacious. Con: Internet very expensive, a bite remote in a very quiet neighbourhood.

Wish the WiFi had been free. This is the only hostel I've stayed in where I had to pay for WiFi

I found this good but basic. Visitors should be aware that it is a large hostel used by school parties and noise rules are not well enforced. The self catering kitchen facilities were good but the bedroom facilities were in need of refurbishment. I used a three bed room on my own because I was in need of a good nights sleep. Unfortunately the mattresses were only 2' 6" wide and so old that I had to use two duvets on top of my mattress to make it comfortable.

• 22nd May 2015

Would be better if there was free WiFi

Quite expensive for what it was and extremely unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Also everyone gets virtually no mobile coverage there but to use wifi is something mad like £3 per hour.

There was no wireless internet available in the rooms

• 2nd Apr 2015

Lack of free wi-fi was annoying when it's found in so many other hostels in Europe, rest of facilities were good though. Location was ok.