Fabulous 205 Total Reviews
Fabulous 205 Total Reviews
Inverness Youth Hostel Located at Victoria Drive, , Inverness.
Scotland
Inverness IV2 3QB Victoria Drive
83% 205
57.4816260 -4.2061114
    Rooms available

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Nov 2016

We had a group of 12 students and we were looking for somewhere cheap but safe and close enough to town. This was perfect for us, the staff were very flexible and accommodating and I was happy that we were able to keep our luggage at the Hostel when we checked in/out. It was just what we were looking for

1st Nov 2016
6.9

I stood at the counter with the staff talking to each other and ignoring me for a couple minutes which annoyed me. The building reminded me of a dormitory. It had long hallways full of rooms that looked just like small dorms. Our room was clean and the bathroom was very clean. We did have to strip the linens off our own beds which was a little annoying at the price of the room.

• Italy, All Male Group, 31-40
22nd Oct 2016

we have enjoyed our stay. nothing to complain about :)

• Globetrotter
22nd Oct 2016

Nice hostel. Only stayed one night. Good kitchen. Clean bathrooms.

• Scotland, Male, 41+
25th Sep 2016

I've stayed at SYHA Victoria Drive over the years, and enjoyed my stays ,a stopover from Dumfries to Stornoway.The en suite room I stayed in was very comfortable. It was nice to see Olympia again, she has been there for about four years, and very welcoming.On the safety side one of the electrical sockets would not take my charger, so perhaps a fault with the socket electrical faults are potentially very dangerous perhaps this could be checked. Thank you. M Anderson.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Sep 2016

Nice, clean hostel. The median age seemed to be a bit high, but that wasn't a big deal at all. The beds were really comfortable, and the blanket was warm and cozy. This was walking distance to the city center, so the location was ideal. After passing several of the other hostels in the city center, I'm very happy I chose this one, as the ones right downtown looked noisy. The Youth Hostel was nice and quiet, the breakfast was great, the staff were friendly. What more can you ask for? Will return!

29th Aug 2016
4.9

Souless place; felt like I was in the hotel from The Shining. Unfriendly atmosphere, if you want a social hostel don't stay here. Some staff were helpful, others were rude. Common areas need better heating. Kitchen was well equipped and spacious. Rooms were small and beds average. Showers are dated and not very clean. Too far out of town especially if you have heavy luggage.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2016
8.0

Internet didn't work really at all while I was here and the staff could be quite rude sometimes, but it was a decent place with good beds, secure lockers, and clean showers. Nothing about it was super unique or special, but it was a safe place and a great start to my trip. I would consider staying here again.

• Scotland, Male, 41+
7th Aug 2016

I have stayed at the Hostel several times over the years, and the high standers of accommodation and friendliness has never changed, so well done to all the staff.

• Globetrotter
31st Jul 2016
6.6

Located a bit out of town but we had a car so was easy to get around. The guy who checked us in was terrible, forgot we had to pay, had no clue about local attractions, and gave no info on hostel facilities ie kitchen bathrooms etc. room was fine, 2 pillows per bed! Would stay again.